My Story as a Horse Shifter [...

By joystargirl2

Book #1 of My Story as a Horse Shifter series. Book #2 Veronica's Revenge is completed! 16-year old Melody o... More

A.N.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A.N.
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 30

181 17 3
By joystargirl2

I followed instructions and waited for Mr. Martinez to tell us the questions, when I felt an arm brush against mine.

I flinched and got away from Max. I looked at him and saw that he was only trying to see the board better. He quickly mouthed "I'm sorry" before paying attention to Mr. Martinez.

"Alright class. Number your paper numbers 1-5 skipping a few lines between the numbers and then wait for me to say the questions."

I quickly numbered my paper as he told us the questions and we wrote down the answers on our papers. After a couple more minutes, he started collecting our papers. The test turned out to be really easy.

I felt someone looking at me and turned my head around to see Max smiling at me.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Mel, can I talk to you after class?" he asked, softly.

"Sure, but it has to be quick," I said, seriously before smiling at him.

I saw Mr. Martinez starting to input grades and the nightmare came back to me.

"Max!"

"What?"

"You know what. Now get away from me."

"Make me."

"Max, what the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"Doing what I should've done a long time ago."

"Stop!" I screamed a little too loud.

Everyone turned to look at me. Max's eyes were filled with worry.

"Mrs. Rodriguez, is there something you'd like to share with the class? Some students are still testing," Mr. Martinez said.

"No, I just had a scary flashback, that's all. I'm sorry, it won't happen again," I said, shaking.

He motioned for me to come to his desk and I walked over, nervously.

"Melody, are you okay? You're shaking and a little pale. Do you need to see the nurse?" he whispered.

"No, I'm fine, really. Thanks, Mr. Martinez," I said, trying to calm myself.

He nodded and I went back to my seat.

"Alright, then. I've checked your tests and I'm proud to announce that only one, yes ONE student got an A+!" he said, smiling.

Everyone started talking amongst themselves to see who it was.

Woah only one A+? Yikes, I guess this test must've been really hard then. I wonder who the lucky person is.

"That person is... Melody Rodriguez!" he shouted, with a huge smile.

I was shocked.

Everyone cheered and clapped.

No way? Are you serious?! I can't believe I did it!

I decided to erase the nightmare from my mind and just focused on everything else. I smiled slightly and went to Mr. Martinez who proudly gave me my paper.

"Congratulations, Melody!" he said, smiling.

"Thank you!" I said, and went to my seat.

"Congrats, Mel!" Max shouted, flashing me a smile.

"Thanks, I studied really hard for this," I said.

"Now, since you don't have anything else to do for the remainder of the class time, I'll let you talk quietly amongst yourselves for a few minutes. You may switch seats but you have to do it quickly and only once," Mr. Martinez said.

Everyone moved and I saw that a girl with blonde, straight hair and piercing green eyes sat behind Max.

Veronica!

"Hello, Melody!" she said, pretending to be nice.

"Hi, Veronica. Why are you sitting here?" I asked, politely.

"Oh, I just wanted to know if I could talk to you after class?" she asked, flashing me a devious smile.

"Oh? What for?" I asked, innocently.

"Oh, nothing much," she said.

"Well, I don't know. I mean I had plans before you," I said, meaning Max had already asked me to talk to him.

"Veronica, will you stop bugging Mel?" Max asked, protecting me.

I smiled at him and looked at Veronica.

"I'm not bugging her. I would never do such a thing, Max," she said, gasping.

He ignored her and turned to me.

"Mel are you feeling okay? What was that flashback all about? Did it have anything to do with your nightmare this morning?" he asked, worried.

"Oh, it's nothing. I'm fine, really," I said, not daring to meet his gaze.

"So, is your little sister's birthday party still on?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Of course it is. She's so excited. She's been really looking forward to it and so have I," he said, flashing me a smile.

My cheeks flustered and I was surprised that he still had his charm. He chuckled softly and I turned around to see that Veronica had heard everything.

She looked at Max and said, "Max, your sister is having a birthday party and you didn't invite me?!"

"Well, I was going to invite you before, but now I know that wouldn't be a good idea. I've noticed that you're a big bully who likes to turn people against each other," he said, looking at her with an angry look on her face.

"Come on, why on earth would I do that? I'm really nice once you get to know me better. We should go out to eat some time."

