Re:Librarian

By TediousBison

Y/N Abedne was by all accounts a bookworm. It was the exact fact that lead him to getting a job in a library... More

Chapter 1 The New World
Chapter 3 Incident With Felix
Chapter 4 Day Off
Chapter 5 The Power of Alchemy
Chapter 6 Healers Care
Chapter 7 The Mansion

Chapter 2 Crusch & Her Negotiation

1.3K 83 33
By TediousBison

.

.

.

.

The axe Y/N possessed certainly looked unique. It's head was long with a long beard that made it as a whole take up about half of the length of the shaft it was on. The shaft had a pointed metal tip.

The axe seemed to be made of gold, both the head and shaft. The head as two lines of blue just behind the blade.

He swung it with enough force to easily sever an arm and possibly chop someone in half, however I easily blocked it.

After blocking the axe I quickly moved my sword upwards and threw him off balance before I hit him in the side with the sheathed blade.

Judging by the fact he fell tumbled left a few feet away I think I hit him with too much force, again. I have been trying my best to hold back.

"Fuck." I heard him mutter as he got up grimancing a little as he touched where I hit.

"Sorry, I have been trying to hold back." I apologized to him.

He waved it off, "Look on the bright side, continue like this not only will my endurance get better, but getting hit by others will feel like a breeze."

"Maybe we should call it here, I don't want Lady Karsten thinking I abuse my apprentice." I told him as I looked at his body that had five bruises.

Two on his ribs, one on the side the other in the middle. Two on his left arm while his right forearm had one.

My eyes trailed to his right arm, it had strange red marking on it in the shape of lines. The strange part of it was the faint hum of mana it had, however when I asked him about it he shrugged saying it was just there and he never had a problem with it.

Its not hurting him it seemed. But it still may be of concern nonetheless.

"So you admit it." Y/N said with a teasing grin.

I sighed, "Maybe introducing you to Felix was a bad idea."

"Nyope." Y/N decided with a grin.

Atleast he was feeling more comfortable around me. Most people are intimadated about my title and power and keep away. While most who stick around are usually respectful. Their are a few who are exceptions like Y/N, but none were quite as... laidback as him.

"Maybe seeing Felix is a good idea." I heard Y/N mutter.

Of course like a good friend I used this oppertunity to mess with him, "Oh, wanting to see him already?"

Y/N looked at me suprsied and with a light blush, "Hey I am into females!"

"Things change for everyone." I told him patting his shoulder.

He stuttered out something as I laughed. He huffed and crossed his arms, "Since when did you get a sense of humor?"

"I always had one." I told him rolling my eyes.

It is truly nice to have a friend that is willing to joke around with me.

.

.

.

Reinhard really hits hard even when holding back. Sword Saint using a sword would be dangerous regardless of whether it was sheathed or not.

Ugh, makes me dread having to fight his mother if that gets to it. Just gotta do my best to train hard. If I get to a point where I can rival Reinhard then I will have substantially less worries. Well so long as I am not bound by the laws of nations.

Also got to figure out what this tattoo is. The markings remind me of the ones on EA's blade. But my arm isn't EA, so what's the deal? They weren't there before I got here, and I only noticed them the first time I took my long sleeve shirt off.

Now for the real question. Since when did Reinhard tease people? And why's he think I have thing for Felix?

Sure the cat 'girl' is really cute, and he's one of the few character I wouldn't mind being gay for...

Nope.

But what other choice is there here in this world. Appearently theirs a lot of loli's and I am not a lolimancer.

Crusch, green was my second favorite color.

Anastasia is greedy and I could see her being a yandere should feelings for a person develop in her.

The bitch canidate is not an option in anyway. Simply don't like her. But considering I am Reinhard's unoffical apprentice I will likely have to be respectful otherwise his reputation may suffer.

Think of this. Keep that in mind. Remember that.

