The Three Kagenou Siblings (K...

By JaeZInsane

While Claire Kagenou works among the Crimson Order, The Shadow Monarch, Kagari Kagenou watches and over their... More

Bio: Kagera Sanashi/Kagari Kagenou
Prolouge: The Unfortunate Death and The Forunate Rebirth
Chapter 1: The Kagenou Brothers
Chapter 2: Shadow Garden
Chapter 3: Shadow Garden's Rescue Mission
Chapter 4: The Midgar Academy
Chapter 5: Alexia Midgar
Chapter 6: Saving The Princess and Catching The Bad Guy
Chapter 7: Eclipse and Shadow, The Brothers of Darkness
Chapter 8: The Impostors
Chapter 9: Sherry Barnett
Chapter 10: Battle of The Bushin Tournament, Kagari Kagenou vs Rose Oriana
Chapter 11: The Attack on The Midgar Academy
Chapter 12: An Operation in the Shadows
Chapter 13: True Colors
Chapter 14: Exposing A Monster, Kagari Kagenou vs Lutheran Barnett
Chapter 15: Helping a Poor Soul
Chapter 16: The Sacred Land of Lindwurm
Chapter 17: Aurora, The Witch Of Calamity
Chapter 18: The Sanctuary
Chapter 19: The History of The Cult of Diablos
Chapter 20: The Sanctuary Massacre
Chapter 21: The Final Battle In the Sanctuary
Chapter 22: Aftermath
Chapter 23: Checking In On Loved Ones
Chapter 24: Alexandria
Chapter 25: The Bushin Festival
Chapter 26: A Crisis Behind The Scenes
Chapter 27: The Shadow of The Moonlight
Chapter 28: A Deal of Power
Chapter 29: Waiting For The Right Time
Chapter 30: The Hostile Takeover
Chapter 31: Wrath of The Monarch of White Flames
Chapter 32: The Successors of Monarchs
Chapter 33: Wrath of The New Shadow Monarch
Chapter 35: Chaos' End
(Season 2) Chapter 36: The Lawless City

Chapter 34: The End of White Flames

3.2K 105 37
By JaeZInsane

"Now, the real fight can begin."

Eclipse: Well, what do you think of it? Quite the change in appearance wouldn't you say, Norn?

Eclipse's aura known as "The Aura of Death" surrounds him at it has become even larger after his evolution.

Seeing this, Norn could only stand in shock, no being able to say a single word.

Norn's Thoughts: (No, impossible!...his power...it's unbelieveable!)

Baran's Thoughts: (It can't be! He's harnessed more of Ashborn's power than I realized!)

Eclipse: Seeing as how you entered your Monarch Transformation, I thought perhaps I should enter mine as well.

Ashborn: Remember this, your transformation is only a current result of the amount of power that has been integrated into you.

Kagari's Thoughts: Yes, I understand.

Eclipse: But the term "Monarch Transformation" seems a bit dated, don't you agree? I believe I can come up with something better.

Eclipse: How about "Shadow Monarch Evolution"? That sounds like a much better name.

Baran: Well, what are you waiting for?! Don't just stand there, attack him!

Listening to Baran, Norn charged at Kagari with a fist coated in white fire, hoping to kill him quickly. Eclipse stood and took the punch and Norn watched in fear as he was not fazed from the attack.

In a second, Norn could no longer move as Eclipse was now holding his arm.

Eclipse: Remember what I took you, Norn? We may be the successors of Monarchs, but we are completely different...

Eclipse let go of Norn's hand as he jumped away from him.

Norn: What are you talking about?! What the hell could be the difference between you and me?!

Then, Eclipse raised his fingers up as black spikes made of shadow emerged from the ground, impaling Norn.

Eclipse: Hell's Impalement.

Eclipse: You're merely borrowing the powers Baran has bestowed upon you. Yes, you have raised your power to a high degree...but in the end, it's borrowed strength. As for me...

Eclipse: Ashborn deemed me worthy of being the successor of his power. I have trained for years to harness his strength. Not only have I mastered the current level Ashborn's powers, I have made them my own.

Eclipse: But I think I've talked long enough, allow me to show you how much power I truly possess.

Ashborn: Baran, it is time to die again.

In a split second, Eclipse was infront of Norn and punched him in his chest, making him crash into a nearby mountain.

Baran: Come on, get up! We've come so far, I cannot lose to Ashborn twice!

After recovering from the shock, Norn came back and shot multiple blasts of fire at Eclipse, which he allowed to hit him.

