π–πˆπ‹πƒπ…πˆπ‘π„ | J. VELARYO...

By siriussllyjoking

𝔖𝔬𝔣𝔱 π”°π”žπ”«π”‘π”° π”°π”±π”žπ”¦π”«π”’π”‘ 𝔠𝔯𝔦π”ͺ𝔰𝔬𝔫... π”šπ”₯π”žπ”± π”΄π”žπ”° π”±π”žπ”¨π”’π”« π”ͺ𝔲𝔰𝔱 π”₯𝔒 𝔀𝔦𝔳𝔒𝔫 π”Ÿπ”ž... More

CAST
⒢ⒸⓉ β‘ 
ΒΉΒ°124 AC: THE DRAGONPIG
Β²Β°124 AC: THE DRAGON QUEEN
Β³Β°125 AC: A FATHER'S DAUGHTER
⁴°127 AC: THE BOOK NO ONE WAS MEANT TO READ
1β—‹ 130 AC: FAMILY REUNION
2β—‹ 130 AC: SUCCESSION
3β—‹ 130 AC: THE LAST SUPPER
4β—‹ 130 AC: USURPER
6β—‹ 130 AC: THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY
7β—‹ 130 AC: THE END OF STORMS
8β—‹ 130 AC: LIGHT
9β—‹ 130 AC: SISTER SISTER
10β—‹ 130 AC: THE SNOW PRINCESS

5β—‹ 130 AC: WAR AND PEACE

1.1K 32 1
By siriussllyjoking

Alicent knocked on the door of her youngest daughter's chamber. "Vaera?" The door creaked open, and she entered. "Vaera, dear?"

Alicent looked around the room, not finding her youngest daughter anywhere. She looked back at the door as it creaked, seeing her father's face.

"Vaera's gone." Otto looked stoic as always. "It seems the Princess Rhaenys is gone as well." Alicent got a look of fury in her eyes.

"She took my daughter." Otto Hightowers facial expression didn't change once as he looked at his daughter.

"We'll find her later. Right now, Aegon's coronation is more important." Alicent looked back at her father, anger in her eyes.

"I will not allow Rhaenyra to corrupt my daughter." Otto looked at her, expression still unchanged.

