Will Of Heaven

Door Editer

Upon the will of Heaven rested the fates of mortals-life and death, fortune and poverty. Through the mandate... Meer

𝖂𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝕺𝖋 𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖓
P R O L O G U E
十一
十二
十三
十四
十五
十六
十七
十八
十九
二十
二十一
二十二
二十三
二十四
二十五
二十六
二十七
二十八
二十九
三十
三十一
三十二
三十三
三十四
三十六
三十七
三十七
三十八
三十九
四十
四十一
四十二
四十三
四十四

三十五

231 10 4
Door Editer

A New Consort

PLEADING for Consort Lin's cause will be seen as being filial to the woman who raised me, someone that I recognized as my mother, but if it goes badly and the Emperor scolded me, I'll be viewed as nosy. This is a matter between the Emperor and his women, and I have already married outside.

From the beginning, there was no choice left for me. If Consort Lin asked, I have no right to refuse, if I did she will point her finger at me and accuse me of being unfilial and cutting ties now that I'm part of the Sun clan, like an ungrateful white-eyed wolf. In any case, I wouldn't put too much effort into it, I'll just put in a few good words about her and it will be considered as done. Whether or not the Emperor lifted her ban is up to him, no one can blame me if I at least tried.

On my way to Tianshang palace where the Emperor resides, I keep thinking about what to say to his majesty. A reasonable sentence that will put Consort Lin in a good light and at the same time not offend him.

It seems fate is not favoring Consort Lin. He gongong stopped me at the gate before I could even enter “Greetings to Her Highness, his majesty is busy and will not grant anyone an audience. Please go back”

Smiling cordially at his majesty's personal eunuch, I said in a light-hearted manner “These days, this princess feels lonely and bored, my husband is away, and there's no one to ¹accompany me back to the palace, still I have thought of visiting ²fuhuang by myself on his free time so what can he be busy about?” my intention was to fill him with guilt. A husband is supposed to escort his wife to her natal home after the wedding but the Emperor has to send away my husband on our wedding day nonetheless and yet he still won't grant me an audience.

Besides, the court meeting has long ended a few hours ago and as far as I know, there's no big matter in the court. The riot has long been suppressed by Renshu, what is left now is putting the negotiating terms of surrender.

He gongong has an uneasy expression “Princess, this...”

Before he could think of a reply, we heard melodious laughter from the front yard and the pleased voice of the Emperor. I took a peek at the slightly opened gate and saw a beautiful woman sitting on his majesty's lap, playing with so many fine pieces of jewelry made of gold and colorful gems, her lotus like hands held a gem against the sunlight and it brightly sparkles in colorful light. She exclaimed “Look your majesty, this one is similar to a rainbow against the sunlight. It's like holding a rainbow in my hand!”

“Do you like this one? Zhen can order someone to make a hairpin out of this too”

“Your majesty will do that for me?” the woman asked in a soft saccharine voice, her arms sneaking around the Emperor's neck.

The Emperor smiled helplessly, as if there was nothing he can do but spoil her “As long as Yue-er is happy, zhen can do anything” In response she gives him a resounding kiss on his lips. He laughed in delight. Who was this unfamiliar man?

In my eyes, he has always been that frightening and unfathomable Emperor. In my memories, he has never smiled like this with anyone, not even his own children, nor did he speak and look at anyone softly like how he's speaking and looking at the beautiful woman on his lap.

To say that I was shocked would be an understatement. I was rooted to the spot.

Aren't they behaving quite un​scru​pu​lously in broad daylight? And it's outside, one is a Consort and the other is the Emperor, breaking protocols. They really have to pick a place to flirt or is this new consort trying to show off by acting squea​mish outside notwithstanding that someone might see them in such a manner?

The Emperor is not the type to act out of protocol, in fact, he was too restrained, it can be seen by the small number of women in his harem. That means he's only indulging this consort who wants to deliberately flaunt how his majesty favored and tolerated her.

I took a step back “Gongong, this princess is now going to leave, I apologies for disturbing his majesty's moments of joy”

“Sending her highness away”

It turns out that the new Consort is already winning, Consort Lin has to endure whether she likes it or not. If she caused any more trouble she might put her position in danger. Maybe the next time around, his majesty will not just imprison her in her palace, he'll demote her like Consort Ye or throw her in the cold palace.

