That Time I Got Reincarnated...

By MrTimeWarp

What would happen if one of Satoru's coworkers was killed with him and was reincarnated into the Tensura Worl... More

Important Character Details
Death?
Meeting The Goblins!
Direwolvian Combat!
Naming The Goblins!
🍋 Sneak Peek 👀

Dragons & Exits!

870 24 27
By MrTimeWarp

(Y/N) Your Name

(L/N) Last Name

(A/N) Author Notes

"Talking"

'Thinking'

<<Great Sage>>

>>Speaking To Great Sage<<

[Skill Names]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) POV

Walking around the cave was pretty boring to say the least, all me and Satoru did was explore and eat things we found. Yes, eat, we found out from [Great Sage] that Rimuru possessed a skill called [Predator], it allowed him to basically consume anything and store it in his stomach, where [Great Sage] could analyse it. Due to my [Soul Link] skill that connected me to Satoru, I could also use said skill, the only thing was that we shared the stomach, so we could both consume, but only Satoru could take stuff out. 

We only found 2 different things in the caves, aside from monsters of course. They were an ore and a type of herb. We decided to ask [Great Sage] to analyse the herb after Satoru accidentally ate it, this was when we found out about the [Predator] skill.

Satoru:'Hey [Great Sage], what was that?'

Great Sage:<<That was a type of herb known as a Hipokute Herb, it has healing properties and can be turned into potions or salves.>>

Satoru:'No I mean where did the herb go.'

(Y/N):"Yeah you kinda dissolved it inside you."

Great Sage:<<That was the effect of your skill [Predator]. It can consume things and store them in your stomach, where you can later remove them for use. Additionally, when things are in your stomach, I can analyse them and give you and (Y/N) descriptions of it's name and effect. If you were to eat a monster you would also gain that monster's abilities.>>

(Y/N):"Well that's cool, I guess?"

Satoru:'So the herbs are healing plants! (Y/N)!'

(Y/N):"What?"

Satoru:'Let's eat all the Herbs here! You can use Predator too since our souls were linked right?'

(Y/N):"Oh yeah, Great Sage I do have access to all of Rimuru's skills correct?"

Great Sage:<<Confirmed, however [Predator]'s stomach is attached to the owner of the skill so only the individual Satoru can remove things from it.>>

(Y/N):"Well that kind of makes sense. Anyways Satoru let's eat!" We then ran around the cave, using [Predator] to eat every herb we found. That is until Rimuru fell off of a small cliff and landed on what appeared to be some sort of glowing rock.

Satoru:'AAHHH!!' He then flattened out as he hit the glowing rock, but of course, Satoru being Satoru, he decided to eat it.

(Y/N):"Why did you eat the glowing rock?"

Satoru:'Wait it was glowing?'

(Y/N):"You know sometimes I forget you can't see... Hey [Great Sage], what was that rock Satoru just ate?"

Great Sage:<<Analysing... Analysis Complete, that "rock", is a rare and valuable ore known as Magisteel Ore, it can only be found in Magicule rich areas and can be used as material for high quality armour and weapons.>>

Satoru:'And what exactly are Magicules?'

Great Sage:<<Magicules are a form of matter that is heavily influe->>

(Y/N):I cut Great Sage off. "Simpler terms, please, we're not Physicians."

Great Sage:<<In simpler terms, Magicules are the building blocks of life in this world.>>

(Y/N):"Uh-huh."

Satoru:'That makes sense.'

(Y/N):"We should probably get back to exploring, I want to find a way out of this cave."

Satoru:'Agreed.'

A while later we were just walking through one of the many tunnels in this cave, Satoru decided to sit on my head which felt weirdly nice. But eventually we came to a rocky cliff that I barely noticed in time, but not before Satoru fell off my head and fell into a lake below. 

Satoru:'AAHHH!!!!!! WHY DO I HAVE TO BE THE ONE THAT GETS FLUNG EVERYWHERE!?' He then fell into the lake, but due to him being quite light it was only a Plop when he hit the water.

(Y/N):"Satoru!" I then jumped down after him. Forgetting I didn't know how to swim... That was when something hit my stomach and pulled me out the water at a fairly fast speed. I knew what it was after I heard a certain line...

Great Sage:<<Extra Skill, Water Propulsion acquired. Furthering, successful, Extra Skill, Water Blade acquired. Merging Skills. Successful, Unique Skill Water Manipulation acquired.>>

Of course Satoru becomes a Water Bender from Avatar...

(Y/N):"Wait stop there's a rock!"

Satoru:'Couldn't you have said that sooner!?' He said that after we hit it and got launched into the air, we were flung right into a wall, surprisingly neither of us felt any pain.

(Y/N):"I don't feel any pain despite my finger being broken... And a chunk of you is missing Satoru..."

Satoru:'I don't feel any pain either.. Are we dying again?'

(Y/N):"Really?"

Satoru:'What!?'

Great Sage:<<You both have the Unique Skill, Pain Nullification. As well as the Slime Race Skill, Self Regeneration.>> As [Great Sage] said this my finger went back to normal and Rimuru became a full slime instead of only 90% of one.

???:"Are you going to just stand there or speak to me?"

(Y/N):"Huh? Who said th- HOLY SHIT!"

Satoru:'What is it!?'

(Y/N):"D-D-DRAGON!"

Satoru:'WHAT!?' He then did something straight out of looney tunes as his slime body contorted into an extremely shocked face, as well as floating in the air for about 5 seconds.

???:"As I said, are you going to speak to me or not?"

Satoru:'Shut up baldy!'

(Y/N):'You really just said that to a Dragon?'

???:"INSOLENCE! I attempt to be nice and you insult me!"

