RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.3) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celti... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Volume 1-3 End Song

Chapter 35

345 11 1
By ZANE_555

(A Few Days Later)

Inside the Island of Patch, Ruby is silently staring at her mother's gravestone, completely lost in thought. She immediately snaps back to awareness to talk to her mother.

Ruby: "Mom... I don't know what's going to happen... my friends are safe, but I don't know where they are... I don't know what silver eyes are even about. I just..."

She goes to calm herself down before resuming.

Ruby: "A lot of... horrible things happened to good people... Heh, I guess Torchwick's pessimistic words have some truth to them."

Upon saying this, Ruby falls back into silence, staring at the gravestone, lost in thought once more.

_________________________________________________________________

(The City of Vale)

After meeting and checking up on the injured Velvet, Fox, Cardin, Sky, Neptune, who is bound by a wheelchair for time being, and many others, Y/N exit out of the hospital within the safe zone. As he does, Y/N ponder over the unexpected kiss on the cheek by Velvet and the warm hug he got from Coco. 

Y/N #1: (" I wasn't expecting that... alright, I'll need to check up on Junior's nightclub and then Jaune and the others. Going have to ask Glynda for their address.")

It took him a while but, he manages to make it to Junior's nightclub. Once he heads inside, he's a bit surprised to barely see anyone who work here. What caught his attention is the Malachite Twins, who are sitting and slump over the bar's counter. Y/N could spot the bandages around their arms, shoulders, and legs. He then goes to approach them. 

Y/N #1: "Girls..."

His word immediately makes the twins turn around to see him behind them and they quickly rush over to him, hugging him. Y/N can see them, tears rolling down their faces. 

Miltia: "We were so scared."

Melanie: "We didn't think we'll ever see you again."

Y/N offers them a warm smile to them.

Y/N #1: "Don't worry, I'm glad you girls are safe."

They continue to hug him as Y/N look around the nightclub before asking.

Y/N #1: "Hey, where's Junior?"

Right on cue, Junior walk out of the corner, holding a crutch with bandages heavily wrapped around the top of his head and one of his legs.

Junior: "You rang?"

Melanie: "Idiot, you should be resting right now!"

Milita: "Why are you up?"

Junior: "I should be telling you girls the same thing."

The nightclub owner turns his attention to see Y/N.

Junior: "Y/N? Why are you-"

Y/N #1: "I came to check up on you three. I'm glad you're all okay... for the most part."

Junior: "Yeah, well, none of us expected this to happen."

Y/N #1: "I'm guessing the Grimm attack this place and all of you."

Miltia: "We did the best we can to fend them off."

Melanie: "But we obtain some injuries before the huntsmen finally showed up."

Junior: "Now this place is in shambled, some of my men were killed, and... you get the idea."

Y/N #1: "I see..."

He looks around the place, now seeing some claw marks on the debris that a few employees are removing from the nightclub. Y/N then turn to Junior and the twins. 

Y/N #1: "Well, it's nice to see you guys are safe and sound. I should head out now."

As he turns around and before he can leave, the twins grab his wrists, stopping him in his track. Y/N look back at them.

Melanie: "You're just going to leave us."

Miltia: "What about us?"

Y/N ponder for a moment before speaking up.

Y/N #1: "I'm going to find the ones who cause all of this. I'll make them pay for what they done. For what they did to you, your home, everything."

Freeing his wrists from their grasp, Y/N turn around to face the twins and to their and Junior's surprise, he proceeds to hug them tightly.

Y/N #1: "I love you all."

Both Melanie and Miltia glances over to him before smiling upon hearing his remark, embracing the hug. In sync, the twins kiss Y/N on each of his cheeks, almost close to his lips.

Melanie: "F-Fine..."

Miltia: "W-We'll let you do that."

Giving a warm smile, Y/N replies back.

Y/N #1: "Thanks."

 After a few moments of hugging, Y/N lets go of them. Y/N then turn his attention to Junior, who watch this unfold and still surprised.

Y/N #1: "I'm sorry, Junior. I guess I won't be working part-time for now on."

The man let out a sigh before responding.

Junior: "It's fine. Just... just take care of yourself, okay?"

Smiling, Y/N nod to him.

Junior: "And since you're here, you want to buy something to drink."

Y/N #1: "Heh, sure. I'll have some fruit juice."

As he said this, Y/N take out his silver-colored flask and pointing at it.

Junior: "Alright, give me a moment."

After some waiting and chatting with the twins, Junior gave him a bottle for Y/N to pour on his flask. Once Y/N give him some liens, he starts walking out of the nightclub with the twins following behind. Now outside the club, Y/N stretch his arms before turning to the twins.

Y/N #1: "Well, I gotta go now."

Miltia: "Before you leave, I need to give you something."

