π–πˆπ‹πƒπ…πˆπ‘π„ | J. VELARYO...

Door siriussllyjoking

𝔖𝔬𝔣𝔱 π”°π”žπ”«π”‘π”° π”°π”±π”žπ”¦π”«π”’π”‘ 𝔠𝔯𝔦π”ͺ𝔰𝔬𝔫... π”šπ”₯π”žπ”± π”΄π”žπ”° π”±π”žπ”¨π”’π”« π”ͺ𝔲𝔰𝔱 π”₯𝔒 𝔀𝔦𝔳𝔒𝔫 π”Ÿπ”ž... Meer

CAST
⒢ⒸⓉ β‘ 
ΒΉΒ°124 AC: THE DRAGONPIG
Β²Β°124 AC: THE DRAGON QUEEN
Β³Β°125 AC: A FATHER'S DAUGHTER
⁴°127 AC: THE BOOK NO ONE WAS MEANT TO READ
1β—‹ 130 AC: FAMILY REUNION
2β—‹ 130 AC: SUCCESSION
4β—‹ 130 AC: USURPER
5β—‹ 130 AC: WAR AND PEACE
6β—‹ 130 AC: THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY
7β—‹ 130 AC: THE END OF STORMS
8β—‹ 130 AC: LIGHT
9β—‹ 130 AC: SISTER SISTER
10β—‹ 130 AC: THE SNOW PRINCESS

3β—‹ 130 AC: THE LAST SUPPER

1.4K 37 2
Door siriussllyjoking

Vaera jolted up as she looked over at Aemond. He had fallen asleep next to her, causing her to jump from her bed, away from him.

She didn't know how long she and Aemond were asleep for, but it had already grown dark.

She suddenly heard a knock on the door. Before, she was begging for Jace to knock, but now all she hoped was that it wouldn't be him.

"Vaera?" She heard a faint whisper come through the door. She recognized it. She hadn't prayed hard enough.

Jacaerys Velaryon stood outside her door. Vaera walked to the door before opening it. "I wanted to check on you. After, uh... may I come in?" Vaera shook her head.

"No. Uh, I'm fine. I'd like a bit of peace tonight." Jace nodded. "Of course. Shall I see you at supper?" Vaera looked confused. "Supper?"

Jace nodded. "King Viserys wishes for his whole family to be at tonight's supper. He will be there too." Veara felt an odd twitch in her mind. It was between fear and anger.

Of course, Viserys would want to have them all eat supper together when Rhaenyra was at court. "Of course. I will need time to get ready." Jace nodded.

"Vaera-" He was cut off when Vaera felt a hand on her shoulder.

Aemond stood behind her, his tunic probably somewhere on her floor. Anywhere but on his body.

"She said that she'd be there. You may leave now, nephew." Vaera saw Jace's jaw twitch as he looked at Aemond.

Jace left without a word, causing Vaera to look down. He was almost certainly mad at her.

"Why did you fall asleep? And why like that?" She asked. "Sorry." He muttered, slightly repressing a laugh.

"We have to clean up before supper and for fucks sake, put your shirt back on..." Vaera noticed the smile on his face, which made her want to laugh, but his expression switched from an almost laugh to a frown. "Supper?"

"The King wishes to have supper with his whole family tonight." Aemond rolled his eye. "Of course." Vaera gave him a small smirk before opening her door. "Go get dressed."

☆☆☆

Once Vaera reached the dining hall, she immediately ran to Jace. He was alone. Baela hadn't arrived yet.

"Jace." He didn't look in her direction. "Jace, I need to speak to you before Aemond gets here." He looked up, and she could see the hatred in his eyes.

"Why would you need to speak to me? He seemed to have satisfied your needs." Vaera's facial expression changed from pleading to angry within a split second.

"I need to explain." Jace turned to her. "Fine. Get on with it." Vaera knew he was annoyed. "It's not what it looked like..." Jace looked at her, his eyes still filled with anger.

"I didn't sleep with Aemond. He took me to my chambers and we both fell asleep, nothing more, nothing less."

