Stars Aligned | ✓

By weirdpranialive_

Book #1 of the Stars Series. ~She taught him to speak out loud He taught her to hear the silence~ ✨ "Do you... More

Author's note
Character Aesthetics
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
Epilogue
When Our Stars Collided!

18

3.3K 334 74
By weirdpranialive_

Chapter Eighteen
" Oh my my, you are so hot"

× ANANYA ×

" Yeah sure, Don't worry Vivian, I'll go and check on him. "

" Thankyou so much " he replied.

" No need to thank me. We are friends, right? " I said and I could imagine him nodding.

" Yeah. I'll hang up now, Bye. Enjoy " he said.

" Bye " I replied as he hung the call. He called and asked me to check on Sahil, who was sick at this moment. And Vivian's boss was making him work overtime and after that he has some important work, so he asked me to go and check on his brother because he knows that his brother wouldn't and couldn't take care of himself when he is sick.

Even Kirti is coming home late tonight, and Amar bhai went to meet a friend. As a matter of fact, Kirti and Vivian worked in the same office. Kirti applied in the same company as mine but it she didn't get approved so the next offer she got was from the se company Vivian was working in.

I won't be shocked if both of them got fired for arguing every second.

I mean just imagine the tolerance level of the people who works with both Kirti and Vivian, the same ones who still can't spell each other's name.

But they are not important at this moment, It's Sahil. What happened to him? He got sick because of the way I acted in the evening in front of that Aunty?

I understand that I got a little overboard and I shouldn't have done that. But you know what, I have a bad habit of poking my nose in matters of people I care about.

He's my good friend and he has been there for me, took a stand for me in the moments no one heard me. Let it be the four years old incident or the scooty incident, or that day in the garden. This time when he couldn't speak for himself, I chose to.

My action was wrong but intension wasn't.

And both action and intension is going to get me in trouble one day, Mark my words. I can feel it.

I took the keys of the apartment and went towards his apartment, ringing the doorbell. I waited for a few minutes but no one opened the door so I chose to ring it again. And after a few seconds, the door opened revealing Sahil, with tired looks, a red nose and puffy eyes, as if he just cried.

" Hey " he said.

" Hi, Are you okay? Vivian informed me that you are sick, What happened? " I asked and he showed me his palm for a second. He whole attention was fixed in something and after some good seconds, he sneezed going all " Aaachooooo "

" Yeah, sorry. Vivian has a habit of exaggerating, I'm fine " he replied.

" Clearly, you are not. Can.. I come inside? " I asked as it was awkward to stand outside and talk.

" Yeah sorry. I forgot to welcome you. It's just I'm going insane. Come, sit " he said and I went inside and gestured him to sit, closing the door.

" Your condition is really bad, did you visit a doctor? " I asked and he shook his head.

" It's normal, chill. I get sick when I eat something cold in winters, it's okay. " He said while taking a deep breath and then coughed again.

" Then why do you eat something cold in winter? You should take care of yourself " I said. I genuinely felt bad for him because of the condition he was in. It reminded me of the times I was sick and alone. And both of them together sucks. Though he isn't alone. But at this moment he is.

" I thought nothing will happen in one ice cream. You too don't scold me now. " He said in a soft tone.

Aw looks like he already heard some handful from everyone.

" Okay, but you're still careless. " I said and shook my head at this stupidity. He paused for another second and then sneezed. And then sneezed again. And again.

And he says he's okay.

" Come here " I ordered and he looked at me questioning.

" Oh I'm dumb. You're sick and I'm ordering you to come here when I'm perfectly fine and I can come towards you too " I babbled with speed while moving towards him and touched the back of my hand on his forehead.

" You like speaking nonsense in 2x speed " he asked which was more like he stated it as if it's a fact.

" I might like speaking but this 2x speed and nonsense was an exaggeration. " I replied and now moved my hand to his neck.

" Oh my my, you are so hot "

He gave me a look first and then said " Are you, by any chance, flirting with me when I'm sick? Like really. I expected better "

Oh shit. No.

" Oh my god, no. I didn't mean that way. I meant your body temperature is hot. You dumb human " I said and narrowed my eyebrows. I didn't even realise it until he pointed it out.

" Uhm, I shouldn't shout at you, right " I said in a soft voice after seeing his face. He just nodded and then sneezed.

"  We need to do something about your fever. Let me bring thermometer. Vivian was right, you act like a baby who can't even take care of himself when sick, I swear. I'm so glad, I came or else you would be watching this tv "I stood up and went inside to search for a thermometer.

I traced my way back when I realised that this is my second time entering his house so I wouldn't know where it is.

" Where is the thermometer? You couldn't find it? " He asked me in sarcasm and I rolled my eyes.

" Where is the thermometer? You tell me or I bring one from my house"  I warned him. I expected him to say something sarcastic but he gave me the address of the thermometer instead.

" First room to the right, below the mirror there are three drawers, it must be in one of them " I nodded my head and went to bring the thermometer.

I found it in the first drawer itself and went back to the drawing room and handed him the thermometer. He kept it below his tongue and we waited for the sound. After some time which felt like forever, it beeped and I checked the temperature. 102°F.

