Just for Now

Von MelanieGaleaz

Cole and Allison have been in love for as long as either of them could remember. They had gone from sandbox p... Mehr

Author's Note
Playlist
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Journal Entry - 1
Chapter Five
Journal Entry - 2
Chapter Six
Journal Entry - 3
Chapter Seven
Journal Entry - 4
Chapter Eight
Journal Entry - 5
Chapter Nine
Journal Entry - 6
Chapter Ten
Journal Entry - 7
Chapter Eleven
Journal Entry - 8
Chapter Twelve
Journal Entry - 9
Chapter Thirteen
Journal Entry - 10
Chapter Fourteen
Allison's Journal
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Journal Entry - 11

Epilogue

539 25 4
Von MelanieGaleaz

One Year and Eight Months Later

"Honey? You have the birthday boy?"

Cole shouted to his wife as he adjusted the balloons in their apartment. They decorated it from floor to ceiling with birthday decorations, and they had admittedly gone a bit overboard. The place was small, but this was just going to be his family and Alli's parents. They were having a bigger party the next weekend with some friends and extended family, which his mother had offered to host at their home.

Life was good. Really good. They put in the work to get to where they were. They were even stronger than they were before, which Cole didn't know was possible. They renewed their vows privately with just their family and closest friends. It was perfect. It felt like they were getting a chance to finally get things right with each other, and they weren't wasting a single moment of it.

"Dun, dun, dun!" Alli exclaimed enthusiastically as she ran into the room with the one-year old in her arms, "presenting... Willie!"

William Reece Alvarez.

Cole lit up at the sight of the two of them. Alli had their son in her arms, holding him out head first. She whooshed him around like a superhero and he giggled madly, smiling from ear to ear. Cole laughed, gawking in an exaggerated and animated manner.

He absolutely loved being a father. It was incredible. To have someone who had the best of him and the best of the love of his life was a surreal experience. Their son was just the light of their life. Raising him was something indescribable.

The best part was doing it with Alli. He couldn't picture tackling this with anyone else. Because while Willie was a wonderful baby, there were some hard days. He leaned onto Alli when he needed her, and she leaned onto him. It was a balancing act. They learned when to give and they learned when to take.

"Whoa!" Cole shouted happily, reaching over to take him from Alli. She passed him over, placing her hands on her hips with a tender smile on her face. "Look at you buddy!"

Willie gave an open mouth smile, clapping his hands together weakly. Cole bounced him gently before placing him in his high-top chair. He was wearing a matching outfit with Cole, which was carefully planned by Alli. They both wore white button-ups and blue shorts. Cole thought Willie looked even better than he did. Alli wore a denim blue dress that went to her knees, buttons trailing down the front. Cole reached for the puff snacks that their son loved, shaking the bottle to pour them onto the counter. Willie instantly went in on them, shoving them into his mouth.

Cole chuckled as he shuffled over to Alli, wrapping his arms around her from the back. Pressing a kiss against her forehead, they both took a moment to watch Willie. "I can't believe he's one."

"I know," Alli mused softly. "Feel like it was just yesterday I was on that damn table."

"Feels like just yesterday I had to get an x-ray cause I thought you broke my hand," Cole quipped pointedly with a smirk.

"Remind me who the baby in the room is?"

Cole chuckled, turning to sprinkle more puffs on the counter. Willie made incoherent noises as he ate, which Cole mimicked eagerly. Alli watched fondly, joining in on the noises being made. Willie lit up, waving his little arms around. They both followed his lead, something they often found themselves doing. Alli observed him carefully, pulling her lips in.

"You ever... think about having another?" Alli questioned, leaning against the counter.

Cole glanced at her. "Do you?"

Alli's gazed wandered to where Willie sat, letting out a soft laugh as their son shoveled the puffs into his mouth. "I mean, yeah. I didn't realize how much I'd love to be a Mom and how fun it would be until we had him. I feel like... I feel like we can do this again."

"Yeah?" Cole quipped with a smile. "I think so too."

Alli beamed at him, placing her hands on the side of Cole's face. She leaned up and pressed a kiss against his lips. Every time she kissed him, Cole just felt like that dazed kiss who just got kissed by the love of his life on the football field. Cole brought her in for a hug, sighing contently into her hair. He peered over her at Willie, making him giggle by pulling a funny face. He pictured another kid sitting up next to him, and felt a surge of happiness.

Cole chuckled to himself, murmuring into her hair, "I guess... I really gave you... the son."

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing."

Then his family barreled in.

And they never just entered a room, they torpedoed through it.

"There is something deeply wrong with you, Sam," Lila insulted as she burst through the door, a humongous wrapped gift in her hands.

"He's gonna love it!" Sam insisted, following her in.

Cole groaned once he saw what Sam was holding. It was a freaking drum set. If Cole thought there was no peace and quiet now, he was in for it. "Dude, of everything you could've gotten."

