bloodied crown - hyungwonho

By chaoskkyun

a fight that has gone on for decades has to be put on pause as a bigger issue arises or two leaders have to w... More

1: Only the Beginning
2: Do your worst.
3: You're bluffing
4: Quack
5: Backup's backup
6: An Offer
7: Pros and cons
8: Bang.
9: On Track.
10: An Ally.
11: So Professional
12: A Gift
13: Comfort
14: What now?
15: Why?
17: Trust
18: Lukewarm Coffee, Honesty and A Mole Trap

16: That woman.

12 1 0
By chaoskkyun

⎔⎔⎔

Hyungwon's head was hurting. He was exhausted and just wanted to crash but something within him knew he wouldn't be able to. Jooheon's distraught face confirmed it first thing.

But the moment the word "Her" fell out of the other's mouth, the pieces started fitting together and it made sense why Jooheon was so startled and trying to explain himself, trying to prevent him from just rushing in his head as a third leg. At first, Hyungwon thought that there was no fucking way it was who he assumed his guest was.

Please, don't be her.

So he was quick to enter the office, lucky he didn't pry off the handle while at it. His eyes scanned the office, hoping to see some unfortunate stranger waiting for him, wanting a deal but no. Of course, today had to be just complete havoc.

She hadn't changed a bit in over a decade. Well, maybe her hair was a different length and she had some wrinkles around her eyes. The hatred in her eyes for him had surprisingly vanished too, but it was likely all an act. Did she need money? It was the only reason he personally could think of.

It's not like she'd want to see him.

"Hyungwon." She still had the fucking audacity to call him by his first name after all this time. As if it was nothing to her. Even though in a way it was a bit endearing, he wasn't going to fall for that. No way in hell. She'd been gone for way too long to just pitifully crawl back into a life he'd built.

Honestly? Hyungwon would rather kiss Wonho right now than confront this situation. And while that probably showed how skewed his priorities were, he didn't really care. Wonho had everything he needed to be distracted and more.

"What are you doing here, Mother?" He let out before even thinking about it. Maybe it would've been more appropriate to use her first name, just as she had always demanded in the past but the words just flowed out on their own accord. His tone was hollow just like his expression as he refused to show the anger building up in his core. 

She was the last person he wanted to see today.

"Mother?" Wonho's voice echoed from behind him and he turned to look at the older and mouthing "Are you serious?" at him. The older quickly apologized, bowing his head. Hyungwon exhaled through his nose, straightening his posture when the older woman said nothing. "Well?" He hissed, walking over to his desk and practically throwing his phone onto the wooden surface. "If you aren't going to say anything, fuck right off."

"I need your help." She then said, stepping closer by a few steps, obviously hesitant. Still, her voice was desperate, shaking a little bit as she uttered the words. This made Hyungwon let out a mocking laugh as he shook his head and settled on the edge of the desk.

He then dropped his grin, scowling at the woman instead. He was playing a dangerous game on the line of staying somewhat calm and pulling out his pistol to end this then and there. "And what makes you think that I would? Just one reason." He then asked, crossing his arms. As he observed the woman, he knew that she had none. Her lips quivered a little bit before she quietly spoke. "I am your mother, Hyungwon."

Ah, that card, Hyungwon thought to himself, again letting out a low, yet somewhat genuine laugh. "My mother, huh?" He repeated, raising his eyebrow at the woman. He then pushed himself off of the desk, walking over to her, easily towering over her small frame. He pointed a finger at the woman but didn't touch her, narrowing his eyes.

"Tell me, what gives you the right to call yourself that now? When you used to smack me for calling you that as a child and then left like I meant nothing, huh?" he hissed, taking a step closer every time she stepped backward. It was like their positions had completely switched. "I have had a pretty awful few days and you are quite honestly the last person I want in my office right now and Shin Wonho is standing right there. So let's stick to Mr. Chae, and... Ms. Whatever you call yourself now." he spat, one hand tightening into a tight fist, nails digging into the flesh of his palm.

He wouldn't have hit her, really, he wasn't that pathetic, but a hand still grabbed onto his upper arm and quickly pulled him backward. Hyungwon briefly glanced to his side, meeting Wonho's gaze before rolling his eyes. "You. Stay out of this." He hissed, ripping his arm free only to have it grabbed again only tighter.