" Seriously man, you should've visited a doctor. You have a fever of 102°F. And you say you are okay. " I said again with a high voice. I should say softly. He is sick. Right. I can scold him later.

" Okay, now Sahil, you go and take a good cold shower, it'll reduce your fever. And I'll make you kadha " I said this time with a soft tone.

[Kadha- concentrated liquid resulting from boiling a substance, especially a herb or medicinal plant]

" Cold shower can increase my cough and sneezes " he pointed it out.

Facts.

" Okay, then wait till I make the kadha " I replied and he shook his head.

" Hot kadha will increase heat in my body and therefore my fever " he pointed it out again.

" Now this is your drama. I'm making it and you're drinking it " I said firmly.

" Why? " He questioned back.

" Because I'm your friend" I replied with a tight lipped smile.

" Sure you are my troublemaker not friend " I gave him a offended look while he shrugged.

" I'm hurt " I said placing my hand on my chest.

" Your heart is slightly there " he said and pointed towards the left side while I kept my hand on the right.

" And your brain is there " I said while pointing towards his knees.

" Oh it's not even there. It's absent " I said with a sarcastic smile.

" It isn't present only when you are with me " he replied back.

" Oh, you mean, you lose your brain everytime you meet me? I'm that special? " I asked back and he shook his head while chuckling softly.

" Yeah yeah. Whatever helps you to sleep at night " he said and fell backwards on the sofa, keeping his hand on his forehead " Maine mar Jana hai aaj "
[I'll die today]

" Arey etni bhi achi nahi hu main "  I replied while controlling my laugh.
[I'm not that good]

" Yaar tu kadha hi pila le, yeh sab sehen nahi ho raha mujhse "
[You make me drink kadha, I cannot bear this]

"Abhi layi " I muttered laughing and went towards the kitchen.
[I'm bringing]

Entering the kitchen, I searched for the materials required to make it and when I couldn't figure out where something is kept I'll shout his name and he gives me address of that material. And beleive me when I say this, it is kept on the weirdest place one could keep.

But I can't even complain about kitchen to a chef. So maybe I'm wrong.

After 15 minutes when the kadha was ready, I went out while shouting.

" Kadha padhar raha hai " I said dramatically and entered the room only to see him glaring at me and gesturing me to be quiet. Looks like he was on a call. And it was on speaker.
[Kadha is coming]

" Whose voice is this, Sahil? " A lady asked him through the speaker and I bit my tongue. Sahil closed his eyes while face palming himself.

" This is the same girl Madhu told me about? " The lady which now I suppose was his mom asked him.

" Who is Madhu now?" I mouth asked him.

" Woh Aunty " he replied back in the same way.
[That Aunty]

Aunty couldn't even digest this and  had to tell his mom about it. Aunties can't keep secrets.

" Ma, she is just a friend. I told you I lied to her because I wasn't interested and she wasn't getting the hint " he said.

" Han I know. Just a friend. A friend comes at late night to make kadha for you because you are sick. Just a friend. " His Mom said.

I hope I never meet his Mom because I won't be able to handle that embarrassment.

" Your younger son told her to check on me. That's why. Don't take anything wrong " he said and left a sign.

Poor guy has to defend himself even in sickness.

" Okay okay. I beleive you. Baat toh karva Teri dost se " she said.
[Let me talk to your friend]

I gestured him towards the kadha which was getting cold.

" Some other time " he replied.

" No, you drink the kadha she made for you and let me talk to her " his mom insisted. I don't think she is going to 5o let this topic go.

" Acha nahi lagta, Ma "
[It won't seem good Mom]

" Okay. I can talk to her afterwards. I have whole life to do that. You guys take care now. Thankyou Jo bhi apka naam hai beta, eska khayal rakhne ke liye "
[Thankyou whatever your name is, child, for taking care of him]

" Arey koi nahi, Aunty " I blurted out by mistake.
[No worries, Aunty]

" Mujhe pata tha speaker par hoga phone " she said and enjoyed her victory while I drowned in regret.
[I knew the phone would be on speaker]

You can't even keep your mouth shut,Anu.

" Okay Bye Ma, take care. " Sahil said and hung the call. He just glanced at me and shook his head while drinking the kadha in full confidence showing his irritation. And then choked on the same kadha.

" This tastes so bad " he said and his face showed instant regret.

🦋

I liked this chapter personally lol. It was fun to write. Now more fun awaits for us.

Poor Anu has no control over her mouth. But she just chose to help 🥲

Vivian being their matchmaker lol.

Any guesses on what happens next? Expect the unexpected (most expected lol) is my hint.

🤝🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 2.2K 36
★She was full of life. He was cold and distant. ★She was a walking chaos. He likes his life quiet and composed without a damn mistake. Chaos inter...
120K 5.4K 35
growing up and growing apart sometimes people who really love you have to leave you for your own good and it's okay to grow apart holding on to thi...
1.6M 86.5K 65
[Completed] #1 in Romance (05-Jan-21) #1 in India (25-Apr-22) #5 in Humor (25-Mar-21) ❝For the world, it was a love marriage. But for them it was ne...
1.2M 72.3K 105
(Apart Series - Book 1) Dev Kapoor... Popularly called DK!!! 31 year old hot headed, carefree, badass was currently the most talked and successful bu...