Vaera didn't like lying, especially to Jace, but she didn't think adding the kiss to the list of details was necessary.

Jace's annoyed look turned into one of sympathy. "I really am sorry. It was not my intention to anger you." Vaera said as Jace grabbed her hand.

"You don't have to apologize. I believe you." Vaera smiled slightly at Jace.

"What's going on?" She heard a voice behind her. "Baela." Jace said with a smile as he let go of Vaera's hand. "I was just making sure Vaera was alright after the incident in the throne room."

Baela looked skeptical. "Are you alright?" Vaera asked Baela sincerely and she nodded, eyes still squinted ever so slightly.

Vaera felt a hand intertwine with hers and when she looked back, Aemond was staring down at her.

"My betrothed." He said in a monotone voice. He began dragging Vaera away from Jace and Baela as they continued a conversation.

"Has Vaemond Velaryon left your thoughts yet?" Aemond asked. "Who?" Vaera mumbled, chuckling to herself. "What?" Aemond asked. "I said yes." Vaera said, slightly annoyed.

She spotted Helaena in the other corner of the room and walked over to her, not wanting to deal with Aemond's bickering any further.

"Little sister. I dreamt about you." Vaera smiled at Helaena. "Was the dream at least interesting?" Vaera asked. "Somewhat..."

Vaera knew whenever Helaena had a dream that somehow it would come true. Not always in the way she would think, but sometimes. This particular dream gave her a strange feeling, especially since Helaena withheld the details of the dream.

She heard the door to the dining hall open as her father was brought in on a chair and put in between his eldest daughter and his wife.

Everyone that was sitting down stood up until the king was put down, where everyone sat down. Vaera made her way to the seat next to Helaena.

"How good it is...to see you all tonight...together." Viserys breathed heavily and leaned over to Alicent. Vaera had to fight not to roll her eyes as she looked at her father.

"Prayer before we begin?" Alicent asked and the king agreed. Vaera closed her eyes as her mother started praying.

"May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon. May the Gods give him rest."

Alicent finished and Vaera opened her eyes, looking down at the cutlery.

"This is an occasion for celebration, it seems. My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins Baela and Rhaena, further strengthening the bond between our houses. A toast to the young Princes...and their betrothed." The king said.

"Hear, hear!" Daemon exclaimed. "Well done, Jace, you'll finally get to lay with a woman." Jace put his cup down in annoyance at Aegon's words.

"And my daughter Vaera will marry her brother Aemond. A toast to them."

Vaera was surprised he remembered she existed as she fiddled with her fingers and felt the cold trickle of blood going from her nailbed to the floor.

She looked down at her hand and wiped the blood on her dark red dress.

She didn't see Jace's reaction to the announcement, and she definitely didn't see him staring at her all throughout it.

"Let us toast as well to Prince Lucerys, the future Lord of the Tides." Vaera lifted her cup as Helaena stared at her sisters fingers.

She knew her sister had inherited their mother's foul habit. "Hear, hear." Baela smiled at Luke. "You'll be great." Rhaena said.

Vaera sent Luke a small smile, which he returned. "You do know how the act is done, I assume? At least in principle? Where to put your cock and all that?" Baela turned around, annoyed.

"Let it be, cousin." She said. "You can play the jester if you wish, but hold your tongue before m-" Jace hesitated for a moment. "My betrothed."

Aegon nodded. "Well, if you ever need any advice, I'm sure I can tell you exactly how Vaera likes it." Jace was about to say something, but Vaera looked over at her brother.

"I'd appreciate it if you'd stop talking Aegon before you really make a fool of yourself." Aegon shrugged and looked ahead.

Viserys slowly stood up, desperately relying on his cane.

"It both gladdens my heart and fills me with sorrow to see these faces around the table. The faces must dear to me in all the world...yet grown so distant from each other in the years past."

Viserys unclasped his mask and revealed his face, causing Vaera to gasp ever so slightly. Her father was missing an eye on one side of his face.

"My own face is no longer a handsome one...if indeed it ever was. But tonight, I wish you to see me as I am. Not just a king, but your father, your brother, your husband, and your grandsire...who may not, it seems, walk for much longer among you."

