This Time Around

By ShantaAddison

Losing her home, marriage, and son after being the target of jealous, envious, and greed driven individuals... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Layla
Chapter 2 - Kenneth
Chapter 3 - Tiffany
Chapter 4- Nurse Bridges/Sarah
Chapter 5 - Preston
Chapter 6 - Layla
Chapter 7 - Jerome
Chapter 8 - Aiden
Chapter 9 - Omniscient
Chapter 10 - Layla/Kehlani
Chapter 11 - Kenneth
Chapter 12 - Preston
Chapter 13 - Rome
Chapter 14 - Kino
Chapter 15 - Rella
Chapter 16 - Layla
Chapter 17 - Keli
Chapter 18 - Ricky
Chapter 19 - Preston
Chapter 20 - Omniscient
Chapter 21 - Layla/Kehlani
Chapter 22 - Preston
Chapter 23 - Tiffany
Chapter 24 - Aiden
Chapter 25 - Kenneth
Chapter 26 - Kino
Chapter 27 - Aria
Chapter 28 - Jerome
Chapter 29 - Rome
Chapter 30 - Layla
Chapter 31 - Preston
Chapter 32 - Kenneth
Chapter 33 - Rome
Chapter 34 - Keisha
Chapter 35 - Ricky
Chapter 36 - Layla
Chapter 37 - Link
Chapter 38 - Keli
Chapter 39 - Preston
Chapter 40 - Tiffany
Chapter 41 - Jerome
Chapter 42 - Kino
Chapter 43 - Aria
Chapter 44 - Kenneth
Chapter 45 - Rome
Chapter 46 - Denise
Chapter 48 - Jerome
Chapter 49 - Kino
Chapter 50 - Preston
Chapter 51 - Ricky
Chapter 52 - Layla
Chapter 53 - Link
Chapter 54 - Aiden
Chapter 55 - Preston
Chapter 56 - Diamond
Chapter 57 - Aria
Chapter 58 - Mother/Grandmother
Chapter 59 - Shirley
Chapter 60 - Keli
Chapter 61 - Kino
Chapter 62 - Preston
Chapter 63 - Kehlani
Chapter 64 - Diamond
Chapter 65 - Rome
Chapter 66 - Layla
Chapter 67 - Layla
Chapter 68 - Ricky
Chapter 69 - Omniscient
Chapter 70 - Rylo
Chapter 71 - Omniscient
Chapter 72 - Kino
Chapter 73 - Keli
Chapter 74 - Rome
Chapter 75 - Preston
Chapter 76 - Omniscient
Chapter 77 - Layla
Chapter 78 - Dr. Jeff
Chapter 79 - Kenneth
Chapter 80 - Layla
Chapter 81 - Preston
Chapter 82 - Diamond
Chapter 83 - Tiffany
Chapter 84 - Aiden
Chapter 85 - Kehlani
Chapter 86 - Kenneth
Chapter 87 - Layla
Chapter 88 - Omniscient
Chapter 89 - Layla
Chapter 90 - Omniscient
Chapter 91 - Kehlani
Chapter 92 - Preston
Epilogue

Chapter 47 - Keli

367 17 4
By ShantaAddison

Trigger Warning

"Uncle Keli, what's going on?"

I'm gon' shoot the next person who walks up behind me.

"What do you mean, Princess? I'm just waiting on the fellas."

"Do you two realize that I am a grown woman now? I think that after twenty-eight years, I know when you are lying to me."

"Please, you just realized that we swapped places on you when you turned twenty."

"Stop changing the subject. Something is worrying my dad and I need to know what it is. Isn't it my job to protect you guys?"

"No, it's our job to protect you. Your job is to live your life to the best of your abilities, and so far you have made us proud."

I know I am pissing her off, but it's so damn cute seeing her get riled all up.

"Does this have to do with Aleki?"

I look at those beautiful doe eyes and I cave.