Norn: Let's see you handle this, Flare Bomb!!

Norn charged a massive fire ball in Kagari's direction and threw it at him, causing a massive explosion in the sky.

Norn: Haha! Coming into contact with Baran's flames is an instant death! There's no way you can survive them!

As the smoke cleared, Eclipse stood unfazed by Norn's attacks.

Norn: I-Impossible! Baran's flames can disintegrate anything they touch!

Eclipse: Perhaps if your flames were strong enough, that would be the truth.

In his rage, Norn charged at Eclipse for a white flame empowered attack, but he vanished out of sight.

Kagari raised his hand into the air as his Black Hellspears came into view, although this time they were much, much larger and more powerful than the ones before.

Eclipse: Go forth, Dark Hellspears!!

The giant sized Hellspears were aimed at began launching towards Norn at incredible speeds. He could barely dodge any of them, but then one of the spears impaled him in his chest.

Norn: Gahhhh!!!

Sky

Norn was raised high into the sky, as the spear sank deeper into his body, causing him to cough up blood. Above the clouds, the spear dissipated as Norn saw Eclipse waiting for him.

Eclipse: Tell me, did you enjoy your flight?.

As Norn began to regenerate from his wounds, he was now in utter disbelief of what he was going through.

Norn: How...? How is this happening to me...?!

Norn's Thoughts: (And why? Why does this all feel so familiar...? Like it's all happened before)

Baran: What are you doing! Fight and kill them already! Fulfill the end of our deal!

Eclipse: Now then, shall we continue?

Norn's Thoughts: (No! Forget about it, I won't be killed here! Not after everything I've been through!)

Norn: I won't lose, I'm going to kill you!!

Eclipse: You'll die trying.

With that, Norn's power began to rise as he and Eclipse began trading attacks with each other.

Eclipse blocked Norn's punch and responded by kicking him in his stomach, making a shockwave of air in the sky. Then, he blasted him away but Norn returned in seconds after regenerating his injuries and hit Eclipse in his chest, doing no damage.

Eclipse: Not good enough!

Eclipse grabbed Norn by his hand, broke his arm and slammed him down with a ball of dark energy, creating a massive explosion.

Norn: You will die here!!

Norn jumped back through the clouds and resumed the fight as he created several fireballs and launched them at Eclipse, making him fly through his attacks. As the smoke cleared, Norn noticed the was now out of sight.

Norn: What the? Where did he--

One punch from Eclipse sent Norn across the clouds before appearing in front of him and slamming back down towards the Earth.

Eclipse: This attack sound be a bit familiar, don't you think, Norn...?

As Norn fell, he saw a massive orb of dark energy above him as it's light filled the clouds.

Eclipse: DARK OBLIVION!!!!

For the second time, Eclipse fired his Dark Oblivion attack towards Norn, as the wave of dark energy was aimed right for him.

Norn: NO! The same attack won't work on me twice!!

As he continued to fall midair, he held both of his arms in the out as the blast connected, trying to block it.

Norn: Nice try! But I've seen this attack already! In my current state, it won't be enough to kill me!

Eclipse: The attack wasn't meant to kill you, it was meant to slow you down and keep you in place!! Aurora, now!!

Norn: WHAT?!!

Right on que, Aurora magically appeared right behind Norn in the sky, ready to attack him as he was now distracted.

Aurora: Now, Now, my dear...

Aurora: You didn't forget about me, did you?

Using her blood magic, Aurora created a massive arsenal of blood shaped weapons and launched them at Norn's back, causing him to slowly lose focus on blocking the blast.

Norn: Ack! You bitch! This was your plan along to strike me while I was too focused on holding back his attack.

Aurora: Now then, you have to make a very tough choice...

Eclipse: You can attack her and lose focus, or continue to focus on me and take Aurora's attacks, you must choose.

Norn was being pushed further down to the ground as he was trying to hold off Aurora's barrage. As he was trying to focus, he heard Baran's voice.

Baran: You fool! How could you allow them to put you in a position like this?!

Norn's Thoughts: Shut up, Baran! Can't you see I'm trying to focus?! How am I supposed you keep us from getting vaporized with you screaming in my head?!

Norn: JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!!!

As Norn continued to be pushed, Aurora's blood attacks actually started to do some actual damage to his body as his regeneration began slowing down.

Aurora: Yes, it's working!!

Norn: Ah!!

Norn's Thoughts: (No! Damn it! I can't keep this back and fend her off at the same time! My regeneration is starting to lose it's effects!)