All this crap is annoying. I prefered being a librarian. Damn bitch ass manager should have listened when I told her I smelled something weird, but no she just laughed in my face. But I was right so I will take that satisfaction even if it meant I had to die. Knew it was a gas leak.

"Sir Y/N?" Emrie asked and I turned to see her peaking her head into my room.

"Yes ma'am?" I asked her.

Once again she giggled, "The carriage is waiting out front."

Right I need to meet Crusch today and see if she will allow Felix to train me in water magic. She'll likely ask for something in return. I am horrible at negotiating so lets just pray.

.

.

.

"Who are you again?" I asked crossing my arms.

Crusch sighed putting a hand on her forehead. "I am Crusch Karsten one of the royal canidates for the throne of Lugunica."

"Right." I nodded and was about to ask the same question when Felix spoke up.

"How about you stop messing with my lady?" Felix told me and I sighed.

"It was fun though." I laughed.

"Y/N you do remember why we are here right." Reinhard asked me. "Please show respect to Lady Karsten."

I sighed finally deciding to get serious, "Very well, I have had my fun."

I turned to Crusch and looked her in the eyes, "Lady Karsten, I am Y/N Abedne, aspiring mage, it is a pleaure to make your aquaintance."

"Well I am glad you finally decided to be serious." Crusch said looking me up and down with a serious expression.

Even with her serious expression, which suprisingly didn't bother me, which helped me in messing with her, I still found her beautiful. Quite frankly who woulnd't find her beautiful?

"Felix I think someone's beat you the beauty department." I said without thinking, only to quickly cover my mouth.

"If it was anyone else I'd be upset." Felix replied grinning as he knew I didn't actually intend to say that.

"If you came her with romantic intent then I suggest you leave now." Crusch told me seriously.

"Nah- No ma'am." I waved off, "the only way I get with anyone is if they propose, and I don't think you'll be doing that."

Crusch stared at me for a moment realizing I was telling the truth, and she knew that she wouldn't propose to me. Well I think she'd know that about herself.

"Let us start talking about you." Crusch said as she leaned her head onto her intertwined hands.

"Oh, so one of us does possess interest~." I laughed, I should really be serious.

"Y/N please, as my apprentice." Reinhard told me.

"Just had to pull that card." I sighed shaking my head. "Very well. Lady Carsten I wish to know if you'd allow Felix to train me in water magic, I am fully ready to repay you or her for such a thing. But you should know I currently possess no money or things of value, the only thing I could provide is my own body and the things I willing to put it through."

"Straight forward and honest." Crusch muttered quietly, "I have been informed you have a rather unique ability."

"My personal library." I nodded. "If you are looking for a book then I am afraid it wont be of use as all are in my native tounge, which I doubt you know."

"Could you summon one?" Crusch asked me, I suppose I will have to give her proof.

"Any specific subject?" I asked her not wanting to decide myself.

"Lets go with fairy tales." She decided which suprised me a little.

The first book to come to mind would be Grimms' Tales for Young and Old, but I am not summoning that book. Do not need or want to know those tales.

After a moment of thought I extended my and golden portal opened dropping a book in my hand. The book itself was golden, even the papers. The cover had a simple golden crown on it with the words The Tale of King Midas written around it.

"This is the tale of King Midas." I said setting the book on Crusch's desk sliding it towards her as I processed the information that rushed to my head.

"King Midas?" Crusch asked as she picked the book up and started to flip through it, a look of confusion on her face as she couldn't read the pages.

"In short after helping a god the god granted him a wish, to which he requested anything he touch be turned into gold, which ultimately was the peril of his daughter and himself." I summarized for the royal canidate.

"How so?" Felix asked curiously.

"First he turned his own daughter into a golden statue, and in the end the same happened to himself." I answered. "He would've died of dehydration before that though since even food and drink turned to pure gold. A lesson about greed and caution when it comes to wishes."

"It does sound like it would be." Crusch said putting the book down. "If you don't mind I have a few questions."

"Go ahead at your pace." I told her.

