𝑺𝑨𝑽𝑬 𝒀𝑶𝑼

By tinnymoods

⇢ ˗ˏˋ "How many tattoos do you have Hakeem?" In which a 22 year old medical student, who's life isn't w... More

𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕣
𝕊𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕐𝕠𝕦 ℂ𝕒𝕤𝕥
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟𝕖
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕠
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕖𝕟
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕆𝕟𝕖

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕚𝕩

1.7K 104 16
By tinnymoods

I sat in the bath trying to take my mind off of the world. But I couldn't seem to do that even if I wanted to my mind kept panning back to Hakeem, that whole situation was a blur.

It happened so fast I could barely comprehend.

I hope he doesn't do anything stupid.

My thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of my phone. I huff in frustration, grabbing it I look at the caller id. All I wanted was some peace and quiet even if it was only for a few minutes.

I roll my eyes and answer the phone putting it on speaker. "Hello?"

"Ah Jayce, I meant to call you yesterday but it's been crazy." My boss answers.

"Did something happen Mr. Jones?"

"The patient went into a cardiac arrest around 5am yesterday morning, so we've cancelled the operation." He disclosed.

"Oh— um is the patient ok?" I was baffled, and a little saddened but deep down I felt a sense of relief that it was canceled.

"Unfortunately he didn't make it, the paramedics were too late."

I sat in silence absorbing the new information that was just said.

"Well if you have nothing else to say of this matter, I have work to attend to." He verbalized.

"Um, ok." As soon as I said that he disconnected the call.

For once I felt at ease. No more controlling behavior and no more surgery. Don't get me wrong I feel bad but if I was in the operating room, I probably would've made things worse.

Definitely would've made things worse.

<Friday>

It's been about a week since the whole showdown, and to say the least I kind of felt like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm not going to lie I did have my moments where I felt like crawling back to them.

But nonetheless I felt less pressure, like all eyes weren't on me for once.

"Ok Ms. Ellis I've finish taking your vitals and everything seems to look great. You heal really fast, I think in no time you'll be out of here." I give her my best fake gummy smile.

"Thank you hon. By the way do you know when you think I'll be discharged?" The woman questions me as she laid on the hospital.

"Um, I'm not sure when you'll be discharged. But by the looks of it I think you'll be out of here by tomorrow night if I'm honest." I skim through the clipboard.

"Ok thank you that's all I wanted to know."

I nod my head. "No problem, have a good night." I walk out of the room, I let out a big exhale dropping my friendly exterior.

It was the end of my shift, and I was happy all I wanted to do was go home and relax. And maybe watch a little bit of Supernatural.

I've finished all of my assignments that are due in a few days, now I get to have at least a day all to myself. Until I have to come back to this hell hole.

Once I make it to my shared office, I gather my things before rushing out of the room.

"Have a good rest of your night hon!" Donna smiles at me before returning her gaze back at her computer.

"You too." I said walking out of the building.

When I make it home I sigh in satisfaction taking off my shoes. I plop down onto the couch closing my eyes. I was so tired, it's been work, work, work nonstop.

It wasn't even just work, it was getting assignments in too. Along with taking care of my teenage brother everything was to much for me.

Ever since I was disowned I've been debating on if I should drop all of this medical schooling and pursue culinary school. After all it was what I wanted to do before being shoved into this field.

But then again I don't know if I really want to start over. That's the laziness talking, if I really want to do my own thing then I need to trust myself and the process.

A light tap echoed throughout the quiet room causing me to open my eyes I glance at the staircase when I hear gliding of slippers hit the ground.

"I didn't think you were still up." I look at Luca tiredly, but all of that washes away when I see tears staining his face.

"W-What's wrong." I question him standing up from the couch. "Did something happen?"

When he didn't respond I grew more concerned. He walk towards me and sits on the couch, I eye him as confusion was written all over my face.

Sighing, I sit down beside him and he leans his head onto my shoulder. We sat in awkward silence I wanted to continue asking what was wrong until he told me— but that felt wrong.

If he wants to tell me then he'll tell me... When he feels the time is right that is.

"Look, I don't know what's going on. It's okay if you don't want to tell me... Just know I'll always have your back no matter what." I softly smile at him.

When he didn't respond I just kind of left it at that. I didn't want to make things any more awkward for him or me. But thankfully that awkwardness was disturbed by the ringing of my phone.

I quickly pick it up and put it on speaker without really paying attention to the caller id.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey Jace, wanna come over? I'm inviting my friends over since my brother has all his friends over."

"Jace?" I look down at my phone in confusion.

"Yeah, that's your new nickname. Anyways you tryna come over?" She questions over the phone.

