LAST SUSPECT

By siddharthians_13

He is a kindhearted professional lawyer whose clients always praise him for his hardwork while she is a murde... More

PLOT
CHARACTERS
Chapter 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 9

105 20 38
By siddharthians_13

Abhi was so lost in his thoughts that he forgot he was driving the car.

Sidd : Abhi aage dekh truck hai

Sidd shouted. Abhi came into senses and panicked realizing the situation...the truck coming in their direction. Sidd immediately handled the steering and turned the car leftwards. Abhi put the break..and car stopped at some distance.

They heard a song....a mysterious song...full of horror.

ABHI'S POV

I was so lost in my thoughts that i didn't realised there's a truck coming from front. Sidd shouted And I came out of my thoughts but I panicked. But thank god Ashu handles the situation. We heard a mysterious song as if someone is warning us. For a few minutes I was shocked then the realization strucked...Is he safe?

Abhi : A..ashu..Ashu thik hai na tu? Kahin lagi to nhi na? I'm so sorry bhai...pta nhi kahan dhyan tha.. I'm really sorry. Tu chupp kyu h...kuch bol. Thik hai na?

And there he was watching me with disbelief. Shit Abhii...natak krna tha na ...itni kya care dikha di..

Abhi : Don't get...

Sidd : Don't get any wrong hopes Mr. Siddharth. I was scared that's why I said all that....huhh...yhi kehna tha na tujhe?

Phir se nautanki chalu janab ki. Kabhi kabhi to aisa lagta hai ye insaan mujhe mujhse jyada jaanta hai. Kya baat kar rha hai Abhi...tere Ashu tujhe nhi janega to or kon janega. But kaafi baar na ye disadvantage bhi lagta hai...kyuki iski inhi harkaton se iss prr gussa rehne me parrshaani hoti hai.

Abhi : Haan

I said with a cold voice continuing my drama. I started the car and we reached the crime scene. I was going to get out of the car when he stopped me.

Sidd : Bhai...ab to baat krle dhang se. Dekh na tu galat hai na me galat..hum dono ke point of view thik hain..

Bss yahi to dikkat hai Ashu...you are still not trying to understand my point.

Abhi : I don't want to talk about personal matters right now Mr. Malhotra. We have a lot more things to do. Chaliye investigation bhi karni hai.

I left without even waiting for his reply.

Now we are checking the roads for any proof. But I guess the kidnapper really is way too smart. Ek bhi proof nhi chora. We checked the cctv cameras..but the footage of that time of the blackout was missing. We reached her apartment and saw the condition. It was fully destroyed
..blood stains all over the floor... things scattered around. Forensics already tested the blood samples..there's only victim's blood. Agar culprit ke blood samples mil jaate to kaam easy ho jata..but obviously why would they do such a silly mistake.

I went towards the window. Suddenly I remembered what vaishnavi told me. She kept her specs on the table...went towards the window..opened it...and let the fresh air flow. And How much I know her... her eyesight is too weak. The possibility is...maybe she witnessed a murder from her window but she couldn't actually witness because of her eyesight. The murderer saw her and misinterpreted her to be the witness and came to kill her...but she was already out for grocery. Maybe then Ruhaan came and the murderer had to kill him rather than killing Vaishnavi. And I'm damn sure that cycle wala person is the culprit. But this all is just my assumption..I don't know the percentage of my possibility being true. Because we didn't get any evidence..not even the murder weapon.

Sidd : Abhi yahan to kuch bhi nhi mil rha yarr.

Abhi : Let's go back..we have to think something else.

ABHI'S POV ENDS

COURT HEARING DAY

Judge : Prosecutor Abhishek.. announce the opening statement.

Abhi stood up from his chair... greeted the judge and started speaking.

Abhi : Defendant Ms. Vaishnavi Rao planned to murder her ex boyfriend, Ruhaan khan after he broke up with her. On 27 March 2023, she lured the victim, Ruhaan Khan to her place. Then she brutally murdered him with a sharp knife. For this, I indict defendant Ms. Vaishnavi Rao for murder under Article 250 of the Criminal code.

Judge : Attorney Siddharth, do you admit to the charge made by the prosecution?

He stood up from his chair..greeted the judge and started speaking.

Sidd : No, I do not, Your honor. Defendant Ms. Vaishnavi Rao pleads not guilty.

Judge : You may start the procedure.

Abhi : I want the permission to present the witness Your honor

Judge : Permission granted

Then Yashika comes in the witness box. Abhi composed himself and focused on the case. He went towards her.

Abhi : Ms. Yashika...can you please tell me what Ms. Vaishnavi used to say?

Yashika : After that hotel incident..she always used to clinge around him and sing that wierd song always

She told about the whole incident.

Sidd : May I have the permission your honor?

Judge : Permission granted.

SIDD'S POV

Clinge? Weird song? Now you see Ms. Yashika. I went towards her

Sidd : Ms. Yashika...You said you are close to the victim right?