The mask clattered on the table as Viserys put it down.

"Let us no longer hold any ill feelings in our hearts. The crown can not stand strong if the house of the dragon remains divided. But set aside your grievances. If not for the sake of the crown, then for the sake of this old man who loves you all so dearly."

Viserys sat down again as he tried to catch his breath. Rhaenyra stood up and raised her cup in the air.

"I wish to raise my cup to Her Grace, the Queen. I love my father. But I must admit that no one has stood... more loyally by his side than his good wife." Alicent looked up at Rhaenyra, an unreadable expression on her face.

"She has tended to him with... unfailing devotion, love, and honor. And for that, she has my gratitude and my apology." Rhaenyra sat down.

"Your graciousness has moved me deeply, Princess. We are both mothers... and we love our children. We have more in common than we sometimes allow." Alicent stood, her cup in her hand.

"I raise my cup to you and to your house. You will make a fine queen." As everyone drank, Vaera looked over to Aegon as he downed his cup.

She sighed. Her brother was going to say something he wasn't supposed to. He stood up and went to the pitcher to get more wine.

"I, um...I regret the disappointment you are soon to suffer." Aegon looked down at Baela. "But if you wish to know what it is to be well satisfied, all you have to do is ask." Jace slammed his hand against the table as he stood up.

Vaera looked over at him as Aegon sat down. Aemond stood up, and Vaera took her cup and drank more from it. This wasn't going to end well.

Jace lightly punched Aegon's shoulder twice, treating what he said as a joke.

"To Prince Aegon and Prince Aemond. We have not seen each other in years, but I have fond memories of our shared youth. And as men, I hope we may yet be friends and allies. To you and your family's good health, dear uncles."

Aemond sat down, and Aegon muttered something before Helaena spoke. "Beware the beast beneath the boards..." She muttered. Vaera looked at Helaena as she stood up.

"I would like to toast to Baela and Rhaena...oh, and my dear sister Vaera. They'll be married soon. It isn't so bad, mostly, he just ignores you. Except sometimes when he's drunk." Daemon's loud laugh could be heard from across the table.

"Let us have some music." As the music started, Jace excused himself from Baela's side and held his hand out for Helaena to take.

Vaera smiled as she saw her sister dancing with Jace. She loved seeing her sister happy, even if she herself was not. It gave her solace to see her sister smile.

She felt a small tap on her shoulder, and when she looked up, Rhaena was standing next to her.

"You look beautiful." Rhaena said, causing Vaera to look over at her. "You do as well. Don't think I haven't noticed Luke staring at your dress." She smiled, a slight blush tinting her cheeks pinkish.

Vaera stood from her chair, following Rhaena to a pillar near the dance floor. "I never got a chance to thank you for comforting me at my mother's funeral. I must admit, it has been eating at me since we left King's Landing all those years ago."

Vaera took Rhaena's hands in hers. "You do not need to thank me. You were grieving. I simply provided a shoulder to cry on."

Rhaena smiled. "Nonetheless. None of your siblings have shown me as much kindness as you." Vaera pulled Rhaena in for a hug, placing her head atop Rhaena's. The small girl was a lot shorter than Vaera. As they pulled away from each other, Rhaena gave Vaera's hand one more squeeze before returning to her seat.

She found it odd that Rhaena had thanked her in that moment, but she wasn't opposed to the idea of a hug that didn't come with unwanted consequences.

When she would hug her mother, Alicent would squeeze the life out of her because Vaera was the only daughter that allowed hugs and not push her away. Then, Alicent would start crying.

Vaera didn't even dare hug her grandfather. She was sure he would just drive a knife through her back.

And she hated to admit it, but her father disgusted her. She feared if she would hug him, he would fall into a million pieces, and her head would be taken off for killing the king.

As soon as she escaped from her thoughts, her mother called her over. It confused her because she couldn't tell what the woman wanted.

As she walked to her mother, her father offered her a small smile, which she did not return.

