Impassioned Psychopath

By silentecos

"I get jealous over anyone who comes near you. I Don't want to let you out of my sight for even a second, eve... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Four Years On
Chapter 2: Pinefall Island
Chapter 3: A vistor on Island
Chapter 4: Incounter
Chapter 5: Baby Austin
Chapter 6: Phone Call
Chapter 7: House Guests
Chapter 8: Reunion
Chapter 9: Roomies
Chapter 10: Off To Work
Chapter 11: Whore
Chapter 12: Ginger
Chapter 13: Nate
Hiatus
Update
Chapter 14: Amanda
Chapter 15: INSECURE
Chapter 16:Wingman?
Chapter 17:Ramon
Q&A
Chapter 18: MOM
Chapter 19: Confession
Chapter 20: Ethan
Chapter 21: Therapy
Chapter 22: Anger
Chapter 23: Fear
Chapter 24:Sleep Over
Chapter 25: Leo
Chapter 26: As Planned
Chapter 27: NYC
Chapter 28: The Mansion
Chapter 29: Few Months..
Chapter 30: Big Brother
Not An Update
Chapter 31: At The Hospital...
Chapter 32: Escaping
Chapter 33:Wishes
Chapter 34: Betrayal?
Chapter 35:Birthday Party
Chapter 36: presents
Chapter 38: Picnic
Chapter 39: Mi cielo
Chapter 40: Rage Blackout
Chapter 41:H&Z
Q&A
Chapter 42: Damage Control
Chapter 43:A Baby?
Chapter 44: Captivity
Chapter 45: Girls night...
Chapter 46:Day Break
Chapter 47: New adventure
Dear Reader(s)
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 37: Break

523 31 12
By silentecos

Hunter's POV

Two months had passed since my birthday party, it took about 3 weeks just for me to finally finish opening up my birthday presents.

Two months went by in a flash and things between Amanda and I were getting much worse.

After I told Zack that I felt alone at my birthday party he did try spending more time with me but that only lasted for so long. He had a girlfriend and now that their relationship was made public, they were more open about it.

My body wasn't completely healed so I still hadn't reported to work. In the morning, he would always make sure we had breakfast together and tried to converse with me but breakfast wasn't just me and him, of course, his girlfriend was there, and it's not like he could just ignore her when she spoke to him.

During the day I was mostly with Brian since everyone had to go to work and in the evenings I often had dinner alone, Zack mostly ate out with Skylar and Amanda, well she always came home late. Zack was trying his best but like they say you can't serve two masters at once. He had a girlfriend who stayed in the same house, no matter how he tried his attention would always be divided.

Amanda and my relationship on the other hand was none existent at that point. Apart from small talk, we didn't interact much, we were basically strangers. I spent my day mostly doing interviews with various media houses, yes the media was still all over me. If not that I was with my physical therapist, He helped a lot with helping me regain my strength.

With how busy my schedule had been, I wasn't really able to talk to her properly not to mention she left for work early and came back really late and she always seemed tired. When I called the office they told me she never worked overtime.

That of course made me wonder if she was going to meet someone in secret and my suspicion was proven correct. Apparently, she had reconciled with her parents, she was renting them a house in the city and paying for her father's medical expenses. I did understand why she decided to keep that a secret from me and Zack after everything that happened in the past but at the same time, it irritated me.

I sighed then stood up and walked out of my room, it was already passed 8 AM.

'I'm sure Zack has left for the office already'

I walked downstairs and found Zack having breakfast.

"I thought you had already left for work," I said then took a seat.

"I overslept. Is the physical therapist coming over today" he asked.

"No" I replied.

"Hmm I see" he replied.

"I already got the go-ahead so I think I'll be returning to work by next week" I announced.

"Kay. Don't push yourself, if it's too much just take a break" He answered.

I served myself and then started eating, we ate in silence for a short while before Zack spoke up.

"Kira and Ethan have been too quiet, it's starting to worry me" He spoke up.

"I get what you mean, do you think he's planning something, or maybe he's just in hiding," I asked.

He signed.

"Last time in the hospital, he said something about taking out a page from your book and letting us get a taste of our own medicine. This silence can only mean he's planning something really bad" he explained.

