opposites attract: karma akab...

By ichvgo

❝ there goes that saying. opposites attract. ❞ - an angel and red-haired devil somehow find common grou... More

i. the world is a cruel place
ii. evergreen blues
iii. dealing with the devil
iv. downtime

v. kyoto killjoy

192 14 9
By ichvgo

"what the hell has gotten into you??"

‧₊˚‧₊˚.

"(y/n)! have you decided yet?"

YOU look up at yano speaking to you whilst in the middle of packing up to leave for the end of the school day.

"decided... what again?" you reply.

"you forgot? the group you'll be in for the kyoto trip next week!" she joyously says, showing you multiple tourist magazines of the city in her hands.

with the drastic location change from the classroom to the bustling city of the kansai region, karasuma had warned the class that the 3 day and 2 night trip to kyoto was just as pivotal to work on the assassination than ever.

"once you've decided, tell your results to the class representatives — either isogai or myself." kataoka says to you.

speaking of yūma, i should ask him to group up! you thought. you felt a sense of giddiness at the thought of him after your encounter at his workplace and spent the whole journey home arguing with yourself on whether or not it was silly to ask in the first place.

shouldn't he just come to me if he wants me in his group? i don't want to put him on the spot to say yes.. you thought. but i can't just expect him to read my mind, and there goes my chance to spend time with him and i will never forgive myself for not trying... you instantly rebutted.

alright, i should stop. i'm just making up scenarios in my head again: one thing your inner monologues were finally able to agree on.

you figured it was the logical choice to group up with karma based on his track record and the semi-success your joint assassination attempt had, but you were too hung up on yūma to consider if his abilities were even up to par with karma's. your mind had been made up.

‧₊˚‧₊˚.

the next day came and seeing a few groups for the trip slowly assemble in front of you in the classroom put more pressure upon you. you spent the previous night psyching yourself up whilst scribbling mental note, after mental note, after mental note on how to properly articulate to yūma that you want to spend the rest of your life with him — you mean — in kyoto.

as you finally built the courage to even turn to look in his direction, you begin to practically charge at him like a horse being whipped to make haste in battle.

"yū-"

"oh me, right?"

you suddenly felt a force latch itself onto your wrist and drag you to the side, the culprit being someone you didn't even need to take a wild guess as to being.

"found our last girl~~" karma said to everyone with his hand still gripping onto your wrist and shaking it up and down provokingly.

you were ready to erupt on him for even suggesting to join his group without consulting you first, but after seeing the people with karma (nagisa, yano, kanzaki, okuda, and sugino) you were content in staying nonetheless. you were more annoyed that it was as if he put you in a position to not say no by being tactical in grouping with your friends.

"oooh! no objections there!" yano excitedly exclaimed.

"you're lucky i like these people, akabane." you say, having to rip yourself away from his firm grip on your arm.

"awww, so you're not doing this for me?" he snarled whilst giving you puppy eyes and pressing his hands together.

you chuckle and roll your eyes at karma, "whatever, let's just plan out what we'll be doing."

the amount of tasks on everyones plates should have them feeling the tension in the atmosphere rise, but it was the opposite. class e had managed to balance the routine of planning their routes in a serious manner and concurrently goofing around.

from laughter, confusion, the culture shock that came with discovering things about kyoto that was ambiguous in your hometown — you had a sneaking feeling this trip with 3-e will become a core memory to remember from this school term.

‧₊˚‧₊˚.

the journey on the train was eventful as comes with having a yellow octopus as a teacher, a government official as your pe teacher, and a new english teacher from serbia who had been dubbed 'ms. bitch' by the entire class (courtesy of karma, because of course it came from him.)

korosensei had travelled attached to the train in concealment with the vehicle; this led to the discovery that he can somehow experience motion sickness which could prove to be useful for future assassination attempts. additionally, your group got out of the inn 3-e was staying in the morning with a missing itinerary which made you closely follow korosensei's curated guidebook to the tourist attracting city for safety measures. this was much to karma's dismay, who used this to jokingly call you a 'goody two-shoed geek' for caring so much about it and not 'going with the flow' of the trip.

everyone (including you) were too busy admiring the unearthly sceneries that accompanied kyoto to the point that assassinations were the least of your worries and decided to take a detour to a nearby convenience store.

as you approached it, you spotted an onset of people coming out of the store — people too familiar. they were wearing your school uniform, but a head of strawberry blonde had caught your eye. it was asano, and in the midst of his followers was a girl.

this should feel normal, right? this isn't anything to worry about. except, he had his hand placed on the crook of her waist as they were walking out, exactly the hand placement he reserved for you.

you remembered the feeling of comfort it would give you everytime he did this, the fact that it never failed to make you certain that he loved you. your organs plummeted to the bottom of your body when coming to the realisation that he will never do this for you ever again.

