Four Elements Book 2 - Fight...

By MarionAvalon

#117 in Fantasy Second book of the Fateful Five series. A few weeks after the events of Hidden Powers, the Fa... More

Foreword
Prologue
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Epilogue

Part 7

1K 70 16
By MarionAvalon

"How are rehearsals coming? Is Vicki letting you breathe?" Jessica asked.

"Yeah." Andie said, biting into her sandwich. "She's trying to drop hints about how so much more talented she is than me, but no one really listens to her anymore. And I have to admit our voices work well together."

They were sitting at the cafeteria after a morning of tests. The mood was a little subdued because of the cold and the fact that they were no longer on vacation.

"Well, be careful that she doesn't put something in your thermos when you're not looking, or something," Jessica said.

"I'll be fine, Jess. Vicki's not stupid enough to do that kind of thing. It would be too easy to guess she was responsible, I mean it's no secret we don't like each other much. But thanks for the concern," Andie smiled.

"Okay, forget that, didn't you guys find that last test really hard?"

"It wouldn't have felt hard if you studied a little occasionally," Isabelle pointed out with a mischievous smile.

"I'm sorry, have you seen how busy we've been lately?"

"Andes and I have been even busier than you two, and we still study." Isabelle replied.

"Yeah, well I need my beauty sleep," Jessica said.

The girls grinned at each other.

"So, Andie, where's your betrothed?"

"He is not my betrothed," Andie chuckled. "We've been together only a few weeks. And his uncle needed a hand for this weekend at the store."

"Oh, right. The movie soundtrack gig," Emily said. "That'll be great, I can't wait for it."

"Yeah, it'll be fun," Andie smiled. "Speaking of, I have a few posters left to put up before the bell rings."

"Hold up, I'll help you," Isabelle said.

They both got to their feet.

"We'll catch you guys later," Isabelle said.

"Sure. Later, guys," Jessica said.

And they walked off.

"... A paint-ball game?" Andie asked dubiously.

"Yeah! It'll be awesome!" Jessica said.

They had met up outside during break that afternoon.

"... We've never played paint-ball!" Emily pointed out.

"So? You only live once, right?"

"I like the idea," Bane smiled.

Andie glanced from Bane to Jessica, not sure how she felt about them agreeing over a game revolving around shooting one another with paint.

"I guess it does sound kind of fun," Isabelle said thoughtfully.

"Sure, it does! How about after school tomorrow?"

The others looked at each other.

"I don't know, Jess, I still have to do my set-list for this weekend..." Andie said.

"And I have a huge chemistry test next week..." Isabelle said.

"Oh, come on! Please? How often so we get the opportunity? If we don't now, we probably never will!"

"And besides, my uncle will be happy with anything you offer," Bane said. "Let's do it!"

The girls looked at each other. Andie was relieved to see she wasn't the only one unsure that Bane and Jessica agreeing was a good thing. Eventually, Emily shrugged and Isabelle raised her hands in a "don't look at me" sort of way. Andie sighed. It couldn't hurt, could it? And it would be nice to have some fun.

"Okay." she said. "Why not?"

So, after the final bell rang that afternoon, the gang met up in the parking lot where Jessica gave them the details.

"We'll be outside, so it'll be a little cold, but it'll really be worth it, trust me." she said.

"Okay, lead the way," Isabelle said.

So they set out. Soon enough, they were there.

"Well, here we are, Elma Paintball." Jessica said. "Ready, guys?"

"Okay, then, let's go." Emily said.

Bane took Andie's hand and they walked inside, he and Jessica easily excited enough for the five of them.

"Hey, guys, what can I do for you?" the tenant asked.

It was a young red haired man, about the age of a college student. Jessica went to the counter while the others looked around. Bane stood around the racks of camouflage outfits and helmets.

Andie walked to step next to him, and noticed a thoughtful expression on his face.

"What's on your mind?" she asked.

"I was just trying to picture you in one of these."

Andie, flushing furiously, shoved him playfully.

"Shut up!" she laughed.

"What?" he asked.

"I'll look ridiculous!" she said, smiling.

"No, I think you'll look great," he assured her, grinning.

Andie laughed. Jessica then walked towards them.

"Okay, time to pick up our outfits, and it's show time."

"Now, before I let you go and shoot yourselves, there are a few rules you need to know: First, and that's the most important, no aiming the face. Those glasses should protect your eyes, but even so. Second, no food and drink in the game zone. Third, no blind firing. Only shoot if you see an opponent, and keep an eye open. There shouldn't be anyone else in this part of the woods, but you never know. Okay, then. Fire away." And so they headed outside. At the tenant's signal, they ran out of sight, splitting up so Bane and Andie were heading in one direction while the others ran the other way. They hid behind a large tree, glancing around for members of the other team.

"Okay, then. We stick together and watch each other's back." Bane said.

"That works for me," Andie said.

It was amusing, Andie found, to think that six months earlier, they would probably have only lasted a few minutes, if that long. But thanks to their training, their reflexes were sharper and they were faster than before. After working together on a strategy, they set out. The weather was indeed cold, but dry and clear.

"You ready for this?" Bane asked Andie with a mischievous smile.

"As I'll ever be," she smiled.

Bane grinned, loaded his paint gun and said:

"All right. Let's do this!"

The trees were thick, which made it easier to hide.

"I was right," Bane whispered to Andie.

"Right about what?" she asked.

"You look great in that outfit."

Andie nudged him, flushing.

"You look pretty good too," she smiled.

"Oh, watch out, enemy approaching from the left!"

He caught her hand and pulled her after him as sounds of paint-balls hitting trees behind them, followed by footsteps.

"On three, turn and shoot," Bane said.

"Got it." Andie nodded.

One." he began.

"Two." she answered.

"Three!" They finished together.

They spun around and fired, hitting two of the opposing team members.

"Run!" Bane called.

So they did.

*************************

I have tried Lasergame, but I think I would like paintball more ha ha have you ever tried it? If you have I'd love to hear about it!

Please do feel free to comment and hit that little star button, always appreciated :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 2.6K 67
Welcome to Oracle--a sprawling school of magic overlooked by a crystal mountain, surrounded by fields and forests beneath whipped clouds and endless...
8.5K 964 200
One day, a mysterious tower suddenly appeared in the city. The people decided to call it a dungeon, and while it was full of rugged terrain and dange...
329K 29.2K 107
"The Blind God walks around me, and I feel my mind prodded again like it was in the cavern, a spider weaving a tangled web. "Would you do anything to...
139K 2.7K 91
"You love someone, I'm just embarrassed I thought it was me" "You look at Elena with love, I should know ...