Impassioned Psychopath

By silentecos

"I get jealous over anyone who comes near you. I Don't want to let you out of my sight for even a second, eve... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Four Years On
Chapter 2: Pinefall Island
Chapter 3: A vistor on Island
Chapter 4: Incounter
Chapter 5: Baby Austin
Chapter 6: Phone Call
Chapter 7: House Guests
Chapter 8: Reunion
Chapter 9: Roomies
Chapter 10: Off To Work
Chapter 11: Whore
Chapter 12: Ginger
Chapter 13: Nate
Hiatus
Update
Chapter 14: Amanda
Chapter 15: INSECURE
Chapter 16:Wingman?
Chapter 17:Ramon
Q&A
Chapter 18: MOM
Chapter 19: Confession
Chapter 20: Ethan
Chapter 21: Therapy
Chapter 22: Anger
Chapter 23: Fear
Chapter 24:Sleep Over
Chapter 25: Leo
Chapter 26: As Planned
Chapter 27: NYC
Chapter 28: The Mansion
Chapter 29: Few Months..
Chapter 30: Big Brother
Not An Update
Chapter 31: At The Hospital...
Chapter 32: Escaping
Chapter 33:Wishes
Chapter 34: Betrayal?
Chapter 35:Birthday Party
Chapter 37: Break
Chapter 38: Picnic
Chapter 39: Mi cielo
Chapter 40: Rage Blackout
Chapter 41:H&Z
Q&A
Chapter 42: Damage Control
Chapter 43:A Baby?
Chapter 44: Captivity
Chapter 45: Girls night...
Chapter 46:Day Break
Chapter 47: New adventure
Dear Reader(s)
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 36: presents

474 27 9
By silentecos

Zack's POV

"Something is happening with Amanda" Hunter commented.

"You noticed too," I asked.

"It's hard not to notice, she flinches when I try to get close, when I kiss her she always looks over her shoulder for some reason and although she speaks normally to me, she tries her best to not be in the same room as me alone. Do you think she got tired of me, does she have a lover" he asked taking a sip of his drink.

"Don't start overthinking, today is your birthday be happy and celebrate" I advised.

"How can I be happy when the woman I want to celebrate with is more concerned with talking to Brian than me-should I kill Brian-" he asked. I covered his mouth before he could continue.

"I can't believe how casually you are talking about killing people when we are surrounded by the press. What If someone is listening in" I asked.

He removed my hand from his face.

"Like I give a dam. You two have gotten closer while I was gone do you know anything? Give me the specifics of the dead body I should present to her. No matter what I do she doesn't want to open up to me" he pressed the issue.

I laughed.

"I don't think she is cheating, you were almost killed remember, that's bound to make anyone paranoid" I defended.

"Then why aren't you"

"Who says I'm not, It just doesn't show but when you leave my sight for a moment I start to panic. I'm very scared that one day I'll open my eyes and realize it was all a dream that's why I'm trying to enjoy all this whole thing while I can" I confessed.

"How depressing" He replied.

Skylar walked to our table and took a seat next to me.

"How's the party going so far," I asked Hunter trying to change the topic.

"I've been smiling so much my face might get paralyzed and I've been repeating the same lie about what happened to me over and over I'm starting to believe it's true" he joked.

Skylar chuckled.

"The pain of being the center of attention By the way Mandie told me what happened-her son seriously called you dad," I asked bursting out in laughter.

"Shut it"Hunter commented slapping my hand away from his shoulder.

"Oh, I think it's kind of cute. You should feel flattered, he must have been smitten with your handsome face "Skylar commented.

" there's nothing to be flattered by. The little brat was touching someone he shouldn't have"Hunter commented.

"You seriously really got jealous of someone who just said his first word," Skylar asked.

"Mr Craver a minute please" Some journalist called.

"Here we go again, I'll be back," Hunter said then stood up from our table.

Skylar sighed.

"I still can't believe how much Rai has changed" Skylar stated staring at Hunter's retreating figure.

"Is it hard interacting with him?" I asked.

"Kind of, I do try my best to treat him as I always have but it feels so awkward and scary. You didn't tell me Hunter was the exact opposite of Rai" She complained.

I intertwined our hands and put them under the table.

"You at least do try interacting with him instead of avoiding him completely. He's still kinda your Rai, you just need to spend more time together. How about going on a date with him" I asked.

She lightly squeezed my hand.

"I don't think I can handle talking to him alone. By the way don't you think it's about time we tell him about our relationship" She asked.

I chuckled nervously.

"You don't think it's a good idea," She asked.

"It's not that, I just- we've been dating for months now, I want to make it public, I want to be able to make out and do all sorts of stuff but the problem is Hunter" I confessed.

