The Reincarnated Villainess W...

By Bleezei

Beatrix, villainess and social butterfly, gains the memories of a girl of another world. Unsatisfied with her... More

1 - Ruining the Condemnation Event
2 - The Agreement
4 - Heartbreak
5 - The Struggle for Happiness
6 - Drain
7 - Games of the Heart and Mind
8 - Eloping Princess
9 - Hunt The Villainess

3 - Welcome to the Summer Palace

2.5K 138 43
By Bleezei

Beatrix's Point of View

A few days later I walk into our summer mansion, with the two trunks filled with things, mostly books, I brought along, and a smile slowly creeps onto my face.

"Phase three. Enjoy a month of vacation."

It's completely quiet. No butler to greet me, no maids to constantly make sure I look perfect. No servants constantly looking to be at my beck and call, and no guards telling me I can't go out when I want.

"It's perfect!"

My voice echoes through the entry hall, and I enjoy it as I breathe in the air of a month of freedom. Or, as my parents think of it, a month to heal the heartbreak while Clovis gets over his puppy love.

I pop the high heels off of my feet and happily saunter through the empty mansion, to look for a room overlooking the royal gardens. Yes. That is the best part about this mansion.

It lets me follow up on the drama going on inside, and otherwise just enjoy the view of a beautifully blossoming garden. Perks of being from a powerful ducal family that has always been close to the royal family.

It's not that I'm going to spy on them intensely, but it's not like I'm uninterested either. Not that there will be much to spy on, as Clovis will practically have little to no time with Delia, because of all the work he has to do.

Most days he will come back after dark. In the past, both of us usually end up completely exhausted, looking like wet rags that have been squeezed dry and sloppily placed in a chair.

Poor Delia.

I smile a bit at the pain she's going to go through. One could think of that as cruel, but she's the one what went and flirted with someone in a high position without thinking about the consequences.

It's time for their first real obstacles as a couple.

I'll get myself cozy though. I'll need some blankets, nails and some string.

First though, let's get out of this formal dress, and into something more comfortable.

Only my happy hums fill the quiet mansion.

Clovis' point of view

I reach my hand out to Delia, after stepping out of the carriage, and she puts her soft hand in mine, while our gazes meet.

The sea breeze makes her cherry pink hair flutter, and her eyes glimmer in the sun.

"Welcome to the summer palace. We will stay here for the next two months, Delia."

She looks past me, and up at the summer palace with stars in her eyes. She almost looks dizzy at it's magnificence. She manages to make these things seem beautiful again, though I myself have grown bored of the extravagance. It's one of those things that made me fall for Delia, how she made my mundane everyday colorful.

I give her hand a gentle squeeze.

"I'll take you to our room."

I feel flustered saying it. We haven't slept together in the same room till now, and usually we wouldn't, but I got permission, as long as nothing more happens, not that I would push things that fast.

Delia blushes too, stepping a little closer to me.

"Our room."

I can't hold back a smile.

I look down to her finger, where an engagement ring adorns her beautiful ring finger. It may be rash of me to do this before my engagement is fully broken with Beatrix, but, it's not like my feelings for Delia will change in a month. I have already adored Delia for a couple years now. What is a single month of hard work going to change?

Delia gives me a caring, shy smile as our eyes meet, and I guide her through the halls of the summer palace, to my room... now our room.

Delia's, eyes shine, as she lets go of my hand, and walk into the room, twirling around to see everything, then smiles as she stops by the bed, and holds a hand out to me.

"Clovis," she calls my name so sweetly, that it makes whatever worry I had left from the conversation with Beatrix melt away.

I walk up to her and put my hand in hers, before pulling her to me tightly, and kiss her forehead.

She giggles sweetly.

I cup her face in my hand, the way I know she likes, and kiss her softly on the lips, sweetly and innocently.

It'll be painful how little I'll get to see her. But the agreement with Beatrix was that I complete my duties properly. Which is better for us anyway, so I can give Delia all my attention next month.

"I love you, Delia," I say softly.

"I have to go now, but remember, this is now your home too. You can go wherever you want," I try to reassure her softly, hoping she won't be too sad with me gone, and that she will befriend the castle staff.

She smiles at me and cups my cheek back.

"I'll be waiting for you."

She sends me off with a smile.

Delia's Point of View

It doesn't take long for me to find the library of the summer palace, and it is huge, and beautiful like everything else here.

It's a little overwhealming, and reminds me all the time, that I will be Clovis' wife.

I happily touch the engagement ring, and the pink diamon embedded in it. He spoils me so sweetly, and makes sure I always feel loved.

Apparently Clovis will be very very busy with work, especially now were Lady Beatrix isn't helping out anymore, as she's no longer the future queen.

So I decided, I would begin to study, to better myself, so I can help Clovis and we can spend more time together!

"Do you need help?"

Blink, as I look to a handsome silver haired man, that approaches me. As he walks through the rays of sun, it shimmers like stars. He looks older than Clovis, and a bit more mature. Is he the librarian perhaps?

Would he be uncomfortable if I told him how beautiful he is?

I shake the thought away.

"I was looking for books on territory and castle management," I state determinedly.