Yashika : Yes

Sidd : You said you heard defendant Ms. Vaishnavi Rao blackmailing the victim by a song

Yashika : Yes ofc

Sidd : "I could die because of hunger." "Im so upset that I could die" A common expression right? Do you think everyone who used these terms dies? Same goes for "Im going to kill you". Defendant Vaishnavi Rao was not at all serious about this statement.

Yashika : No..I'm damn sure she was serious about that.

Sidd : I want you to remember one incident Ms. Yashika. That day in the police station..you held defendant by her collar and threatened her to kill her. Does that mean you are also serious about killing her?

Hahaa..she reminded silent. I knew it..obviously my statement is 100% right.

Judge : The witness may leave.

Yashika left the witness box. Vaishu comes to the box

Vaishu : Yes I admit that I sang those words your honor..but the intentions behind my words was not at all bad. I just wanted to make him realize that he did wrong..nothing else. Even I'm shocked that he is no more. I didn't did anything your honor.

Judge : Based upon lack of evidences and the only fact present right now.. The court is unable to come at any decision. The court is giving the defandant attorney a last chance to prove their innocence. The court is adjourned for the time being.

Saying this the judge ended the trial. I went towards vaishu and held her hand.

Sidd : We have one more chance vaishu...I promise jameen aasman ek kr dunga but tumhe jail nhi jaane dunga.

She just gave a tight smile. I can understand...she is not in a state to talk right now. Just then Smita aunty came there.

Smita : V..vaishu..Mera baccha

They both had tears in their eyes and hugged each other tightly.

Vaishu : Mamma...I missed u so much mamma

Smita : I know baccha..shaant ho ja.

The constables came and made her wear handcuffs and took her away. Aunty tried stopping them but I held her. My heart pricked..but kuch time baad I swear they won't be able to even touch her..toh hathgadi to door ki baat.

SIDD'S POV ENDED.

VAISHU'S POV

They took me away from mamma. WHYY....ek pal ki khushi bhi bardaasht nhi inhe...kitne time baad mamma ko hug kar payi thi..pr nhi..aa gye beech me kabab me haddi.

They were taking me to the police jeep but suddenly out of nowhere the crowd gathered. Media all around.. logon ki awazein...reporters ke question..

Reporter 1 : Ms. Rao why you killed Your ex boyfriend?

Reporter 2 : Is this true that you killed him for revenge?

Reporter 3 : Kya apne isse pehle bhi kisi ki itni berehmi se hatya ki hai?

Person 1 : Iski to shakal pr hi murderer likh dena cahie

Meine aisa kya kr dia jo I have to face this much. Please god..help me. I'm not a criminal. Suddenly a stone hit my head and it started bleeding.

Police : Security tight kro...jaldi ise andar bethao jeep mein.

Suddenly...I heard something...a w..whistle. The s..same one I heard that night...this spooky tune..I remember this...but really can't recognize the song. That look he gave me passing through me. He..he is the murderer. I saw here and there but of no use...I didn't even saw his face.

I'm feeling hell uncomfortable here. Please god please ek baar to sunlo...vaise to itna sun rhe the kuch din pehle..ab kya hua...please send someone to hide me from this crowd. I want to cry but here I can't. I just want to hide from them. Just then someone came and put a jacket on me sidehugging me. At first I panicked but then I heard a voice which calmed me.

Abhi : Shh...it's me...Abhi. Shaant ho jao.

Thank you god...now I believe you are listening from up there. Abhi handled the crowd and took me in the police jeep.

Abhi : I want to have some conversation with her. You guys can follow from another car.

He told the other officers to come from another car. The jeep started. I was still in his jacket. I don't want to come out from this as if it's the only safe place for me right now.

Abhi : Calm down..it's only you and me right now. Two officers are in the front driving..they Can't see us. You are safe now. I can understand what you must be feeling right now. Cry jitna chahti ho... noone is here. Tum kahogi to me bhi apne kaan band kar lunga.

I just needed this...to be alone for sometime. Though Abhi is there..but it's not making me uncomfortable. I immediately hugged him tightly crying vigorously.....

TO BE CONTINUED

💗............................................................💗

Here's the next chapter of this mystery. Hope you guys liked it. Do vote and give your honest reviews in the comment section. See yaa in the next chapter. Till then bbye take care💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 3.2K 33
It's a sidneet story. just peep into know more...
55.1K 6K 44
Graphics credits: @mwahbitchkriti Three best friends since they were in diapers. They can give and take life for each other. There heart resides in e...
42.3K 6.4K 57
Can love be so weak that it can become weak just due to a misunderstanding? Due to that one misunderstanding, brother becomes the enemy of others. Th...
77.6K 8K 70
๐—” ๐—ต๐˜‚๐—ด ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด, ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜†! @thesiddharthnigam started following @avneetkaur_13 ...