"You think he won't approve? But even if he doesn't you and I love each other we don't need his approval, he'll learn to accept us eventually. We can do it right now" She commented.

I removed my hand from hers.

"Yeah," I answered.

'Should I tell her'

"Uh where is Amanda," I asked changing the topic.

"I don't know, she's been acting rather strange since Hunter regained his memories. I wonder if they are fighting" she said.

"If they are, the fight is clearly one-sided because it seems to only be affecting Amanda. She seems so depressed but whenever I try to reach out she avoids the topic. I'm worried about her" I answered.

I spotted Amanda across the hall talking to the security guards. She looked really panicked, Hunter was on the other end of the hall talking to Steve, he seemed to be rather carefree and relaxed.

'Hmm, honestly I don't understand why she's giving herself such a hard time'

'Her behavior is starting to affect Hunter. I have to put a stop to this'

" I have a hunch of what would be bothering her. Excuse me for five minutes, I'll be back babe "I said standing up.

" oh alright "She agreed.

I walked across the hall to where Amanda was. I grabbed her hand as soon as I got to her and dragged her out to the hallway.

" Zack where are you taking me, let me go," She asked.

"Shh, I'm not going to do anything bad" I assured as we exited the building through the back door.

"Why did you bring me outside, it's so cold. If you wanted to talk in private there are various rooms inside" she complained.

I let go of her hand.

"Cause, the breeze is quite nice outside" I replied taking out a cigarette.

"What is this about," She asked.

"I should be asking you that question, Amanda. You've been acting so strange lately" I asked.

"I'm going back inside" she answered.

I lit my cigarette as she turned to go.

"Is this about Ethan?" I asked.

She froze in her spot.

"Wait, I was right? it really is about Ethan. Seriously Honey why are you letting that scumbag get to you. You know the way you've been acting is worrying everyone" I asked.

"You don't understand" she commented.

"Then make me understand, ever since Hunter woke up from the coma you've been nothing but depressed, you act as if you weren't desperately trying to get him back. Even he noticed your odd behavior" I asked.

"How can I not be depressed after finding out the identity of the man I had been going out with? I feel ashamed standing in front of Hunter and the day he finds out he will hate him. Do you expect me to be happy" she asked.

I grabbed her hand and turned her around to face me. Tears were running down her face.

"You've been beating yourself over that, You were a victim Amanda how many times do you want me to say it for you to believe me? He lied to you, he took advantage of your vulnerable state, if you want to blame someone blame me then. You were so depressed back then and your health was getting worse again but for a moment you were happy with Ethan so much that I let my guard down and let you go out with him. I can only imagine the pain you are going through and I'm sorry you have to go through this but you don't have to do it alone....." I huffed out some smoke

"I'm here and so is Skylar. Hunter is back too and you know when he finds out you were crying because of some dick head he will turn into a hound dog and sniff out the guy. Hunter loves you and I don't think such a thing will tear you two apart. If it bothers you so much and you can't bare it just come out with it and tell him then, it's not like you slept with the guy right?" I asked.

My last statement seemed to have struck a nerve, she suddenly looked angry.

"Tell him? Are you fucking kidding me? How could I walk up to him and tell him I was going out with his elder brother, the guy who killed my sister, the same man who caused his face to be disfigured, the man who wanted to take everything away from him? Do you think it's that easy? Do you think he will just reply with an OK" she screamed.

I huffed out some smoke.

"He hates his family more than anything in this world but at the same time, he has a burning obsession with you no matter what you do, to him, you can do no wrong. Telling him you went out with his brother will probably make him upset but he can never leave you, I know Hunter better than anyone else so take it from me." I said.

"You expect me to take advice from you when you are hiding things from him as well. Up till now you haven't told him you are going out with Skylar, you are afraid if he still has lingering feelings for her and he disapprovals of your relationship you'd have no choice but to break up with her. Does Skylar even know that the survival of your relationship doesn't depend on the both of you but one word from Hunter" She screamed.

I dropped the cigarette to the ground and stepped on it.

"Geeze you're being bitchy right now. You and I are in two different circumstances don't try to compare and don't try to spread silly rumors to Skylar" I warned.

"In what way are they different we are both lying to him because we are scared to damage our relationship any further and it's not silly rumors are they? that's how your relationship has always been with Hunter, if you had told him to break up with me no matter how much he loved me back then he'd have done it because he didn't want to lose his only family. It's no different now if not worse, you know more than I do that in the state you are in right now you'd do anything he asks you because you are terrified to lose him" She stated.

"I'm terrified to lose him again, Zack I don't want to go through that again and the feeling that it might come true makes me feel ten times worse. What if he can't live with it, what if he actually gets back with Kira, what if his feelings for Skylar are still there, what if he falls for another woman, what happens then, will he dump me, will he torture me then kill me or worse will he just act like we never dated. What if-"

"Amanda" I screamed lightly shaking her, she was starting to hyperventilate.