"She won't."

~~~

Vaera looked down at the steps of Dragonstone as Rhaenys followed a guard. She didn't know whether she was happy to be there or sad.

She'd left her family behind. Although most of them only cared for having Aegon on the throne, she most regretted leaving Helaena in King's Landing. If she could go back and change her decision, she would.

She would also have taken her niece and nephews with her. They were kids. They deserved to be left out of the war.

As Rhaenys made her way down the steps, she stopped Vaera. "You should stay here. I need to talk to Prince Daemon and Princess Rhaenyra. Something tells me Daemon won't be eager to see you."

Vaera nodded and stood as Rhaenys walked further down the steps. She saw Rhaenyra and Daemon standing by the fireplace.

"The Princess Rhaenys Targaryen." Ser Lorent uttered. "Thank you, Ser Lorent." Vaera looked down at Daemon, but he didn't look up. In a way, it made her happy. He hadn't seen her.

"Princess Rhaenys. Might we hope for news of Lord Corlys's recovery?" Rhaenyra asked. "Viserys is dead." Rhaenys said bluntly.

Daemon turned around and looked at Rhaenys, disbelief and sadness flashing over his features for a moment, but they were quickly replaced by anger. "I grieve this loss with you, Rhaenyra." Rhaenyra was at a loss for words.

"There is more." Daemon walked closer to the princesses. "Aegon has been crowned as his successor." A pained whimper escaped Rhaenyra's lips.

"They crowned him?" Rhaenyra asked. "How did Viserys die?" Daemon asked. For the first time ever, he sounded sympathetic.

"I could not say." Rhaenys said. "How long ago?" Rhaenyra asked. "A day past, perhaps 2. I was made a prisoner in my quarters while the Queen made her preparations."

"Viserys has been slain." Daemon said, jumping to conclusions, to which Rhaenyra slightly shook her head. "Alicent demanded that you declare for Aegon."

"She did." Rhaenys affirmed. "I refused her." She said. "And yet you are alive." Rhaenys ignored Daemon's comment.

"The High Septon crowned Aegon in the Dragonpit." Another whimper escaped Rhaenyra's lips as she cried for the loss of her father.

"I witnessed it myself just before I fled on Meleys." Rhaenys said. "They crowned him before the masses." Rhaenyra said, distraught.

"So that the masses would see him as their rightful king." Rhaenys continued Rhaenyra's sentence.

"That whore of a Queen murdered my brother and stole his throne and you could've burned them all for it..." Daemon said before looking up.

"Including her." He pointed up at Vaera. "A war is like to be fought over this treachery, to be sure." Daemon looked back at Rhaenys as she paused.

"But that war is not mine to begin. I only rushed this warning to you out of loyalty to my husband and to my house. The Greens are coming for you, Rhaenyra. And for your children. But she is not one of them."

Rhaenys looked up at Vaera before speaking again. "You should leave Dragonstone at once." Rhaenys prepared to walk away, but Rhaenyra dubbled over as she groaned in pain before getting a knowing look on her face.

She lifted her dress and stuck her hand up it, and when it re-emerged, it was covered with blood. "The babe is coming." She said softly.

Rhaenys then helped her to her chamber as Vaera made her way down the steps. She quickly ran to Rhaenyra's side and held her up until they reached her chambers, where she removed her dress and started pacing.

Vaera wanted to help her sister. She knew Rhaenyra was the rightful queen. She knew Aegon was only put on the throne because of her grandfather's ambitions.

She couldn't help but resent Rhaenyra a little for the love their father carried for his only child. But that was all things to be forgotten about.

Vaera had only witnessed childbirth once, and that was when a handmaiden gave birth to her son.

Vaera had been there to hold her hand and watched the life drain out of her once the child was born. It was truly a horrific experience, and she wished nothing like it for her sister or the babe.

"Princess Rhaenys. Please call my sons. I need to see them." Rhaenys nodded before walking off.

As Rhaenys left, Vaera wanted to go as well, Rhaenyra stopped her. "Wait. Stay." She said between shuddered breaths.

"Are you sure?" Rhaenyra nodded as the Septon made his way in to talk to the midwife.

"Her term is far from complete. This should not be happening." Rhaenyra stepped closer to the Septon. "It is fucking happening."

Another midwife made her way to Rhaenyra. "Keep your head about you, Princess. Come." She said.

"We've done this five times before. Keep your spirit, and the sixth won't be any different." Rhaenyra shrugged their hands away.

"Get off! Get off! Get off! Get off!" She yelled. "Ow, ow, ow." Vaera's brows were furrowed in concern as she stepped closer to her sister.

She held her hand out for Rhaenyra to take and she grabbed it, squeezing hard. Vaera couldn't even imagine how much pain her sister was in.

Her nails dug into Vaera's skin, but she didn't say anything. It reminded her of the handmaiden. She knew Rhaenyra was suffering. "Mother?" Vaera looked at the doorway at the familiar voice.

Rhaenyra let go of Vaera's hand and grabbed onto a pillar. "Fuck." Rhaenyra let out a pained groan.

Jace looked at Vaera. Her eyes looked tired. They were no longer the bright ones he knew. He didn't expect to see her there.

"Princess." The maester uttered. Rhaenyra gave Vaera a pleading look as she breathed heavily. "King Viserys has passed." Vaera said.

"V-Viserys?" Luke asked, stuttering. Rhaenyra managed to turn and look at her sons. "The Greens have repudiated the succession and claimed the Iron Throne."

She whimpered in pain once again. "Aegon has been crowned king." Vaera stated as Jace looked at her and then at his mother.

"What is to be done about it?" Jace asked. "Nothing yet." Rhaenyra spoke despite the pain. "And where is Daemon?" Jace asked.

"I don't know. Gone to madness. Gone to plot his war." Rhaenyra rubbed her stomach. "Leave Daemon with me." Luke followed behind him.

"Jace..." Rhaenyra muttered. "Jacaerys!" The boy finally stopped. "Whatever claim remains to me, you are now its heir. Naught is to be done but by my command."

Jace nodded before walking off as Rhaenyra started to groan and scream again. The screaming got worse, and Vaera looked at her sister.

"Daemon!" Rhaenyra called out as she screamed further. Vaera was sure her screams would be heard by all of King's Landing.

The midwives moved her to the bed, but she settled on the floor. "Princess, please. Let us help you." Rhaenyra looked at Vaera.

"You shouldn't see this." She screamed once again as a stream of blood pooled on the floor. "Please, out!" Vaera nodded and obeyed the request.

Once she made it outside, she noticed her hands. They were full of blood. Rhaenyra's blood. She let out a small sob as she heard her sister scream. She didn't want Rhaenyra to die.

She made her way down to the steps and eventually to the beach, where she washed the blood off of her hands in the sea.

Her boots were covered in sand as she walked back up to the castle. She had an odd feeling that someone was walking behind her, and when she turned, she saw Luke.

"Is my mother alright?" He asked. Vaera nodded. "And my sister?" Vaera didn't say or do anything, but Luke already knew the answer.

The boy looked as if he'd seen a ghost. "Were you with Viserys when he passed?" Vaera shook her head. "To my knowledge, it was peaceful." She assured.

Even though she resented her father, she knew he was loved by Luke. She didn't want to spoil his memory by saying something that would be considered treason if Viserys was still alive.

She gave Luke a sad smile. "Thank you for helping me with Aegon." Vaera went closer to the boy.

"From what I hear, you're quite the fighter. If he didn't catch you off guard, you might've been able to beat him." Luke looked down.

"I doubt that." He said. "You cut out my brother's eye when he attacked you. That takes a great deal of courage." Vaera had sympathy for the boy.

Luke stayed silent. Vaera smiled and cocked her head to the side, inviting him to come with her.

"There will be a funeral for the young Princess. We'll have to get ready." Luke nodded as they parted ways.

Vaera didn't have a change of clothes. All hers were still in King's Landing, so she settled for the plain, stained dress she was wearing.

She felt a tap on her shoulder, and when she turned around, Baela was looking at her. "Princess Rhaenyra requests your presence by the funeral pyre."

Vaera nodded and followed Baela outside, where everyone was gathering around the pyre.

Vaera made sure to stand further than the rest of the people gathering. She didn't feel welcome, but she didn't blame anyone for not wanting her there.

She was, after all, the daughter of the woman who stole the Iron Throne. The sister of a usurper. The daughter of a Hightower.

She stood, watching as Rhaenyra made her way up the hill with a little bundle in her arms. Vaera felt as her heart sank for her sister.

The pyre was lit, and the bundle, Little Visenya, was placed between the flames as everyone looked up at Rhaenyra and Daemon.

Vaera felt a hand on her shoulder, and when she looked to her left, Rhaena was standing next to her.

Daemon looked down, and the guards in front of Rhaenyra unsheathed their swords as another guard approached.

"I mean no harm, brothers." Vaera heard the familiar voice of Ser Erryk Cargyll. He took off his helmet, and the gaurds lowered their swords. He kneeled before Rhaenyra and took out an object from his satchel.

Upon closer inspection, Vaera realized that it was a crown. Viserys' crown. She knew from what her mother had spoken about that they planned to crown Aegon with the Conquerer's crown.

Ser Erryk held the crown up with both his hands as he said his knightly vows before her.

"I swear to ward the Queen...with all my strength... and give my blood for hers." Daemon took the crown from Erryk and inspected it, in disbelief.

"I shall take no wife...hold no lands...father no children. I shall guard her secrets...obey her commands... ride at her side and defend her name and honor."

Erryk ended as Daemon walked to Rhaenyra, placing the crown on her head before kneeling. Soon, everyone, including Vaera, kneeled for Rhaenyra.

