FOREVER • S.ROGERS

By hansbroekman

In which an Asgardian Goddess finds a Brooklyn Soldier, and they fall in love. ''I love you.'' ''I love you t... More

CAST
ACT I
[01]
[02]
[03]
[04]
[05]
[06]
ACT II
[07]
[08]
[09]
[10]
[11]
[12]
ACT III
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
ACT IV
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
ACT V
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
ACT VI
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
JAMES SAMUAL LOKI ROGERS
[39]
SARAH FRIGGA REBECCA ROGERS
JOSEPH ODIN NICHOLAS ROGERS
ACT VII
[40]
[41]
[43]
[EPILOGUE]

[42]

910 28 4
By hansbroekman

FREYA AND STEVE SMILES BRIGHTLY at the sound of their little boy laughing happily. Friggie and Joey are happily asleep with Pepper and Happy in Stark's cabin and Jamie's playing with Morgan in the living room.

''It's not going to be long, Jamie.'' The Goddess smiles in the phone.

''Okay!'' He giggles. ''When will you be back?'' The little, blonde boy asks.

''As soon as possible.'' Steve replies, the phone on speaker at both ends.

Neither of them have the heart to tell
James about Natasha.

A muffled laugh runs through the phone and a few happy shrieks.

''James and Morgan just ran outside.'' Pepper chuckles as she stands up and holds the phone to her ear.

''Thank you so much again, Pepper.'' Freya says, her finger entwined with Steve's.

''It's not a problem, really. It's nice for Morgan to have a friend her age.'' She replies.

''How's everything over there? I still can't believe you went back in time. I don't know what I'm supposed to think.'' Pepper nervously says, the whole thing doesn't exactly sit right with her.

''Fine. Your husband's a genius.'' Rogers chuckles, running his fingers over Freya's hand.

''That I did know.'' She smiles.

The news op Natasha really shook her. It wasn't long the two last saw each other, during lunch last week they talked a lot.

''Be careful, okay?'' Pepper whispers.

''We will.''

When they hang up, Freya falls back on the bed with a deep sigh. Steve lies down beside her.

''It'll be okay, doll. Tony, Bruce and Rocket are working on making the glove. Some just has to snap and then this is all over. Then we'll see everyone again.''

The two can't help but smile at the thought of seeing Bucky and Sam and Wanda and everybody else again.

''Promise me you won't volunteer to do it.'' Freya whispers, turning her head towards him.

Steve keeps his eyes on the ceiling as he swallows.

''Steve,'' she's sternly says, grabbing his cheek and turning his head towards her.

''Promise me.''

His eyes scan her entire face, they fall upon her eyes and he sees the pure desperation in them.

''I promise.'' He whispers.

The two lay in silence for a while, her head against his arms. 

''Can you do something for me?'' Freya finally asks.

''Anything.'' He replies.

''If something goes wrong. If we end up in battle anyways. Can you choose yourself?''

Steve turns to her, his eyebrows furrowed.

''When things get dangerous, can you step away? Can you not sacrifice your life? Can you please choose your life over everyone else's just this once?''

He stays quiet.

''Please, the kids need you. I need you.'' She desperately says. ''Can you?''

''Frey, I-.. I can't.'' Steve softly replies.

''Why not?'' Freya whispers.

''Could you do the same?'' He retorts. When she stays quiet, he nods and plants a kiss to her head.

''Then that's why.'' Steve says.

The Goddess nods and turns her head away, her eyes sadly drooping.

''But whatever happens, I'll always love you. I'll love you forever.''

''Forever, wow. That's a long time.''

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

''So, the glove's ready.'' Rocket mumbles as he sets in some sort of case.

''Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?''

''I'll do it!''

Everyone turns to around in surprise, Thor walks towards them with a dangerously determined look.

''Excuse me?'' Tony asks in disbelief.

''It's okay.'' Thor shrugs likes or nothing, just another daily task.

''Stop, stop-''

''Woah, woah.''

''-slow down.''

''Thor. Just wait, we haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet.'' Steve says, putting his hand on the God's chest to stop him.

''I'm sorry. What, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?'' Thor scoffs.

''We should at least discuss it.''

''Look, I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me.'' He says.

''Normally, your right.'' Freya says as she stands before him.

''It's my duty!''

''It's not about that. Hey, brother-''

Thor shushes his sister, he puts up his hands in defence as he shakes his head.