Her pupils were dilated, and drops of sweat were forming on her forehead. I wrapped my hands around her, she was shivering a lot.

'Things might actually be worse than I imagined'

I pulled away.

I sighed then put my hands in my pocket. I started walking, I stopped when I got near the door.

"You are right Amanda. If Hunter were to tell me to break up with her, I would because no one in this entire universe is more important than him to me, I'm not ashamed or scared to admit it, I am scared to lose her but I won't let that if, but and maybe control my entire life....... I'm worried about you though you seem rather paranoid lately" I commented.

She didn't comment.

"As a big brother to you, I should lead by example shouldn't I. I'll try to inspire you, "I said

"Oh and Some Words of advice You don't have to control your thoughts, you just have to stop letting them control you, you shouldn't let yesterday take up too much of today," I said then continued walking.

_______

"I am very happy, words can not describe how I feel to know that you are still alive, that you fought death and suffered, fighting tooth and nail to come back. As a welcome back present, I decided to give you a small present. I gift you a yacht, so next time you get trapped on an island you can have a way to come back home"The man paused.

"And for your birthday, I decided to gift you sports car, a number of them have been lunched over the years, I know a lot of young men your age like cars, so it was hard to decide so I bought various brands. I hope you like these little gifts I presented you. Happy birthday and welcome back Hunter "he finished.

Some VIPs at the party just couldn't leave their presents in a corner like everyone else, so they decided to turn the party into a contest to show off their wealth.

Hunter was made to seat in front of the stage while they passed through to present their presents. The majority of the guests were associates we did business with and some influential 'friends' we made along the way.

The story we decide on was partly true, Hunter explained that he lost his memory and how he was lost on the island. It was basically the truth just very sugar-coated.

"Is this seriously how rich people's birthday parties go?" Mandie asked.

We were just seated at our table staring at everything going on on stage.

"Tell me about it, he was already gifted a luxurious watch, a private jet, 7 million, some priceless art, sports cars, and now a yacht. I want a an extravagant party too" Skylar commented.

" There's also a mountain of presents in the corner" Mandie grumbled.

I laughed.

"I'll throw you a party like this too if both of you really want it" I commented.

"Really," they both asked.

"Amanda don't you want a party like this too," Mandie asked.

"Oh uh not really, the attention is kind of overwhelming" Amanda remarked.

"Amanda is right, this kind of party can be overwhelming and Hunter already has most of the presents they are giving him. Don't you see how miserable he looks sitting there pretending to appreciate all that junk" I asked.

"Sounds like you are just jealous" Mandie teased.

"Jealous of what," I asked.

"Of the fact that you didn't get him anything and everyone is getting him such expensive presents must tick you off. The media must be wondering why his best friend hasn't presented anything. I can imagine the drama headline they'll make up" Mandie commented.

"Shouldn't you be looking after your son or something? "I asked.

"He's asleep, why are trying to change the topic" She teased.

"Oh, Hunter didn't want us to get him presents. He said the only thing he wanted was a date with Amanda" Skylar explained.

"He said that but there is no way I'd let anyone outshine me" I spoke up.

"Huh, you got him a present," Mandie asked.

I stood up.

"Of course I did, I knew this party would be a way for these low lives to show off their wealth and I'm not about to let any of them be number one. I'm his best friend so I have to outshine everyone" I commented.

"I don't agree with your train of thought"Skylar confessed.

" is this going to be one of those it's priceless because it came from the heart thing because I don't think you can outshine a yacht and every other present he got," Mandie asked.

"You underestimate me, Just watch and see" I assured.

I started walking to the stage. The place got quiet as I reached the stage.

"Zack" Hunter called.

I smirked then grabbed the mic

"Good evening, everyone I hope you are having fun, I just want to thank you all for attending this joyous occasion. I am filled with unbelievable happiness that my brother is finally back home with us. He indeed has gone through a lot of things. I'm happy and proud that he managed to find his way back to us. he received so many presents today, I kind of feel embarrassed to give him my gift because it's so small but nonetheless, Hunter I have two presents for you too. One to celebrate you're return and the other to celebrate your birthday. Since you're the birthday boy you decide what you want first" I asked.

"I thought I told you I don't want anything from you" he reminded.

"Oh come on, I'm your best friend, I had to get something for you. Now pick come on don't be shy" I commented.

"You pick," He said.

"Alright, firstly to celebrate your return and your recovery I award you this. I'm sorry it's not that big" I said.

I took out an envelope from my jacket and handed it over. Everyone was staring in curiosity. Hunter opened the envelope.

His eyes widened.

"you didn't" Hunter commented.

"Of course I did" I replied.

