đĢ𝐞𝐠đĢ𝐞𝐭 đĻ𝐞 â€ĸ 𝐠đĸđĨđĻīŋŊ...

ΑĪ€ĪŒ mazzyriver

*sequel to cecilia* big life changes are happening in the gilmore's life's. how will cecilia handle it? will... ΠÎĩĪÎšĪƒĪƒĪŒĪ„ÎĩĪÎą

đĢ𝐞𝐠đĢ𝐞𝐭 đĻ𝐞
đĸ'đĻ đŦđĸ𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐞đĨđĨ𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐚đĸđŦđĸ𝐞đŦ
đĸ'đĻ đŦ𝐨đĢđĢ𝐲, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭?
đĻ𝐨đĻ'đŦ đĄđšđ¯đĸ𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐛đĢ𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐩𝐭.𝟏
announcement!!
đĻ𝐨đĻ'đŦ đĄđšđ¯đĸ𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐛đĢ𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐩𝐭.𝟐
𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞đĨ, đĸ'đĻ 𝐧𝐨𝐭 đĻ𝐚𝐝
random update!!
đĸ đĨ𝐨𝐨𝐤 đĨđĸ𝐤𝐞 𝐚 đŦ𝐭𝐮𝐩đĸ𝐝 𝐟𝐚đĸđĢ𝐲
𝐚 đĨ𝐮đĻ𝐛𝐞đĢđŖ𝐚𝐜𝐤 & 𝐚 đŦ𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐞đĢ 𝐛𝐨𝐲
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞đĢ
đĢđĸ𝐜𝐡𝐚đĢ𝐝 đĸ𝐧 đŦ𝐭𝐚đĢđŦ 𝐡𝐚đĨđĨ𝐨𝐰
𝐰𝐞'đĢ𝐞 đŖ𝐮đŦ𝐭 𝐟đĢđĸ𝐞𝐧𝐝đŦ
đĸ 𝐭𝐡đĸ𝐧𝐤 đĸ𝐭'đŦ 𝐛𝐞đŦ𝐭 đĸ𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 đĨđžđšđ¯đž
đĸ 𝐰đĸđŦ𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐮đĨ𝐝 𝐭đĢ𝐮đŦ𝐭 đĻ𝐞
𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐨𝐮đĨ𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮?
đĸ𝐭 𝐰𝐚đŦ 𝐚đĨđĨ 𝐚 đĨđĸ𝐞
a tough decision...

đŦ𝐡𝐞 đĨ𝐨𝐨𝐤đŦ đĨđĸ𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐟đĢ𝐞𝐚𝐤đĸ𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚đĢ𝐛đĸ𝐞

1.7K 47 9
ΑĪ€ĪŒ mazzyriver

song of the chapter: high and dry - radiohead

a/n: long chapter!

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

cecilia blows the loose hair out of her face as she leans on the counter, bored. it was dead in the diner, not a single person in there. cecilia was still upset after her fight with her mother, she honestly just didn't want to hear her mother nag about jess anymore.

"oh my god" she hears her mom say, bringing her out of her daze. cecilia sits up straight and looks at her mom and sister entering the diner.

"what?" rory asks her

"empty" lorelai says to her. cecilia laughs and grabs coffee mugs, so she can give them coffee.

"just one of those weird lulls, happens occasionally" luke says as he walks out of the back.

"ugh" lorelai says stunned.

"can we sit wherever we like?" rory asks luke. he nods his head.

"wherever you like" cecilia tells them.

"wow"

"such luxury i never dreamed of" lorelai thinks out loud. cecilia looks at her confused.

"i wouldn't consider it a luxury, but whatever floats your boat" cecilia mumbles. rory turns to look at her mom.

"where do you wanna sit?" rory asks her.

"i don't know. um, how bout this table with it's unobstructed westward view of the wide cosmopolitan expansive klump street?" lorelai suggests. rory lets out a hum.

"tempting. do you know that on a clear day you can see all the way to the garbage cans behind al's pancake world?" rory suggests. cecilia lets out a small smile and laughs at her mom and sister's conversation.

"hm. or we could sit in the corner - you know, the mafia table so that no one can come up behind you and whack you with a cannoli" lorelai tell her

"whack you with a cannoli?" rory questions

"because he left the gun and took the cannoli, rory" cecilia scoffs out. lorelai turns with a smile.