''Stop it!'' He exclaims. ''Just let me. Just let me do something good. Something right.'' Thor says, his voice cracking as he grabs Freya's hands.

''Look, it's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent. We're telling you, you're in no condition.'' Tony chimes in from their right.

''What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?'' He asks Stark.

''Cheese Whiz?''

Thor shakes his head as he points at Rhodes.

''Lightning.''

''Yeah,'' Freya whispers as she grabs his hand.

''Lightning won't help you, pal. It's gotta be me.'' Bruce says from behind them.

''You saw what those stones did to Thanos. They almost killed him. None of you could survive.'' He says, walking towards the glove.

''How do we know you will?' Steve asks.

''We don't.'' He replies. ''But the radiation's mostly gamma.''

Freya looks at him closely, the Smart Hulk's eyes intensely scanning the glove before him.

''It's like... i was made for this.''

Bruce grabs the glove in his hand, the stones suddenly looking so small.

Not to be fooled, they are indeed the most powerful things on the planet.

''Good to go?'' Stark asks.

''Let's do it.''

''Okay, remember, everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago you're just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years.'' Stark explains

''Got it.''

Radiating a shield from his suit, Tony and Clint keep cover behind it. Scott and Rhodey suit up as Thor keeps Rocket behind him. Steve defensively puts up his shield, an arm around Freya's waist as he holds her behind him.

''Maybe I should've worn my armour.'' She whispers in Steve's ear, making him crack a light smile as he looks at her long, Asgardian gown.

She wasn't quite ready to let that one go.

''Friday, do me a favour and activate Barn Door Protocol, will you?'' Tony asks polity.

All doors and open windows behind them lock, metal walls come before the living area and those same ones lock of the compound from outside.

''Everybody comes home.'' Banner whispers.

Everyone nervously watches as the glove starts forming around his hands. It's deadly silent.

Until Bruce's ear deafening screams start echoing of the walls.

''Take it off!'' Thor yells.

''Bruce, are you okay?!'' Steve exclaims over the sound of the sizzling stones and Banner's screams.

''Talk to me, Banner.'' Tony insists.

''I'm okay.'' He groans out.

The colourful radiation flickers over his body, his arm now bruised and brunt.

And then he snaps.

A white light impairs his vision and with a loud thud, the Hulk falls to the ground.

''Bruce!'' Steve exclaims as he sits down beside him, the rest doing the same.

''Don't move him.'' Tony is it's as he sprays some water over his burned arm.

The impact makes Bruce groan in pain and his hand squeezes Steve's arm, thats on shoulder, as an instinct.

''Bruce, are you all right?'' Freya quickly asks.

''Fine,'' he weakly says. ''Did it work?''

''We're not sure. It's- it's okay.'' Thor smiles as the door start opening again.

Clint's ears quirk up at the sound a cellphone vibrating. Or rather, his cellphone.

He slowly walks towards the table, the picture on his phone only becoming more and more clear.

Laura.

His lip quivers and his eyes widen in shock, he quickly graves the phone and takes the call.

''Honey,'' he breathes out.

''Clint?''

The sound of her voice makes him tear up, his heart dropping so happily.

''Honey.'' He chuckles in relief.

At that same time, Scott walked forward towards the open glass.

It seems like the birds suddenly chip more happily, not to mention there are way more, the sun shines brighter and the sky seems clearer.

''Guys..'' Lang whispers in disbelief.

''Guys, it worked!'' He exclaims as he turns around with a happy grin.

Freya and Steve smile at each other, his lips planting a kiss to the side of her head.

Then Bruce sees a familiar, large ship hovering above them.

The last thing the Avengers see is a multiple explosives flying towards them.

Then it's screams, and debris, and falling, and blood, and fire and explosions and water flooding and deep, dark holes in the ground.

The whole compound, totally bombed to the ground.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

Tony Stark walks the ground of what was once the compound. The compound where the Avengers share so many memories.

Gone.

His eyes fall upon Steve, the fallen soldier, laying motionless on the ground.

''Come on, buddy, wake up!'' He exclaims, Rogers still unresponsive.

Suddenly, the Captain's eyes shoot open and he gasps for air.

''That's my man.''

Tony immediately kneels down beside him and holds Steve's shield in front of his eyes.