I sigh. "Uh, I don't know—"

"We should go." Luca intervenes. I knit my eyebrows turning my head looking at him confused.

"We?"

He looks away from me as if he was thinking about something. "Yeah... I just want to take my mind off... Things."

My eyes soften I let out a big exhale looking at my phone, I give in ignoring my sleepiness. "Fine, I'll be there. Can my brother come though?"

Anything for my brother right?

"Yes! He can come over." She answers cheering.

I didn't trust this one bit my gut was telling me not to go but I still chose to ignore it and bring him with me.

<Time Skip>

I knock on the door looking around sucking in a sharp breath. Luca stood behind me his eyes locked onto the ground.

I don't know why I agreed to letting him come. First off I don't know who's going to be here besides Tiana, and Hakeem.

And second I haven't seen or talked to Hakeem since that little showdown, so I just know it's going to be super awkward being in his presence.

Not even ten seconds later the door opens. I look up and see Hakeem with a blunt in between his lips. My eyes slowly travel down his shirtless figure, and I blink a few times mesmerized.

He was slim but muscular and his sweatpants hung dangerously low on his hips. Tattoos littered his arms and chest, my eyes trace over every curve and crevice of his upper body.

"Tiana huh?"

My eyes quickly dart up to his, and I gulp.

What am I doing?

One minute he intimidates me to the core, and the next he makes me feel things I've never felt before and it's honestly scary.

But when he spoke I could barely here what he said the music was playing super loud in the background, as well as the sound of yelling. It almost gave me a headache.

"Um, y-yeah..." I stutter before breaking eye contact first. I already felt weird in his presence and it hasn't even been a minute.

"She's in her room." He moves out the way letting me and my brother into the house. I scrunch my face up irritated by the smell of weed and alcohol hitting me at once.

My arm accidentally brushes against his stomach, and instantly a chill rushes up my spine from contact.

Feeling his eyes burn into the top of my head, I look up before breaking it as soon as I saw his intense stare. I speed walk away making a sharp left down the hall knocking on Tiana's bedroom door.

From the corner of my eye I see him walk past the hallway. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

I jump in fear feeling a hand on my shoulder only to realize it was just my brother.

"Are you good?" He whispers with a look of concern written all over his face.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm—" Before I could say anything the door opens and Tiana opens her door with a big smile showing her pearly whites.

"Finally I was starting to think you wasn't coming." She pulls me into a hug before letting us into her room shutting the door behind us.

I look around the room, her led lights were set to an intense pink and there were three other girls in the room besides Tiana.

"This your brother?" Tiana walks past us sitting on her bed.

"Yeah." I nod my head.

"He kinda fine ain't he?"

"Right—"

"He's 16." I intervene before any of Tiana's friends say anything else.

One of the girls scoff, I look over at the girl that was sitting in a desk chair and I knit my eyebrows. She glares at me and I stare at her with a blank look.

I guess Tiana could sense something in the air because she laughs making me look at her. "Jace, don't mind them they just high."

Yeah high or not, still not an excuse.

When she sees I don't let up she pats the spot next to her smiling. "C'mon take a puff it'll ease your mind I promise."

Usually I would say no to things like this but I couldn't seem to do it this time. It was probably my body telling me to let loose and live a little.

But the last time I tried to live a little I almost went to jail... On my 21st birthday. I guess that's what I get for hanging around the wrong crowd. That I didn't choose of course.

Just glad I don't have to deal with them anymore for the sake of my parents. Or now should I say strangers?

Sighing I sit next to her and she hands me the blunt that was in her hand. I take it looking at the neatly rolled swisher, before putting the end of it between my lips.

She lights it up and I take a long drag from it, making me cough up a storm. She pats my back and I shook my head in disbelief.

Right then and there I knew I was gonna be in for a long night.

I just wanna go home.

____________________

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry y'all, I've been
super busy school and other things and that's been kicking my ass fr.😭

Like the semester just started and I already wanna give up, like dead ass.😞

But anyways I'm back now I can't guarantee updates will be every week but I can promise you they won't be every month like they usually been.

But yeah what's y'all thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 5.5K 75
Marc Williams started having some financial problems after his dad's job was cut short, he decided to get a part time job where someone gives him a l...
2.7K 208 17
"When something terrible happens to someone, everyone feels sorry for you at first, they take your hand and cry fake tears and say how 'special' you...
5.3K 358 16
Azriel, a humble, quiet, hard working, and innocent man. Chuck, a total playboy, rich, popular, and kind? Two totally different worlds living in the...
109K 7.6K 55
Growing up in chaos isn't simple for all. Not many could cope. They would struggle and kick, but ultimately drown. However, for Dakota, that was his...