"you're so my daughter" she says. cecilia gives her a smile.

"aye aye aye" luke says. lorelai points at the counter.

"hey, let's sit at the counter" lorelai suggests. rory shakes her head

"nah, the counter, those are not the power seats" rory tells her mom

"yes, but with no one here we can sit at either end and play bagel hockey"

"oh, bagel hockey! oh boy!"

"wait i wanna play!"

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

cecilia walks down the hall with liz and norah, headed to class. they all walk inside of the class, sitting near each other. the teacher walks in and sets down large packets of papers. mrs. davidson turns to look at the class and sighs.

"oh no, big packets. please, i don't think i can do another project" norah leans in and whispers to the group. cecilia groans and tilts her head back. liz lets out a tiny laugh.

"i don't think i can do shakespeare anymore. i have never met a woman so obsessed with him" liz says to the group. the teacher grabs a handful of packets and begins passing them out. she reaches the group and sets them down. cecilia reads the headline on the paper.

the depths of childhood development: final project

cecilia turns to the group with a confused look on her face. they return the same look. mrs.davidson clears her throat causing the class to look up at her. cecilia leans back into her seat.

"now, i'm sure you all are confused. this isn't our typical assignment. anyways, i recently watched a movie and i was taken away by the backgrounds of the characters. both coming from completely different backgrounds, but remaining so close" she starts. cecilia starts playing with her rings.

"for this final project, i want you to dig deep. i will assign partners and you will spend time comparing childhoods. i want the good, the bad, the ugly. no holding back. on monday, you and your partner will present and talk about what you learned from this experience" she finishes. 

cecilia thought the bases of the project was a great idea. she just didn't know how well she was going to be able to open up to a random person in her class. the teacher begins to list off the the partners for the project.

"norah and liz" she says. the pair look at each other with a small smile. cecilia playfully pouts at them.

"cecilia and miles" she says. cecilia freezes in her seat, the pair look at her with wide eyes. she looks over at miles who has the same expression as she does. she sinks into her seat and covers her face.

"well, on the bright side. you and miles grew up together, so the project will be easier" liz say softly. cecilia nods slightly.

"i guess so"

after a while the bell rings, cecilia stands and starts getting her things together. she looks up and sees miles standing in front of her. she looks over to the girls.

"uh, you guys can go off without me. i'll meet you outside" she says with a soft smile. they nod and slowly walk out of the room. cecilia notices the weird glances between miles and liz.

"so uh, when is a good day for you to work on the project?" miles says, looking down at the floor. cecilia sighs lightly and looks around the room.

"uh, we can work on it for a little bit this afternoon. rory has some debate thing, but uh my dad and his new girlfriend are gonna be there, so i kinda want to avoid them" she tells him. he looks up at her with a raised eyebrow.

"your dad is gonna be in town? how are you-"

"i'm fine. uh, where do you want to work on the project?" she cuts him off quickly, she really doesn't want to get this personal with someone she hasn't hung out with in a while. he nods.

"uh, my house?"

"okay. i'll see you later. i'll call you"

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

cecilia stands in front of the house that she used to love. now it feels foreign to be there. she tightens her grip on her backup. she lets out a ragged breath and lifts her arm up to knock. she knocks on the door, waiting for a response. suddenly, the door opens.

"hey" miles breathes out. cecilia forces a small smile. she has mixed feelings about this situation, there are times where she misses miles and the friendship they once shared, but then again she was hurt by his words and his actions.

"hi. can i uh- can i come in?" she asks softly. he nods his head and moves so she has more room to come inside. she slowly walks in, keeping to herself. suddenly, she felt someone hug her from behind.

"bug! i've missed you!" daisy, miles's little sister, says. cecilia turns around and leans down to hug her.

"ah! didi, i've missed you too. god you have gotten so tall" cecilia says and stands up with a smile. 

"listen, didi, cecilia and i have to go work on a project. call us if you need anything, okay? mom should be home soon" he tells his sister who nods her head and rushes to go play with her toys. cecilia turns to look at miles.

"let's go to my room. i have some pictures my mom pulled out for us to look at" he tells her. she nods her head and begins to walk toward his room. the last time cecilia was in his room, he kissed her. so, she was a little nervous. she walks in and lets out a small smile.

"your room looks the exact same" she tells him. he laughs slightly and sits on his bed.