''You lose this again, I'm keeping it.'' Stark quips.

Steve let's out a quiet, disoriented laugh. His eyes scan around him and his head moves from left to right quickly.

''What happened?'' He asks as Tony helps him up.

''You mess with them, it tends to mess back.''

Steve nods, grabbing the shield Stark hands him when realisation crosses his mind.

The compound has been bombed to the fucking ground.

''Where's Freya? I have to find Freya!'' He stressfully exclaims.

''It's okay, she's here.''

Immediately, Steve walks towards an open ending between the ruïnes and finds Thor and Freya standing on top of some sort of cliff of the remaining parts of the compound.

The Goddess turns around and quickly runs into her fiancée's arms.

''Thank God you're okay.'' She murmurs, turning back to Tony and Thor and walking towards them.

''What's he been doing?'' Tony asks.

''Absolutely nothing.'' The God replies.

''Where are the stones?'' Steve asks.

''Somewhere under all this. All I know he doesn't have them.'' Stark replies.

''So, we keep it that way.''

''You know it's a trap, right?'' Freya quirks as she looks between the three man.

''Yeah,'' Stark sighs. ''I don't much care.''

''Good. Just as long as we're all in agreement.'' She smiles.

Then, both Thor and Freya put their hands out.

Thunder rumbles in the sky and Mjölnir and Stormbreaker fly to Thor's hands. Lighting strikes to his body and eyes and he's now dressed in his armour, his hair braided and his eyes fierce and blue of lightning.

At that same time, raging fire erupts from the ground and runs over to Freya's body. Her golden armour on her body and the familiar weight of two swords on her back. The fire moves through her veins and her fingertips made of stone.

''Woah, Cupid, you're on fire!'' Tony exclaims, his eyes wide.

''A lot has happened since we've last spoken, Tony.'' She smiles, making a ball of fire between her fingers.

Slowly, the four walk down to where Thanos is casually seated on a rock, mindlessly playing with a stone.

''You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you?'' The Mad Titan says.

Nobody responds.

''Back to me.''

Freya's eyes flicker over to the large ship floating above them, to the broken compound behind her - hopefully the rest of the team's okay - and back to Thanos in front of them.

''I though by eliminating half of life the other half would thrive.'' Thanos says. ''But as long as there are those that remember what was.. there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist.''

''We are all uniquely stubborn.'' Freya quips, her eyes narrowed at the Mad Titan.

''All kinds of it.'' Tony smirks.

''I'm thankful. Because now I know what I must do. I will shred this universe down to its last atom. And then, with the stones you've collected for me, create a new one teeming with life that knows not what it has lost, but only what it has been giving.''

Tony wields up his arc, Steve holds up his shield, Thor grasps his weapons and Freya lets the raging fire build in her hands.

''A grateful universe.'' Thanos finally says.

''Born out of blood.'' Steve spits out in spite.

''They'll never know it.'' He chuckles. ''Because you won't be alive to tell them.''

With a battle cry, the four run towards Thanos.

Steve throws his shield, Freya her fire, Tony blasts lasers form his suit and Thor blasts lightning from his body.

All the while Clint runs from some random creatures in a tunnel, the glove in his hand, and Scott tries to save the remaining Avengers from drowning, unbeknownst do the foursome.

''Okay, Thor, hit me!'' Tony yells.

The God blasts his lightning at Stark's suit, making his shooting capacity all the more powerful.

Tony charges at him, Thanos struggling against his force.

But then he picks the billionaire up and throws him forward dozens of feet.

Stark hits his head on the concrete, knocking him unconscious.

''Boss, wake up!'' Friday tries.

No response.

Steve runs at the Mad Titan, back flipping to hit his feet in face. The Captain throws his shield at Thanos, but he throws Steve back a few feet with a force so hard it makes the stones rumble.

He knocks Freya into a large rock, she hits him with her fire, but he holds her hands down so she can't turn him into stone.

Thanos throws her under a large piece of debris so she can't move and hits her head continuously when Thor jumps on his back.

The Titan throws him back into a rock, forcefully holding his body down.

Thor quickly retracts Stormbreaker, but Thanos grabs it and pushes it down on Thor's chest.

Slowly, crucially, he pushes the weapon down through his armour.

The God holds him back slightly, but Thanos is simply too strong.

And all Freya can do is watch as she tries desperately to escape from the large rocks she's under.