I chuckled.

"A taste of our own medicine That will be hard to narrow down. We had been rather creative over the years. It's kind of scary thinking of what he could do" I commented.

"Tell me about it, do you remember when we glued headphones to that one guy and made him listen to loud rock music at full volume till he's ear bleed," he asked.

"Or how we blew up one of the big four in a plan. That was kind of a cool time" I said.

"Oh I remember that, or when we killed Brandon by making him target practice, that was gruesome" he commented with a laugh.

"Don't mention that guy's name, it annoys me remembering him. Anyway While I was away have you done anything gruesomely" I asked.

"Hmm let's see, I once pushed someone off a building, I tied someone on the train tracks, I also fed someone to a pack of wolves. nothing really gruesome, I think my creativity had died alongside you, I just wanted to inflict pain in everyone, I wanted them all to feel what I felt so I just went on a killing rampage mostly" he said.

I grinned.

"Aww did you miss me that bad, I heard you didn't even cry when I died how sad" I commented.

"I couldn't believe you were gone, I felt like crying would make everything feel real and if that happened I would have probably ended it all"

"Hmm, I understand why you cried so much that day then" I blurted out.

"What day, I never cried" he defended.

"Yes you did, after I regained my memory, when we were on the rooftop you—"

He banged his hands on the table.

"It was raining that day, you didn't see it properly so don't start spreading rumors, you think I'd cry because you said a few words to me," He asked.

I chuckled.

"Of course, you could. Who else in the entire world can make you cry in 10 seconds if you don't want anyone to find out Bribe me then, there are still some gaps in my memory I might forget this and tell someone" I teased.

"I already bought you an island though" he reminded.

"You are right but I want something else"

"What. Just name it and I'll give it to you" he assured.

"I want to spend more quality time with you like this, this little chat was fun I missed this feeling so much" I spoke up.

He looked at me surprised.

"I missed us talking like this too. The silence felt so awkward, it felt like we turned into a sexless old couple. I thought we had actually run out of things to say to each other. The idea of that happening makes me shudder" he said shaking his body.

I couldn't hold in it, I bursted out laughing.

" you didn't just say that, How dare you compare our relationship to an old sexless couple—anyway I always have something I want to talk to you about but your attention is always divided between me and Skylar and you know how I feel about sharing, "I said.

" I'm sorry, I've been insensitive, after you told me you were lonely I should really do more to make you feel welcomed "he apologized.

" don't stress I understand and besides—"

"No, you are my top priority, no one will ever be more important than you. I'll have to repent for my sin and drown you in so much love and attention you gain weight from all the sweetness. I'll miss work today so we can hang out" he said with determination and excitement.

"I appreciate that but I have plans with Steve today, he said he's in town for a few days and wanted to tell me something" I announced.

"Huh"

_______

He started laughing.

"After all these years he still gets jealous when you say you are hanging out with me," Steve asked.

"Why did you bring me to a firing range," I asked.

"Are you complaining," he asked.

I loaded the gun and then smiled.

"Not at all, I missed the feel of a gun, it's been forever and you even arranged a private shooting range just for me. I'm grateful" I said.

"Well you are a VVIP now plus you are still in danger a secluded place is ideal to protect you properly, half an army is surrounding the area just for your protection, and even your men are patrolling the area as well.

" you guys really do know how to exaggerate don't you"

I put on the ear defenders.

I aimed the gun and then shot at the target multiple times, I missed the first few tries.

"My aim has gotten rusty. How embarrassing" I commented.

He chuckled.

"You are welcome to drop by here to practice. although after everything you've been through I thought you wouldn't return to a life of holding a gun," he commented.

"What made you think that? I wouldn't wish to live such a boring life" I answered.

As we went on more and more around, I at least improved a little bit. Steve just started showing off. We talked a bit while we went at it.

"So what are you planning to do with Amanda, it looks like things for you are getting worse and worse. I could do some research and find out if she has another guy" he suggested.

"I don't think she has someone else" I answered.

"Then what are you gonna do, look the other way and pretend not to notice anything just because you feel guilty," he asked.

I didn't reply.

"You know that will only make things worse both of you are only hurting each other" he added.