"you know i hate change, here sit" he says and pats a spot near him on the bed. cecilia puts her bag down and sits on the bed. miles takes out the packet and grabs the shoe box that is filled with memories of the two.

"so, it says we need to talk about our upbringing and how it affected us as we grew older. also, how we think our upbringing affects our friendship with other people" he reads the prompt. cecilia brings her knees to her chest and nods.

"well, you already know my upbringing. i already know yours, so that part is covered" she says and gets out her notebook and pencil, writing down the information she already knew about miles.

"we still have to answer the other question"

cecilia stops writing, but she doesn't dare look up from her notebook. of course, her teacher assigned them to have the most emotional project despite them not talking for months. she clears her throat and looks up at him.

"so uh-"

"we don't have to talk about it right now, cel"

she nods her head and rubs her hands on her thighs. she turns her head and looks at the box, she points towards it.

"wanna look through those?" she asks him. he smiles and nods his head.

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

laughter erupted between the pair as they now lay on miles's bed, looking at photos from their childhood. cecilia never realized how many photos miles's mom took during their childhood. apparently, a lot.

"god! you look so angry in this one" miles laughs as he picks up a photo of him and cel at a baseball game. miles looked happy, but not cecilia who had a grumpy look on her face. cecilia laughs and shakes her head.

"why was i so angry?" she smiles. suddenly a knock is heard and the pair look over and look at who enters the room. it was mile's mom. she smiles as she looks at the pair. she leans up against the door frame.

"it's nice to hear laughter in this room. sounds like you guys are kids again"  she tells them sweetly. she pulls something behind her back and cecilia notices it's a camera. miles and her look at each other, deciding to make a funny face.

the flash goes off and his mom laughs at the pair. she shakes her head and she leaves the room. his mom always was about capturing memories, cecilia never understood why until she got older.

the pair look forward, deciding to still look at photos. cecilia pulls out a photo of cecilia and miles on the stairs in front of their elementary school, miles was zipping up her jacket before they walked in. cecilia smile flatters.

she remembers that day, she was upset all morning cause her dad didn't come to her first day of kindergarten to drop them off. she remembers the rest of the students had their dad there, but hers was nowhere to be seen. miles grabs the photo from her.

"i remember that morning. i wanted to do everything in my power to make sure you weren't upset, i wanted you to have fun" he tells her. she turns her head, resting it in her hand.

"yeah, i remember that too. i was so upset about my dad and the older I got, the more i realized how shitty of a father he is. he was always in and out of rory and i's life. this is going to sound so bad-" she starts, but laughs.

"i was always so jealous that you got to have a father in your life. well, one that wanted to be in your life" she tells him. he stares at her for a bit.

"but you didn't need him, cel. look at the strong person you became cause of it. you're so independent and you don't take people's shit" he says. cecilia wipes a tear that rolls down her face.

"but i did need him though. i just learned how to cope without him" she says. miles gives her a soft smile and looks around the room. he gets up and picks up a movie, not just any. friday the 13th. she laughs.

"now, from what i can remember. you loved this movie since it was so cheesy and you watch cheesy horror movies when you are upset. go some time to spare?" he asks her. she nods with a smile. he pops in the movie and jumps back on the bed.

the pair watched the movie, cecilia couldn't help but feel happy. shes missed this, the movie marathons, the emotional talks, etc. miles has been there for her in the hardest times in her life. cecilia really wants to repair the friendship, but what will ethan think?

"i've really missed this, bug" he says. cecilia smiles at the nickname. god, she missed that name.

"i've missed this too, miles"

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

cecilia walks into the house and closes the door. she sets her bag down and she takes off her shoes. she sighs and begins to walk into the living room.

"mom! rory! i'm- dad" she stops in her tracks when she sees her dad and the woman she presumes to be sherry standing in the living room. he turns to her with a smile.

"cecilia! hey, this is sherry. sherry, this is my youngest daughter cecilia" he says to his girlfriend. cecilia gives them a tight smile.

"sherry, from the christmas card" she says. her dad laughs and nods. lorelai walks into the living room and looks at her daughter, who has an unreadable expression on her face.

"hi, cecilia. it's wonderful to meet you. your dad has told me so much about you" she says softly. cecilia nods.

"ah, i'm sure he has" cecilia says with a sarcastic undertone. lorelai walks next to her daughter and wraps an arm around her shoulder. cecilia looks up at her mom with a smile.