She closes her eyes and desperately tries to prepare herself for the sound of her brothers last dying yell.

And then.. nothing.

And then the sound of Mjölnir being retrieved.

The Goddess of Love and War opens her eyes and they widen at the sight of Steve, holding Mjölnir in his left hand steadily while Thanos lays on the ground further on.

''I knew it!'' Thor chuckles with a proud smile.

Thanos kicks him back.

Freya laughs at him proudly, her eyes wide and her mouth agape.

And then Steve charges at Thanos.

With an unusually large, unusually strong sword like weapon, the Titan slashes at Rogers. He just barely misses it by throwing his head backwards.

Steve bolts lightning from the sky and towards Thanos, making him cry out in pain.

He throws Mjölnir at his shield to make the impact hit Thanos, and he knocks him down with the hammer again and again and again and again.

Then, the Titan slashes a large wound on Steve's leg and arm.

The Captain grunts, throwing his hand forward with Mjölnir in it once again, but this time Thanos stops him and throws the hammer away.

Thanos slashes his large weapon at Steve, he puts his shield up just in time.

And the Titan does it again.

And again.

And again.

... and again!

The strongest metal on earth, chipped away like it's nothing.

Thanos throws the Captain back a few dozen feet, through a tree, landing on a stone.

His brain wants to stand up again and for a moment, he does. But then his body gives in and Steve lies defeated on the ground.

His shield in half, his teammates either scattered around the place defeatedly or somewhere between the ruïnes of what was once the compound - dead or alive, he doesn't know.

Slowly, - very slowly - Steve stands up. His hands on the ground, his breathing heavy and his eyes shut in pain as he grunts.

''In all my years of conquest..'' Thanos says,

Rogers puts his hands flat on the ground and tries to push himself up.

''violence,''

He grunts in pain as the pain of the wounds on his thigh and arm slash through him.

''slaughter..''

Blood drips from his mouth and nose, his face is dirty and his wounds gush of dark red blood.

''it was never personal. But I'll tell you now..''

Steve's mind wanders to Freya, and then Tony and Thor and all the other Avengers.

''what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet ik going to enjoy very, very much.'' The Titan says.

Then, hundreds of thousand of aliens come running out of the ship or teleported from.. somewhere? Beasts let loose from shackles

Steve inhales sharply and with a strained grunt, he gets up.

He pants and with shaking hands, he tightens the leather grip on his shield, his large, open wound with it.

Various creatures of all sort flies above him, other towering on a large hill above Thanos.

Steve thinks of Sam and Bucky.

For five years, he's struggled and fought to see them again. To see everyone again.

And now they're back, and Steve won't even get to see them.

Because he's about to die.

He's alone, stumbling towards Thanos and his army of hundreds of thousands of creatures from outer-space.

His wounds, the hits he took, a normal human would've been dead already.

Not him, though.

Because Captain America doesn't give up.

But more importantly, that kid from Brooklyn doesn't give up.

He thinks of his kids, who he loves more than anything or anyone in the world, who are always happy, who don't understand the struggle their parents went through to get where they are, who'll grow up without a father.

And then he thinks of Freya. Freya, who he will never see again, or hug again, or kiss again.

Because he's about to die without ever getting to see his other half in a white dress.

It's pure.. suicide, Rogers knows that. But he has to do it.

He can't give up now.

So, he stumbles towards Thanos.

He stumbles towards the end of his life.

Hey, maybe now that he can wield Mjölnir and die in battle, he'll get to go to that place Freya talks off.. Valhalla.

And then maybe, just maybe, he'll meet her again.

Because that's their song.. we'll meet again.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 1.9K 23
❝like a phoenix, from the ashes she rises.❞ [the avengers: infinity war - the avengers: endgame] [oc x t'challa] [oc x steve rogers] [oc x peter park...
12.6K 544 39
Can two broken Souls heal each other? Can Steve Rogers fall in love again? Will there be a Happy End in this Story? All this question will be answere...
24.7K 904 77
[slow updates] Pure bliss. That's what it was. When she was with him, she felt like floating. She was happy. He was, too. They wouldn't be able t...
2.8K 136 13
ᵇᵒᵒᵏ ¹ In which a small boy with a big heart finds himself trapped in a war with the most ethreal creature he's ever seen. OR In which Kallie Johnso...