Quench My Fire

By Riadreame7

#1 in Adultromance🤭 "She's messing up with my brains again!" Stefano shut his eyes tightly and took a deep b... More

prologue
Chapter 1: My devilish Sister
Chapter 2: What happened at New York?
Chapter 3: What happened 8 years ago?
Chapter 4: getting the appointment with the devil
Chapter 5: Meeting Castillo and Genrich
Chapter 6: The wine tasting party
Chapter 7: The heat at the party
Chapter 8: Meeting Face to face at the Conference room
Chapter 9: The Gala
Chapter 10: Dancing with the devil
Chapter 11: Presenting another Sketch
Chapter 12: What is she doing to me?
Chapter 13: Preparing her favorite
Chapter 14: Locking eyes
Chapter 15: Shutting the building early
Chapter 16: The Last Presentation
Chapter 17: fighting the devil in me
Chapter 18: I owe her no apology
Chapter 19: The Cafeteria
Chapter 20: is it jealousy?
Chapter 21:Encounter with Coco Winks
Chapter 22: Cassandra being Cassandra
Chapter 23: A night to remember
Chapter 24:I'm Sorry
Chapter 25:The Kiss
Chapter 26:The hang over
Chapter 27:Achilles
Chapter 28: Conflicting heart
Chapter 29:Venice
Chapter 30: The Russo's Wedding
Chapter 31:Forgiveness
Chapter 32:Breaking Balls
Chapter 33: I want the ache
Chapter 34:Ripped
Chapter 35:Embedded deep
Chapter 36: HAY
Chapter 37: Ludovica
Chapter 38: The Revelation
Chapter 39:I miss him
Chapter 40:No way out
Chapter 41: His Repression
Chapter 42: Her Confession
Chapter 43: Enraptured
Chapter 44: Cinque Terre
Chapter 45: The Visit
Chapter 46:Are you here to stay?
Chapter 47: Her mother
Chapter 49:The Award Ceremony
Chapter 50:HAPPY
Chapter 51:The After Party
Chapter 52:Impulse
Chapter 53:Breakfast
Chapter 54:Truth game
Chapter 55:Greece
Chapter 56:Best Gift
Epilogue
THE BILLIONAIRE SCANDAL

Chapter 48: She was hurting

98 12 5
By Riadreame7

Never neglect your mother no matter how much you argue cos in the end she's still your mother and if you lose her, you will not get another.

Bianca

At The Angel Hospital (Ospedale dell'Angelo), Venice.

"Ruby calm down" Stefano laced his fingers with mine smiling at me to ease my tension.

Immediately I got the news, he took me in his jet despite my refusal and brought me here At Venice.

A UTV transported us up here at the Ospedale hospital where my Aunt said she was admitted.

I looked at the scribbled letters plastered on the beige walls of the hospital again...this hospital is mainly for the cancer patients so what's she doing at a place like this?

Getting inside the hospital, I hastened my step towards the first nurse I see at the lounge before snapping my fingers on the table for her immediate attention

"Where is my mo-... Emilia- Emilia Bennett!" My voice was sharper than I intend to as Stefano squeezed my hands gently pulling me to his side.

The nurse was still looking at me in wary.

I furrowed my brows at her waiting for her response as she stared at me in confusion.

I was about to counter her harshly when Stefano held me together and came to my front.

"We're looking for a woman who was brought here this morning...Emilia Bennett..." He stated in his professional soothing voice as the nurse scribbled something in her computer. Did she not hear me before?

These nurses need to undergo tension studies.

"Room 27 by your right side Sir" she said tucking her hair strands to the back of her ears and bashing her lashes towards Stefano who was clueless to her flirtatious attitude....

she's lucky I had more important things on ground to handle right now if not I would have arranged her face properly and place her ass back on her own lane.

We walked hand in hand towards the room described.

The nearer I got, the heavier my legs got.

I rushed down with just a call and now that I am here, I don't know if I'm ready to face my Mom again.

It's been years I last saw my Mom...what she made me go through was unforgivable and I could not bear to look at her face any longer.

Stefano squeezed my hands gently, he probably noticed how nervous I was before pushing the door open and there is my mother laying on the bed, looking so pale.

I gasped at her condition, she's so lean and unrecognizable.

How long has she been sick and what exactly is wrong with her? I moved closer gently as she turned towards our side.

Her eyes grew big as she tried to sit up but I could feel the painful struggle in her effort.

I moved faster to help her sit. My eyes welled up in tears at the whole wires connected to her body.

How long as she been in pain?

"Lud...

Her voice trailed off as she looked behind me where Stefano was standing.

"Good afternoon Ms. Bennett" Stefano bowed his head as My Mom stared at him with this unexplainable look.

She gestured with her hand for him to come closer before saying "I'm - I'm sorry for breaking you and my daughter apart in the past" I tried to fight the tears that were struggling to fall from my eyes at the battle in my mother's voice just then the doctor walked in.

"Doctor...what's wrong with my mother?"

"No doctor...don't...

My mother coughed... The cough didn't stop as she picked the napkin at her side to cover and wipe her mouth and I didn't miss the blood that splattered on the hand towel. My heart bled at the sight as my heart beat faster...

Her condition is worse than I thought as a tear dropped from my eye.

I wiped it off before anyone could notice except for Stefano intense stare at me.

He pulled me closer to his chest, rubbing my back calmly.

She started to cough again... I tried to hold her to calm her down but the cough wouldn't stop as a nurse walked in briskly and injected something inside her drip before she could calm down and slowly I noticed her drifting away. How long as she been like this? My hands turned to a fist as I tried to hide it behind my sweater.