~~~

As Vaera stood, looking at the war table that was illuminated with candles, Daemon announced Rhaenyra as she walked in with her guards.

"Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen, First of Her Name. Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm."

Vaera and everyone around her bowed. "Your Grace." Daemon said as Rhaenyra stepped forward before pausing.

The guards were walking with her but stopped as she looked at them. Rhaena stepped forward and offered a cup to Rhaenyra. "Wine, my Queen."

Rhaenyra took the cup and nodded slightly. "Thank you, Rhaena. Come." She walked to the table where everyone was standing and motioned for Baela to join her as well.

Rhaenyra looked up at Daemon. "What is our standing?" She asked.

"We have 30 knights, a hundred crossbowmen, and 300-men-at-arms. Dragonstone is relatively easy to defend, but as an instrument of conquest, our army leaves a lot to be desired. We have sent word to my loyal men in the City Watch. I'll have some support there, but I can not speak to the numbers." Daemon ended as a man that Vaera didn't recognize spoke.

"We already have declarations from Celtigar and Staunton, Massey, Darklyn, Bar Emmon." Jace picked up a piece from the chest and placed it next to the houses on Rhaenyra's side.

"My Lady mother was an Arryn. The Vale will not turn cloak against their own kin." Rhaenyra mentioned as Jace put a piece next to the Vale.

"Riverrun was always a close friend to your father, Your Grace. With Prince Daemon's acquiescence, I've already sent Ravens to Lord Grover." The man spoke again as Jace put a piece on Riverrun.

"Lord Grover is fickle and easily swayed. He will need to be convinced of the strength of our position and that we will support him should it come to war."

Rhaenyra spoke. "I'm going to treat with him myself." Daemon stated, his hands crossed over one another.

"What of Storm's End and Winterfell?" Ser Steffon Darklyn asked. "There has never lived a Stark who forgot an oath, and with House Stark, the North will follow."