Wonho easily pulled him a bit to the side, dragging him down to his eye level. He then pushed a finger into Hyungwon's forehead and shook his head like a disapproving parent. "Terrorizing her won't make you feel better, Chae. Get it together." The older narrowed his eyes only for Hyungwon to poke a finger into his chest in return. 

He couldn't help but smirk smugly when the older hissed at his nail digging into his skin through the fabric of his shirt. "Just because you pinned me against a desk once today doesn't mean you can command me around all of for sudden, Mister." Hyungwon shot back in a harsh whisper, standing up to his full height again and clearing his throat.

Hyungwon swore that he could hear "I'll make it a second time if you continue like this" or something along the same lines from behind him as he moved away from the older. Hyungwon, though, decided to bite his tongue and ignore it because the last thing he wanted to scream about with Wonho was whatever had happened in the viewing room. Especially in front of his Mother and Jooheon.

"It's Mrs. Kim." She started again, now that the attention was back on her instead of the bickering pair. "And what do you mean your office? Where's your father?" She then added, making the young leader actually face her, now furrowing his brows from confusion. "What do you mean where's my father?" he asked, leaving out the words "you", "fucking" and "idiot" just to be nice for once.

"What rock have you been living under? He's dead and has been for what? Seven years now?" he spat then when she didn't respond, licking his lips and taking in a deep breath. Deep breaths. He'd need a good drink after this. "What?" His sad excuse for a mother whispered, sounding genuinely surprised.

"Wait... You actually didn't know?" Wonho piped up, making the younger leader close his eyes for a few seconds in order to calm himself enough to not rip off Shin's head. This should have been a conversation he had alone. "No? I have been living in hiding pretty much since I left in fear of him sending someone after me. Like hell if I wanted to read news about all this." She spat, now more harshly, crossing her arms in a defensive manner.

"So why now? Why bother crawling back if you hate all this so much? Please, do enlighten me." Hyungwon scoffed, trying to read Mrs. Kim to the best of his capabilities. She looked fragile and like she hadn't slept for a while, at least from what he could tell. "Also, congrats on the new marriage, I assume. Was he unfortunate enough also reproduce with you, too?"

He knew he'd hit a sore spot when the woman suddenly brought a hand to her mouth, muffling a small cry. He'd never seen her cry before, not even when he was injured. If anything Hyungwon would say she'd looked even more disappointed when he wasn't shot in the head. Hyungwon's jaw tightened a little bit as he walked back to his desk, sitting back down on it arms still crossed.

"Someone took my son," She then spoke through her cries, lowering her head as he sobbed, the neatly styled black hair walling to hide her face further. Her son? Funny. "No one at the police station heard me out. I had no choice but to come here." Hyungwon felt a lump in his throat that he tried his best to swallow.

"How long ago did this happen?" Hyungwon could hear Wonho ask as he stayed quiet himself. He had nothing to say, in fact, he felt like any sensible words had been ripped from his mouth. "A few days. He was at school and when I went to pick him up they said someone else had come by, claiming he was an uncle." He couldn't believe Wonho was listening to the sob story the woman was laying out so he just tuned the two out. The older probably wouldn't have allowed Hyungwon to throw her straight out the door.

Hyungwon had to close his eyes for a few seconds until he felt a hand on his shoulder. "What are you thinking?" Jooheon asked him and he had to shrug. His head was a mess. All with Ilsang and now this, he couldn't catch a break to breathe even for a second. Hyungwon grabbed a hold of the other's hand.

Ilsang had pushed him well. That damn smirk of his printed into his retinas, taunting him while their conversation turned into a blurry mess in his head. It was too much. Hyungwon was boiling inside, wanting to call it all bullshit but he couldn't just do that. His logical side wouldn't allow him. Not without looking into the facts first.

"How did she get into the building?" Hyungwon whispered, opening his eyes to look at the younger. It was easy enough the change the topic, for now. "I honestly have no clue. I was bringing up some stuff and she was just there. I don't know who let her in or why." Jooheon seemed to be telling the truth so the leader just nodded his head, squeezing the hand in his gently.

"I'm sorry for yelling. I'm not mad at you, this isn't your fault. She shouldn't have come here in the first place." he apologized, the younger shaking his head at him a little bit while smiling. "It's fine, Hyung. You're stressed, I know." He replied, clearing his throat a little bit before turning to the other pair in the room who were still talking. At this point, Hyungwon wouldn't even call it stress. 

He was on the brink of a full-blown breakdown.