"cel, can you help me in the kitchen real quick? rory's changing" lorelai says and cecilia nods, following her mom into the kitchen. once they enter, her mom looks at her with wide eyes.

"she looks like a freaking barbie. does ken know she is cheating on him?" cecilia whisper shouts. her mom shakes her head.

"if i had enough time i would have warned you that they were coming, but happened all so quick" lorelai tells her. cecilia sighs, but nods. rory walk out of her room wearing a sweater and jeans.

"how do you feel about malibu barbie in there?" cecilia asks her. rory crosses her arms and shrugs her shoulders. lorelai and rory walk back into the living room. cecilia stands alone and she runs her hands over her face. it's time to face the music. 

"you know, I went to private school too" she hears sherry say to her sister as she walks back into the living room. cecilia talks a seat in one of the chairs.

"really?"

"except that our colors were white and bright red. i looked hideous" sherry dismisses. cecilia uses her hand to cover the smirk on her face.

"oh, she's being self-deprecating. you looked cute in that outfit" christopher tells her. cecilia lightly cringes, she looks over to her mom who had a smile on face due to cecilia's reactions.

"no no, i looked like a peppermint stick. i swear, that's where my addiction to clothes comes from. trying to make up for all the years of having to wear the same thing everyday"

"yeah, i can understand that"

"well, we should go shopping sometime for clothes or whatever" sherry suggests. she looks over to cecilia, in which she gives a small nod in return.

"yeah, we could do that" rory smiles.

"soon, okay?"

"sure" the twins say. sherry lets out an amused giggle. lorelai claps her hand, bringing the attention towards her.

"hey, drinks. who wants something to drink? i've got water, soda. . ." she lists.

"uh, just water for me"

"me too" 

"oh, making it easy, i love it" lorelai cheers and she begins to walk to the kitchen.

"i'll help you" sherry offers.

"oh, no, uh, well, okay. sherry, you don't have to help me" lorelai tells her. sherry shakes her head and begins to walk near lorelai.

"no, I want to" sherry smiles

"great" lorelai says and they both walk into the kitchen. cecilia begins to shuffle in her seat, now feeling uncomfortable. christopher lightly clears his throat. cecilia looks at him with a questioning glance.

"so, girls. what do you think of her?" he asks them. cecilia's lips form a tight line. she slowly nodded her head. rory looks at her younger sister and they both share a knowing glance. christopher sits up in his seat and points towards the twins.

"i hate that. th-that twin thing you do. looking at each other and knowing what the others means without having to say it out loud. girls, please, be honest" christopher tells them. cecilia and rory look at each other and sigh.

"she's nice, dad. real nice" rory starts. cecilia nods and points toward her sister.

"y-yeah and she has the same name after that song by the four seasons" cecilia smiles nervously. christopher smiles and rubs his hands together.

"oh she loves that song!" he mentions. cecilia lets out a sarcastic smile.

"i'm sure she does" she says sarcastically. sherry comes out from the kitchen holding two glasses.

"she found apple juice" sherry says and sits down. suddenly, the phone begins to ring.

"rory, can you get that?" lorelai yells out from the kitchen. rory turns and looks at her sister with a confused look. cecilia shrugs her shoulders and points her head toward the phone. rory gets up and answers the phone. rory listens to the person talk and turns to cecilia.

"hey, ethan! listen we have company right now" rory says with wide eyes. cecilia stands up and rushes to the phone. why is he calling right now?"

ethan hey! is everything okay?

i'm still in the kitchen. um, listen, i just wanted to tell you that sherry just asked me if she could go out with you and rory tonight just the three of you, and she sort of trapped me into saying that i could get you both out of the friday night dinner, which she knew all about. but i told her she had to run it past you first, so i can still get you out of it. although, it might be a good idea to get a sherry night out of the way because it seems kind of inevitable. so if you're okay going with her, just say, um, sorry ethan, we've got company, i have to call you back.'

"sorry ethan, we've got company, i have to call you back" cecilia says into the phone and hangs up. as much as cecilia doesn't want too, she wants to give sherry a fair chance. it's only right. cecilia flashes out a small smile and walks back to her seat.

"how is ethan, cel?" christopher asks her. she slightly rolls her eyes, remembering the last thing he said about her boyfriend. she smiles at her dad.