She nodded, "Why do you wish to train with my knight?"

"Why would anyone wish to train?" I asked her before answering myself, "To get stronger of course."

"While that much is obvious I want to know why you requested my knight in particular, surely your master could find another mage to tutor you without you owing a royal canidate a favor." Crusch said and I internally sighed.

Jeez, why do I have to be so specific? But I should've expected this from Crusch I suppose.

"Ignoring the fact that besides Reinhard, Felix is the closest thing I have to a friend in this city." I said musing for a moment, "...I guess their is a slightly selfish reason behind it." I admited getting even more attention from all three. "Well selfish or personal, depends on your view of it."

"Nyand do tell, meowhat nyis nyur 'personyal' reason nya~?" Felix asked me now fully intrigued.

"Well..." I glanced behind me with a light blush and shared a look at Reinhard, who for a moment looked confused before he connected the dots.

"Oh, is it because what we talked about earlier?" Reinhard asked me for clarification.

"Yes." I nodded hoping he got what I was asking for.

He nodded, "I could see why you would like to keep that to yourself until you decided to reveal it." He turned towards Crusch and Felix, "Ms Karsten, Felix, I can assure you that his personal reason is not one that contains any malice towards you or Felix."

"Are you certain?" Crusch asked him.

"Without a doubt." Reinhard nodded and Crusch stared for a moment before nodding.

"Very well." She sighed, "I cannot force you divulge any information you wish to keep close. Is their any other reason you would be willing to share?"

"Also hoping I could develop a positive realtionship with Felix and yourself, more so Felix." I answered, "No offense to you Ms Karsten, but I just know Felix more than yourself."

Crusch hummed studying me, which was starting to make me nervous. Her eyes were so analytical. It was almost as if she was reading me like a book. I don't doubt she realized the personal reason I have. Given that neither her or Reinhard's authority went off that means I do very well have a thing for Felix... huh.

"While beautiful your eyes do make me nervous Crusch." I told her shifting a little.

"Do you have a reason to be nervous?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"A pretty lady studying me as if i was a book is reason enough to be nervous." I chuckled, "Considering I am antisocial."

"Last question." She finally stated, "Why should I allow you to train with my knight? I understand you two are... aquaintences, but that alone is far from a good reason. It only reasons as to why you would think of him for said task."

I thought about it. What benefit would she have for letting this happen. The only reason she may be entertaining this is because Reinhard, but he can't really help me for this answer, besides she's not asking him.

"Well as I said, I currently possess neither great power that would be of benefit nor wealth that could be of payment." I admitted, "But that is currently, you could think of this as an... investment of sorts."

"I could see how that would be benefical." She admitted. "But you are aware of the interest of such an investment, are you not?"

I sighed, "The only time a woman is interested in me." Felix a little while Reinhard sighed. "Yes I am, what is the interest rate?" I asked her.

"How long do you think it'd be for you to reach an... adequate potential." She asked me.

"My~ looking to take advantage of a poor boy. Didn't know you were like that duchess." I teased and saw a very faint dusting of pink on her cheeks.

"That's not what I meant and you know it." She said quickly.

"Sure~" I said cheekily.

She huffed, "I suppose I could allow Felix to train you for a few days, as a trial period for now."

"Thank you Lady Karsten." I thanked her bowing slightly.

.

.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418K 10.2K 103
(Y/N) (L/N) is a strange person, one who always strives to help just about anyone. Yet he always seeks a master for some reason, some say he was a lo...
16.5K 970 13
(sorry but this AU is dropped due to complicated storyline and such) (Fabruary 24 update! This story is now currently being edited and rewritten! 7 c...
246K 3.7K 27
Y/n L/n was treated like the scourge of his world, and all because he lacks any superpower or super abilities. His parents abandoned him, people beat...
10K 352 15
This is gonna be my first story, so hope you like it . The story is gonna be about Feldway, not the Feldway we know, and hate. But when he was acqui...