There was almost a fond look in Wonho's eyes that Hyungwon could just frown at. He understood that Wonho didn't know the full extent of his and the woman's history but he'd assumed there would've been something else other than fondness shown to her. Or maybe Hyungwon was just a bitter piece of human trash.

"Will you help her?" Jooheon then asked but Hyungwon stayed quiet. He didn't know. A part of him wanted to drag the woman out of the office by her hair, screaming to never come back but a part of him wanted to help. All of him agreed, though, that she didn't deserve his help. Not after what he'd gone through with her in his childhood years. "Maybe." he then just mumbled, sighing again.

"Why did you run away at the station?" Hyungwon tuned back into Wonho and the woman's conversation. The older had set the woman down on the couch, now crouching in front of her, intently listening to whatever she said. "Well... When I heard him being called Shin, I got scared. That he'd recognize me and..." she trailed off, glancing over at Hyungwon who immediately looked away himself, too bitter to hold eye contact.

"If I knew you two worked together, I would've stayed..." She then stated making Hyungwon scoff softly. "There was no way in hell you didn't see me with him in the hallway, " he stated, rolling his eyes. Her story made no sense to him but it could have just been the optimistic part of him talking. "I did see you but your back was turned. I haven't seen you in years. How was I supposed to know?" she snapped back, defensively.

Jooheon let out a quiet chuckle, apologizing when Hyungwon glared at him. "At least we know where you got your attitude from." The younger had to add, biting down on his lip clearly to hold back a laugh. Hyungwon grimaced at that standing back up with a deep breath.

"Anyway. I thought you would've been working with Son and that man surely would have it out for me if he knew where I was. I couldn't risk it." She continued and the two leaders quickly turned to look at each other, and Hyungwon nodded his head. They definitely had the same question in mind. "Do you mean Ilsang? Son Ilsang?" Wonho asked, taking on the role of a mediator probably rolling his eyes internally at the younger's inability to keep it civil.

Hyungwon's mother nodded her head immediately, sniffling quietly. "Why?" She asked, glancing between the two of them. Hyungwon brought one hand up to his face, pinching the bridge of his nose gently. "I... We were there to see Ilsang. Well... Not exactly but... It's complicated." he brushed the topic off, it wasn't that important to tell her the whole story.

"So if he was there, so were his goons. And if you were there.." Hyungwon continued with his idea, hoping she'd catch onto what he was implying but when her expression didn't change he let out a rough sigh. "If he didn't think you were involved before, he sure as hell does now. And considering he has taken a liking to screw me over specifically... Well, let's say I doubt he knew already."

A moment of clarity came over Hyungwon at that moment, making him chuckle. "So this is what he meant..." Ilsang had gone on a rant about being ten steps ahead of them, and that Hyungwon could never see it coming. Well, he had to give that one to the old man, he definitely had not expected this.

But it was likely having the opposite effect that he'd wanted.

"I think what he's saying, is that Ilsang likely has your son." The word son was a gut punch to Hyungwon, he couldn't even deny it. She'd never referred to him as her son or anything of the sort. Not once, at least in the time that he could remember. But Hyungwon sucked it up, nodding his head, confirming what the older had said.

"But... Why would he? I'm not involved anymore." She argued frantically, standing up only to be pulled back down by the older leader. "Well, he has a few screws loose up there so he likely wasn't aware of my dislike of you and thought he could play with me by using my supposed half-brother," As he spoke Hyungwon tapped at the side of his head a few times with his pointer finger. 

Even so, honestly, he felt nothing that powerful, not even that sorry for his mother. But Ilsang had pulled an innocent kid into this mess. "As if he couldn't get any worse," Wonho stated, turning to Hyungwon. He was now directing that fond look to him which made Hyungwon want to curl in on himself. It felt unnatural. "So. What are we going to do?" the older then asked, clearly intending to leave the final decision to Hyungwon.

Hyungwon let his gaze wander between the two, sucking his bottom lip into his mouth before letting out a frustrated breath. As much as he was a dick, Hyungwon wanted to believe he wasn't a total monster. "We have to save him." he then muttered before sending a warning glare his mother's way. "And I'm not doing this because you're asking me. Or because you deserve it. I couldn't give a shit how you feel. In fact; I would love to see everything precious to be ripped from your fingers. Just so you know how it felt to lose something so dear to you." He spoke, the words just falling from his mouth, maybe a little bit too harshly, but he didn't care.