"he's good! uh just trying to balance work and school" she tells him. christopher nods his head. sherry looks at cecilia with a raised eyebrow.

"who's ethan?" she asks. 

"oh, he's my boyfriend" she tells her. sherry smiles.

"do you have a picture?" sherry asks. cecilia liked how interested sherry is in her life. cecilia smiles and goes to grab a picture frame near the kitchen. she hands it to her.

sherry smiles wide at the picture and hands it back to her. christopher looks at the photo and a weird look overcomes his face. cecilia just brushes it off and puts the picture back.

"rory, cecilia, can I run something by you?" she asks them.

"oh sure"

"yeah"

"your dad and I are around for another night, and he's totally sick of me" sherry starts before christopher interrupts her.

"not true"

"anyhow, i was wondering if you wanted to do something with me tonight, just the three of us" sherry finishes.

"oh, sure, that would be nice" rory says. cecilia smiles and nods her head.

"really?" sherry cheers.

"yeah. i mean, um, if it's okay with my mom because we do have a grandma/grandpa dinner tonight" cecilia says and turns to her mom. lorelai shrugs her shoulders.

"it's fine by me" lorelai says. sherry smiles.

"great. oh, of course this does leave you a sad little orphan" sherry says and she turns to face christopher

"oh, that's okay. i'll have one of my patented white castle bachelor dinners" christopher smiles.

"or you can come with me tonight. uh, if you want" lorelai suggests. christopher looks up at lorelai. cecilia looks at her mom with a raised eyebrow.

"to your parents?" he questions. lorelai nods and runs her hands down her thigh.

"yeah, cause with rory and cecilia not there i might need a hostage" lorelai tells her. sherry encourages it and he eventually agrees. sherry looks at the twin sisters and looks at cecilia confused.

"so, how, uh, how did the names cecilia and rory come about?" she asks. christopher and lorelai look at each other, not knowing how to explain it. cecilia chuckles and points to rory.

"mom was high from the drugs" she says and then points to herself.

"simon & garfunkel song. thanks dad"

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

cecilia sits in the living room, waiting for sherry to come by and pick them up. rory rushes into the living room, still getting stuff together. lorelai walks in.

"honey, hurry, they said six" lorelai tells rory. she turns and looks at her mom, letting out a sigh.

"yeah, but it's six dad time, so it's more like six-thirty" rory tries to reason. cecilia shakes her head.

"but dad time is now linked to sherry time and that sherry seems awfully punctual" cecilia tells her. rory huffs out in annoyance.

"that is so annoying" she says. the phone rings and rory rushes to answer it. rory turns to cecilia with wide eyes. cecilia gives her a confused look in return.

"it's miles" she says. cecilia sighs and stands up, going to answer the phone. rory hands her the phone, not leaving her side, wondering why miles is calling her sister.

hello?
what's up, bug?
ah, nothing much. currently waiting on my dad's girlfriend to come pick us up to go shopping
oh?
yup, i have to hang with my future stepmommy. she looks like a freaking barbie
i take that the meeting didn't go so well
oh no, it went fine. just gotta give her a hard time
that's what you do best
sure do
listen, i'll let you go
okay, bye miles
bye bug

cecilia hangs up the phone and turns around to find her sister and her mom looking at her with wide eyes.

"long story" she says. rory and lorelai just shrug their shoulders. suddenly, a knock is heard on the door.

"hey, can we come in?" christopher calls out as the pair enter the house.

"yeah, come on in. hey" lorelai says as the pair walk into the living room. sherry looks at the twins with a smile.

"you guys look great" she tells them. cecilia was wearing white tank top that was tucked into her mom jeans, combat boots and one of ethan's flannels.

"oh, thanks, you too" cecilia tells her.

"you ready to go?" sherry asks them.

"all set"

"yep"

"okay, so we won't be too late, probably around ten" sherry informs the twins mother.

"okay, well, if you wanna grab a drink after the movie, cecilia's got the list of places that serve minors" lorelai jokes.

"nah, i got a flask in my purse" cecilia says and points to rory.

"oh, that's right i have the list" rory says. cecilia nods.

"don't lose it either. i worked hard on that list. do you know how many tequila sunrises i had to drink?"

"ooh"

"okay, i'm gonna have to drink a lot of coffee to keep up with you two" sherry says with a laugh.

