Ash Ketchum: Johto Journey

By AtharvaMishra0

After winning the Orange League, Ash Ketchum and his friends are now exploring the Johto Region to compete in... More

Pitstop At the Larvi nest

Don't Touch That 'dile

306 7 0
By AtharvaMishra0

Once again Ash and his friends have left Pallet Town behind them, their sights on a new goal.

Now they're headed to New Bark Town, where Ash can register for the Johto League.

At the moment, the gang was walking through the forest with a mist covering most of the area.

Pikachu looked up and sighed, "Pika Pikachu? (Ash, doesn't that branch look familiar?)" he asked, pointing towards a branch.

Ash looked up and noticed it as well, he sighed, "I say we've been going around in circles." he groaned.

"What!" Misty whined, "You gotta be kidding me!"

"The problem is that this fog is so thick that we can't even see the direction we're headed." Brock rubbed his forehead.

Ash perked up at a sound and a presence that he felt, "What was that?" he muttered.

Suddenly Togepi hopped out of Misty arms and Pikachu jumped off Ash's shoulder to follow after him and Eevee joined them. Then they ran off in a direction.

"Togepi!"

"Pikachu!Eevee!"

The three followed after the three Pokémon and they stopped when they saw a beautiful, glowing Pokémon figure in the middle of the lake.

Ash recognized the Pokémon, 'Suicune.' he thought with awe.

"Wow look at that." Misty awed.

Suddenly the mysterious Pokémon noticed the gang's presence and then ran off.

"What Pokémon was that?" Brock asked.

"Suicune, one of the Three Legendary Beasts created by Ho-oh itself." Ash explained.

Brock noticed that the mist was clearing up, "Check it out. The mist is clearing up." he announced.

"You're right, Brock." Misty said.

"We should keep going in case the mist comes back." Ash suggested.

===========

The gang walked more and more, until at they finally came to a sign.

"This sign says 'New Bark Town." Brock said, "This way to the town where the winds of new beginnings blow."

"So that means we're finally here." Ash stated.

The gang took a good look at New Bark Town.

"What a nice town." Misty complimented.

"Okay let's head to the Pokémon center and then we'll go see Prof. Elm." Ash decided.

"Good idea." Brock agreed.

==========

When they came into the Pokémon Center, they noticed that Nurse Joy wasn't there.

"Chansey! (Welcome!)" A Chansey greeted them.

"Chansey?" Misty asked. 

"Where's Nurse Joy?" Brock asked.

Chansey smiled at them and pressed a large orange button in front of the desk, "Chansey." She said.

"[Welcome all trainers, I'm Nurse Joy.]" New Bark Town Nurse Joy greeted them,

"[I'm over at the Elm's Laboratory right now and I'm sorry not being able to help you, but I'll be back at the Pokémon Centre no later than two o'clock this afternoon.]" Nurse Joy continued.

"Two? But..." Ash looked at the clock in the Pokémon Centre, "It's already three-thirty." he said.

"Might as well sit down." Misty sat down on one of the benches.

"Do you think something might have happened at the lab?" Brock pondered.

"Maybe we should head over there." Ash suggested.

"Great idea." Brock agreed.

=================

When they got to the lab, there were police cars and Officer Jenny was checking the lab.

"I wonder what's going on here." Misty pondered.

The gang ran up to Officer Jenny.

"What's going on, Officer Jenny?" Ash asked.

"Some thieves broke into Prof Elm's lab." Officer Jenny replied.

The gang gasped at that.

"Officer Jenny, can we please go inside? We do need to see Prof. Elm." Ash requested.

"Well, you can go in if you need to see him." Officer Jenny allowed.

"Thank you." Ash thanked her and then he and the others headed into the lab.

=============

The gang finally arrived inside the lab. Ash noticed Prof. Elm who was sitting near a very angry Nurse Joy. Even though Prof. Elm was a researcher, he looked more like a scientist.

"Excuse me, Prof. Elm?" Ash asked.

Prof. Elm and Nurse Joy turned to the gang.

"Oh yes, I am. Who are you?" Prof. Elm asked.

"I'm Ash Ketchum. You met my Mom and I once. Professor Delia?" Ash said.

"Oh yes! I remember! You and your Mom came here to study a little on Johto Region Pokémon." Prof. Elm realized.

"I'm glad you remembered." Ash smiled.

"I don't mean to be rude, but could you tell us what happened here?" Ash asked.

"It's all my fault." Prof. Elm admitted.

"What's all your fault?" Ash asked.

"I was doing some research and didn't realize what was happening in my lab, until Nurse Joy came up." Prof. Elm stated.

"Has something happened here, Nurse Joy?" Misty asked.

"Yes, something has happened," Nurse Joy replied, "a Pokémon was stolen from here."

"A stolen Pokémon?!" The group gasped.

=============

Everyone outside at a stage near the lab.

Officer Jenny explained everything. "The Pokémon that the thieves took was a starter Pokémon, which was supposed to be given to a new trainer tomorrow." she said.