He had to make sure she knew that he despised her now.

As a kid, he loved her. No matter how many times she hurt or insulted him, she was his mother and he wouldn't have given her up for the world. Then he had to watch her pack her things up and leave, not even sparing a glance at him before exiting their family home for the final time. That resentment just grew as the years rolled on.

After that Hyungwon had begged to stay at the headquarters with his father. That house just didn't feel like home anymore.

"But I'm doing this because it's the right thing to do." he then finished, swallowing any other insults he might have wanted to speak out. It wasn't the time for those, not after he'd poured out his deepest thoughts about the situation. The woman's eyes had gone glossy during his speech as she nodded her head and stood up, slowly walking over to him.

Hyungwon recoiled a little bit when she reached toward him. He was completely ready to shove her aside if he tried to hug him or anything. But she didn't, she just smoothed down his shirt collar giving him a small smile even after he'd basically wished her the worst thing a mother could hear.

"You grew up well." She then softly said, hands trailing over his shoulders as if she couldn't believe he was actually there. "Yeah." Hyungwon swallowed, staring down at the woman. He could see so many features similar to his. It was weird, in some way. "No thanks to you," he added, inhaling deeply before looking away.

The hands pulled away soon after that and the office was quiet for a little bit. "You all did." She then spoke, chuckling a little bit too. Hyungwon crossed his arms, staring at her a little unsure. "That was out of the blue. What do you mean?" Wonho got to the question before he could and the woman just laughed a little.

"You don't remember? Your mother and I used to watch you all the time when you were little. Mrs. Im used to, too." She sighed softly, clearly reminiscing. The three men looked at each other, confused. There was no recollection of such things. "How? Why?" Jooheon asked next, stealing the words right out of Hyungwon and probably Wonho's mouths.

"Wonho would've been much older than me or Hyungwon." The youngest stated. Hyungwon did remember his mother and Mrs. Im watching him and Jooheon, and eventually Changkyun a lot when they were young or reckless teenagers. Sometimes even Yoo Kihyun, when he still was around before he abandoned the organization.

But never Hoseok. Or his mother.

"I don't remember either, though," Wonho stated as well, sighing. Hyungwon didn't know which words he could trust from this woman and what was complete bullshit. But she sounded sincere, and that came from him out of all people.

"Your fathers were so close back then before everything happened. Even I couldn't separate them. And with that so we're we, me and your mom." she said, shrugging her shoulders a little bit as if it was the most casual news to drop. "You two remind me of them a lot." So their guesses had been right, even if they were skeptical. Hyungwon let out a small laugh shaking his head.

"That doesn't make sense, still. Why would they be the best of friends and then suddenly turn against each other, enough to go for blood?" he then asked, head tilted. His mother shrugged carefully, saying she didn't know the real reasons. "That's when your father and I's relationship got strained. He wasn't being honest with me or hell, anybody. He was constantly stressed, paranoid that someone was coming for him and you..."

Hyungwon crossed his arms, waiting for her to continue. "I'm sorry, that I can't be much of help. I was so stressed back then too and have repressed those memories since," she mumbled. Though unsatisfied, Hyungwon nodded his head a little bit. It was more info than he could've asked for.

"Going back to the Ims... Where is Changkyun? I would love to see him." Hyungwon tensed up immediately at the mention of the younger man. His mouth went dry as he looked to Jooheon for help, but he seemed just as distraught, lips parted in shock.

Having no other choice, Hyungwon turned to Hoseok. The older one seemed surprised too but held it together much better than the other two. If he didn't have a facade to keep up, Hyungwon would've probably cried again, the recent memories of finding the younger man bleeding out flooding back.

The nice, somewhat serene moment was completely ruined by a simple request.

"Changkyun... Well, he's..." Hoseok struggled to find the words, before just sighing. And before he could even say it Mrs. Kim had caught up with them. It wasn't hard to read the room, after all. "He isn't...? Tell me he is.." she whispered words eventually getting caught in her throat, and the other just nodded his head. "He passed away... Only a few days ago."

"What? How? W... Why?"

"I think it's better if you go." Hyungwon suddenly stated coldly, clearing his throat. "No. I deserve to know, Hyungwon. I nurtured him like my own after his parents' passing!" She argued, eyes once more glazed over with tears. Hyungwon's jaw tightened as he held back his own tears. The last thing he wanted was to cry in front of her.