Y/N #1: "What is-?"

Before he can finish speaking, Miltia quickly press her lips against his lips, much to her sister's shock.

Melanie: "Miltia?!"

After parting lips, Miltia look over to Y/N with a smile.

Milita: "I hope you come back safely."

In response, Melanie goes to do the same as her sister, kissing Y/N on the lips. After a few moments of kissing, Melanie and Y/N parted lips with Melanie blushing a bit as she locks eyes with Y/N.

Melanie: "I hope so too. So, you better come back to us, okay?"

Y/N lightly nod to them.

Y/N #1: "Sure thing."

After that, Y/N head over to one of the apartments in a building within the safe zone. Glynda generously given him the address he needed to visit Jaune and the others. 

Y/N #1: "Thank you, Glynda."

Glynda: "I'm sure your friends will be glad to see you... just... just be safe, okay?"

Before Y/N could respond back, Glynda immediately hugs him tightly, much to Y/N's surprise. Slowly, he goes to hug her back, wrapping his arms around her.

Y/N #1: ("She must be overexerting herself.") "I will. Just don't overexert yourself."

For a moment, Glynda let go of him, nodding to him before turning back to a destroyed shop, using her Telekinesis to repair it only to fail to hold it together. Seeing this, Y/N secretly activate his semblance, eyes red and all, using Glynda's Telekinesis to help repair the shop without her noticing. Once Glynda looks up to the shop, she's quite surprised to see the shop already repaired.

Glynda: "What the? Y/N, w-"

She turns around to find Y/N gone. Y/N, meanwhile, head to the apartment, while gathering the courage to meet them, blinking his eyes back to normal. Finally, he tracked down the apartment and after a few seconds, Y/N knock on the door. The door open to reveal Jaune on the other side, whose eyes went wide upon seeing him.

Jaune: "Y/N!"

Once he sees Jaune face-to-face, Y/N briefly exhales before speaking and bowing to him a bit.

Y/N #1: "Jaune... I'm... "I'm so sorry. I couldn't save her... It's my fault that she's gone and-"

Jaune interrupted Y/N, wrapping his arms around him and hugging him tightly, much to Y/N's confusion.

Y/N #1: "Jaune...?"

Jaune weakly replies back.

Jaune: "I'm really, really glad you're okay, pal. I don't know what I'd do if... if I'd lost you too."

Ren and Nora both appeared in the entrance behind Jaune.

Ren: "Y/N?"

Nora: "You're okay!"

The two of them then wrap their arms around Y/N, evolving the hug into a group hug. Trying to hold back his tears, Y/N smiles and embrace their hug.

Y/N #1: "It's really good to see you guys."

Jaune: "You don't have to blame yourself... for what happened to Pyrrha."

Ren: "You did the best you could... we all did..."

Nora: "If you want to blame someone, blame that woman. She's the one who tore down our school and... killed her and Penny."

Y/N #1: "Actually, that's just what I wanted to talk to you guys about."

Jaune: "What is it?"

Y/N doesn't respond only continue hugging them back.

Y/N #1: "I'll tell you guys in a moment. I'm just... I'm just glad you're all safe."

They all smile when hearing this and proceed with the group hug. Y/N looks over to see a full-length mirror nearby. With a blink, Y/N's eyes turn crimson red, glaring at himself before speaking.

Y/N #1: ("We're in this together. I won't let anything happen to them... ever...")

(The Island of Patch)

Back with Ruby, she continues stare at her mother's gravestone as she finishes reflecting her thoughts.

Ruby: "I want to do something... anything, because so many people are in pain but, I don't know what I can without hurting any more people. Please, Mom... what would you do in this situation...?"

Her question is met with silence as the wind begin to blow slightly. Ruby overhears some steps behind her and as she turns around, she finds Y/N standing there. A smile form on Ruby's face upon seeing him. 

Ruby: "Hey, Y/N. Didn't expect to see you there."

Y/N #4: "I was wondering you went. Am I... interrupting?"

Ruby: "No, no, not at all. Come over here." 

As instructed, Y/N walk over to where Ruby is standing as he looks upon the gravestone in front of him.

Ruby: "Mom, this is Y/N. My teammate and boyfriend. Y/N, this is my mom."

After a moment of silence, Y/N speaks up while crouching down at the gravestone to get a better look.

Y/N #4: "It's very nice to meet you. Your daughters told me some things about you. And Ruby probably told you about me... about our school life... and what happened recently..."

Ruby: "Y/N..."

Y/N gets up from his crouching position, his eyes still glued to Summer's gravestone. 

Y/N #4: "With all the good and bad that happened, I'm glad to have met your daughters and their friends. I'm glad to have come to Beacon... and I swear..."

His hands begin to fold into fists before resuming.