"I know and I also know what I have to do to put a stop to her worries but that will open up another cane of worms" I commented.

He sighed.

"You haven't changed a bit have you, your obsession with her will really get you killed one day" he advised.

"What do you mean, I haven't even done anything yet. Instead of playing the guessing game, you should start sniffing out Kira and that Ethan" I said.

"Didn't you say you wanted to focus on fixing things with your family first?" he asked.

"I just want to know what they are up to. It's been too quiet and peaceful since I woke up. It's eerie " I answered.

"I got it, don't worry this time I'll take your protection seriously"

We spent a few more hours there then went our separate ways after that Brian who was following me the entire day drove me back home.

"Do you have something to say, you keep glancing at me you'll get us into an accident" I scolded.

"I just stumbled upon some information by mistake but I'm not sure if I should tell you" he spoke gripping the steering wheel.

"Who is it about," I asked leaning back in my seat.

"Ms Amanda" he spoke.

"Tell me" I quickly replied.

"Uh ever since you asked me to look into what she does when she says she's at work. She paid a visit to the hospital a few days ago with her parents" He explained.

"What, is this about her father"

"No sir, according to the report she was the patient. I think she passes out when she went to visit them and they took her to the hospital. The initial report said she fainted due to exhaustion and poor diet. It looks like she's been starving herself and hasn't been getting much sleep" He explained.

"Really," I asked.

"Sir, I'm only telling you about this because I'm worried. The last time she did something similar was when you had disappeared. At the time Mr Zack was in a pretty bad state and didn't pay attention but it had gotten really bad" he explained.

"Brian" I called.

"Yes sir"

"The doctor who attended to her set up an appointment. I want to talk to that doctor and while you are at—" I cut myself off, I couldn't even finish the sentence.

I was angry and couldn't think rationally.

When I arrived, Skylar and Zack were in the living room making out Amanda just sat on the sofa on her phone.

"I'm back" I announced making them pull away.

"Ah welcome back, you're back later than expected. Where did you two go, you seem to have had fun" Zack commented.

"he took me to a firing range, it was alright," I said.

"I knew you wouldn't have fun if I wasn't there" he boosted.

"When did I say I didn't have fun " I replied.

I glanced at Amanda, and when our eyes met she averted her gaze. That action made me mad. I started walking to her.

She stood up.

"I just remembered I have some work to finish. You should have dinner first hun—" she started but was cut off when she looked up at me.

"You are openly ignoring me now," I asked.

"I'm not ignoring you," she assured.

"In the past two months, I've only seen you 7 times, in 60 days Amanda and you expect me to believe that you are not ignoring me," I asked.

I grabbed her hand.

"We need to talk —you two shouldn't try to interfere or disturb," I said.

I started walking up the stairs holding Amanda's hand tightly, I walked to her room and locked the door.

"Here we are just the two of us, now tell me what's going on" I demanded.

She started playing with her hands.

"Noth—"

"Don't start with that don't you even dare try to say nothing" I screamed making her flinch.

"I've been keeping quiet because I thought you were just avoiding me but you haven't been eating properly have you, you've lost a lot of weight, you have bags under your eyes, do you even sleep these days, it looks like you spend the day crying. I would have continued turning a blind eye if you weren't neglecting your health so Amanda enough, just come out with it and tell me why exactly are you avoiding me" I asked.

She was trembling, she bit her lower lip.

"Don't you have feelings for me anymore is that it? Is there another guy in your life that you like huh" I asked.

She quickly shook her head.

"Then tell me what's going on," I asked.

"I—i-i-uh I" she looked panicked.

"Amanda" I called. I held her hand.

"I-i- can't tell you" she spoke up.

" why,"

"Because you'll hate me"

I cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears.

"Nothing you say will make me hate you—I can't help you if you don't tell me"I assured.

" h-hunter when you had disappeared for a while i—i had a relationship with your —with your brother, "she said as she broke down crying.

I stayed quiet.

'That's it?, she's been putting herself down because she didn't know I knew'

'For weeks now she was burdening herself because of that'

'For weeks she has been doing nothing but thinking of Ethan?'