"Yes and no, Princess. We both feel like we failed you. It's harder for your dad because he thinks he brought the enemy to your door."

"She couldn't help it. She was sick. It was not his fault."

"And now who is lying to who? Maize was a grown ass woman who had a life long temper tantrum because her daddy didn't want her. Chelsea's bitch ass didn't want you and you are not trying to ruin Aria. You liberated that little girl today and she isn't even your daughter."

"I had two amazing dads who showed me more love than I could absorb."

"And we will continue to do that. Maize had Aleyna, she had love. Stop making excuses for her. She had even more love once our family welcomed her in. Whatever issues she had with her father should have never had an impact on you."

She sighs and drops her shoulders.

"I guess you are right."

I can tell that she has something on her mind. Those big ass brains are going to be the death of both of them.

"You would tell me if anyone else ever hurt you right, Princess?"

"If I had remembered all of this sooner. I would have. I feel like Aleki is the reason my marriage failed. It's the reason I wasn't able to satisfy Roman and he stepped out on our marriage."

"I'm going to kill that mothafucka as soon as I find him but your marriage failed because Kenneth didn't love you as a wife. Come on Kehlani, you see how he treats and protects Rella. That's what you do for someone you love. Did he ever do that for you?

I'll admit, I thought he loved you just as much as you did but when they get married I can guarantee you that he is going to do right by her. He accepts her as his wife and he will do what a husband should do this time."

"They are getting married?"

Fuck! I forgot she didn't know about it yet. I need a fucking drink.

"Yes. I saw her ring earlier today. You should be over him by now, Kehlani."

I can see the tears forming in her eyes.

"I am."

"Another lie. Why are you upset?"

"I'm just hurt. I understand it wasn't love for him, but it was for me. He told me he was going to propose but I didn't think it would be so soon. He really just replaced me like I was nothing."

A few tears escaped but she hurried and wiped them away.

"What's so special about her?"

She said it under her breath but I heard her, loud and clear.

"Kehlani, this is why your dad wanted to whoop your ass a few weeks ago. You shouldn't be jealous of her. It does not matter what he sees in her that makes him want to be with her, he's never coming back to you."

She starts crying and I feel like shit now. I pull her into my chest and just let her cry.

"The fuck did you do to my child, Keli?"

Kino pulls her away from me and I want to punch his face in, but I would have done the same thing. She's my daughter too.

"Nothing, daddy. I'm just having a moment."

She's damn good at deflecting shit to make everyone else around her feel better. He looks in her eyes and just like I know she's lying, he knows. It's just not the time to address it.

"Okay, Princess. Stop crying before I have to whoop your Uncle's ass."

He kisses her forehead and hugs her again.

"I need you to go with Preston tonight. This asshole and I have some work to do. Claudia and Chantay are going to be at Shirley's since Jerome is coming with us."

Asshole? If my princess wasn't wrapped in his arms, I would throat punch his ass.

"I don't need a babysitter. I can stay with Kai or Lela. Even both."

"Well Kai is at Shirley's and Rylo is going to have Mother and Leia at their house."

She lets out a frustrated sigh and he looks down at her like he wants to pull off his belt. Our little princess is growing up and thinks that she can act like a big girl. I don't think so.

"I wish that you guys would tell me what's going on."

"I wish that you would have done the same thing, but sometimes wishes don't come true."

The tears are back. Now it's my turn to take my daughter back. I glare at him and hope that he understands I'm beating his ass later. He has no right to make my baby cry.

"Jerk."

"I'm sorry, daddy."

"Don't apologize. I know why you didn't say anything. You were a child. It wasn't your responsibility to tell me, it was Maize's."

"I won't keep anything from you again. When the time is right, I'll tell you everything."

See that's those fucking brains at work. She worded that shit so that she won't get caught up later.

"Princess, I will pull my belt off right now. Tell us now, the time is right now."

Preston walks into the room. I assume he was waiting on her. I like that he is protective of her but I'll whoop his ass too. That nigga don't scare me.

