june and the blond boy

Von soundslikegarden

June and James had been neighbors since the fifth grade. After inheriting her late grandfathers home in Down... Mehr

June And The Blond Boy
April 8th, 1974
Itchy Sweater Of A Neighbor
Follow The God That Failed
The Eulogy Of Loren Whitlock
You Need Help Outta The Truck Too?
June's Shit Record Collection
Rich Kid Rusty
The Wrath Of Benjamin Franklin
The Nicest Guy You've Ever Met
Intoxication, Graduation, and Confrontation
Played and Betrayed
Overwhelming Emotions
June + James
White Picket Fences
I Could Never Hate You
The School Dance Of 1969
The Return Of Russell Buckins
'Ol Reliable
Standoffish
Lipstick Stained Smile
The Kiss That Almost Happened
Happily Ever After
The Direction of Combat Rock
Some Fuckin' Attitude
You've got a heart of gold, June
Core Memories

Perfectly Timed Interruptions

565 25 36
Von soundslikegarden

ᴊᴜɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏɴᴅ ʙᴏʏ

I swung the front door open to my house, instantly piping up,

"Houston, we have a proble—"

"Welcome home!" a crowd of voices spoke cheerfully. I doubled back in shock, my eyes darting up to find my aunt, uncle, and a few of the neighbors smiling at me.

"Oh, hi." I grinned, moving my hair out of my face just as I was shoved forward, and Hayden was dragging James through the front door, quickly disappearing somewhere into my home.

"Hi, Tracy, uncle Taylor." I smiled at them, panning my eyes over to the unfamiliar faces. "Mister and Missus Wilson..." I greeted the old couple, not having seen them since daycare on Saturday's in 1976.

It was understandable why they were here, considering I had no friends besides the two that were probably banging in my bedroom.

And as my mind drifted off to that place again, my smile faltered a bit as I turned serious. "It's really nice to see you all, and thank you for coming, but I'm not feeling all that great... I think I'll just lie down for a bit."

They all strayed off to the kitchen to eat whatever food my aunt had set out as I trudged up the stairs to my bedroom that I'd missed so badly. I expected Hayden and James to be in there, but they weren't. I'd caught a glimpse of James helping her out my window and onto the roof just as I'd entered. I ran over to the open window, leaning on the sill to see outside.

"What are you guys doing?" I half expected them to be sitting on the roof waiting for me with a "Welcome Home!" cake, but it appeared that they were ditching me.

"Oh—" Hayden looked back at me from the edge of the roof where they sat. "Sorry— um, yeah... there's some parties and stuff going on around the neighborhood since everyone's getting home, and..." she trailed off.

"Oh.." I nodded. "Am I not invited? Or..." I trailed off, genuinely asking.

Hayden glanced at James. "Um, yeah! You can come... if you want." she said slowly.

Stupidly, I agreed.

And that's how I ended up third wheeling the entire fucking night. It felt like we were trick or treating, the way we'd walk from party to party to see what booze they had.

I still had so many questions about Hayden and James. Are they dating? If so, for how long? Is it serious? Did he take her virginity? Did she take his?

I was sulking on the couch while James was probably taking shots off Hayden's body when his friend Daniel took a seat beside me, handing me a red solo cup of whatever cursed liquid they were serving at this party.

I wasn't sure if he and James spoke much anymore.

"Hey, June, right?" he sent me a charming smile. I nodded, returning the smile. "Danny." he introduced himself.

"I know," I giggled softly. "You used to hang around James all the time."

"You too." he chuckled deeply. "You guys still talk at all?" he asked, sipping on his drink.

"Yeah." I smiled. He gave me some sort of uncertain look. "Yeah, I've just been at college, and he's been here, so.." I trailed off with a shrug.

"Oh, yeah..." he nodded. He went on to ask me where I'd been going to school and what I'd been up to in general. We chatted for a bit and he seemed to get real comfortable when he scooted closer to me, placing his hand on my knee just like James did to Hayden earlier in the day.

"Y'know, you look a lot different." he spoke quieter in my ear, sending chills along my neck and back. "In a good way." he added with a smile.

He looked like he was about to ask me something until I felt a firm grip on my arm, pulling me out of my spot on the couch.

"Fuck off, Danny." James barked over the loud chatter and music. I furrowed my brows at his disrespectful attitude, smacking his grip off my arm. His hand didn't budge, only tightened it's grip, pulling me closer to his side.

"James, hey man! It's been a long time." Danny stood up, greeting his old friend.

"Yeah, not long enough. Don't fuckin' try anything with her." his tone stayed firm as he spoke.

"Huh?" I blinked between the two. "James, you fuck off." my arm was finally free from his iron grip as I moved away from him.

"What?" James hissed lowly.

"I said, fuck off. You've been ditching me all night and then the one time I actually find someone who seems to enjoy my company, you fuck it up." I shouted at him.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure he enjoys your company a whole lot." he said, glaring over at Daniel who had confusion written all over his face.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Don't make me spell it out for you." he leaned in, lowering his voice as he spoke.

I leaned closer as well, matching my volume to his. "Is that your fucked up subtle way of calling me a whore?"

James laughed. He actually laughed.

"No, that's my fucked up subtle way of calling him a whore."

