Astrophile (Paul Lahote x OC)

By cosmoh0lic

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 she falls in love with a wolf. ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ (paul lahote x female oc) (the twil... More

astrophile
prologue
Act I
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
Act II
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
Act III
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one

twenty seven

2.9K 85 19
By cosmoh0lic

࿔*:・twenty seven ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter let out a shocked laugh, "I'm sorry but what exactly are you on right now?" She exclaimed, pointing at herself.

"Me? The Red Wolf?" She started, "That's not possible." She declared.

"It's true though," Paul mumbled, nudging his head towards the mirror as he pulled her along. She followed him quickly. He made her stand in front of the mirror, moving away as she stared at herself, not sure what she was supposed to be looking for.

Suddenly her eyes glowed blood red, causing her to step away in surprise as she stared at herself, "Wha- how?" She whispered to herself.

Sam shook his head, "We don't know, if I'm being honest." He shrugged, "It's been a long time since a Red Wolf was born. There isn't much information about them if you don't know where to look."

Carter closed her eyes, as her head started spinning a little. She immediately recognized Paul's touch as he placed his hand on the small of her back, steadying her. She smiled at him gratefully.

Billy nodded slowly, "I can see this is a lot to take in. Why don't you rest tonight? Come over to Sam and Emily's house tomorrow. We'll explain everything there." He reassured her.

She nodded quickly, liking the idea of getting some rest. It would help her wrap her head around the fact that she was a wolf.

Jack stood up quickly, shaking Billy and Sam's hands before he gave Sue a quick hug.

Carter turned to look at Paul. He gave her a gentle smile as he caressed her knuckles, the action immediately helping Carter call down a little.

He inhaled sharply, "Why don't I pick you up tomorrow? We'll have time to talk too. Is 3 good?" He offered and Carter smiled immediately, liking the idea, "I would love that." She whispered quietly.

He nodded, bringing her hand up as he placed a small kiss on the back of her hand causing Carter to stop breathing for a moment. She never thought someone could make her feel this way.

And here was this guy who she'd just met. And he was already taking her breath away. She grinned at him before Jack approached them. She pulled away, letting the two men talk as she walked over to Sue, giving the woman a quick hug and thanking her.

She smiled at Sam, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow." She nodded. Sam shook her hand, "I hope so." He replied.

She turned to look at Jack and Paul as he nodded along to something her father said.

Sam followed her eyes, smiling gently as he turned back to Carter, "Don't worry. He'll take care of you. Paul's one of the most loyal people I've ever met."

Carter gave him a shaky smile, "I hope so." She mumbled repeating his words.

As she left the house, she heard Jared mumble to Paul, "That's the calmest I've ever seen you." He chuckled, clapping Paul on the back.

Carter chuckled as she heard Paul smack him on the back of his head.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

As soon as they got back home, Carter stepped out into the backyard. Her dad already had an idea what she was going to do so he quietly slipped upstairs, hoping to give her some privacy.

She quickly stripped out of her spare clothes, not wanting to rip them like she had her other ones. She stood still in the chill air of December in her undergarments, though the cold air barely bothered her.

She took a deep breath, exhaling slowly as she pictured herself shifting into a wolf. She opened her eyes, the sight of grey paws greeting her once more. She let out a proud huff, trying to coordinate her limbs as she began walking. It took her a few minutes to adjust and she slowly started trotting around the garden.

She looked up at the sky. The stars shined brightly. They had been at the Black's for a few hours and Carter suspected it was around 2 in the morning now.

She let out a howl before slumping down on the ground. She rested her head on her front paws as she admired the twinkling stars.

She didn't realise when her eyes shut and she snoozed off.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

"Carter!" Her father shouted, standing on the stairs with a disapproving look on his face as she startled awake, letting out a surprised bark.

He pointed to the stairs, "Go shower. Now!" He exclaimed, shaking his head before rushing inside.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter read the back of the cereal box as she scarfed down the contents in her bowl. Jack smiled at her gently, "Slow down, kid. You'll choke." He chuckled.

Carter shook her head, "I'm so freaking hungry. I feel like I could eat 5 more of these." She exclaimed and Jack laughed, "Yeah, that's the wolf in you."

Carter slowed down, her attention shifting towards her father, "Can you shift too?" She asked curiously.

Jack smiled sadly, "I could, once. Not anymore..." Carter frowned, "What do you mean?" She asked.

Jack looked at the clock, "When is Paul supposed to pick you up?" He asked.

Carter shrugged, "Sometime in the afternoon. Why?"

Her father got up, "Come on. I'll show you."

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter frowned as they entered the Reservation graveyard, confused as to what they were doing there but she still followed her dad nonetheless.

She watched as he knelt in front of a grave, putting down the roses he was holding.

As he moved away, Carter's eyes landed on the gravestone.