"Uncle Keli."

"Hell no, those lil' eyes ain't gon' to work this time. Neither is your GI Joe. Tell us now, or you gon' be on that damn island."

When we get angry, the more sophisticated English goes out the door. I don't give a fuck and she know that I am serious.

She slightly rolls her eyes and I look over at my brother who has a smirk on his stupid face. He knows that I will never actually send her ass anywhere or use any type of discipline on her. That's his job and since it wasn't directed at him, he's not gon' do shit about it. Fucker.

"When my memories came back, I remembered that Chelsea was going to allow Brody's stepdad to rape me."

I pulled her further away from Kino before he punched the wall. I'm sure he fucked up his hand.

"Daddy!"

"You are scaring my daughter, asshole! Calm the fuck down, Kekino!"

She's shaking, she knows that her dad is not himself. Even though she has never really seen him like this, she's probably one of the only people who could calm him down at this point. Other than Mother.

He takes a few deep breaths and motions for her to come to him. She does not move right away.

"Princess, I need you to tell me everything. I'm sorry I reacted that way. I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the situation and the fact that I allowed it to happen. I'm sorry. Please come to me."

I hate seeing my brother like this. He's my other half, when he's upset, I'm upset.

She hesitantly goes towards him and allows him to wrap his arms around her.

"I swear that's it. Preston is going to help me find Chelsea. Don't get mad, daddy. It only happened that one time and Bear made it home before anything could happen. He brought me straight to you. I was too afraid to tell either of you."

Fuck it. They are both sensitive right now so I might as well just go ahead and ask. They can't feel any worse than they do now.

"Kehlani, I need you to be honest with me, even if you don't quite remember everything. Did Hank rape you?"

They both look at me like I have grown another head in the last ten seconds. Kino glares at me. I'm sure he's planning to kick my ass after all of this is over too.

"Grand Papa loved me and he always bought me whatever I wanted. I loved him too. He never raped me. When Aleki started touching me, I remember him asking me if something had happened to me. He wanted to know if someone had hurt me. Of course I told him no because Aleki said it was a game and Maize convinced me that it was all in my head.

I think Becs told him something because that's when he told Maize to stop coming to see him and to keep me at home. She would sneak to the house to see her sisters and Aleki kept getting bolder. I swear he never touched me. Grammy was always there."

"Did Maize put you in therapy?"

"No. She went to see her own therapist. I'm not sure what his name was though, she always made me stay with Aleki. I don't even know why she kept going to see him, if she claimed that he gave her medicine to make her go crazy."

"Wasn't her therapist a woman?"

"No, it was a man. After Aleki disappeared, she started to bring me inside with her and I heard his voice one time. I would sit in a room playing with toys until they finished."

I look at my brother and I know he understands my thoughts.

"Preston, keep her close to you. But not that damn close nigga. Matter of fact, take her to your Uncle's."

"Kino, Kehlani is safest with me. I ain't no bitch ass nigga. I wouldn't try anything after she has had to relive all of this shit."

"Keep it that way or you'll be a dead ass nigga."

It's that fucking twin telepathy. Our point comes across better when we both say things at the exact same time. This mothafucka smiles, takes our princess's hand and leads her out of the room like if we are not standing here. Diamond is gon' end up losing another son.

Please vote and comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

726 161 61
I couldn't stop it. Now I couldn't control it. It was like a disease let loose on my mind, and it was rapidly spreading. Layla Richard's life was un...
97 1 8
Have you ever wished you could live another life free of all your burdens? A life where you didn't have to worry about the constant pressure of life'...
3.4K 174 31
10 years ago "I would never forgive you for what you have done to me today. It's perfectly fine to be a loner than have someone like you by my side...
11.2K 125 13
Layla: What is going on? My husband is divorcing me for cheating on him. I didn't cheat on him. At least, I don't think I did. I don't remember what...