Just Us || Isaac Lahey x Read...

By LoonyLupinBlack3

Y/n Argent's life is turned upside down when her adoptive mother, Kate, is murdered. Forced to move to a stra... More

Introduction
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 08

998 40 6
By LoonyLupinBlack3

Scott looked at me, surprised. "You want to help him?"

I scowled, crossing my arms. "Of course I do! He's my best friend."

Before Scott could respond, a black car drove forwards and parked where the police car had been moments before. The window was rolled down enough for us to see the driver. He looked a few years older than us, with pitch black hair and a killer leather jacket. Brown tinted sunglasses covered his face as he leaned forward.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"Derek," Scott answered, not taking his eyes off the Alpha.

Derek ignored me as he made eye-contact with Scott. "Get in."

Scott glowered at the man. "Are you serious? You did that!" he pointed in the direction the police car had gone. "That's your fault.

Derek gave me an alarmed look, no doubt because he thought I didn't know, but Scott waved an impatient hand in the air. "She knows."

Derek raised his eyebrows. "Oh, so you're just telling random girls about all this now?"

Scott seethed. "It's not like that, and that's not even the point. That-" he pointed in the same direction again. "-is the point, because it's all your fault."

Derek sighed, taking a moment to look away from Scott. "I know that. Now get in the car and help me."

Scott was already shaking his head, while I watched on in silence. "No, you know what, I've got a better idea. I'm gonna call a lawyer-" Scott started walking down the stairs and I trailed behind him cautiously. "-because a lawyer might actually have a chance at getting him out before the moon comes up."

"Not when they do a real search of the house," Derek retorts.

"What do you mean?"

Derek glared at me for speaking and I shifted on my feet uneasy, though he still answered my question. "Whatever Jackson said to the cops-" Derek cut himself off, taking a frustrated breath. "Whatever's in the house is worse. A lot worse."

He followed his words by opening the car door, giving Scott a pointed look as he waited for him to enter. Scott, looking conflicted, glanced around the school before looking at me. He gave me a half smile. "You should go inside Y/n."

"I want to help," I said, surprising myself.

Kate had always told me werewolves were bad, and I'd believed her, but I still wanted to help Isaac even while knowing he was a werewolf. It confused me, but I didn't take back my statement.

Scott glanced at me distractedly from where he was already getting in the car. "Talk to Stiles."

And then he was gone, the car driving off at an alarming speed. I glared at the back of it, annoyed at being left out, before eventually turning around and walking back inside. I needed to find Stiles, because I was determined to help Isaac somehow.

The only problem was, I couldn't find Stiles. For the rest of the day, he somehow evaded my searching, and so I was forced to sit with Allison and Lydia and act as if nothing was wrong. I wanted to ask Allison if she knew Isaac was a werewolf too but decided against it on the off chance that she didn't.

I was on my way to my last class, eyes frantically scanning the crowd of students for a certain buzzcut, when I found Jackson instead. My blood boiled just looking at him, and I gripped my backpack tighter. He was strolling around without a care in the world, like he hadn't ignored Isaac's abusive father for years.

I could feel my anger getting out of control, could feel my grasp on my emotions slipping, so I did the only thing I could think of to release my anger without using my newfound powers.

I punched him.

He didn't even see it coming, walking past me like I was just another student. He didn't see my hand curl into a fist, or when I swinged my arm, aiming right for him. He didn't even see my fist until it made contact with his jaw, a sickening crack accompanying the action.

Jackson stumbled backwards, hand going up to his jaw as he stared at me with wide eyes. "What the fuck was that?"

I glowered at him. "That was for Isaac."

Understanding flashed across his eyes as he realised what I meant, but before we could say anything more a teacher arrived, Mr Harris. Great. He took one look at Jackson's flushed face and pink jaw and my narrowed eyes and bruised fist before giving me a detention and ushering Jackson away.

I glared at them before going to my last class, barely casting more than a glance in search for Stiles. The class seemed to drag on forever, and it didn't help that my knuckles were still smarting after punching Jackson. I didn't regret it though, because it had lessened my anger slightly.