She quickly looked for a piece of paper and wrote something down.

"Here's my number. We'll keep in touch," she said, giving him a flirtious wink.

He grabbed the number from her and rolled his eyes.  Once she was gone, he ripped the up paper and threw it away.

"Some people just can't take a hint. Can't she see that I already have the most beautiful girl in the world sitting next to me?"

I giggled softly.

He smiled at me. I looked at him and got lost in his beautiful brown eyes. Everything seemed to stop whenever I met his gaze. It sent shivers down my spine. He had no idea just how he made me feel.

Just as he was about to say something, the bell rang. I carried my book bag and went outside. Someone gripped my arm tightly and pulled me somewhere. I turned around and saw that it was Veronica.

What does she want?

I realized that we were all alone.

She smirked at me and said, "I told you this wasn't over. Now Max will be all mine again. I knew he never liked you and he just can't resist me. He wants me back, Mel," she said, still with that ugly smirk of hers.

What is she talking about?

"What do you mean he wants you back? He was never with you. Plus, he's my boyfriend. He'd never leave me," I said, trying to reassure myself.

She grinned.

"I see he hasn't told you. Before he knew you completely, I was all over him. He started to like me and asked me out on a date. I said yes, of course and he took me to the beach. We had lots of fun and he even bought me ice cream on the way back. Then, he drove me to his house where we got in his bed and well... I think you can imagine where things went from there," she said with a smirk.

I was shocked.

"Y-you're lying! Max would never do that!"

"Max is mine and I'm not going to let someone like you get in between us," she said, glaring at me.

Then, she did something I never would have expected. Veronica slapped me across the face so hard it burned. She started kicking me and I groaned out in pain.

I fell to the floor and she kicked me in the stomach so hard I could barely make out, "Stop!" before I heard someone mutter something.

My vision went blurry but I could make out Max's face seconds before I got swept into the darkness.

I knew there was something weird about Veronica. She wanted me back. I made her promise to pretend like she never knew me after that night and now, everything was backfiring.

I wish I had never asked her out. I was different back then. Naive, impatient... nothing like I am now.

Memories of when she tried to get me in her bed flooded back to me.

You're such an idiot!

I ran out of class to see Veronica pulling Mel somewhere but I couldn't see where.

"We have to protect our mate from her," Sunny mindlinked me.

I was going to catch up to them when my best friend, Jason appeared.

"Sup, man. How's life?" he asked.

I didn't have the time though.

He knew about me being a horse shifter and I quickly said, "I'm sorry, I have to go save my mate. She's in danger. Come with me, I might need your help."

We took off running and finally found them by following Mel's scent. There, I saw Veronica kicking my precious mate.

"Veronica, get away from her! Go away before you see a side of me you'll regret," I said, boiling mad.

She gave me a scared look and ran to class.

I quickly carried Mel in my arms and Jason carried Mel's book bag. The late bell rang, but I didn't care.

I'll risk anything for my Mel. She's the love of my life.

I took out my phone and dialed her mom's phone number. After three rings, she finally answered.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Maria it's me, Max. Listen, we have a big problem."

OMG!! The suspense is killing you isn't it? Anyways, really sorry for not updating but I had lots of stuff happening during the summer. Ok so a lot and mean a lot of people voted, commented, or followed. Here we go. Thanks to rustycindy09, monique7897, weresforlife, and thesilverbrumby. Also, thanks guys because I now have...*drum rolls excitedly* 1.11K reads! Thank you all. I wouldn't be writing if I weren't for you! Also, Dustyrider_01, I followed your advice and put some action into this. I have to go now. Love ya! See ya!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.6K 2.4K 22
Raphael Cole is a lonely Alpha who has looked far and wide for his mate. With no luck finding her, he returns home from his journey to find her, to a...
844 65 10
A 14 year old girl named Sara in 8th grade starts getting bullied badly. No one wants to hang out with her and she has no friends. Her best friend, S...
64.8K 2.9K 25
Liberty is like any other 15 year old horse shifter. She loves to run and hang out with friends and family. But she doesn't want a mate. Until her 16...
349K 9.4K 60
"You're in my territory now, princess, and you'll abide by my rules. Is that clear?" he whispered in my ear as he backed me against the wall, his han...