'Here lies

Olivia Fisher

Daughter, sister, friend.'

Carter shook her head, "Who's she?" She asked her dad, watching silently and tears gathered in his eyes. He sniffed slightly, "She was my imprint."

Carter's eyes widened.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

"I was sixteen when my parents passed away in a car crash. I wasn't a shifter back then since the Cullen's weren't in Forks, They came back every few years but during that time they'd left. Which is why none of the elders are shifters. Billy, Harry, Quil, but I was.

After my parents passed, I took a gap year from college and decided to go backpacking for a year. During the trip, I ended up meeting a few Cold Ones. That's when I turned.

When I came back, I ended up imprinting on Olivia. We dated for a few years. When we turned 21, I decided that I was going to propose to her. But right before I could pop the question, she passed away..."

Carter sat silently, watching her father closely as they sat next to the grave.

"How did she pass away?" Carter mumbled, quietly, saddened by the story.

Her dad wiped his tears away, "She had gone shopping with some friends and the store had a gas leakage. She was one of the few unfortunate ones who couldn't escape the fire." He explained.

"But then... mom...?"

"Your mother was Olivia's best friend. We knew each other because she had introduced us. When she passed away, Abby and I relied heavily on each other in hopes of moving on. Obviously, we became very close, but we didn't do anything about our feelings for a long while because we thought that would tarnish Olivia's memories. It took us seven years before we confessed to each other. And another two before we got married. Even then, we met with Olivia's mother. She told us that her daughter would love nothing more than to know that we were okay. Even if we did miss her so much."

Carter shrugged, "So, why can't you shift anymore?"

"When she died, I was so distraught and depressed that I didn't want to shift. Whenever I tried, I couldn't. Till now, I can't shift. No matter how much I want to."

Carter scooted towards him, locking her arm with his and rested her head on his shoulder.

"You must miss her, huh?" She asked quietly.

"So much. But I learned how to move on. And I learned to love your mom. I still do." He smiled down at her, brushing a few baby hairs away from her face, "After all, she gave me you."

Carter smiled at her father, "Well why don't you give yourselves another chance? I'm positive it will work out if you try. I mean, the second time is the charm, you know."

Jack flicked her nose, causing her to scrunch it up, "You cheeky little brat." They both laughed at his comment. Carter smiled down at where Olivia Fisher lay, silently thanking her for the man she called her father.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

As they had decided, Paul showed up at exactly three in the afternoon. As she left the kitchen, bouncing up and down in excitement her father shurgged, "You know, as much as I would love to be there for you," he tipped his hat, "duty calls."

Carter snorted at his actions as he opened the front door, the nervous face of Paul Lahote greeted them. The man smiled at his imprint's father and extended his hand, "Mr Darvill," he greeted, glancing at Carter over his shoulder.

The girl gave him a gentle smile, staring at him intently as Jack shook his hand.

"Paul!" He exclaimed, "Good to see you again son!" He chuckled, causing Paul to grin widely.

Carter guessed that he had already passed the father's approval test.

Jack's smile fell immediately, "Now just in case you decide to hury my little bundle of joy, remember, I have a gun. And I know how to use it." He said in fake cheerfulness.

Carter bit her lip, trying her hardest to not smile at the threat.

Guess he hadn't passed after all.

Paul let out a nervous chuckle, "Of course, sir. I understand completely."

"Well then, have fun!" He passed by Paul who stood still with a slightly frightened expression.

"You know," he tilted his head towards Carter who still tried to suppress her laugh, "I may be a shifter but fathers are scary and I can still die." He told her.

She burst out laughing, her face red as Paul smiled at her. Once she'd recovered, she leaned against the door, resting her head against it.

"Hi." She mumbled, staring at him intently.

Paul smiled back, "Hi." He sighed.

She raised her eyebrow, "You wanna come in?" She asked but the man simply shook his head, "No thank you. Maybe some other time. Right now, though, I'm assuming that you're bursting to find out more about your... powers. So shall we?" He offered his hand.

Carter squealed internally, a slight blush on her cheeks as she cleared her throat. She put her hand in his without a second thought and nodded, "We shall."

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *
Damn, I'm pretty happy with this chap yk.

I decided to give her pops a lil backstory because I wanna make all my OCs super interesting

Vote and comment ily all

Not edited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 252 11
forgive, but never forget embry call x fem!oc book i. of the clair du lune series post breaking dawn au © 𝖆𝖉𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖔𝖗 2024
361K 11.3K 43
when i saw you i fell in love and you smiled because you knew. ( paul lahote. ) ( the twilight saga. )
35.7K 783 16
When Tessa Mccall runs to Forks with her half sister and children from her abusive home. how will Charlie react to his childhood friend daughter's re...
188K 4.5K 40
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 a wolf and half - nymph struggle to survive in the supernatural world. Quil Ateara x F!Reader ━━━ © 𝐚𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