"You must be the daughter...can you follow me to my office?" the Doctor implored.

I could not leave my Mother alone as I glanced back at her with her eyes on me.

I could feel the pain in them...My mother was not an emotional person, she was so good at hiding her emotions but right now...the vulnerability was so visible as tears were clouded up in her eyes.

"Don't worry about your Mother, the sedative will let her rest now" the doctor said before walking ahead of us.

I watched my Mother close her eyes before leaving to the doctor's office with Stefano still clasping my other hand tightly.

"I'm sorry to see this " Stefano broke the silence on our way to the doctor's office as I tried really hard to control my tears.

Inside the doctor's office...

"Ms. Bennett, why are you just visiting since all these years of your mother battling with Pleural Cancer?" The doctor stated in a professional tone immediately we took our sit opposite of his leather seat.

I blinked my eyes severally... First, I didn't even know she was sick not to talk of battling with the deadly disease called cancer but it was not an excuse.

It was my fault for not making effort to visit my mother all these years all in the name of grudge.

"Pleural Cancer?" I asked again to be sure I heard correctly

"Not just any pleural cancer..." He paused his lips staring at Stefano then back at me " but Pleural mesothelioma" he added making me more confused.

I mean I don't know what that is but judging from his voice, it sounds like a serious illness.

"Pleural mesothelioma is a cancer that forms in the tissue covering the lungs and chest wall and I'm very sorry to say this particular cancer is a difficult one"

he clutched his fingers together resting them on his desk as I raised my brows in question at him...

"What-what are you talking about?" I stammered trying to find my voice as Stefano squeezed my palms calmly.

"She didn't report to the hospital on time...apparently the cancer had already graduated to the stage 3 giving it the access to spread to the lymph nodes and we've tried for these last year to put her on chemotherapy to fight the cells but her body rejected it all...and right now she's on immunotherapy but..." He paused and looked at me before saying "She's not responding to treatment"

My heart sink... I can't believe my ears as tears rolled down my eyes. I tried to say something but I could not even find my voice.

"What do you mean she's not responding to treatment... I mean there's surgery or whatever treatment it maybe... No matter the amount doctor...we'll cover it please save Ms. Bennett" Stefano spoke for me as I was struggling with my inner self...

Both of regret for neglecting my Mom and not realizing she was in pain till it got this bad is something I can never forgive myself for.

"I'm so sorry sir...the cancer has metasized to the other organs of her body including her lungs which is why she's coughing persistently."

"Exactly my point doctor...can't you operate and fix her up...don't worry about the price" Stefano countered the doctor. Honestly I'm glad he's here with me as I don't know what I'll be able to do alone.

"Nothing can be done again at this point except we keep her on a palliative treatment till her body give in...I'm so sorry" He said.

I broke down from where I sat and cried my eyes out.

I know I always tell myself that I hated my Mother but deep inside I know didn't.

I was just mad at her for not giving me enough attention and always blaming me for everything that had happened to her.

I love her...I really do and I can't lose her like this.

Stefano came to my side to help me up but my body was cold.

"I can't-can't lose her" I cried on his chest as he pulled me closer...engulfing me in a soothing hug and rubbing my back calmly.

I'm sure my tears already wet his shirt but I needed his chest right now.

I moved back to her room where her skin was so pale and looked so fragile.

What kind of daughter am I? What kind of daughter neglects her mother? I was at Venice some months ago and I could not even stop by... maybe the situation might have been different if I did.

I moved closer to her sitting at the next sit to the bed.

I watched her ICU monitor checking her body temperature before my eyes went back to her other free hand held together with a thermometer.

I laced my hands gently with hers staring at her sleeping figure.

"Predonami Madre" I muttered silently as tears prickled down my face.(I'm sorry Mother)

I should have been there... I shouldn't have let my anger cloud my judgment.

I can't imagine how lonely she must have been all these years with no one to share how she's feeling to.

"I can't believe I was oblivious to her sickness for years" I mumbled as tears kept falling carelessly from my eyes.

Stefano came closer to me...rubbing my back " it's not your fault it happened Ruby"

"It is...if only I was a better daughter" I cried silently

"Shh...stop blaming yourself okay?" He bent down to knee level rubbing my laps with his hand.

"Anyone could have acted this way... You were hurting" he stated calmly.

"But she was hurting more and I didn't see it" my two palms held her fingers tightly before I placed my head on it.

"I'm not sure I'll be able to forgive myself if anything happens to her" I wept silently as Stefano rubbed my back calmly...."stop saying that...Cancer is a deadly and irrefutable disease...you can't control it so don't blame yourself it happened" he said removing my head gently, turning to face him and holding my hands calmly "instead make the remaining days count..." He pulled me up and hugged me warmly.

"I'll always be here for you" he murmured pecking my knuckles.

I decided to ask one of the questions I've been pushing back since our arrival here.

"Have you forgiven my Mom?" I mumbled under my breath on his shoulders.

He loosened the hug gently, cupping my cheeks. "Of course I have...even before she apologized" his sparking gold eyes twinkled as his lips twitched in a smile " I forgave her the moment I won back my jewel" he said before pecking me on the forehead.

Please don't forget to vote, share and comment

Love you, Ria🍒

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 31.1K 49
Book #1 of "His & Hers" book trilogy Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #6 in Mafia 2022 #1 in Italianamerican 2022 #4 in Slowburn 2022 #1 in Hook-ups 20...
3.7M 86.2K 56
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Emilia, a mixture of Enzo and Elianna. She isn't afraid of anyone and is a headstrong force to be reckoned...
128K 3.3K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
5.2M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...