"They slit his throat and I had to watch him take his last breaths. I watched my friend die whilst not being able to do anything but drive. Happy now, Mother?" he shot the truth at her feeling his legs tremble. The woman stepped away from him, face at least a shade paler. "I'm sorry. I didn't.." "Know? Of course, you didn't." He hissed bitterly, swallowing a lump in his throat. "Now go. Leave your contact info in the lobby."

Nothing more was said and the woman started walking toward the office door, soon enough vanishing behind it, the echoing click of her high heels eventually disappearing completely. Hyungwon let out a deep breath, finally crouching down whilst holding his head. Silence lingered in the space for a little bit before Jooheon spoke up. "I'll go see that she makes it out safely." Hyungwon looked up at his friend, lips slightly parted but nothing came out.

"No. I think I should go." Wonho spoke up, grabbing Jooheon by the arm before nodding in Hyungwon's direction. "Stay." it was only a whisper but very much audible in the space. Jooheon nodded his head, quietly thanking the older before moving out of his way. Hyungwon shared one last glance with the other leader who offered a small smile. "Take a break." the man mouthed at him before heading for the door.

Hyungwon then just crashed down on the floor completely, resisting the urge to just lay down there and finally sleep. Instead, he just stared down at the floorboards completely still, hugging his knees, and without even thinking anything. For once his mind was silent.

Jooheon's footsteps echoed in the room and soon enough the younger sat down next to him, not even hesitating when he pulled Hyungwon into a hug. The leader just shut his eyes, resting his head on the man's firm shoulder. "It's hard, Honey," he whispered, receiving a small hum in response. "I know. And I would do anything to make it better."

Hyungwon exhaled deeply before chuckling. "I can't believe she..." he started, prematurely ending the sentence. He'd already insulted the woman enough, he should just let it rest. Besides, It wasn't worth it if she wasn't there to hear it.

"Do you think I was too harsh?" He asked after a moment of silence, staying completely still. He didn't feel like moving. "Honestly? No. I think that woman needed the reality check. Can't believe she came all the way up here after not acknowledging your existence for so long." Jooheon scoffed, shifting a little bit.

"Right," Hyungwon muttered, licking his lips a bit. "Why do I still feel like a piece of shit, though?" he asked next, frowning already. He hated her and wanted to act like he didn't give a shit. But even so, some twisted, mommy-issue rendered part of him still ached at the image of the woman staring up at him, teary-eyed.

"I think it's just natural, you know? My parents aren't any better than her yet I wish I could call them up or at least visit once. Even if they would slam the door in my face." Jooheon held him tighter, sighing softly.

"I know work is the last thing you probably want to think of right now... But how did it go at the station?" Hyungwon brought one hand up to his face, rubbing it carefully. He definitely shouldn't mention the escapades he and Wonho got up to, right?

"Fine. It was Ilsang and the detective is sure that he'll end up behind bars. Of course, that doesn't mean the end of this all." He sighed, opening his eyes and finally sitting up properly but still staying in the other's embrace.

They needed to get in contact with Shownu as soon as possible, and hopefully come up with a time to meet up. The man could help locate the kidnapped child, saving who should be their first priority as of now. Hyungwon knew death and injuries were inevitable, but he drew the line of pulling in completely innocent people. Even more so children.

"You should go rest too, Joo. I think I need a moment alone before Wonho comes back." The leader then stated, hugging the younger one tightly before pulling away and forcing himself up from the floor. "Are you sure?" he nodded at that, trying to smile as genuinely as he could. "I promise I won't throw myself out of the window." an inappropriate time for jokes, but he felt that it was needed.

Jooheon got up too, grabbing his hand. "I'll keep my ringer on. Call me if you need something. Anything."

"You too."

The office was silent, aside from Hoseok's soft breathing in the background. Hyungwon just stared at the open folder in front of him, slowly blinking. He'd stopped actually digesting any new information almost an hour ago and had just been sitting there in the dim light of his desk light ever since. A glass of whiskey that had probably already gotten warm was on the edge of the table, also completely forgotten about.

Another sigh echoed in the office, adding to the tally of many that he'd let out during the day, as Hyungwon lifted up his head. He spun the chair around, rolling over to the window slowly before pulling the curtain out of the way. It was a dumb thing to do, knowing there could be someone pointing a sniper to his forehead somewhere.

But a part of him didn't care.