When the day ended, I grudgingly walked to detention, feeling useless because now I wouldn't be able to help Isaac at all. Those feelings melted away when I opened the door and found Stiles sitting on one of the desks, looking bored as hell as looked at his hands.

Stiles looked up when I entered, surprise flitting across his face as I sat down next to him. "What are you doing here?"

"Scott said I had to come to you if I wanted to help," I said, "and also I punched Jackson."

Stiles eyes went wide. "You what-? And you want to what-?"

"I want to help," I repeated.

We spent the rest of detention trying to come up with a plan to help Isaac, yet every option we thought of was somehow illegal, and we were trying to find one that did not breach any laws. We also talked about the hunters, or rather, I asked about them and Stiles explained everything that had happened to him and Scott since Scott became a werewolf. He seemed sceptical Kate hadn't told me anything about this, and I explained how she had told me stories but never said they were real.

"She also taught me combat and archery, so she was probably-"

"-training you to become a hunter," Stiles finished, looking grim.

The end of detention came, yet we still had no idea what to do. It was dark outside by the time we left the school, and I rubbed my arms as the wind blew against me.

"I reckon we could still do my idea," I said as we walked to Stiles' jeep. "It's efficient, plus minimum casualties."

Stiles had been about to answer when his phone rang. He looked at the ID before answering, but politely put it on speaker so I could listen in.

"Hey sorry, Harris literally just let us out of detention and he had my phone the whole fricken time," Stiles said.

"Us?" came Allison's unmistakable voice.

"Y/n," Stiles said. I let out a meekly "hi" before Stiles continued. "Turns out she figured everything out. Anyway we've been trying to come up with a plan, but all our options are illegal."

We made it to the and Stiles unlocked it as Allison started speaking.

"Well we need to do something right now, legal or not. They were asking me all these questions about Lydia and how she was bitten by Peter, and then they sent this guy out-"

Stiles stopped halfway in his car. "Wait, what guy?"

"He was dressed as a sheriffs deputy."

Realisation dawned on me. "They're sending him to the station for Isaac."

"He was also carrying this box with something on it. Like, um, a carving or something," Allison muttered. "Hang on, let me take a picture and I'll send it to you."

Stiles continued getting into the car, and when we were both in it he turned on his phone and went to his messages with Allison, where there were three dots signifying that Allison was sending something.

The screen was then taken up by a picture as we both leaned closer to get a better look. It was of a flower, with a long green stem and blue petals spouting from the sides of it. Recognition sparked in Stiles' eyes, but I was ignorant as to what it meant.

"It's wolfsbane," Stiles said. "They're gonna kill Isaac."

Stiles ended the call and started the jeep, reversing out of the car park carelessly before speeding off. I took the book out of my bag and started reading it just in case I needed to use some sort of magic, and Stiles was too busy driving to notice.

All of a sudden he stopped the car, and I hastily put my book away just as Derek reluctantly got into the back, shooting me a dirty look while he did. "What is she doing here?"

"I'm helping," I snapped.

The rest of the ride was silent as Stiles drove to the station, all of us tense as we thought about Isaac and the upcoming full moon. When we arrived at the station, we all looked through the windscreen to see a girl manning the front desk through a window.

"Okay, now the keys to every cell are in a password protected lockbox in my father's office," Stiles said. "The problem is getting past the front desk."

Derek had already started getting out of the car. "I'll distract her."

Stiles leaned over to the back seat and grabbed his arm, pulling him back. "Woah, woah, woah- you? You're not going in there."

Derek looked from Stiles to his arm repeatedly, looking like a very dangerous werewolf. Stiles immediately withdrew his hand.

"I'm taking my hand off."

Derek gave Stiles a pointed look. "I was exonerated."

Stiles scoffed. "You're still a person of interest."

"An innocent person," Derek added.

Stiles laughed. "An innocent- you? Ha, yeah right." At Derek's unamused look he sighed. "Alright fine. What's your plan?"

Derek looked at Stiles. "To distract her."

"Uh huh. How?" he asked. "By punching her in the face?"

I bit my lip to keep myself from smiling. The way Stiles was totally oblivious of Derek's intentions, and the way they acted around each other made me think Stiles might have had a bit of a crush on Derek.