Vaera stared as people spoke. She didn't dare step closer.

"Lord Borros Baratheon will need to be reminded of his father's promises." A gold piece was placed on Winterfell, and a black one was placed on Storm's End.

"What news from Driftmark?" Rhaenyra turned to Rhaenys. "Lord Corlys sails for Dragonstone." Rhaenys said. "To declare for his Queen." Daemon interrupted.

"The Velaryon fleet is in my husband's yoke. He decides where they sail." Rhaenys clapped back at Daemon.

"We shall pray for both you and your husband's support. Just as we prayed nightly for the Sea Snakes return to good health. There's no port on the Narrow Sea would dare to make an enemy of the Velaryon fleet."

Rhaenyra turned back around. "And our enemies?" Rhaenyra asked. "We have no friends among the Lannisters. Tyland has served the Hand too long to turn against him. And Otto Hightower needs the Lannister fleet."

Daemon stated. "Without the Lannisters, we are not like to find any allies west of the Golden Tooth." Vaera heard the clank of the iron pieces being placed on the table.

"No." Daemon continued. "The Riverlands are essential, Your Grace." Daemon said, looking down.

"Pray forgive my bluntness, Your Grace, but talk of men is moot. Your cause owns a power that has not been seen in this world since the days of Old Valyria. Dragons."

Vaera's head perked up slightly as the old man spoke. "The Greens have dragons as well-" Rhaenyra was cut off by Daemon.

"They have three adults, by my count. We have Syrax, Caraxes, and Meleys. Your sons have Vermax, Arrax, and Tyraxes. Baela has Moondancer." Daemon ended.

"Daemon, none of our dragons have been to war." Rhaenyra spoke, but it gave Vaera an idea.

"There are also unclaimed dragons. Seasmoke still resides on Driftmark. Vermithor and Silverwing dwell on the Dragonmount, still riderless."

He looked at Rhaena. Vaera knew she didn't have a dragon, and she knew what Daemon was doing. "Then there are the three wild dragons, all of whom nest here."

"And who is to ride them?" Rhaenyra asked. Vaera immediately looked over at Rhaena.

She felt a great deal of care for the girl, hoping she would get the dragon she desired so much.

She'd seen how someone was destroyed by not having a dragon. She'd seen Aemond's downfall before he claimed Vhagar.

"Dragonstone has 13 to their 4-" Daemon was cut off by Vaera when she finally stepped forward.

"Fourteen." She said, and Daemon looked confused. "What?" He asked.

"I declared for my sister. My Queen. I ride the largest dragon in the world. Your Grace, you said it yourself, your dragons have never been to war, but mine has. I will stand with you if need be."

For the first time since she arrived there, Daemon looked impressed. "We have 14 dragons to their 4." He corrected his previous statement as he gave Vaera a slight nod. Vaera didn't see Jace staring at her.

He was impressed, too. He'd never heard a girl talk like that in front of a bunch of Lords. They were usually expected to keep quiet. He had a slight smirk on his face.

"I also have a score of eggs incubating in the Dragonmount. Now... we need a place to gather. A toehold large enough to house a sizable host, here at Harrenhall, we cut off the west, surround King's Landing with the dragons. And we could have every Green head mounted on spikes before the fucking moon turns."

Vaera felt a sense of dread when Daemon spoke, but hid it as best she could. "Your Grace, a ship has been sighted offshore. A lone galleon flying a banner of a three-headed green dragon."

Vaera could feel the energy in the room shift as Ser Erryk spoke. "Alert the watchtowers. Sight the skies." Daemon grabbed his sword as he walked outside.

Vaera finally spared Jace a glance, but he wasn't looking at her. He was looking at Baela. Talking to Baela. The way he looked at her... Vaera could see that he loved her.

It was then that Vaera felt an immense amount of regret. She didn't want to tear Jace and Baela apart. She was to marry Aemond. She was betrothed.

What she wanted didn't matter. Besides, Jace hadn't even spoken a word to her since she arrived on Dragonstone.

As the guards followed Daemon outside, she was compelled to join them but stayed put. She knew someone from her family would be outside, likely her grandfather.

Her mother wouldn't dare come near Daemon.

As Otto Hightower made his way to where Daemon was waiting, it was clear that Vaera's suspicion was right.

"I come at the behest of the Dowager Queen Alicent, Mother to King Aegon, Second of His Name, Lord and Protector of the Seven Kingdoms. I've been directed to deliver her message only to Princess Rhaenyra. Where is the Princess?"

Otto Hightower asked. A screech could be heard from the sky and when the Hand looked up, Syrax soared down to where they were standing, Rhaenyra on her back.