Y/N #4: "As their teammate... as their boyfriend... I'll do what I can to protect them... in any way I can..."

Upon saying that last part, Y/N place a hand on his chest, giving a resolved look before Ruby grab his hand.

Ruby: "You're wrong, Y/N. We have each other's backs, right?"

A moment later, a smile is form on Y/N's face as he nods to her.

Y/N #4: "Right."

After some light conversation between them and the gravestone, both Ruby and Y/N decide to leave for the day as it was getting dark. As they head out, the two glances back at the gravestone one last time.

Ruby: ("Talk to you later, Mom.")

Y/N #4: ("Thank you for giving me the strength I needed against Salem. Even if it was brief and it end with me splitting into four beings. Regardless, thank you.")

 As they're walking back to the Xiao Long/Rose household, Y/N spot a dark figure running past them through the woods. Realizing who that is, Y/N turn towards to Ruby, who is unaware of this.

Y/N #4: "Hey, Ruby. I'm going to check over there. See if Qrow is doing okay?"

Ruby: "You sure?"

In response, Y/N place a hand on Ruby's head, and proceeds to headpat her for a bit.

Y/N #4: "I am."

Ruby nod to him.

Ruby: "Okay."

As she said this, Ruby presses her lips against his lips for a few seconds before separating and running back home.

Ruby: "Catch you later!"

Y/N #4: "I will..."

Once Ruby is far enough away, Y/N immediately sprint towards the dark figure he spotted, heading to the same direction, which is on top of a small cliff. Upon reaching the top, Y/N spot the dark figure standing there before turning around to face him.

Y/N #4: "Done with your visit in Vale."

Y/N #1: "Yeah, I am. So, what about the other two me or us?"

Y/N #4: "From what I heard, one of them is heading to Atlas and trying to work in the Schnee Manor. The other one knows where Blake is going and is heading there."

Y/N #1: "Menagerie?"

Y/N #4: "Yep."

Y/N #1: "I plan on going with Ruby and the others to Haven. You, on the other hand, will-"

Y/N #4: "Stay here with Yang. Yeah, I know, we've been over this."

Y/N #1: "Tch."

The two Y/Ns glare at each other intensely in complete silence. Suddenly, they take out their respective Grimm Slayer from its sheath, pointing them at each other and putting a fighting stance. Soon enough, their blades begin to wobble bright red and draw closer to each other and pulling them in. Once they see this, their eyes widen as they quickly put away their swords. 

Y/N #1: "Well, at least we know how we become one person again.

Y/N #4: "Yeah, seems like it."

The main Y/N then activates his gauntlets while taking out Crimson and Violet.

Y/N #1: "Whatever that arrow Salem shot us with, it also split our weapons and our semblance too."

Y/N #4: "Good thing, huh."

Y/N #1: "The only downside is now our semblance split into four. Now only we each can mimic and amplify one semblance."

The main Y/N turn around and walk off as the other Y/N speak up. 

Y/N #4: "It's going to take a while to plan our journey since Ruby, Yang, and I will need some therapy for a month or two, especially with Yang."

Y/N #1: "Then, we'll just have to wait and plan things out while we still have time."

Y/N #4: "Then if I ever see one of me or us, I'll inform them about how to fuse back together."

Y/N #1: "Yeah... you do that."

Upon saying this, the main Y/N left the area, heading over to where Ruby went, while pondering to himself.

Y/N #1: ("I'm going to make them pay. Maybe... just maybe along the way, I'll find Christina... and if she's under some control by Salem, I'll save her...")

__________________________________________________________________

(A Couple Months Later)

It's now winter, Ruby and Y/N are now standing in the snow, each of them holding a backpack, while facing Summer's gravestone.

After a few moments of silence, they turn around to see Jaune, Nora, and Ren. 

Jaune: "Hey."

Ruby: "Hey, Jaune."

Y/N: "Haven's a long way to go, you guys."

Jaune: "I know. It's the only way we have. You sure you're okay, Ruby? I mean, you only recently finished therapy for your atrophy a few days ago."

Ruby: "I am."

Jaune: "And you, Y/N?"

Y/N: "Oh, I've finish mine already."

Ren: "The journey will be perilous... and whether we'll find answers at the end is entirely uncertain."

Nora: "But we wouldn't be here if we weren't up for it."

Y/N and Ruby nod to their friends.

Ruby: "Alright then, let's get started."

__________________________________________________________________

(Weiss)

Inside of the Schnee Manor, Y/N is giving his job application to Jacques in his office with Klein standing beside him. Jacques examines the paper for a moment before looking back at Y/N.

Jacques: "So, you want to work here, Mr. L/N?"

