This Love~...

By gracexmoormeier

[UNDERGOING EDITING] luke hughes, your college friend invited you to his draft party the year he was seeing i... More

playlist
hughes fam
anxiety
drafted
lake house
pink skies
ellen time
neighbor
hands tied
the archer
article
realization
beach day
early birthday
saying goodbye
crash
mini her
haunted
again
hatred
this love
woah
fast forward
bonus chapter: first date
A/N

move in with me

3.5K 29 9
By gracexmoormeier

"i asked the traffic lights if it'll be alright they said 'i don't know' "
——taylor swift

the next couple weeks went by so fast. jack, ellen and luke dropped me off back at my apartment and then sooner or later school started.

luke wasn't going back in person so i didn't have my best friend to get me through classes.

of course i still had other friends but i'm definitely going to miss luke more than i was willing to admit.

i got ready this morning of the second week of school and decided i would call luke on my way to school. connor had already left because he has a class earlier than mine so i left in my own car.

i called luke and sat it on my car magnet waiting for him to answer my facetime.

"hey dells."
"hey, luke."
"how's school been without me?"
"horrible. it takes everything in me to not fall asleep during classes without you there."
"where's lucy?"
"she dropped out of some of our classes cause she  decided to change her major and not tell me. i still have carson, connor and emma but life has been so boring. you need to quit hockey and come back."
"that's funny, delilah. he will not be doing that."
"hi, jack." i laughed and glanced at my phone.

"hey, eyes on the road."
"they are."
"not a few seconds ago they weren't."
"ok ok, fine. what've you guys been up to lately?"
"jacks been complaining that you're in school."
"i still think you should quit studying to be a lawyer and just start this whole music thing."
"jack i'm not anywhere where i have to be to take off with this music career. i need a backup plan if it doesn't work."

ever since i commented back on that tiktok i've gained a few thousand followers on tiktok just singing covers of songs.

i took some of my songs to a producer who worked with my one and only idol taylor swift, aaron dessner and he has been nothing but wonderful and supportive to this.

we've recorded a couple songs and we were both thinking that i was gonna suprise post a song without telling anyone and just see what happens.

this was scheduled to happen later tonight and if i told you i wasn't nervous then i'd definitely be lying, but it's now or never am i right?

"how is the whole thing going by the way?"
"really good, i love aaron, he's so sweet and funny. i also just still can't fathom the idea that he's worked with taylor swift and also was willing to work with someone who has done nothing like this ever in her life, but he's been great."
"when's your first song coming out?"
"not anytime soon."
"yeah doesn't it take a while to do this stuff?"
"yeah but it helps when i can play guitar and piano so demos are easier to make to lyrics."
"we still have yet to hear anything."
"and you'll get the chance to when it's ready, i've told you both that plenty of times."
"we know, we know."
"ok, i'm at school, i'll call you guys later, yeah?"
"yeah, have a good day, deli."
"you guys too, bye bye."

school went by super slow, as usual. and now i'm getting ready to release my first song. it's about 9:30 right now, and it's coming out at 10:00. i do realize it's a wierd time but at least i have time to call friends and also since i have school i don't really need to be up past midnight.

aaron called me and made sure that i was ready to post the song and i obviously told him yes, even though i've been so against it lately i'm kinda excited.

i sat on youtube and just kept reloading my page until it was finally up.

i took a picture from my phone of my laptop screen and posted an insta story, go stream mess it up and under/over! 🤍

in just a few minutes i was being called in a groupchat with quinn, luke, jack, mikey, ty, trevor, john and alex.

"delilah."
"what?" i asked pretending clueless.
"what the hell did you just post?"
"what do you mean?"
"delilah, don't mess with us, you released two songs and didn't tell us."
"i did?"
"delilah!"
"ok, fine, i did. did you listen to them yet?"
"no. i'm pulling it up right now."
"which one should we listen to first?"
"doesn't matter. as long as you all stream both i do not care."
"under/over popped up first i'm doing that one."
"ok."

luke played the song on full volume and we all muted our mics as we listened to it. i was laughing when i saw all the guys reactions to the song.

there were a lot of holy shits and what the fucks and it was really entertaining to watch.

when it was over everyone unmuted and were screaming all at once.