neither group noticed eachother, nor did they see your reaction as they were too lost in their own worlds. you felt your eyes being blinded with tears, and in response you impulsively bolted in the opposite way. you just wanted to go somewhere, anywhere that was not here.

as you let your emotions invade your being, you didn't notice the multiple voices loosely following you from behind — they were crying out your name and their footsteps made harsh stomps on the pavement. ignoring their pleads to come to a standstill, you continued to scurry into a quieter space of kyoto which seemed impossible to reach in such a garrulous city.

you finally stumbled upon a deeper part of the gion district that had no sign of life and was deadly mute. although unintentionally chosing this place to run into, you realised it was a perfect place for assassination.

you felt a tug on your arm which abruptly stopped your pace; turning around was your entire group catching their breaths from running a dozen blocks. they had looks of concern plastered all over them, but it was karma with his hand securing you from taking off again — you could tell that he was the only one who knew why you ran.

"what the hell has gotten into you??" sugino spurts out between breaths of exhaustion, his arm lifting to scratch the back of his head.

"i don't know, i'm sorry." you managed to say through tears whilst also trying to recover from your sprint, the mixture of the two making you violently heave in desperation for air.

"what happened back there?" nagisa asks.

"my god, i don't know and i don't to talk about it."

"(y/n), will you just calm down-" karma spurts out, locking his arms on each side of your body in attempts to knock some sense into you.

"do not tell me to calm down." you say, aggressively freeing yourself from the locks of his grasp.

"i am so sick and tired of you telling me what to do all of the time! i am my own person and i don't need you dictating what i can or cannot do with my life."

immediately finishing your sentence made you come to your senses and regret everything you just did. how did this escalate from almost running into your ex, to shouting at your friend in front of everyone for seemingly no reason?

"that's perfect. how about we dictate it for you right now then, darling?"

out of nowhere, your group is swarmed with intimidating guys who appear to be in highschool. what they lacked in facial attractiveness had been made up with their considerably large builds, greatly outnumbering the seven of you in both mass and strength.

karma immediately changes his expression from being bewildered by your words to slyly challenging the brutes, eyes demeaningly staring them down.

"..what's up gents? well, you don't seem to be here for sightseeing."

you note that he is guarding you with his body, like he was making sure that you were right behind him and acting as your own personal shield.

"let's start with you boys leaving the chicks here and going home." another demands with a twisted smile.

chicks?! you remarked in your head. no matter what, they were not going to leave without the four of us. you had to do something.

you catch karma's eye subtly looking back at you, you knew him well enough to realise this was an indicator to act with him. even in conflict and however much you were irritated by him right now, karma's glance at you was all you needed to be ready to conduct your second joint attack.

giving him a slight nod, karma on cue body slams two delinquents effortlessly. meanwhile, you grab the thick-textured guidebook from your bag and plunge it into the face of another that was rushing at him with a knife, any possible blood shed was hidden with the crimson hue of the cover.

"see nagisa? if there are no witnesses, i can fight however much i want." karma says to him.

before you could gain your composure, you get swept off your feet by two men — the instinct to thrash around only worsened your current position as they squeeze firmly on your body.

karma's guard gets let down from the mere sight of you, yano, and kanzaki being taken away — which was ample time for the group leader (a pompous man with long dark hair sleeked down to his neck and a piercing scar on the right side of his cheek) to knock him down on the ground with the swing of an unknown weapon. seeing him land face first onto the concrete made you more panicked and elevated your screams for help, and it isn't long until your mouth gets filled with a piece of cloth and breathing instantly becomes scarce.

the lack of oxygen from being smothered made your limbs melt into jelly; they become useless in your attempt to escape. before you could give into the void and lose consciousness, the last thing you see was nagisa and sugino on the floor on top of eachother in defeat. but most of all, you make eye contact with a distressed karma — who weakly lifted his head up whilst calling out for you — only to be surrounded by the group of delinquents and be ruthlessly beat to a pulp for good.

‧₊˚‧₊˚.

uhh heyyy guysssss LOL

yall are probably used to my long indefinite hiatuses (sorry bout that) but i've been meaning to return for MONTHSS now, but life has been so busy atm :'( this was SOOO much fun to write and i'm getting down to writing chapter 6 already,, i can't wait to hear back from everyone <33 love you all and don't forget to vote and support my account please !!!!!!

also new layout-ish hope you like.. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.5K 1.6K 17
(Karma Akabane x Reader) You and Karma have a lot of history, due to being childhood friends and everything. The two of you have been so close for so...
227K 6.8K 15
Class E's "Evil Deity" is tangled into a huge mess after her transfer. A fake, hypocrite and a cheater in the eyes of the many students in Kunugigaok...
786K 24.4K 26
'Horrible. That's what my life is. Horrible.' (Y/n) (L/n) is a 14-year-old girl that recently got moved down to the lowest class of her school, Kunug...
3.3K 65 32
You are a normal student that goes to one of the most prestigious school. That's what most people think. But they are wrong. You are in the 3-E class...