"Vaera..." Her father muttered as she stood where her mother sat. "Your father wishes to speak to you." Her mother spoke in a low tone.

Now, Vaera was deeply confused. Why the hell would her father want to talk to her?

Viserys stretched his gloved hand out to Vaera, putting it on hers. It took all her strength not to pull it away.

"My daughter, I wish for you to know that I care for you." Vaera had a frown on her face. These didn't sound like her father's words. It sounded like her mother.

"You've become a woman grown right under my nose, and now you're getting married. I wish a full life filled with happiness upon you. It fills me with pride to know that you have grown into such a beautiful woman."

He once again smiled, and Vaera smiled just to return it. He coughed a few times before removing his hand from hers.

Alicent looked up at her daughter, who was now walking away, but she stopped when she saw Ser Criston Cole standing by the doorway.

It was clear she didn't believe a word her father said when she leaned over to her mother.

"Mother, I know Ser Criston is working, but may I ask him for a dance?" Alicent felt an odd shift in the room as her daughter looked down at her.

"Uh, of course, my dear." Alicent stood as Viserys leaned to Rhaenyra. She walked with Vaera to the knight.

"Ser Criston, would you care for a dance?" Vaera asked. "If it helps, your queen insists." Alicent said as Ser Criston nodded before taking Vaera's hand.

As they danced, Vaera felt a bit of happiness come back to her. She felt like she was dancing with her father.

Ser Criston felt more like a father than her own, even after the 'kind' words he offered.

The dancing and music came to an abrupt end as Alicent called the guards over to take the king away.

Vaera looked at her father. He was holding his head. The guards, along with Ser Criston, took him away on his chair as the supper continued.

Vaera went to her chair, sitting down as she looked over at Aemond. The servants had placed a pig in front of him. Vaera sighed as she looked at Luke. He let out a small chuckle.

Aemond stared at the boy before slamming his fist into the table, startling Vaera. The music stopped as Aemond looked at his nephew.

Aemond picked up his cup. "Final tribute." He said. "To the health of my nephews. Jace, Luke, and Joffrey. Each of them handsome, wise..."

Vaera begged for the words not to leave Aemond's mouth. She looked over at her mother, who clearly had the same thought.

"Strong." As soon as the word left his mouth, Vaera could feel the tension in the room building up.

"Aemond..." Alicent warned. "Come. Let us drain our cups to these three Strong boys."

"I dare you say that again." Jace called from the other side of the room. "Why? Twas only a compliment. Do you not think yourself strong?"

Vaera prepared to stand up, but it was already too late. Jace had landed the first blow against Aemond's face. "Jace!" Rhaenyra called.

Luke stood up, wanting to help his brother, but Aegon slammed his face against the table. "Gods, Aegon!" Vaera yelled as she dragged Luke away.

"Are you alright?" Vaera asked, holding his shoulders. Luke nodded. As Aegon swung a punch at Luke, he dodged out of the way, causing Aegon to almost hit Vaera.

His ring scraped her cheek, making a small cut on her cheekbone, which she didn't even feel. She gasped slightly before swinging at her brother, hitting him square in the face.

"That is enough!" Alicent exclaimed. Vaera had a slight smile on her face as she looked at her fist and then at her brother clutching his nose.

Aemond smiled and pushed Jace to the floor, causing him to jump up and lunge to attack Aemond.

Before Jace could get to Aemond, however, he was held back by the guards. Luke was also taken by the guards, but Aegon was left alone.

"Why would you say such a thing before these people?" Alicent asked. "I was merely expressing how proud I am of my family, Mother. Though it seems my nephews aren't quite as proud of theirs."

Jace broke free of the guards and prepared to attack Aemond again but was stopped by Daemon, causing Jace to step back.

"Go to your quarters, all of you go, now." Vaera didn't hesitate to walk to her bedroom. She immediately ran to her quarters and closed the door.

She went to her bed and practically fell on it. She sighed. She was tired. She knew Rhaenyra would return to Dragonstone soon because of the incident. She would never see Jace again.

Just then, she heard a knock on the door. "Enter..." She said, hoping and praying that it wasn't Aemond.