Satoru:'I'm sorry! I didn't know you could hear my thoughts...'

(Y/N):"That and he can't see..."

???:"So you can't see? I guess that makes sense why you couldn't tell exactly what I looked like! Fine! I shall give you sight. Can you use the skill Magic Sense?"

Satoru then shook his head, if Slimes can even do that.

???:"Alright then, try to sense the Magicules around you."

Satoru looked at me and we both attempted to do it at the same time. Suddenly we heard a familiar voice.

Great Sage:<<Acquisition of Extra Skill, Magic Sense successful. Would you like to activate it?>> Me and Satoru both said yes and suddenly everything was bright with colours straight out of a rainbow.

Satoru:'I can finally see!' Satoru then hopped over to the water to see what he looked like.

???:"I suppose I should introduce myself now. I am Veldora the Storm Dragon!"

(Y/N):"Storm.."

Satoru:'Dragon..'

Veldora:"Yes I am one of the four true dragons! Veldora!"

Me and Satoru looked at him with a blank expression.

(Y/N):"You already said your name..."

Satoru:'Yeah, but what's a True Dragon?'

Veldora:"Well! A True Dragon is a member of a species that has existed since the dawn of time itself!"

Me and Satoru zoned out before he even said that...

(Y/N):"By the way, what's this shiny barrier looking thing?"

Veldora:"Oh, that is my prison..."

Satoru:'Prison?'

Veldora:"Yes, I was sealed away here 300 years ago because I accidentally burnt a village to ashes..."

Satoru:'I was alone for 37 years and I was depressed, but 300!?'

(A/N):I'm gonna stop putting the brackets around (Y/N) so it's just going to be this now "YN" For my own sanity since I'll have to write it so much.. Anyways! Back to the story.

YN:"Well, since you've been here for 300 years, why don't we be friends?"

Veldora:"What!? A mere slime and kitsune propose friendship with me, the Storm Dragon!?"

Satoru:'I mean if you don't want to we can just leave.' As he said this he jumped onto my head and I started walking away.

Veldora:"Hey! I-I didn't say I didn't want to!"

YN/Satoru:'He's pouting!? A tsundere Dragon!?'

YN:"We can stay a little longer, if you become friends with us."

Veldora:"Fine..."

We all reach towards the barrier and touch our hands, slands? Whatever slimes have. And that was when our contract of friendship began.

(A/N):I am just now noticing how that makes it sound like Veldora was forced into it...

Veldora:"I am curious though, slimes are usually low ranked monsters, yet you are sentient and can converse with me and this Kitsune."

Satoru:'That's because me and YN were reincarnated I guess?'

Veldora:"How peculiar, others from different worlds don't usually come here via that method."

YN:"What do you mean?"

Veldora:"There have been many from different worlds in the past, but none have been reincarnated, you are the first I've heard of."

Satoru:'Really?'

Veldora:"Yes."

YN:"I've been thinking, it doesn't feel right to leave you trapped here Veldora."

Satoru:'Yeah, what if [Predator] will free him?'

Veldora:"It's unlikely but possible!"

Great Sage:<<Would you like to use [Predator] on the barrier?

Satoru:'Yes.'

Great Sage:<<Attempt failed.>>

YN:"Well that didn't work."

Veldora:"I was kind of expecting that."

Satoru:'What if I swallow you and the barrier, then we can analyse it from inside and out!'

YN:"HUH!?"

Veldora:"...

Good Idea!"

YN:'I'm starting to wonder how he survived since the dawn of time...'

Satoru:'Okay! I'll eat you now!'

Veldora:"Wait! Before that, I'll give you 2 names, it'll engrave on our souls that we are equals and I will also allow you to give me what humans call a family name!"

Satoru:'Uh, ok?'

YN:"A Family Name huh? Storm... Typhoon? No. Hurricane? No..."

Satoru'Oh I know! What about Tempest?'

Veldora:"..."

YN:'Does he not like it???'

Veldora:"Hahahahaha That is a wonderful name! I shall now be known as Veldora Tempest! As for you two! You shall be YN and Rimuru Tempest!"

Me and Sato-Rimuru suddenly started glowing with a golden light, after a few seconds it disappeared but we felt we had become much stronger.

(A/N):I swear you do not know how long I've been wanting to type "Rimuru" for... This chapter is already over a thousand words...

Rimuru:'Well then Veldora, I'm going to eat you now!'

Veldora:"Alright!"

Rimuru then expanded his body until he fully covered Veldora's barrier, he then shrank and was back to normal, but there was no longer the aura of a giant dragon looming over us.

YN:"I never thought I'd hear the phrase "I'm going to eat you now!"..."

Rimuru:'And I never thought I'd say it but here we are!'

YN:"Uh-huh."

Rimuru:'Let's get going! I want to find people from other worlds too!'

YN:"Alright."

With Rimuru perched atop my head once more we ventured deeper into the cave, battling and consuming monsters as we go. One was like a rhino that gave us the ability to turn our skin into metal armour, a centipede, snake, spider and a giant bat gave us paralysis and poison breath, as well as different types of string. And Rimuru gained the ability to speak, although he was very loud, especially with my enhanced hearing so I've forbidden him from practicing in the cave or near me.

After a long while we finally found an old door. Of course Rimuru asked if we could break it... But that's when the door began to open.

Me and Rimuru then hid behind a rock and waited for whoever opened it to leave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Major props to the authors on here... My hands are sore and I've been using a laptop... Welp that was chapter 2 for ya! It was supposed to include the Goblins as well but that'll be Chapter 3 since this is already really long. Anyways, I'll see you with the next chapter!

Sayonara!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.9K 3.3K 19
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...
584K 9K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
941K 21.6K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
170K 4.5K 39
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...