"delilah, this is so good!"
"dude what the hell?"
"and you didn't tell us?!"
"i told you you could go somewhere with this its so good!"
"ok, ok, relax you haven't even listened to the second one yet."
"it's a music video, when the hell did you have time to do this?"
"i filmed it at school, actually, this is a set for a play theyre doing later this year."
"ok shut up i wanna listen."

when they were both done everyone streamed them on their own and we all hopped off facetime. then i got another call but from jack.

"delilah, i'm so proud of you."
"thank you. that means a lot to me."
"seriously these are so good. i really hope this works for you."
"me too, jack."
"how's school?"
"boring, stressful."
"will you drop out if this works?"
"probably. if it does work for me then do i really need to be apart of school too?"
"no. and if you do drop out you can travel to games with luke and i."
"yeah, i don't know about wanting to travel with sweaty and annoying hockey players. but i'll definitely go to some of your games even if i don't drop out."
"promise?"
"promise. ask luke, last year i went to a bunch of his games, sure i got in for free cause i went to the school but i'll always support you guys."
"you think i'm going to make you pay to go to our games? i'm giving you passes, there's no way you'll be able to afford multiple tickets."
"i wouldn't mind paying for a couple, jack."
"no, i won't let you. and don't argue with me."
"fine, i won't. but thank you that's sweet."
"what have i told you about saying thank you? you don't need to i do this stuff cause i want to."
"i know but i wouldn't hurt to say thank you every once in a while."
"delilah!"
"uh, oh."
"what?"
"connors yelling at me. what connor?" i yelled back at him.

"since when were you releasing music?!"
"since today, now be quiet i'm on the phone! i hate brothers." i groaned falling back on my bed.

"well you're a girl, that's understandable."
"yeah. i grew up with two boys, that's so annoying. at least i get to be the cool older sister and drive aurora around when she's older."
"you planning on moving back to chicago?"
"i don't know, maybe. it really all depends on where i stand career wise in a couple years. but for right now if connors here i'm not going anywhere."
"would you ever move to another state if someone asked you?"
"it depends on the person. like if luke really wanted me in new jersey and i was in the right place and had enough leeway room to pay for it then yeah. if my mom needed me home then probably, people like that."
"if i asked you to move to new jersey would you? it's just a hypothetical question, i'm not actually asking you to move to new jersey for me."
"yeah, if you needed me to."
"what would you classify as me needing you?"
"i don't know. if youre having a really bad season, or you're injured and out for a while so you just want someone there."
"ok, good to know. i'm gonna let you go to sleep i know you've been trying to get better at your sleep schedule."
"ok, goodnight jack."
"goodnight, dells."

let's just say i had a really good sleep that night.

A/N the songs are by gracie abrams, i really like her music and i think she'll go really well personality wise with this book. of course she isn't blonde but it's ok i'm using another face claim.

thank you for reading this far! let me know how soon you want jack and delilah to get together!

also i was watching the eras tour on live yesterday cause i went for the chicago show, and this was in santa clara. night two got all of the girls you loved before. taylor we have beef rn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 162 23
"But it's the, way you smile, that does it for me... it's so Sweet, knowing that you love me"
70.4K 1K 23
- being rewritten. (go read crazy for you!! the rewrite!!) " you're crazy " " crazy for you " ♉︎ ₊ ❜ luke hughes︙🌊 ✦ * 💭 ⊹ © 2023 mr...
52.5K 412 15
The Weathers and the Hughes have been family friends for years. Jocelyn grew up with the three Hughes boys, although her closest bond seemed to be wi...