The pale moonlight filled the office as Hyungwon rolled back to the desk, shutting off the desk light and grabbing the glass of forgotten whiskey. He took a sip, scowling a little bit in displeasure before just downing the rest. He set the glass back down with a loud thud which made even him jump a little.

Hyungwon's gaze immediately darted to the other man in the room as the air mattress creaked under a weight shift. Though the older seemingly wasn't waken by his recklessness, thankfully. Sighing, Hyungwon poured himself another glass of, equally room-temperature, whiskey this time making sure he didn't smash the bottle on the desk.

He stood up with the glass of alcohol and walked over to the window. He'd go back to sleep after this glass. Even if he'd only get a few hours at this point, it would be better than none and hopefully the alcohol helped him sleep easier. He just leaned his head on the cool glass, breathing out deeply at the sensation.

He really just needed some distraction and that bottle was the closest option.

"You know if you wanted to sneak around, you should do it properly." Hyungwon pretty much jumped out of his skin at the other's voice, whiskey spilling all over his hand that held the glass. He spun around, eyes landing on Hoseok leaning on his desk with both arms.

"You..." he stared, bringing one hand up to his chest. Hoseok chuckled at the action, straightening himself and crossing his arms. "Are you trying to give me a heart attack? Fucking hell." Hyungwon hissed, setting the glass down again and wiping his hand on his shirt. He didn't even hear the other get up. How was that possible?

"Why are you up, anyway?" He then huffed, mimicking the older and crossing his arms. The other man should be glad there was a desk between them. "Shouldn't I be the one asking that?" the other laughed again, to which Hyungwon rolled his eyes. "I couldn't sleep. Isn't that obvious?"

So much for alone time.

"Another nightmare or just in general?" Hoseok asked then, the joking tone completely gone as if a flip had been switched. Hyungwon bit his tongue, breaking eye contact with the man. He took a gulp of the whiskey again, turning away from the other and refusing to answer. He didn't want to admit to either option.

He stared out of the open window, settling down on the edge of his desk. "Hyungwon?" He didn't reply, only sighing softly. Before he could take another sip, the glass was taken from his fingers. Hoseok had moved to sit next to him, taking a sip himself instead. "Did I make you mad?"

"When don't you?" Hyungwon finally opened his mouth, extending his hand for the glass. It was supposed to be his final glass for the night and he wanted to enjoy it. The older only glanced past him at the bottle on the table. "Dickhead." the other huffed, grabbing the bottle instead. Who the hell drank straight from the bottle like some barbarian? "But no. I'm not mad. At least not at you."

"For once." Hoseok chuckled, giving him a small shove. Hyungwon breathed out through his nose deeply, hiding a small laugh with it. "You're not helping, though. Watch it." He warned, not able to hold the small smile that forced its way onto his face.

"That woman, then? You seem to hate her more than me, funnily enough." Hoseok spoke softly as if trying to watch his words. Though he wasn't wrong and that realization felt super weird. Hyungwon took a big chug from the bottle, eyebrows furrowing a little. "It's different." Hyungwon paused, shaking his head. "Whether it's been wanting to bash your head in or crying on your shoulder, you've been one of the most consistent things in my life," he spoke without thinking about it much as it was true. "And I don't hate you. Well, as of now, at least."

"Wow." Hoseok chuckled, licking his lips a little bit. "Sounds an awful lot like a love confession, don't you think, Chae?" the older jerked his eyebrows a little bit. Hyungwon pushed his tongue against the inside of his cheek, staring at the men beside him. "I take it back. I absolutely do hate you." He let out a scoff that had some laughter mixed into it just due to the mere shock the other's statement caused.

"Oh, come on, we were having a moment." Hoseok suddenly whined, placing his head on Hyungwon's shoulder. "Yeah. One which you ruined, you fucker." he tried pushing the man off but he persisted. Eventually, Hyungwon just huffed and gave in, allowing the other to stay attached.

"In all seriousness, I really don't know what to say to that. I think I feel the same way. In a way, we've grown up together, even if it was while trying to eliminate the other." Hoseok spoke, emptying the glass before extending it toward Hyungwon, clearly as a sign for him to fill it up again. Which he did.

Maybe it was better to share the bottle, after all.

"It was my first time on the field alone," Hyungwon muttered, running one hand over his clothed thigh. The fabric was thick enough to conceal the raised skin beneath but he could pinpoint exactly where the scar started and ended. "If you hadn't stepped in when you did, maybe we wouldn't be here today."