Charlie looked apologetic as he said, "I tried to tell him it wasn't a good idea."

"You chipped in!" Sam reminded his boyfriend.

"I told Sam he should do it when he asked," Ashton admitted unhelpfully as he trailed behind them, holding a box of his own. "I like when he makes a fool out of himself."

"This is why we're together," Lila quipped sweetly, giving Ashton a quick kiss on the lips.

"Happy birthday, Willie!" Lorena shouted as she and Matthew entered the apartment.

"Oh, yeah!" Lila exclaimed as if remembering what they were here for to begin with, pointing at the one-year old with a smile. "Happy birthday, Willie!"

Willie smiled, hands sprawled out on the counter. Sam tilted his head. "Still no full sentences?"

"He's barely said a word yet," Alli corrected incredulously.

Sam chuckled, leaning over the counter to Willie. "I'm gonna make your first word a swear, mark my words."

Lorena thumped the back of Sam's head.

"I take it back," Sam recited, hands in the air.

"Hello, everyone!" The group turned to see Scarlett standing there, a birthday bag in her hand. Cole couldn't even imagine what toys they all brought that they hadn't all already gotten Willie. They spoiled that kid rotten.

"Hey, Scar," Alli greeted, going to give her a hug.

Nate grinned as he walked in behind Scarlett, holding the two cakes that Scarlett had made. One was considered the "smash cake", the one Willie could mush up with his hands as he alway did. The other one was for them to actually eat. Nate nodded at Cole as he made his way over, "Hey, man. Happy Willie's birthday."

"Happy Willie's birthday," Cole repeated, clapping Nate on the back and taking one of the cakes.

Willie started making grabby hands at the cakes, his eyes wide and locked on the cakes in front of him. Alli laughed, placing her body in front of the cakes to block them from view. "Not yet, buddy."

His face scrunched slightly, indicating the start of a cry and Cole started to shake his head desperately. Matthew swooped in, picking up Willie instantly. Cole had really grown to become fond of Matthew over the years. He was great with Willie, surprisingly. He and Lorena babysat for them pretty often, and Cole and Alli were incredibly grateful. Willie adored them, and they had a knack for getting him out of his crying fits.

Alli's parents, Gideon and Selene, were a bit more reserved. They liked the Alvarez family, but Cole couldn't blame them for being startled by the family. They also took to babysitting often. Willie loved going to their place. They would surround him with toys, it was his dream. The two were currently sat at the kitchen island as Alli chatted with them happily. Matthew passed Willie to Scarlett when he saw Lorena walk over to Alli's parents, joining in on the conversation.

Scarlett sat down in the middle of their living room, showing Willie various toys they could play with. Willie gripped onto the first one he saw, waving it around and using it incorrectly but at least he was enjoying it. Cole sat down next to her, laying his forearms on his knees.

"You want something to drink?" Cole offered, nodding his head over to the liquor they got. "I can make you something."

"I'm good," Scarlett said tightly, and Cole gave her a sideways look. She stared at him carefully before darting her eyes back to Willie.

"Yeah?" Cole checked with a grin.

She nodded. "Mhm, all set."

Cole chuckled at her. God, she was horrible at hiding things. He offered her a gentle smile as he said, "Congrats."

Scarlett sighed, staring at him beseechingly. "Don't make it a big thing, we aren't gonna tell people for a few more weeks."

"Secrets safe with me," he assured her softly, turning his attention back to Willie. Sam and Lila sat down in the circle. Cole glanced over, seeing their boyfriends speaking with Nate about something. Nate glanced over every once in a while and Cole finally caught his eye. He nodded at him once with a grin and Nate gawked at him, as if able to tell what Cole was trying to say.

Cole was brought back to himself when Alli sat down next to him. He gave her an adoring smile as she took his hand into her own.

I love you, Cole mouthed to her.

Alli beamed at him, mouthing, I love you.

Cole watched his family with a fondness in his eyes and thought his Dad would be pretty damn proud of how they all turned out.

Everyone was together. Everyone was happy. Cole knew he couldn't control everything to come in life. They were all truly happy. He couldn't ask for much more than that.

And in this moment, just for now, all was well.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

6.9K 882 16
First love is hard enough. It's new and exciting and absolutely terrifying and maybe even unrequited. When it's difficult for Skyler to move on from...
104K 6.4K 44
(#1 in HEARTWRENCHING) She gave him a ride, and he gave her a million reasons to run him over with her car instead. *** Natalie Fisher (Natt) has hi...
28.2K 3.1K 50
Finding love is the easy part. Keeping it is another story. Catch up on the lives of Sam and Ali as they navigate their new life together in New Yor...
1.5K 180 24
When returning to Canada for a friend's wedding, a dive instructor must face her judgmental mother and her ex, whose heart she never wanted to break...