"damn, our secret's been revealed" lorelai jokes. christopher and sherry say their goodbyes, along with lorelai and the twins. they continue to head out the door.

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

rory and cecilia walk into luke's diner the morning after their night with sherry. she didn't seem like a bad person, she is just some cecilia was gonna have to get used to being in her life. they both see their mother.

"you order?" rory asks her as the pair sit at the table.

"oh, just coffee. god, i must've been sound asleep when you guys got home last night" lorelai exaggerates. cecilia lightly laughs.

"you were snoring like a buzz saw" cecilia tells her.

"i believe that's defined as a superfluous comment" lorelai jokes.

"yes, you were sound asleep" rory tells her. lorelai leans on the table, arms crossed with a big smile. cecilia looks at her with a raised eyebrow.

"so, i'm dying to hear about your night with sherry. how was it? give it to me, a to z, beginning to end, soup to nuts" lorelai urges. rory and cecilia look at each other, cel shrugs her shoulder.

"well, she is what she seems" rory tells her. lorelai drops her shoulders and turns to cecilia with a "help me" look

"details please" lorelai asks. cecilia sighs and tucks some of her hair behind her ear.

"she's a very cautious driver. she doesn't roll through stop signs, doesn't speed, she always signals before she turns" cecilia lists. lorelai nods.

"hm. commendable, but not the person i want driving our getaway car" lorelai says. rory turns her head to face her mom, a confused look crosses her face.

"what are we robbing?" she asks. lorelai points at her.

"sephora. we had it all planned out" she says.

"slipped my mind"

"what's her music taste?" lorelai asks as she turns to look at cecilia.

"big bruce springsteen fan. seen him like twenty times" she informs her mother. lorelai raises her eyebrow.

"blue collar roots or is she just slumming?" lorelai questions.

"oh, her father owned a shoe store and her mom taught kindergarten" rory tells her. lorelai leans back into her seat, slowly nodding.

"wow, you guys really got into some details" lorelai mentions. cecilia and rory both nod.

"she was definitely in bonding mode" cecilia says as she crosses her arms, leaning back into her seat.

"what else, what else?" lorelai urges.

"she's very touchy-feely. hand on the shoulder, lots of hugs" rory mentions. cecilia lets out a hum and lightly hits rory's arm.

"dude, i counted she hugged me like 5 or 6 times last night"

"she didn't try to get fresh, did she?"

"gross!" the twins turned to their mother with a disgusted face.

"go on"

"um, she's had one prior serious relationship in her life" rory says. lorelai begins to smile wide.

"finally, the juicy stuff"

"and it lasted eleven years" cecilia mentions. lorelai opens her mouth in shock.

"eleven years? and she never got married?" lorelai asks. rory shrugs her shoulder.

"she said she never thought about it with her career and all, but now she's thinking about it more and more" rory explains.

"tick tock, tick tock" lorelai mocks.

"and the past couple of years she hasn't even dated anyone unless she thought that for sure it could be a lasting relationship, and she's got some specific goals now concerning children" cecilia says with a sarcastic smile.

"oh, here we go"

"she wants at least two, and before she met dad she was seriously considering single parenthood"

"that's wanting kids"

"that's about it"

"yeah?"

"oh, she works for loreal"

"hm, i heard that"

"i'm tapped. how was your night?" rory sighs out.

"oh, well, fine. just took mom a whole five minutes before she self-combusted and left the room in tears" lorelai explains. cecilia and rory look at her confused.

"what?"

"she freaked out that you both were with sherry, can you believe that?" lorelai expresses.

"she freaked?" 

"totally. she kept calling her that woman'." lorelai tells them. cecilia lightly laughs

"well, what did she think, that you were gonna come home and find a rabbit boiling on the stove?" cecilia jokes.

"no, it had to do with her and christopher and . . . anyway, eventually she came down and had a pouty dinner" lorelai finishes the story

"so it ended up okay?" rory asks

"for the most part"

"is she mad at me?" rory asks.

"no, the angel child, never" lorelai tells her. 

"told you i'm not the angel child" cecilia tells rory who just rolls her eyes in response. luke walks up to the table.

"here you go" he tells them and sets down their cups of coffee. they all tell him thank you and he walks off. lorelai turns toward the girls.

"so, um, I wanna ask you guys something" she starts. cecilia takes a sip of her coffee.

"ask" rory answers for them.