"By talking to her," Derek said, having eyes only for Stiles. That also might have been because he didn't like me, but I was sensing something going on between these two.

"Okay, alright, give me a sample," Stiles said. "What are you going to open with?"

For a split-second Derek looked slightly panicked about flirting with Stiles, but it was gone as quick as it came, and he gave the boy a glare instead.

I snorted. "Stiles, he's going to dazzle her."

Stiles let out an "oh."

Derek rolled his eyes and made his second attempt at exiting the vehicle, and this time Stiles didn't stop him, looking a bit dazed. I grinned.

"You okay there buddy?"

Stiles blinked, going red. "What? Yeah of course. We better go."

I nodded my head, still grinning, as I exited the car and met up with Stiles and Derek at the entrance to the police station. We hid behind the wall as Derek entered, putting on his most charming smile.

"Good evening, how can I help-" the girl looked up from her file and stopped as she saw Derek. "...you?"

Derek smiled. "Hi."

"Hi."

I noticed Stiles roll his eyes and tried to muffle my laughter. This boy was obviously gone for Derek, but I didn't think he knew.

"Um, I had a question. Uh, sorry I'm a little thrown. I was really expecting someone..."

The girl looked Derek up and down. "Like me?"

Derek let out a laugh, and I went to sneak past only to find Stiles rooted to the spot, staring at Derek in sort of a trance. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm, dragging him behind me.

"I was going to say someone incredibly beautiful, but yeah."

I had to hand it to him. He was pretty charming.

We went into the Sheriff's office, who I'd figured out was Stiles' dad, and Stiles immediate went to the lockbox, franticly pressing the buttons on the number pad and waiting eagerly for the box to unlock. I looked over his shoulder as the box opened with a pop, only to feel my stomach drop when we found it empty.

"Shit," Stiles and I said in sync.

Stiles darted from the room and I followed hastily behind as he turned corners and ran down corridors. I was glad he knew where he was going, because I was already lost as I chased after him. Stiles had just turned a corner when he came to a sudden halt, sliding slightly on the tiled floor. I stumbled into him and we both went crashing into the wall, clambering upright as quickly as we could.

I shot Stiles a questioning look but he just gestured ahead where a deputy stood, staring at us with an unreadable expression.

"Oh, um," I started. "We were just looking for, uh, the-"

Stiles elbowed me in the stomach and I followed his gaze to find an arrow in the deputy's calf. I clamped my mouth shut and the deputy, confused, also followed Stiles' gaze to the arrow imbedded inside him.

We looked up at the deputy at the same time and Stiles grabbed my arm, twisting around to run but the deputy had already caught us, each of his hands curling around our collars. I struggled, fighting his grip, but he kicked the back of my legs, making me lose my balance and collapse on the floor.

He was just dragging us around the corner when my gaze was snagged by a bright red thing on the wall. On closer inspection I realised it was a fire alarm, the only problem being it was on Stiles' side. I kicked him in the shin and he shot me a look, but I gestured with my head to the wall where the alarm was, letting out a choked gasp as the man jerked my collar forward, suffocating me for a second.

Stiles desperately threw out his arm, letting it trail the wall before his hand came in contact with the fire alarm and he pulled. A loud ringing sound filled the building as red lights flashed in every room. The fake deputy cursed and dragged us into a room, dropping us roughly onto the ground.

I scrambled upright, eyes darting around the room. We were in the cell block, with barred rooms on each side of the far wall and a room in the middle with the door dented and leaning off its hinges. My eyes widened and I stumbled back a step, narrowly missing the figure lunging through the air and landing on the deputy.

I let out an ear-splitting scream. I was paralysed with fear, rooting to the spot as I watched on with wide eyes as the figure slammed the fake deputy into a nearby desk, a sickening crunch coming from the mans back before the figure turned and threw the man across the room.

I was experiencing difficulty swallowing as I watched. It was a strange thing to notice, but my dry mouth and aching throat drew in my attention, and I made multiple attempts to swallow that only ended in harsh coughing.

Stiles grabbed my arm and hauled me across the room to hide behind the desk and I followed numbly. I still couldn't move my body, my limbs feeling heavy as I stared open mouthed and wide eyed at the figure and deputy fighting.