Luckily for her, she was met by the face of Jacaerys Velaryon. "Jace..." He sent her a small smile that she could barely see in the dark.

"I'm so sorry." Jace came closer and sat on the corner of her bed. "Don't apologize. The words didn't come from your mouth." Jace said.

"Still. Aemond was out of line." Jace chuckled. "Aemond is always out of line." Vaera nodded in agreement. Jace looked at her, her black eyes reflecting the moonlight once again.

That's when he noticed the cut on her cheek. "What happened?" He asked Vaera, but she looked confused. "What do you mean?"

Vaera questioned, confused. "You have a cut on your cheek." Vaera smiled slightly. "Aegon tried to punch Luke, and he just so happened to be standing next to me."

Jace touched the cut, which Vaera was certain wasn't more than a superficial wound. Vaera was convinced the cut was small as it didn't even hurt when Jace touched it.

"Did he hit you?" Vaera snorted. "His ring barely grazed my skin. It's just a scratch. I didn't even feel it." Jace shook his head slightly. "It's a little bit worse than just a scratch." Vaera rolled her eyes.

"I gave him a hit in return. At least we're even." Jace chuckled at her words. "Thank you...for helping Luke." Vaera nodded. "He needed it. I was happy to help -"

"Return to Dragonstone with me." Jace said suddenly, causing Vaera to look confused. "What?"

"Return to Dragonstone with me." Jace repeated. "Jace, you know I can't do that." Vaera said. Jace tilted her head upwards, looking at her eyes.

"I know you're miserable here. You don't want to marry Aemond. You said you've always wanted to visit, so why not join us?"

Vaera's face contorted ever so slightly. "Do you know what it'll look like when you take a different woman than your wife to your home?" Jace looked confused.

"My wife?" Vaera stood up. "Your betrothed. Baela." Jace's face contorted even more. "You love her, and she loves you. I would be a fool to break up a betrothal so meant to be." Jace's eyes opened wider.

"Baela? I don't love Baela. She's my betrothed, but I don't love her. I love -"

Jace was cut off when someone knocked at her door. "Enter." The knocks were too irratic to be Aemond.

Her door opened and revealed her sister's face. "I thought you'd be in here..." Rhaenyra muttered as she walked to Jace.

"Come. We have to return to Dragonstone." Jace looked confused. "Now?" Rhaenyra nodded. "Yes, now. I will return to court on Dragonback. You shall stay on Dragonstone."

Jace looked back at Vaera. "Come with us. I beg of you." Rhaenyra tugged Jace's arm gently as Vaera shook her head. "As much as I'd want her to come with us, she can't." Rhaenyra said, still trying to drag Jace away.

Jace broke free from his mother's grip and walked to Vaera, placing a kiss on her lips. "I will see you again. I promise."

Rhaenyra grabbed the boy's arm and dragged him outside, leaving Vaera alone. She didn't know what to do.

Of course, she wanted to run off to Dragonstone with Jace, but she couldn't. She couldn't even cry. She just felt confused.

She fell asleep that night with a blank expression on her face. She didn't know what was about to happen, but it wasn't good.

☆☆☆

A/N- Idk why I find Vaera having a father-daughter dance with Ser Criston Cole immediately after her father said he was proud of her so funny.

Also, Vaera and Rhaena's little friendship is so underrated.~D

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

45.9K 1.2K 33
They would bow. She would make them bow. (House of the Dragon) (OC x OC) (OC x Aemond) (OC x Jacaerys) (OC x Lucerys)
1.3K 85 8
𝐠𝐒𝐫π₯ 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐒π₯ / 𝐠𝐒𝐫π₯ 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐝. β €β €β €VALYRIANS 28.12.2023 β €β €β €AEMOND TARGARYEN/FEMALE OC β €β €β €HOTD CANON
73.8K 2.1K 30
π–π–”π–šπ–˜π–Š 𝖔𝖋 π–™π–π–Š π–‰π–—π–†π–Œπ–”π–“ ❛ he would burn down the world if it meant keeping her safe ❜ ━━ IN WHICH a dangerous pri...