JOURNEY TO LOVE [✔️]

By velvetydays

In the fast paced corporate world, Lucas Knight is the founder and CEO of THE KNIGHTS' CORPORATION. He is a m... More

MAIN CAST
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 1
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 2
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 3
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 4
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 5
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 6
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 7
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 8
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 9
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 10
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 11
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 12
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 13
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 14
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 15
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 16
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 17
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 18
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 19
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 20
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 21
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 22
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 23
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 24
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 25
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 26
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 27
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 29
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 30
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 31
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 32
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 33
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 34
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 35
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 36
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 37
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 38
NEW STORY UPDATE

JOURNEY TO LOVE - 28

63 6 0
By velvetydays

AMELIA KNIGHT

The beach was a paradise, with waves crashing on the shore and a cool breeze caressing my skin as I strolled along the sandy coast. Emily was giving Alex surfing lessons, mom was relaxing under the umbrella, and Lucas, looking all handsome, was far away fetching us hotdogs.

We were on a mini vacation in Miami to celebrate Alex's upcoming eighteenth birthday, and life felt like a dream with another happy month of our wedding coming close to an end. I couldn't be happier. Alex was doing well and seemed even more cheerful. I finally felt carefree and truly alive, and Lucas never missed a chance to shower me with love and affection. It was like living in a fairy-tale.

Lost in my thoughts about my husband, I heard a voice calling my name from behind. Turning around, I was met by a familiar face with dark grey eyes and black hair.

"Amelia ?"

Straightening my white midi dress, I replied haltingly, "Hello ! Do we know each other ?"

"It's me, Danielle... Danielle Harrison." That name did ring a bell.

"Oh my God ? Danielle ? Like from the high school !" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah. Wow ! You've grown up into a gorgeous woman." He said, his eyes glistened with amusement.

"You look great yourself." I responded. "You gained muscles." I said, amazed by the drastic change in his physique.

"I did." He smiled.

"So, how's life going ?" I asked as we walked together.

"It's going good. After my family moved to the UK, I continued my studies there. I recently came back and tried to get in touch with Lizzy and you, but there was a lock at your door." He explained.

"What about you ? Did your family move here ?" He asked, unaware of my situation.

"No, Danielle. Alex and I still live in New York, and sadly, my parents are no more. They lost their lives in a plane crash five years ago."

"What ! I am so sorry, Amy." He replied sympathetically.

"It was years ago, don't worry." I assured him.

"So, how come I got a chance to meet you in Miami ?" He inquired further.

"Well..." I trailed off, showing him my ring on my left hand.

"You're married !" He practically shouted.

"Yeah, I'm married to the Lucas Knight." I confidently informed him.

"Wow, he's a lucky man." He remarked.

"I'm the lucky one, believe me." I replied.

He wanted to know how, so I briefly shared the story of my life, from Alex's custody case to his treatment, and how Lucas and I ended up getting married.

"He indeed is a good man. I'm happy that finally you're happy." He said with a smile, sneaking a glance at me. "And I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. I don't have any right to be called your friend."

"Don't worry, it's alright. I'm sure you would've tried to help if you were here." I reassured him. Then, shifting the focus to him, I asked about his life and why he came back to the USA.

"I run my law firm in Boston. My partners and I just came to celebrate a big deal that we got." Danielle replied, sitting on the beach.

"That sounds amazing. I am so happy for you." I said, settling down beside him.

"A lot has changed. Life was so easy back then." He remarked, and I hummed in agreement.

As we were engrossed in our conversation, a clearing of throat interrupted us. We turned to find Lucas standing there with furrowed eyebrows. Although he didn't look angry, there was a hint of concern in his expression.

"Lucas." I said, getting up, and Danielle followed my suit. Lucas caressed my cheek, and I couldn't help leaning into his touch.

"Didn't you come quite far from the family ?" Lucas asked, making me glance around to realize his point.