I saw the fake deputy's arm shoot forward, the syringe in hand, but the figure stopped him, catching his arm and bending it backwards until there was a crack and the deputy dropped the syringe. I stared at the discarded weapon, feeling panic rise inside me. That syringe had been for Isaac. He had tried to use it on this, figure, which meant...

I watched in dread as the figure slammed the fake deputy's head against the wall, the man's eyes rolling back as he slumped to the floor, and slowly turn around. It was Isaac. He was wearing the same clothes, and though his face looked disfigured, with glowing yellow eyes and sharp teeth, I'd recognise his curly hair anywhere.

The sound of glass shattering caught my attention and my gaze darted to Derek, who had arrived and stomped on the syringe, destroying it. Isaac's gaze also went to Derek, though it quickly strayed to Stiles and me. Mainly me.

His eyes locked onto me as he started stalking forward with the lethal grace of a predator, letting out an animalistic growl. My breath hitched as I finally regained control of my body, shuffling backwards until my back hit the wall. Still, Isaac advanced, his yellow eyes narrowing to slits as he stared at me. His prey.

"Derek do something!" Stiles demanded, voice panicked when Isaac shoved the desk to the side to get better access to me.

I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for my impending doom, shoulders tense and body as small as I could make it pressed up against the wall, but nothing happened. Instead there was the sound of feet scuffling on the floor and then a deafening roar, the sound echoing around the room.

My eyes flew open just in time to see Derek's mouth open, the last of the howl leaving him as his eyes glowed a vivid red. My gaze darted to Isaac where I found him shrinking into himself against the wall, his hands covering his face.

Slowly, a shaky Isaac tore away his hands to reveal a human, normal face, with his familiar blue eyes and pale skin. There was sweat all over his forehead as he trembled, eyes wide and scared.

"How did you do that?" I managed to choke out, eyes refusing to leave Isaac's figure.

Derek glanced at me, the first time he'd ever acknowledged me without a glare. "I'm the Alpha."

Isaac's gaze darted to me fearfully when I spoke, and it stayed there, horror plastered across his face as he looked at me. I tried to smile at him, but it came out as a grimace so I just looked away, feeling my throat close up.

Derek started talking to Stiles about the dwindling amount of time they had, and I inched closer to Isaac, slowly shuffling my feet until I was a mere metre away from him. He shrank back further, if that was even possible, and avoiding eye contact with me.

I crept a little closer and cautiously raised my hand out to him, but he flinched, pressing himself closer to the wall.

"Get away from me," he whispered. "I'll hurt you."

I withdrew my hand but stayed where I was, observing Isaac carefully. "You seem pretty in control right now."

Isaac stared up at me in doubt. "You're not afraid of me."

I let out a humourless laugh. "Oh I'm terrified, but I know that was the werewolf part of you, not the human part."

An impatient huff made me turn my attention to Derek, who once again fixed me with a glare. "I hate to interrupt you love birds, but we've got to go."

I flushed, taking a few steps back as Isaac got up, trailing behind Derek as he ushered him out of the room. Just in time too, because only minutes later a trio of cops entered the room, Noah at the head. Stiles and I looked to the broken door, the unconscious fake deputy, and each other before turning to the cops, pointing to the unconscious man while stating:

"He did it."

A/N:

sorry i didn't update for so long i was on holiday and forgot to tell ya'll 😅

anyway hope you enjoyed the chapter <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 4.1K 26
I'm the other Argent...yes I am the little sister of Allison Argent. I'm also apart of Scott's pack...which is stressful when you're the youngest out...
6.1K 176 21
Katherine Lightwood the girl who left Beacon Hills a year ago with her family try to control her powers. She left her best friends Scott Mccall and...
448K 17.5K 25
"I've always found you kind of heartless." "What's the point of having a heart if it doesn't even work?" โ— โ— โ— With Derek turning teens left and righ...
88.8K 2.2K 14
[CHAPTERS 1-7 REWRITTEN AND REPUBLISHED, JANUARY 18th, 2022] [REWRITING IN PROCESS, STORY SUBJECT TO CHANGES] Violet Argent, Allison's cousin ar...