Syrax roared as Rhaenyra looked down at the Hand of the King. As Rhaenyra walked to Daemon, Syrax let out another protective screech.

"Princess Rhaenyra." Otto said. "I'm Queen Rhaenyra now." Rhaenyra corrected. "And you all are traitors to the Realm." She iterated.

"King Aegon Targaryen, Second of His Name, in his wisdom and desire for peace, is offering terms. Acknowledge Aegon as King and swear obeisance before the Iron Throne. In exchange his Grace will confirm your possession of Dragonstone. It'll pass to your trueborn son, Jacaerys, upon your death. Lucerys will be confirmed as the legitimate heir to Driftmark and all the lands and holdings of House Velaryon. Your sons by Prince Daemon will also be given places of high honor at court: Aegon the Younger as his squire and Viserys as his cupbearer. Finally the King in his good grace will pardon any Knight or Lord who conspired against his ascent. Lastly, the King misses his dear sister very much and would like to have her back at court with her betrothed, Prince Aemond." Otto ended.

"I would rather feed my sons to the dragon's than have them carry shields and cups for your drunken, usurper, cunt of a king." Daemon gave Otto a foul look.

"Besides, Vaera has already declared for Queen Rhaenyra. Why would she go back with you?" For the first time in a long time, Otto Hightowers expression changed, but only for a split second.

Before long, the confusion on his face changed back to his stoic, emotionless expression. He didn't truly care for his granddaughter, and he didn't truly want her back. He wanted her dragon. Her dragon was a valuable asset that he hadn't considered when he'd first noticed that she was gone. But now, he regretted not locking her up somewhere else when he had the chance.

"Aegon Targaryen sits the Iron Throne. He wears the Conquerer's crown, wields the Conquerer's sword, has the Conquerer's name. He was anointed by a Septon of the Faith before the eyes of thousands. Every symbol of legitimacy belongs to him." Rhaenyra looked annoyed as Otto kept speaking.

"And then there are houses Stark, Tully, Baratheon. Houses that have also received, and are at present, considering generous terms from the King." Daemon shifted as Rhaenyra began to speak.

"Stark, Tully, and Baratheon all swore to me when King Viserys named me his heir." Rhaenyra stated.

"Stale oaths will not put you on the Iron Throne, Princess." Otto stepped closer, causing Rhaenyra's guards to hover their hands over their swords.

"The succession changed the day your father sired a son. I only regret that you and he were the last to see the truth of it." Rhaenyra walked to Otto and grabbed his Hand of the King pendant.

"You are no more Hand than Aegon is King, you fucking traitor!" She threw the badge off the bridge, staring at Otto with anger in her eyes.

"Grand Maester..." Otto called. He was handed a piece of paper, which he then handed to Rhaenyra. "What the fuck is this?" Daemon asked as Rhaenyra stared down at the page.

A page that she had given Alicent when they were young. Before her father decided to marry Alicent.

"Queen Alicent has not forgotten the love you once had for each other. No blood need be spilled. The Realm can carry on in peace. Queen Alicent eagerly awaits your answer."

Otto spoke, before Daemon cut in. "She can have her answer now, stuffed in her father's mouth, along with his withered cock. Let's end this mummer's farce."

Daemon and Rhaenyra's guards unsheathed their swords, making the guards behind Otto Hightower do the same.

"Ser Erryk, bring me Lord Hightower so I may take the pleasure myself." Syrax roared again, the guards looking up at her in fear.

"No." Rhaenyra said, causing Daemon to hesitate before lowering his sword. "King's Landing will have my answer on the morrow."

Rhaenyra gave a slight nod before walking back, Daemon following closely behind her.

☆☆☆

A/N- I find Daemon shitting on Otto so funny. I just live for Daemon in general.

Also, I didn't expect a lot of people to read this, but I do enjoy reading the few comments there are, so thanks ~D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.2K 2.1K 30
π–π–”π–šπ–˜π–Š 𝖔𝖋 π–™π–π–Š π–‰π–—π–†π–Œπ–”π–“ ❛ he would burn down the world if it meant keeping her safe ❜ ━━ IN WHICH a dangerous pri...
36.3K 1K 12
Kings Landing was as normal as it could be for the royal family living in it, riding their dragons and dressing fancy-like. It was clear to many peop...
29.3K 820 23
"NEVER UNDERESTIMATE A DAUGHTER'S GRIEF.." "IT CAN ACCOMPLISH MANY GREATER THINGS.." "IT CAN BEND KINGDOM'S FROM THE INSIDE..." --- bounΒ·...