"I do hope that Totodile is okay." Nurse Joy prayed.

"Totodile is one of Johto's starter Pokémon, right?" Ash asked.

"That's correct. You see, I'm supposed to give this Totodile and this Cyndaquil to two new Pokémon trainers tomorrow." Professor Elm explained and in his arm is the Johto Region Fire Starter.

The gang noticed the Pokémon in Professor Elm's arms.

"Cute~ It's a Cyndaquil." Ash smiled.

"Cynda Cynda Cynda!" The Pokémon back was blazing in flames all the sudden.

Professor Elm held the Pokémon away from himself, "Don't be alarmed, this is normal behavior." He stated.

"Pika." Pikachu smiled.

"Toga toga." Togepi smiled

"Eevee" Eevee smiled.

"Maybe I should explain things more fully." He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out two photos, "New Bark Trainers get to choose one of three. A Chikorita, a new trainer just picked this one the other day. A Grass-type."

He showed the gang a picture of Chikorita who was a light green animal with a big leaf on its head.

"Or they can pick a Cyndaquil, which is a Fire-type."

"Cyndaquil!" The Pokémon said, happily.

Then he showed a picture of a Totodile who was a blue crocodile, "Or they can have a Totodile, which is a Water-type."

"Reminds me of the starter Pokémon Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle that my mom gives to new trainers back home." Ash said.

"Pika." Pikachu smiled.

Ash, Brock and Misty were all looking at Cyndaquil who was now in Nurse Joy's arms, who was laughing when Misty tickled it.

"Cute~!" Misty squealed.

"Sometimes I wish that you would be like Professor Oak and do the research area of human relationship too, Professor Elm." Nurse Joy stated with a sad expression.

Prof. Elm rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

"The only thing to think about now is to find those Pokémon thieves and bring Totodile back." Ash stated.

"I agree." Brock agreed.

"But how should we find them?" Misty questioned.

Just then one of Officer Jenny's men came up with a stone in his arms, "We didn't find any fingerprints, but we found some footprints on the ground that doesn't belong to any of us here and I made a plaster cast of the footprints from the backyard of the lab." He showed her the footprints.

Officer Jenny examines the footprints, and she releases the puppy Pokémon.

"Growlithe!" The puppy Pokémon barked and immediately went to sniff the footprints, it immediately got the scent and ran towards the town.

"Growlithe has picked up the scent of the thieves, time to go after them." Officer Jenny said and ran after her Pokémon.

"We should go too." Ash decided.

The gang followed Officer Jenny too.

They followed Growlithe who led them to Team Rocket who seemed to be fighting each other while a Totodile was chomping on Cassidy's hair.

"It's Team Rocket!" Misty exclaimed.

"It's the twerps!" Team Rocket exclaimed, surprised to see them again.

"I should have known that you three idiots would do something like this." Ash glared at the trio.

"You three are under arrest for stealing a Pokémon from Prof. Elm's lab!" Officer Jenny announced, holding out a pair of handcuffs. "Return that Totodile back!"

Ash blanked out on Team Rocket's motto as he turned to Totodile who was still chomping on Cassidy's hair. Ash had to get that Pokémon away from them. As he used his pschic powers as his eyes glowed blue and Totodile's shape was outlined blue. Then it was lifted over to Ash who caught Totodile in his arms.

Everyone blinked when they noticed that Totodile was safely in Ash's arms. Totodile blinked when it realized that it was no longer attached to Cassidy's hair. Ash gently patted its head who was still confused and then it started to like his touch.

"You're okay now, Totodile." Ash smiled.

"Give us that Pokémon now!" Sneasel demanded.

The Big Jaw Pokémon looked at Team Rocket and it jumped out of Ash's arms and launched a Water Gun attack towards the thieves and sent them flying into the air.

"What do we tell the boss now?" Sneasel whimpered.

"You can make the call this time, Sneasel and you can give him the same message we always have to give him!" Cassidy snapped.

"TEAM ROCKET MESSED THINGS UP AGAIN!!" Team Rocket shouted in the distance.

"Wow, that was some Water Gun attack." Ash said, impressed.

"Totodile!" The big jaw Pokémon jumped up and down, happily.

"Well done, Totodile." Ash said as he picked up Totodile.

Officer Jenny sighed, "Well no arrest." She said.

Ash handed Totodile to Officer Jenny, "Glad we could help, Officer."

Officer Jenny smiled as she held Totodile in her arms, "Thanks to you, a new Pokémon trainer is going to be very happy."

"You're welcome." Ash smiled back.

===================

When they arrived back at the Pokémon Center, Nurse Joy and Professor Elm were very happy to see Totodile back and unharmed. The gang had called Prof. Oak and told them that they made it to New Bark Town and introduced him to Prof. Elm. The two professors began talking and the group decided to leave them be.

As we see ash there with the three starters of johto, where they meet a Chikorita, who quickly became very fond of Ash, a Cyndaquil that is very cheeky and a Totodile he had resued that loves to dance around.