He smiles at me softly, showing such a gentle expression.

"I see. Wait at the table over there and I will find them for you, milday." He motions towards a cozy little reading nook by one of the tall windows facing the ocean. The sun casts a ray through the window, sending a warm light down over the table, but keeping the chair in the shadow.

"Is that okay? I can help carry the books. I'm stronger than I look," I appeal to him, making him smile softly again.

"Don't worry, just enjoy your time and get seated, milady."

He walks off, leaving me alone in the library. Milady. I think getting used to that might take a while. I'm a lady now. The crown princess. No longer a little Miss Delia.

I will really have to do my best.

I head off to the reading nook, and look around. There's another chair a little bit away, hinting that the reading nook can probably be used by two.

Still, this place really is gorgeous.

Gold adornments run along the edges of the book shelves, and the ceiling arches are filled with paintings of angels and flowers by the ocean.

I wish Clovis could have been here to introduce it to me, and sit with me, and tutor me.

I feel my cheeks flush red at the thought of of him sitting next to me, leaning close because he has to whisper the words to me not to be noisy.

I sit down in the leather bound chair, and wriggle my toes a bit. Perhaps I could request a bit of his time to do that?

Soon the silver haired man returns with only a couple of books, which he places in front of me, and I sit up straight and try to compose myself, so the silver haired man doesn't realize I'm thinking about silly things.

"I hope you will excuse my rudeness, but I assumed that you'd be most comfortable with these two books. They are great entryways into the many details of estate management."

I look down at the books, a bit ashamed that my ignorance is that obvious, but happy that he took the effort and found these for me, and didn't just bring a tower of books.

"Thank you. I guess my lack of knowledge is quite obvious." I smile nervously, but he doesn't mock me.

"Many high nobles and heirs have done nothing else since they were born. Is it not just as admirable, that you decide to improve now? One is never too old to learn something for the good of others, and I am sure you'll do great."

I look up at the silver haired man, and end up smiling shyly. It feels good, being praised like that. Being praised for a good effort.

"Thank you... can I ask what your name is?"

I feel a bit ashamed I forgot to introduce myself.

"Syrel, and yours?"

"Syrel? That's pretty. My name is Delia."

Syrel smiles.

"Nice to meet you, Lady Delia."

In the end Syrel proved to be a really nice person. When I had trouble with understanding the books he gave me, Syrel ended up tutoring me instead. Of course I would have preferred Clovis, but perhaps it's okay, since Syrel ended up being a really, really great tutor.

Around dinner time I left, and went to eat dinner with Clovis... but he never appeared for dinner, and the only thing I got was a message that he would not have time to dine with me... and in the end I ate it alone... after it had gotten cold, hoping he would find the time anyway.

Clovis didn't return that night until the clock struck midnight, where he laid down on the bed next to me, falling asleep the moment his head hit the pillow.

I was alone there for dinner the day after that too... and the day after that... and the day after that... but none of the times he came to eat dinner with me... and so my time at the library grew longer and longer, until Syrel invited me to eat with him instead, when I told him that I'd been eating alone for a few days.

A few days later

It's dark outside as Clovis finally returns. It's a couple hours earlier than usual, but he still looks exhausted as he gets ready for bed, and lays down on the other side, so far away from me.

Even though we've slept in the same room now for a week, he hasn't touched me. Not even hugged me close at night.

I feel my eyes burn a little.

I'm being unreasonable.

He's just tired from working too much.

He even gets up before I wake up too, so of course he is tired.

A sniffle still escapes me, as I still end up working myself up, from feeling unattractive, if he won't even hold me close at night.

"Delia?"

I jolt at the sound of his voice, and a hiccup escapes me.

"Are you still awake?"

He sounds groggy, as he turns over.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" He calls sweetly and worriedly.

"I'm sorry," I mutter.

"I'm fine," I add, but hearing his voice made all the feelings overflow. I miss him.

I begin to wipe my eyes, but as I do, I feel the bed move, and suddenly I'm pulled close to Clovis's chest. His shirt is still on, but his scent is all over it.

"Shhh," he whispers, now against my ear, as he strokes my back.

I hiccup with surprise.

He's so close!

"It might be selfish, but I'm glad you're awake, Delia. I've missed you," he says so softly, that my heart skips a beat.

"I miss talking with you... Delia..."

"I miss you too, Clovis," I respond with a little smile, closely snuggled against him.

"I love you, Delia."

I hear a heavy breath from him, and his arms get heavy around me.

He's out cold like a light.

I look at his face up close in the darkness, with only the moonlight slipping in through the window.

Yosh, I've decided, if he doesn't have time to come to me, then I will come to him!

(AN: I changed my mind. I'm bad at switching topics during the day, so posting once a day gets me a little too distracted. Instead I'll post the chapters when I finish editing them.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 5.2K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...
29K 957 19
Fed up at crappy reincarnated Villainess stories with terrible endings? Wish for once they'd choose the second male lead? Or what about killing that...
491 50 8
Eunice Louisiana Alvarez, a 20 year old girl who had no friends even though she was already in senior high school. Her classmates prefer her as the n...
5.7M 303K 125
Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would then become the heroine that saved the tow...