"So it's my fault this all has unfolded?" Hyungwon rolled his eyes, feeling that familiar urge to hit the older tingling in his fists, even so, he grinned. Now he wanted to just punch himself. "If you're trying to cheer me up, you're.." Doing a darn good job at it, Hyungwon finished the sentence in his head whilst biting his tongue.

"Are you serious, though? It was your first time on your own? How old even were you?" Hoseok then asked, tilting his head to the side. Hyungwon glanced at him, noticing how the man's hair fell on his forehead with the action. "Seventeen and scared half to death. I insisted that I could do it even if everyone else was totally against it."

Hoseok stared at him, wide-eyed. "You..." he started, clearing his throat a little bit before straightening up. "You were just a kid then and they let you go? What the fuck?" Hyungwon rolled his eyes at the statement and sighed. He knew he was foolish back then but he'd wanted to prove himself as soon as he just could.

"Man, you really give me emotional whiplash, Lee." Hyungwon huffed, taking a gulp from the bottle again. One second the older one would be cracking shitty jokes and the next, he'd be concerned over simple issues that weren't all that uncommon in their line of work. "Doesn't sound like you're complaining, though."

Hyungwon smiled to himself a little bit, nodding. He really wasn't. "Usually I'd drown myself in a pile of work to get my mind off of things but even that wasn't working today. Maybe you're the exact distraction I needed," he replied, now turning to look at the other man properly. "It's stupid, but thank you."

"It's not stupid. I'm glad I can be of help." Hoseok smiled at him widely. Hyungwon swallowed a little, smiling back at the man. Maybe it was the alcohol speaking in his place, but the other looked good. Well, Hoseok looked great just in general, he'd always thought that simply because it was the undeniable truth.

But he was sitting there, shirtless, only illuminated by the moonlight, hair still slightly messy from being wakened in the middle of the night. He couldn't really explain it. In some twisted way, it took him back to the moment in the viewing room with the older pushing him against the desk. He probably could've sat there staring all night but clearing his throat, Hyungwon tore his gaze away. 

"I think that's enough alcohol for me," he muttered to himself, one hand searching for the bottle cap. Before he could disconnect from his previous thoughts completely, a hand grabbed his ching gently. Hyungwon didn't even get a chance to say anything before his head was turned and Hoseok's lips were on his.

He froze momentarily, one hand hovering in the air near the older's shoulder while the other still gripped the bottle of whiskey. It only lasted a few seconds before the older pulled away, eyes fluttering open slowly. Silence lingered in the air and all Hyungwon could hear was his heartbeat in his ears.

Hoseok's warm breath hit him in the face as the man let out a low chuckle. "Sorry. I'd be lying if I said I haven't been wanting to do that since earlier." Hyungwon placed the glass bottle down on the table with another loud thud and without saying anything, placed one hand on the back of Hoseok's neck and pulled him in for another kiss.

The older was quick to move, getting up from the desk and settling between Hyungwon's legs with his hands on the younger's hips. Hyungwon bit down on the older's bottom lip sharply, drawing a groan out of the man. He then pulled away with a deep exhale, licking his lips.

"If you wanted to kiss me,  you should at least do it properly." he mocked the other's tone from before, earning a sharp look. Hyungwon smirked slightly, wrapping his legs around the older and easily pulling him closer. "Really now? I haven't even started." Hosoek just replied before kissing him again. The other easily lifted Hyungwon up from the desk, swiftly moving toward the couch.

Maybe this was exactly the distraction he, they, needed.

⎔⎔⎔

hi.

sorry for being gone so long, again
you wouldn't think that a part-time job could kill one's motivation so easily but here we are.

anyway, thank you for reading, i hope you enjoyed the chapter and i will try to update sooner
byee ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 102 23
"I know we got on a wrong start but if I try hard enough will you give me a chance?" Two rivalries meet up and work together to be with each other's...
35.9K 1.5K 32
Maybe, it wasn't too fast, or maybe it was. What actually had him pinned on you? Both you and him clearly wasn't expecting it. --- Last update : 2020...
5.5K 206 62
Changkyun a struggling camboy.  Shownu an apathetic mafia leader. Both meet in the most unexpected way. "You're no good for me but I fell for you...
46.9K 2.1K 54
"We're all spiraling, and I don't know what's going to happen when we hit the end." Started: 4/10/22 - 4/16/23