Y/N #2: "I do. After all, I would love to work for a businessman as brilliant as yourself, sir. Besides, who wouldn't want to work under the Schnee Dust Company?"

His remark makes Jacques smile as he looks back at the paper once more before giving it to Klien.

Jacques: "Klien, give Mr. L/N his uniform. He'll be working here as a butler."

Klein: "Of course, sir."

The butler then walks out of the office as Jacques turns to Y/N.

Jacques: "If you are willing to do some laborious work around here, I would love to have you stationed in my household."

Y/N #2: "Thank you, sir."

Jacques: "Hm, my daughter, Weiss... she requires someone to look after her under my orders. I take it you are up to a task like this?"

Hearing this, a small smile form on Y/N's face.

Y/N #2: "I would be honor, sir."

Pleased to hear this, Jacques extend a hand to Y/N.

Jacques: "Welcome aboard."

In response, Y/N shake his hand enthusiastically.

Y/N #2: "The pleasure is all mine."

__________________________________________________________________

(Blake)

In an empty road between some forests, Y/N has managed to track Blake since she ran from the others, unbeknownst to her.

Y/N #3: ("I can't believe I'm stalking her at this point. But if I just pop up right now, she'll probably flee and I won't be able to find her... okay, now that I say that, it's really weird... Hm?")

In the corner of his eye, Y/N spot a cloaked figure, watching and following Blake. His eyes narrowed upon seeing this hooded individual.

Y/N #3: ("Who the hell is that...?")

Unaware of Y/N's presence, the cloaked individual keeps following Blake quietly as Y/N silently walk over to that person.

Y/N #3: ("If they're working for Cinder, then...")

Swiftly, Y/N lunge and pin the person down, placing his hand on their mouth to keep them quiet. He then activates his gauntlets, preparing to take this person down. It's only when he sees the person's face that he realizes who this person is.

Y/N #3: "Sun?"

He then let go of Sun, helping him get back up.

Sun: "Geez, man! I thought you were going to kill me."

Y/N #3: "Shhh."

They turn their attention to Blake, who is looking around her surroundings for a moment before walking away. They both sigh in relief before Y/N turn back to Sun.

Y/N #3: "Look, I'm sorry. But why are you following Blake? Why are you wearing a cloak?"

Sun: "I'm following Blake because she thinks it's better for her to leave her friends behind just to keep them safe."

Y/N #3: "Yep, that definitely sounds like something she would do, considering Adam and... what happened to Yang."

Sun: "That's why I'm doing this."

Y/N #3: "So, we're stalking her... ugh, great."

Sun: "It sucks but, it's better than leave her be."

Y/N #3: "Yeah, I guess so... say you got a spare cloak like yours?"

Sun: "Uh, yeah."

__________________________________________________________________

(Yang)

Y/N is carrying a small tray of food and bringing it over to Yang's room. He knocks on her door.

Yang: "Come in."

Once he enters inside, Y/N place the tray over to the nightstand near her.

Yang: "Thanks, babe."

Y/N #4: "You need anything else?"

Yang: "Yeah, I need you here. Do a little chatting, please."

Y/N smile as he nods to her.

Y/N: "Sure thing. I am always here to help."

He goes to grab a chair and sit in front of Yang. They then have a brief chat with one another and unbeknownst to Yang, Y/N spot a raven, standing on top of a tree by the window. He stares at it for a bit before the raven fly away.

__________________________________________________________________

(Ruby)

The newly formed team begin their long trek, down the road leading away from Summer's gravestone. Ruby shoots one more glance back at her mom's grave.

Ruby: "Bye, Mom..."

Y/N: "Hey, Rubes! You coming?"

Ruby immediately snap back to awareness, turning her attention to Y/N and the others.

Ruby: "Wait up, guys!"

She then rushes forward to them, walking the same path, marking the beginning of their new journey. Meanwhile, Qrow is seen watching Ruby, Y/N, and their friends continuing on their journey. As he stares after them, the huntsman spot Y/N looking over his shoulder to look at him, nodding before turning back to talk with Ruby and the others. 

Qrow: ("Hope you do your best, kid. I really do.")

Qrow then holds up Ozpin's cane, before jumping from the cliff, morphing into a crow and flying off towards them. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 56 9
Finally, I've got around to this. Do not much have to be said for this volume but I really put a lot of thoughts and efforts into this and so I reall...
15.4K 274 14
This is a fan fiction that takes place after the main RWBY story, in a hypothetical future. Years after defeating Salem and saving Remnant. Blake and...
4.7K 93 17
This is a fanfic me and my friend have been working on since February of this year. He has an account on Fanfiction.net called purple27gamelord and...
156K 3.5K 71
he's here, he's there, he's everywhere, who ya gonna call? your cat friend Y/n! ( I don't RWBY or any pictures in this fanfiction)