I dropped my hands from her. Her eyes widened and she held onto my arm.

" I never slept with him I promise, we only dated for a while swear I don't have feelings for him please don't hate me. I didn't know he was Justin's son, he trick me, he—"

"I already knew you and him were together" I confessed.

"Y-you knew. H-how" she asked taking a step back from me.

"I regained my memory remember. I didn't say anything because I thought we could just put it behind us, I knew if I told you the way you treated me would be different because you would be riddled with guilt. I didn't consider that with or without telling you you'd still agonize over it. I'm still fucking things up till now. I'm sorry" I apologized.

"You're not mad," she asked.

"Mad?, I don't know how I feel about this, it feels like a prank. I honestly hope it stays this way I don't want such a realization to sink in, I don't think I can live with it" I said then rubbed my forehead.

"Nothing will go back to normal at this rate, no matter what I do, whatever I try to do, I'm only making things worse" I added.

"T-t-that's not true I'm the one who kept things from you because I was scared and paranoid, I thought you'd leave for Kira if you found out. I don't know why I've been feeling so insecure about everything" she cried. Her tears kept on flowing.

I sighed.

"Amanda don't you think we should take a break from this relationship"I asked.

Her eyes went wide but then she suddenly started laughing.

" I think I'm hearing things, I could swear I heard you say you wanted to leave me," She said.

Her breathing suddenly got heavier, and she stared at me waiting for a response but I didn't give it to her she lightly started pulling her hair.

"Y-you want to leave me. But why —i know what I did is wrong but you can't break up with me just like that. I promise I won't avoid you, I won't keep any secrets, I'll do whatever you ask just please don't leave me" she sobbed.

She started hyperventilating.

"Amanda calm down. What's happening to you" I  trying to get closer to her but she moved back.

Her body was trembling a lot.

"You want to leave me, that means you didn't mean it. You are angry aren't you, you hate me, I shouldn't have told you" she chanted.

"I made this decision for us to sort out ourselves and our feelings, this won't last forever I love you and I still want to be with you that won't ever change but right now we are just trying to force things and look where that has gotten us. I just don't want to hurt you any more than I have" I said.

She dropped to the ground, her body was still trembling a lot.

"This is because of Kira isn't it, you want to go back to that bitch don't you, you think she and I are the same so you decided to go back—— I won't let you, I don't want to lose you again, I won't let her ruin this, i-i-I'll kill her before she tried to take you away, you are mine. You belong to me, you told me that your heart, mind, and body belong to me so why are you—" she said.

Her eyes were wide as golf balls, she was gasping for air. She placed a hand on her chest.

"Amanda" I tried going close to her but she pushed me away.

"Stay away from me, you're a liar, you said you'd always be with me. Everything you did was a lie"

"My lo—"

"Stay away from me" she screamed covering her ears.

"Amanda please my love calm down ——OK I won't mention us breaking up just calm down" I pleaded.

She wrapped her hands tightly around me. She held on tightly like her life depended on it, she buried her face in my chest probably trying to inhale my scent, I guess that helped her calm down a bit but she still didn't stop crying.

"I don't want to break up" she sobbed.

our bodies were squished together so tight it was getting hard to breathe.

"I won't say that again so please calm down" I pleaded.

"Amanda, I don't know what to do anymore, I don't know what is going on with you, I feel like being in your life is slowly killing you, I have become a lethal poison for you but you still don't want to let me go I'm so confused, tell me what I should do please, all I want is to make you happy.  I want my Amanda back" I said though I doubt she heard me over her sobs.

________

Don't forget to

Vote

Comment

And/or

Share ✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 5K 30
Rebelling against your parents is only a phase, right? Right? - 100k 1.8.20
448 17 28
'Well, will you be my girlfriend?' 'You're supposed to be on one knee, idiot.' I get down on one knee. 'Will you be my girlfriend, Skye?' She acts...
34.7K 609 33
"I could kill you," he grins holding the gun to my temple. "I wouldn't be scared," I reminded him. He trails the gun under my chin lifting it, allowi...
3.7K 201 22
Aurelia- All my life I've been in the shadows of people around me. Keep my head low, Don't make eye contact and speak when spoken to. Deep down insid...