But then again that woman is acting too outrageous, no wonder Consort Lin got so triggered by her. I have to agree with Consort Lin that she's brainless though. She's already attracting a lot of attention by getting his majesty's favor all to herself and she still wants to blatantly strut in the back palace. One should not provoke the jealousy and envy of the women in the imperial harem, their knives are either hidden in the dark or coated with honey.

This new Consort won't have a smooth sailing life in the harem even if she has the Emperor's favor, that's for sure. The intricate waves of the scheme in the palace, she won't get away with it.

Yue-er

Didn't his majesty call her that? I paused, staring at the entrance of the cold palace. It turns out I absent-mindedly walked here. I shook my head, maybe I was just thinking too much.

I intend to head to the Weiyang palace while I'm here, I should pay respect to the Empress. She's the head of the harem and is also my sister-in-law. Thinking about facing her fills me with dread, I haven't gotten over the time when she lectured me about being virtuous when I ordered my servant to slap that thick face of Ye Liling. I wonder how the Empress is reacting to the New Consort in the palace.

Empress Sun look collected, still, the elegant and beautiful-looking Empress. “bengong heard that Imperial Noble Consort summoned you to Youya palace”

“My mother is lonely and asked me to accompany her”

She nodded and didn't make any more comments, which prompt me to add.

erchen heard that there's a New Noble Consort in the palace, unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her”

Empress Sun raised an eyebrow at me “You mean Noble Consort Wen Yue?”

“Noble Consort Wen Yue... so that is her name”

As an Empress she has to preside over the matters in the imperial harem, seeing how that New Consort acted, she really must have taunted Consort Lin. Perhaps the Empress knew that too if she has to make a decision she'll probably send the New Consort to the Department of Rites and be taught by the women there who are known to be strict about etiquette, Consort Lin will probably be forced to write about the admonishment of women. However, the Emperor has to interfere and decided to put all the blame on Consort Lin.

“The name reminds you of someone, isn't it? Her face too... she's beautiful but not outstanding enough to stand out among all the beauties in the palace and yet the Emperor likes her the most. Why is that? What's the Emperor thinking?” Empress Sun is trying to hint at me, I acted dumb, tilting my head to one side and answered

“The son of heaven has a deep mind, naturally someone like this princess can't grasp a hold of it. In any case, isn't it great that there's a New Consort in the harem? Those officials keep bothering fuhuang before about his lack of concubines and insisted on holding a selection” If I took her bait, the Empress will probably pull me into a conspiracy and I don't want that. I don't want to be used by her and be involved in their palace intrigue. I'd rather spend my days being idle in the Sun estate.

She knows I'm here to plead for Consort Lin and she's probably giving me a hint to join in, in exchange she'll help Consort Lin as well.

Except she's wrong about one thing, I don't intend to truly plead for Consort Lin. I tried seeing the Emperor, got denied, and won't try for a second time. I merely sent a servant to tell Consort Lin that I have tried and failed.

With me acting dumb, she has to change the subject and we made an idle talk for half an hour before she decided to let me go.

“His Majesty felt guilty for ruining your wedding day so he has ordered me to send gifts as compensation”

I don't think he feels guilty at all.

I smiled and saluted the Empress.

“Thanking the Emperor and the Empress for their grace, erchen is very grateful”

1. The practice is called 歸寧 [gwài nìhng]. On the third day following the wedding, the couple would visit the bride's parents' home.

2. Father Emperor

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

119K 4.5K 22
Wang Shu was a young boy who witnessed the traumatic death of his mother at the hands of a imperial guard, and he later grows up as a woman to concea...
6K 367 27
Zhou Keung is the emperor of Wisteria, born with a twisted fate. He can read people's minds. The third princess of Adarlan was forced by her father...
126 2 14
The Puternic Imperiul is an empire with a strong, powerful emperor and his three powerful sons. The emperor had his affairs and concubines but no chi...
184K 9.9K 91
Betrayed by the man she loved most and sent to the guillotine, a young girl embarks on a quest for revenge when she is given the chance to cheat deat...