"I am so sorry. I was just caught up." I whispered, noticing that Lucas's gaze was fixated on Danielle, and his hold on my waist tightened slightly.

"Anyways, Lucas, please meet Danielle Harrison, my friend from high school. And Danielle, my husband and the CEO of the Knight's Corporation, Lucas Knight." I introduced them. Danielle offered his hand for a handshake, and Lucas shook it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Knight." Danielle said, and Lucas nodded subtly. "Likewise." Lucas replied.

"Can we go back to the others now ?" Lucas asked me, and I nodded.

Before leaving, I invited Danielle to join us in celebrating Alex's birthday on the 24th. He gladly accepted, and we went our separate ways.

Once we were out of Danielle's sight, Lucas stopped and abruptly pulled me close to his chest. I let out a surprised squeal.

"What happened ?" I asked, taken aback by his sudden move. "Don't ever do that again." Lucas said, his voice firm and filled with gravity.

"Do what ?" I inquired.

"Leave, without my knowledge."

"But I didn't go anywhere." I mumbled.

"You weren't where you were supposed to be, and I was worried sick. And a high school friend ? When did you last see him to trust him so easily ?" He whispered, seemingly annoyed. I understood why he was so protective, given the history.

"I am sorry." I whispered, embracing him tightly, and he hugged me back.

"Let's get going before they finish your share of food. Don't blame me then." He teased, and we both laughed as we walked hand in hand, making our way back to the rest of our mini vacation group.

3 DAYS LATER
ALEX'S BIRTHDAY

The party was by the beach. The place was beautifully decorated. There weren't many people, only a few close ones - Sophie, Nathan, Wesley, Jessica, Leo, and our family. I had invited Danielle as well but he couldn't join us due to some work.

Everyone was dressed in casuals. I was dressed in a red knee length gown complimenting Lucas's pristine white shirt and beige colored short pants.

"Well...well...well. I thought we would be cutting cake tomorrow." Nathan feigned annoyance. I smiled, embracing him in my arms. He reciprocated warmly.

"Thank you all for being here. It really means a lot to me and Alex." I thanked them before walking by Alex's side. They raised their glasses as a response.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart." I wished him again. He pulled me in his arms.

"Let's cut the cake now." Lucas whispered, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Yup." Emily and Sophie enthused simultaneously.

As Alex cut the cake, everyone sang the song. He made me eat the first bite then turned to Lucas. Then mom, Emily and everyone else. We danced and sang to the music, enjoying for a while.

Once the party came to an end we changed and decided to go to a race track.

With Lucas, I entered the car as he drove us to our destination.  I was tying my hair up in a ponytail, when I was recalled of a call from Mr.Maionne. 

"I forgot to tell you before, Mr. Maione has invited you to a yacht party. He called to invite you personally. Your phone was out of reach so he called me." I told him.

"Why there ?"

"Well he said he is throwing a party for his trusted partners and has requested your presence."

"In that case, we'll have to go." He jested.

"Not us, just you. It's an all men's party." I replied. He furrowed his eyebrows, seemingly confused. I gave him a vibrant smile before he shifted his attention back on the road.

___________________________________________

Hey Guys !!
I am sorry for slow updates.
However I have multiple exams coming up in the months ahead.
And I am squeezed.
Please forgive me and stay tuned.

Please vote, it motivates.
Please let me know your views in the comments below.

Stay healthy !
Stay safe !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.5K 1.9K 80
You & I are one big It's complicated Leon King a young CEO and also the hottest bachelor in NYC. Girls throw themselves at him some just to be in...
4.4M 155K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
6.8M 81.5K 20
Now available on Amazon in ebook and paperback. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B4PK3JQ3 [Sample] As far as Elena Wilson is concerned, Kai Davis destroye...
5.2M 183K 35
Alexander Rodriguez. A powerful business man of the Los Angeles. He has it all. Anything and everything he wants. He is powerful and unstoppable. He...