I opened my hands gesturing for him to hug me.

He stood up and then hugged me.

"You couldn't just sit quietly, you had to one-up every present didn't you," He asked.

I let go of the mic.

"Of course, I had to. Now tell everyone what your big bro got you" I said.

I pulled away. He walked closer to the mic.

"You always go out of your way don't you, I really don't know what I did to deserve a brother like you. You all must be wondering what he gifted me. The envelope is small but it contains a written document saying I'm now the owner of an island. He bought me an entire island, not just any small island but the one that had been housing me while I had no memories of my past" Hunter announced.

There were murmurs among the crowds before everyone started applauding.

He turned back to me.

"I hate you just much as I hate the fact I have to smile and pretend we are having a nice conversation right now when I want to do nothing but kill you," he said with a huge grin

I laughed

"You're welcome and I love you too I guess we should do these kinds of parties often...I'd like to see anyone beat that" I commented.

"Why did you buy me an island in the first place. I thought I said I didn't want anything from you guys" he asked.

Luckily we were standing away from the mic so no one could hear our conversation.

"Yeah, I told you back then I'd make everyone pay for the way they treated you, I never break my promises," I said.

"So you bought it so I could blow it up? you really have reached the point where you have nothing better to do with your money. What is your current net worth anyway" He commented.

I laughed.

"Let's not get into details. I gave you the island as a present so do as you please with it. I won't interfere" I assured.

"Even if I decide to go back and stay with Ramon" he teased.

I grinned.

"Try that I dare you... And besides everyone on the island will 'relocated', by the time you arrive" I said.

"That island isn't small-you didn't kill everyone already right," he asked.

"Not yet"

He tilted his head slightly.

"Where is the second present then," he asked.

"Oh, right -Everyone while I have your attention I'd like you to meet someone special to me, a woman who has been my source of support and comfort, she is my joy and heartbeat. Everyone I'd like you to meet The love of my life Doctor Skylar Martinz" I introduced with a huge grin.

"Babe please stand up so everyone can see you," I said staring at the table she was seated in.

'Amanda, I'm doing this for you, I hope you realize that', I told you I'd lead by example'

I winked at Amanda who was staring at me in shock.

Skylar hesitated but eventually stood up, everyone started applauding, a couple of media houses started talking photos and all.

"So you finally decided to come out with the news," Hunter asked. He seemed unmoved by the news.

"Yeah, I actually did it for-Wait you knew"I asked.

He smiled.

" of course, I knew, we live under the same roof now. These things are hard to miss, I'm not ignorant "he commented.

" if you knew why didn't you say anything? You're not mad "I asked.

" why would I be mad, I'm happy you found a woman who makes you happy "He confirmed.

"I lied to you, locked you in a house and ran off on a suicide mission, and made you go through so much when I lost my memory, I'm the one who broke your trust so I won't dare ask for more than I'm receiving now.

So I'll just pretend not to notice all the lies and secrets, I'll just act like I didn't notice that Amanda's love for me seems to be withering. Every time I try to touch her or kiss her she pulls away, looking over her shoulder as if she doesn't want someone to see.

I'll just pretend not to feel the way I do, I'll try to ignore that since I regained consciousness my family doesn't make me feel wanted at all, I'll pretend they haven't been lying to my face sugar coating everything with lies and an ocean load of secrets. I have no right to complain because I'm the one who caused all of it, I'm the one who broke this family apart, this is just the fruit of my labor .I'll just take it as This is what I deserve and more for all my past sins. " He commented.

"We made you feel unwanted. Why haven't you talked to me about all this, Hunter you are not unwanted - "

"Smile, some people are taking photos of us" he exhorted.

"Why do you think I asked for this grand party? for a moment I wanted to be surrounded by noise, the warmth and gaze of everyone, to be pampered and spoiled rotten by a lot of people. I wanted to tell everyone to look at me and make me the center of their attention even if it was for an evening. I was silently screaming look at me, acknowledge me, I'm still alive, I'm back I'm right here" He said.

He chuckled then smiled widely and stared ahead probably looking at Amanda.

"Do you know what I realized after all this -in this enormous hall filled with all these people, I not once in my entire life have I felt more alone than I do right now" He commented.

_____

Don't forget to

Vote

Comment

And/or

Share ✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

982 25 37
"I saw the way he looked at you," Ethan whispered, his voice a low growl. "Do you enjoy being desired by every man who crosses your path?" Verena's r...
192K 6.4K 110
The phone started to ring, I got in and then picked up thinking it was dad. "Hello daddy" I answered. "Oh you've never called me daddy before, I have...
387K 12K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
448 17 28
'Well, will you be my girlfriend?' 'You're supposed to be on one knee, idiot.' I get down on one knee. 'Will you be my girlfriend, Skye?' She acts...