Ray of Hope

Galing kay Tootsie_200

Raidyn is unhappy with her life, everything in it seems to be a struggle for her, from getting along with her... Higit pa

Stumbled Upon
Maybe So
Disenchantment
Foolish Games
So Dumb
Ernie
Vacant Pleasure
Second Chance
Dirty Secret
The Date
The Banquet
I Need
Blue-eyed Monster
So Sorry
Who Did It
Odd Day
Not You Again
Confessions
Almost Goodbye
Loss of Face
Monday Madness
Secrets and Lies
The Monster
Some Truth
A Night Out
Take the Pain Away
Make It Right
Hopelessly Muddled
I Still
Wipe Out
My Ray
Testing 1...2...3
THE Party
Not the Father
Surprise
Double Up
The Video
Happy Thanksgiving
The Roommates
Afflicted
Rude Boy
Forgive Me
Disorder
Christmas Eve
Happy New Year
Black Suit, Red Tie
Falling Away
Washington Here We Come
Humiliation
Always Her Way
Making a Change
Goodbye
It's Me
Chances Are
Truth Hurts
They Are Coming
One Sad Day
Long Time Coming
Forgiveness
Moving On
The Wedding
The Kiss
I Do

Home

130 1 0
Galing kay Tootsie_200

Two weeks later Raidyn pressed down her dark gray slacks, tucked in her white button blouse, and pulled on her matching jacket. Her hair was in a tight ponytail and she smiled, giving herself some confidence. You look presentable, not beautiful, but presentable. You need this job, can't be the girlfriend of a congressman's son and not have a REAL job.

She walked out bumping into her father "I've been meaning to talk to you..." he glared at her "That man doesn't give me a good..."

"Oh now you want to be my dad...it's been years since you worried about me. I can take care of myself and make my own decisions, thank you." she retorted walking away.

He grunted "As long as you're in my house, you will obey my rules. You're nothing Raidyn...he'll realize that sooner or later and your little NOVELA will be over!"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Celia yelled, wiping her hands on a rag. "That's enough Miguel...she is your daughter or have you forgotten. She deserves your respect too."

Raidyn grabbed her bag and stormed out of the house, wiping away a tear she took a deep breath. He wouldn't break her down. Not anymore.

                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick looked around, he smiled. He was back home now, in his own place. Not that Howie and Leah didn't treat him well, but he missed his own space. His phone rang and he quickly picked up the receiver. "Hello"

"Hey shit head about time you came back home. How about we go for a game of golf?"

He could hear AJ puffing on a cigarette on the other line "Sure, don't have anything else to do today." Nick smiled "I'll be there in thirty." he hung up and quickly hopped into the shower and dressed.

Exactly half an hour later he met with AJ at the golf course down the street. "Wow you're actually on time and not with your little love interest...wait big love interest." he snickered.

Nick cocked his head and tightened his jaw "That's not funny and if you're going to make jokes about her. Then I'll just go back home."

AJ rolled his eyes at his friend. The man had it bad. "Fine...come on" he placed his arm on his friend's shoulder "Don't be so touchy...oh did you hear about the banquet...?" They jumped into the golf cart and drove off.

                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raidyn smiled widely as she walked through the park, she took her jacket off and took a seat at a bench in front of the child-filled playground. Giggles and playful screams filled the air, the sun shined brightly and there was a subtle breeze. She stared at a young girl swinging, she had a wide smile, and long brown hair that fluttered back and forth.

"Come on Nora...you have to go to school." Raidyn bent down to meet her sister's eyes, who was hiding under the bed.

Nora nodded "I can't you wont be with me...nor mom and dad. I'll be all alone and no one will want to play with me." she began to sob "Please don't make me go."

Raidyn stretched her hand, gesturing to Nora to take it and come out from under the bed "Come on...I'll walk you there...just so you can see that it's not scary. I promise that you will love it."

The two girls walked to school, Nora clutching her sister's hand as if her life depended on her grip. Once there Nora had begged not to be left behind, Raidyn waved at her younger sister, tears filling her eyes. Her school was only a street or two away, but she felt it worlds away.

As soon as the bell rang she found herself almost running down the hall, out of the junior high, across the streets and towards the kindergarten area. She stood huffing and puffing, trying to catch her breath. "Nora..." she whispered with a wide grin as she watched her little sister swinging away with another little girl, her happy giggles filling the air.

"Nora..." Raidyn whispered, wiping away a tear.

She just couldn't forgive herself for not jumping in and taking her out. It haunted her all the time, the memory of that day. The look on her sister's face as she fell into the freezing water, the grip of her hand, and the helpless feeling when she saw her sink. The worst memory was the look on her father's face, the disappointment of Nora being gone, instead of her.

Clearing her throat and wiping her face again she began to walk back to her mother's car, she had planned to meet Ernie at the mall.

Ernie let out a squeal as he collided into a hug with her "Wow look at you all business woman. So how did it go?" he smiled, waiting for an answer.

A smile slowly crept onto Raidyn's face "I got the job!!" she squealed as the twosome hugged making circles like children. "I got a damn job."

"When do you start?" he asked, taking a seat on a bench and pulling her to sit alongside.

"Sometime next week I start classes for like a month and then I start training. Something like that." she smiled widely "At least when he introduces me, the bank teller will sound better than the housekeeper. Right?"

                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AJ swung the door open to find Tara and a couple of girls smiling flirtatiously, all of them wearing revealing clothes. He winked at her as she kissed his cheek and briefly introduced the other three girls.

Nick heard the voices and quickly stood up, he rolled his eyes already knowing what his friend was up to. "Hey there handsome." Tara said leaning in to kiss his mouth, but he moved and she grazed his cheek with her lips.