Elm asks Ash of he'll take the three pokemon, to which Ash was shocked.

"You see, I watched your tournament victories and I think these three will become good additions to your team.

I have other Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile for new trainers, so don't worry about that. These three are very special and they won't be a burden, I promise." Elm explains, Ash thinks about it and nods, taking the there's pokeballs, Chikorita's and Cyndaquil's being normal pokeballs, but Totodile's being a Lure Ball.

Ash scans them.

[Chikorita, the Leaf Pokemon.

A sweet aroma gently wafts from the leaf on its head. It is docile and loves to soak up the sun's rays. This Chikorita is level 10 with the Ability Overgrow and knows the moves Tackle, Razor Leaf, Poison Powder, Vine Whip*Egg Move*, Heal Pulse*Egg Move*, Ancient Power*Egg Move*, Grass Whistle*Egg Move*, and Leaf Storm*Egg Move*]

[Cyndaquil, the Fire Mouse Pokemon.

It is timid, and always curls itself up in a ball. If attacked, it flares up its back for protection. This Cyndaquil is level 10 with the Ability Blaze and knows the moves Tackle, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Double-Edge *Egg Move*, Flame Burst*Egg Move*, Extrasensory *Egg Move*, Crush Claw*Egg Move, Double Kick*Egg Move*, and Flare Blitz *Egg Move*]

[Totodile, the Big Jaw Pokemon.

It is small but rough and tough. It won't hesitate to take a bite out of anything that moves. This Totodile is level 10 with the Ability Torrent and knows the moves Scratch, Water Gun, Rage, Ice Punch *Egg Move*, Thrash*Egg Move*, Metal Claw*Egg Move *, Aqua Jet*Egg Move*, Crunch *Egg Move*, Dragon Dance*Egg Move*, and Water Pulse*Egg Move*]

Ash contacts his mom, showing her Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile, Ms.ketchum was clearly impressed. "My baby, you gotten great pokemon already! I'm impressed! "she said, Ash nodding, they talk for a while and Ash goes outside to train his new three pokemon. The training worked wonders and finds a Heracross in the middle of a big argument with a group of Pinsir about territory, bit Ash helps out and Heracross was very grateful and joins Ash.

[Heracross, the Single Horn Pokemon.

With its Herculean powers, it can easily throw around an object that is 100 times its own weight. This Heracross is level 25 with the Ability Guts and knows the moves Bug Bite, Arm Thrust, Bullet Seed , Night Slash, Horn Attack, Aerial Ace, Counter, Fury Attack, Endure, Double-Edge*Egg Move*, Bide*Egg Move*, Rock Blast*Egg Move*, Seismic Toss *Egg Move*, Revenge*Egg Move*,and Megahorn*Egg Move*]

Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodule were now level 25. Chikorita learned Synthesis, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Reflect, Magical Leaf, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, and Grass Pledge.

Cyndaquil learned Flame Wheel, Flame Charge, Quick Attack, Double Team, Heat Wave, and Fire Pledge.

Totodile learned Waterfall, Ice Fang, Dragon Claw, Flail, Ice Punch, Aqua Tail, and Water Pledge.

As we see ash coming back after training his pokemon as he meet nurse joy in pokemon as she said

"Thank you for the help Ash." Nurse Joy said, "How about I get you registered and approved for the Johto League, Ash."

Ash nodded, "Great."

Ash places his Nanodex on the scanner and Nurse Joy typed something on the computer.

"[Ash Ketchum of Pallet town, Kanto.]" The male computer voice said, analyzing Nanodex information, 'OK' "[Welcome to the Johto League.]"

Ash removed his Nanodex off the scanner.

Nurse Joy turned to Ash, "Congratulations Ash. You are now fully qualified and approved to become an official participant in the Johto League." She said.

"Thank you, Nurse Joy." Ash thanked her.

Nurse Joy took out a guidebook, "You'll need a copy of the Johto League Guidebook. So make sure you don't lose it." She held it out to Ash.

"Okay." Ash said gently took it.

"How many badges does Ash have to win in this league?" Misty asked.

"Once he earns eight badges, he'll be able to compete in the Johto League championship and I say the best place to start in Violet Gym in Violet City." Nurse Joy explained.

"Then that's where we're headed." Ash decided.

==============

At the end of the day, the sun had set, and it was time for the gang to leave.

Professor Elm, Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy with Totodile all waved them goodbye.

"Good luck in the Johto League!" Officer Jenny said.

"Remember you can stop in a Pokémon Center if you run into any trouble!" Nurse Joy said.

"And thanks again for rescuing Totodile!" Professor Elm said, as he was there to say goodbye to them.

The gang waved back and headed back on the road.

==========

As Ash and his friends head to Violet City to continue their Pokémon journey, they're happy to help out a Pokémon who's going to be a Trainer's first Pokémon back from Team Rocket. And as new winds of new beginnings at their back, they look forward to the Johto League.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442K 6.8K 81
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
615K 22.2K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
426K 28.9K 43
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
151K 3.1K 45
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...