Baran: Keep pushing, you fool!

Kagari's Thoughts: (Just as I thought, Norn and Baran's connection isn't very strong. If we keep the pressure on him, it should be more than enough to take him out...)

Eclipse: You've done well, now let's see if you can handle even more! HAH!!!

Eclipse added more of his power to the blast as Norn began to slowly lose hold while Aurora kept hitting him with her blood weapons.

Norn: HAAAAAAHHH!!!!

Just then, Norn's black skin began to crack, the pressure of the attacks was now slowly chipping away at his body as he no longer had the strength to regenerate his wounds.

Norn: You will not defeat me!!!

Norn: You will!!... GAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Eclipse: DIE!!!!

At full power, Eclipse's Dark Oblivion overwhelmed and engulfed Norn in it's light. Aurora flew out of the way as the attack hit the ground creating a massive explosion.

Aurora: Is he still alive after that?

Eclipse: There's only one way for us to find out?

Eclipse and Aurora flew back down to the impact site to see the possibility that Norn was still alive after the attack.

(Timeskip)

Far down beneath the earth, there was now a massive crater after Eclipse's Dark Oblivion attack. Inside of the large crater, Norn can be seen as he erupted from the rubble, heavily injured.

His right arm was now completely vaporized and his body had cracks all over it, symbolizing that he was now mere moments away from falling apart.

Norn: This can't be! How am I losing to these...these weaklings?!

When he looked up, Norn then saw Eclipse and Aurora flying over him. As he blinked, he saw the first Shadow Monarch, Ashborn in his place. Then he looked down at his hand and saw it was the same as Baran's.

Norn's Thoughts: (Wait, now I know why this is so familiar...?)

Norn's Thoughts: (This has all happened before...am I...was I meant to truly lose here...?)

Baran: Norn...

Norn: What the hell do you want from me, Baran?

Baran: I want to win this fight, this my only chance to defeat Ashborn once and for all. You know what I want you to do...

Norn jumped out of the crater and high into the sky. Then, he raised his only remaining arm into the air and began forming a large orb.

Eclipse: That's an interesting tactic.

Baran/Norn: You know what, fine! If I can beat you directly! Then, I'll do the next best option!

Baran/Norn: WE'LL DESTROY THIS ENTIRE DAMN PLANET!!!!

The Black orb in Norn's hand began to grow larger and larger as Eclipse and Aurora watched. Back in the Midgar Kingdom, Cid and the other's watched as Norn's black orb filled the sky.

Baran/Norn: I hope you all enjoy your permanent stay in the afterlife!! BLACK SUN!!!!!

Norn slammed his hand down towards the earth as the Black Sun was heading for both Aurora and Eclipse.

Aurora: What do we do? Can that attack really destroy the planet?

Eclipse: Allow us to handle this one...

NORN: IT'S OVER!! YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME!!!!

Eclipse stepped infront of Aurora and flew into the air as he now stood face to face with Norn's Black Sun as his attack was getting closer towards the earth.

Eclipse/Ashborn: Let us finish this...

As he charged to his full power once again, Kagari straightened his hand and raised it into the air as his aura turned from purple to black.

Eclipse: End all...

Ashborn: Destroy all...

Eclipse/Ashborn: Erase all...

"All Extinction"

With a single downward swipe of his hand, the combined power of Eclipse and Ashborn created a single slash, erasing the Black Sun completely.

Not only the Black Sun, but Norn himself was hit by the attack, it was so fast, he couldn't dodge it as his soul felt like it was just cut in half as he fell to the ground.

Once the attack cleared, the clouds were seen parted in two due to the power of the attack, as Eclipse stood tall in his victory over The Monarch of White Flames.

"Before there was existence, there was nothing and only one thing existed in nothing..."

"Eternal Darkness..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 1.1K 29
Y/n L/n died and was reincarnated in the world of Akame ga kill! With the knowledge of the world and the power he got he will try to change the fate...
8.4K 281 10
A former teacher dies and gets reincarnated into another fantasy world as Johan Achlys, Heir to the House of Achlys of nobles in the kingdom of Midga...
38K 1.5K 27
Demon King of Tyranny Anos Voldigoad from the 'Misfit of Demon King Academy' will reincarnate in 'Eminence in Shadow' or 'To Be a Power in the Shadow...
62.5K 1.6K 34
What if there was a player who can rival Maple. A player who can summon the shadows of his enemies corpse. Find out how our MC becomes THE SHADOW MON...