"Oh...right, who knows where those lips have been." she retorted angrily.

"Shut up Tara..." he said shortly "Hey man I'm out of here..." he yelled at AJ. Who waltzed through the glass door with the other three girls.

AJ smirked, he could already see his friends eyes roaming. "Just look what I got here...some hotties." he laughed as the girls smiled like models in a toothpaste ad.

Nick sighed, the girls were hot. "Na...I'm good! I gotta see my girlfriend later today...I'll see you guys. Good luck with all four. You might need some Viagra." Nick chuckled heading for the door.

"Fucking bastard!" Tara mumbled, crossing her arms under her chest. "Oh, but this isn't over. I'm not going to just hand him over to that tubby. NEVER!"

AJ laughed "Your man was taken by a fatty! What does that say about you?" he jumped into the pool, pulling two of the three girls in with him. She squealed with anger as she stormed off.

                                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ernie and Raidyn walked around the mall, sipping on a coke each "So are you going to be able to do the banquet? I've got to save all the money I can. It's this Saturday at the famous Hollywood hotel right up on that hill, I think it's on Foothill and Highland. Fancy."

Raidyn smiled "Yeah if you're going to be there, I need the extra money too." she sighed with relief "I'm going to be a teller soon...not bad right. So did they tell you what the banquet is for?"

Ernie nodded "No, just that it was important and we had to be presentable, male waiters in tuxes and females in the usual white blouse knee length black skirt, hair up...yada yada...I told her I would tell her tonight. Anyways, how are things with hotness? Did you guys...?"

She blushed at the question. Of course they hadn't, not that she didn't want to, but it was just too soon. "Things are good, we hang out and go on dates. As for the second question, NO!" she smiled and continued to turn red.

"OH MY GOD!! You horny little thing...but you want to." Ernie covered his mouth and let out a squeal. "So cute! I just hope he doesn't break your heart...somehow I don't fully trust him. Anyways my love, don't want to be a negative Nancy, just be careful. Gotta go pack now."

"I know...I can't believe the summer is over and you're going to school in Texas and leaving me alone. Maybe I should just go back to Texas with you."

He hugged her "That's not a good idea honey...I'm not leaving you alone sweetie, you have Nick now and don't forget that Mia..." he stopped for a second "Something is wrong with that girl. I saw her here the other day like she wanted to talk to me, but has lost all trust in me. I watched her walk away." he shook his head. "Sad girl"

"Yeah I agree. The other day she wanted to tell me something too and she didn't...it's like she's in trouble or something. I hope it's nothing, well I'll let you go. I'm meeting with Nick later on. Love you bye" they kissed and went their separate ways.

Mia sat staring at the edge of the sink, her eyes red from crying. She was alone, hopeless and worse didn't know who it was. Which one? Why? She took a seat on the toilet and covered her face with her hands, weeping with all the force in her body. She didn't want this. There was a forceful knock at the door that made her jump.

"Yes" she sniffled.

"What the hell are you doing in there Mia?" the male voice thundered from the other side of the door.

With great fear she stared at the door, waiting for him to throw it down. "Uh...nothing. I'll be right out. Jeez" she grunted, snatching the stick and throwing it at the bathroom door, it landed face up, she stared at it, the two little pink lines hadn't faded. It was true.

She was pregnant.

Just outside Nick and Raidyn sat on her porch, side by side, holding hands. "I'm really happy you got your job!" he kissed her hand. "So listen, I'm not going to be able to see you tomorrow all day. My dad is going to be in town and well you know how that goes..."

She smiled "I understand. I have my last job tomorrow with the catering company anyways. Oh... uh..." she bit her lip "Erm...did you ever tell your dad about us? You said you were going to do it in Washington and I never asked." she looked up at him, as he looked away.

Melanie came back to his mind and a full force of guilt ran through his whole body "Uh..." He had mentioned it to his dad, but the man never had time to listen to the whole story. He remembered telling someone, but he couldn't make out who. His mother? Angel, his youngest sister? He looked at Raidyn, her eyes full of eagerness. "Yeah! He is...uh"

"Oh god...he doesn't like me huh?" she stood up and hugged herself "I knew it..."

He got up and stood in front of her, taking her arms and forcing her to look at him. "No, it's just my dad is always anxious..." He had to think quickly. He couldn't let her down, it would be a while before he even met the man in person anyways. "He's anxious to meet you. I told him all about you, how beautiful, smart, sexy, a turn on...he even liked your unique name." he chuckled.

"Stop it!" she smacked him with a smile and blush on her cheeks "You did not say that..."

"Ok I didn't say all that, but I said many nice things about you. Baby there is nothing to worry about." he kissed her, as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Listen baby I got go...I have a long and stressful day ahead of me and it's late." he pretended to stretch out and yawn.

"Ok...actually I do to." she kissed him again, feeling that familiar current run through her body. They said goodbye. He hopped into his car and she entered the house and went directly to bed.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

6.3K 81 28
BOOK TWO IN THE CARTER CHRONICLES Lili Viotto couldn't imagine her life being anymore perfect. She's almost 16, and has a handsome boyfriend Nick, w...
3.3K 69 27
Where the main character lives with the triplets, thinking it'll be like living with friends, but things don't always go as planned. If you are Nick...
8.9K 303 31
Nick Carter is tired of living in Orlando and can't wait to get away from everything. When he moves to Tampa to start college, he will find something...
35.1K 1.2K 50
Mia and Nick grew up together, developing a deep bond of friendship and blossoming love while dealing with less than ideal home lives. As things got...