"when you've thought about me and your dad what have you guys been thinking all these years?" lorelai asks. cecilia looks at her mom with wide eyes and slowly puts her cup of coffee down.

"um, what do you mean?" cecilia asks.

"i mean, did you ever picture us potentially together, like we are family' together?"

"well, not really" rory says honestly. cecilia nods.

"but sort of, it crossed your mind?" lorelai pushes. cecilia plays with her rings.

"i feel like i'm on the ricki lake show" cecilia thinks out loud.

"go cecilia, go cecilia"

"well, i'll admit that i have pictured the three of us living together at various times, but in the way that all kids picture their estranged parents living together or the way they should be together, but it's stupid" rory says. cecilia shakes her head.

"it's not stupid" cecilia tells rory. rory lightly smiles at her sister.

"yeah, i've pictured it" cecilia says plainly.

"hm"

"but i also pictured you with pee-wee herman"

"wow"

"yeah. we lived in his playhouse and we'd be talking to chairy and captain carl would be walking by" rory finishes her story. cecilia lightly shakes her head and laugh.

"fun!" lorelai laughs out.

"i've always envisioned you with james hetfield. i don't know why, i guess opposites attract" cecilia says. the table remained silent and lorelai looks up at her daughters.

"so should it have been me?" she asks. cecilia looks up at her mom with wide eyes. why just came out of her mouth? please, not this again. cecilia looks down at her wrist.

"wow look at the time. gotta go" she says and rushes out of the diner.

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

cecilia plops onto her bed with a sigh. she lays on there a little bit, she had said goodbye to her dad and sherry. she had decided she wanted to stay at home most of the day, due to the conversation that took place at the diner.

cecilia doesn't find it fair that once her father is in a happy, healthy relationship is when her mother decides to change her mind. only a couple months prior, lorelai said no to him when he tried to fix the relationship. suddenly, the phone rings. she sighs and rolls over to answer it.

hello?
hey angel
hey! how are you doing? i haven't talked to you much this weekend
well, i knew your dad was in town, figured i would back off and let you do your own thing
thanks for that. i met my dad's girlfriend. she seems okay, still getting used to her
oh? what's her name?
sherry
like the four seasons song?
that's what i said!

cecilia felt a pang in her chest, she felt it was only right for her to tell ethan that she is rekindling her friendship with miles. of course, it's going to be little by little, but he has a right to know.

so i wanted to talk to you
fire away
so, in english i have to do this project and we were assigned partners. miles is my partner
oh, well angel. that's school, it's not like i'll get mad
right, but him and i got to talking and i realized how much i miss our friendship
oh
i'm not immediately becoming best friends with him again. he has to earn my trust back

silence is heard over the phone. cecilia starts to become nervous. she hears ethan sigh through the phone.

well, angel. you are a big girl and i can't make your decisions for you

cecilia sat in shock at the attitude he gave her. she slightly shakes her head.

listen, i gotta go
oh okay. well, uh bye, i lov-

the phone lines goes dead. she takes the phone away from her ear and she stares down at it. she scoffs and puts it down. she tries to make people happy, but hurts more in the process.

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

a/n: sorry for the late post! 

anyways, i have a question for you all! so, for this series i thought about doing a book per season, or would you like for me to combine season 2 and 3 into one book? 

i also thought of making a twitter, so i can update you all on the book/books. thoughts? 

anyways, i hope you enjoyed the chapter! i would love feedback! 

thank you for reading! 

~e

ÎŖĪ…ÎŊέĪ‡ÎĩΚι ΑÎŊÎŦÎŗÎŊĪ‰ĪƒÎˇĪ‚

Θι ĪƒÎąĪ‚ ÎąĪÎ­ĪƒÎĩΚ ÎĩĪ€Î¯ĪƒÎˇĪ‚

6.4K 439 70
When Rory graduates from Chilton and starts her college life at Yale, she is going to encounter a few unexpected obstacles. Her high school nemesis i...
328K 7.5K 29
Delilah Gilmore, the forgotten twin. Delilah knows exactly what it's like to be pawned off on an unwitting family member. Tyler Masonis, on the othe...
75.3K 3K 56
the thing with fairytales is that they always have a happy ending shelley st james had left behind stars hollow in search of something that small tow...
723 58 40
Sequel to Forgotten "I try to convince myself I no longer care about you but, I always find myself thinking about you. But like why do you care" I sa...