I furrowed my brows, my head beginning to ache from whatever the hell was coming out of his mouth.

"How many fuckin' drinks have you had?" I asked, completely tuning out the party going on around us. Nobody had been paying attention except for Daniel.

"Not a single fucking drop, thanks for asking!" he raised his voice. I knew I must've hit home with that one, but I was fucking pissed.

"I've been a little too pre-occupied, focused on getting your co-ed ass home before—" he darted his eyes to Daniel as he said his next words, "someone else tries to."

I laughed in his face. "Really? 'Cause you seem a little too pre-occupied with your fuck buddy, who - might I add, is also my best friend that you've been ditching me for all fucking night." I retorted, pointing to the general direction of the kitchen where Hayden was distracted.

James' face fell. He looked me up and down before getting right in my face, close enough that I could feel his breath.

"Fine. But don't come crying to me, saying I didn't warn you when this jack-off fuckin' roofie's you." he pushed past me, shoulder checking me on his way past.

"Welcome back, princess." I heard him say just as he'd disappeared into the crowd again. My watery eyes followed him all the way into the kitchen where he approached Hayden from behind, attacking her neck with kisses.

And god, did I wish that was me. But it's not. I'm the fucking idiot standing in the middle of the room with tears threatening to spill down my face while everyone else celebrates.

I shouldn't be crying, I told myself as I wiped my eyes. Although I hated fighting with James. More than anything.

I stood in the living room for another moment, half-believing that he'd change his mind and come back to me. I almost did believe it when he moved away from Hayden, but it was only so she could pull him down the hallway.

Then, I picked my feet up and brought myself to leave the house party.

James' p.o.v

I felt like shit.

Absolute shit for what I said to June. I didn't mean it. I didn't want her to get roofied. I was angry when I said that, and I only stormed off just so I didn't have to see the frown replace her smile.

It was just like that evening in my garage. I let my anger get the best of me, and said something that made her heart rip in two, which only caused my heart to also rip in two.

I approached Hayden from behind, placing my shaky hands on her waist and leaving soft kisses on her shoulder, up to her neck.

She was startled by the sudden presence, but she eventually grinned and placed her drink on the counter.

I hummed in confusion when she grabbed my hand and led me down the hallway.

"What are you doin', Hay?" I chuckled softly, fully aware of what she was doing.

"Nothing.." she giggled, opening the door to a room and peeking in to be sure it was unoccupied before pulling me in.

"Woah," I was a bit startled as she swiftly spun me around and pushed me onto the bed. She bit down on her bottom lip as her hands lifted the hem of her shirt.

Was I actually ready for this?

"No, Hayden, wait— um..." I swallowed thickly, covering my eyes with my hand just as she'd exposed her breasts to me.

That didn't do any good as she pulled my hand away, gently pushing me so I'd lay on my back. "Hayden, I don't..."

How much of a fucking idiot am I? I practically initiated this thing with her, and now I'm backing out?

All we'd ever done was a few hot make out sessions that led to hand jobs, but that was it.

"Come on... I'm tired of always getting interrupted, aren't you?" she moved to straddle my hips.

No.

Somehow I was able to time those interruptions perfectly.

She grounded her hips against mine as I kept my eyes locked on the ceiling. "Hayden, you're drunk..." I almost wanted to shield my face with my hands, afraid for whatever demon would come out of her, hearing my words.

"What?" she hissed.

"Come on, let's do this another time, yeah?" I asked softly, hoping it'd be enough to convince her to get the fuck off me.

"I want you," she leaned to whisper in my ear, "right now."

I winced.

I'd almost given up when I remembered Junior was probably still in the living room with Danny, unless she had enough of my shit and went home. Otherwise, I wouldn't forgive myself if I left her in his hands to be harmed while her best friend was trying to bone me. I was pulled out of my thoughts as I heard the sound of a zipper, and I realized she was unzipping my jeans.

That was where I had enough.

"Damn it, Hayden!" I finally pushed her off me, zipping my pants back up as I stood to my feet.

She scowled at me, grabbing her shirt and pulling it to cover her chest.

Thank God.

"I said no." I said a little calmer, catching my breath.

She squinted her eyes at me. Jesus, how could such a small girl be that terrifying?

"God, you're such a fuckin' pussy." she spat, pulling her shirt over her head. "Call me, when you've grown a pair."

I only nodded, biting hard on the inside of my cheek. She was right. My defenses were down so low to the point that I didn't push her off of me before, or when I said those things to June. I am a fuckin' pussy.

I left the room before she could, scanning my eyes around the room in search for June. I needed to apologize, but it seemed that she was already gone.

on a scale of 1 - 10 how stupid is james

my updating schedule is so horrible omg...

thank you for reading! be sure to follow, vote, and comment your thoughts :)

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

61.5K 2.1K 71
San Francisco, CA. 1983. Anneliese and James absolutely despise each other, but they're physically and mentally unable to hurt each other; in which t...
4.9K 148 33
Juliette and Kirk have been best friends all throughout high school, until the age of 18, where they have to part ways. When they meet each other une...
10.1K 165 11
(This was my first story I wrote, it really sucks) You're just a regular Metallica fan of the 80's. you see Metallica is coming to your city, so you...