๐–๐ˆ๐‹๐ƒ๐…๐ˆ๐‘๐„ | J. VELARYO...

By siriussllyjoking

๐”–๐”ฌ๐”ฃ๐”ฑ ๐”ฐ๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ก๐”ฐ ๐”ฐ๐”ฑ๐”ž๐”ฆ๐”ซ๐”ข๐”ก ๐” ๐”ฏ๐”ฆ๐”ช๐”ฐ๐”ฌ๐”ซ... ๐”š๐”ฅ๐”ž๐”ฑ ๐”ด๐”ž๐”ฐ ๐”ฑ๐”ž๐”จ๐”ข๐”ซ ๐”ช๐”ฒ๐”ฐ๐”ฑ ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ค๐”ฆ๐”ณ๐”ข๐”ซ ๐”Ÿ๐”ž... More

CAST
โ’ถโ’ธโ“‰ โ‘ 
ยนยฐ124 AC: THE DRAGONPIG
ยฒยฐ124 AC: THE DRAGON QUEEN
ยณยฐ125 AC: A FATHER'S DAUGHTER
โดยฐ127 AC: THE BOOK NO ONE WAS MEANT TO READ
1โ—‹ 130 AC: FAMILY REUNION
3โ—‹ 130 AC: THE LAST SUPPER
4โ—‹ 130 AC: USURPER
5โ—‹ 130 AC: WAR AND PEACE
6โ—‹ 130 AC: THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY
7โ—‹ 130 AC: THE END OF STORMS
8โ—‹ 130 AC: LIGHT
9โ—‹ 130 AC: SISTER SISTER
10โ—‹ 130 AC: THE SNOW PRINCESS

2โ—‹ 130 AC: SUCCESSION

1.5K 38 3
By siriussllyjoking

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters."

Otto Hightower sat down on the Iron Throne, making Vaera cringe. Only the rightful ruler should've sat there. Her grandfather was not the king, yet he still sat on the throne.

What he said also made her cringe. If the Realm was infected with a disease making them incapable of lying, Otto Hightower's head would be on a spike before he could utter more than a sentence.

"The crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon." Everyone's heads turned as Vaemond stepped forward.

"My Queen. My Lord Hand." Vaemond started. "The history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas."

Vaera was already bored. "I don't see why I have to be here..." She muttered to herself.

"When the Doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind. Our forebearers came to this new land, knowing that were they to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and their name."

Vaera looked over at her sister and her sons. Rhaenyra was looking down and had a somber look on her face. She shared another look with Jacaerys, smiling ever so slightly in his direction.

"I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat. I am Lord Corlys's closest kin, his own blood. The true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins."

As he spoke, it was clear to tell that he was taking a stab at Rhaenyra's sons.

"As it does in my sons, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon." Rhaenyra bit back, causing Vaera's lips to turn upward ever so slightly.

"If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant its rightful heir. No, you only speak for yourself and your own ambition."

"You will have to make your own petition, Princess Rhaenyra. Do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard." Alicent cut Rhaenyra off.

Vaera rolled her eyes at her mother. Rhaenyra only defended herself and her sons. Vaemond turned to Rhaenyra, and out of the corner of her eye, Vaera could see the sickly sweet smile on his face.

"What do you know of Velaryon blood, Princess? I could cut my veins and show it to you, and you still wouldn't recognize it. This is about the future and survival of my house, not yours."

Vaemond looked at Lucerys before turning back around. "My Queen, my Lord Hand." He started once again as Vaera sighed out of boredom.

"This is a matter of blood, not ambition. I place the continuation and survival of my house and my line above all. I humbly put myself before you as my brother's successor, the Lord of Driftmark, and Lord of the Tides." He finished.

Vaera almost burst out laughing at the lord. Humbly? She'd seen Aegon be more humble than Vaemond.

"Thank you, Ser Vaemond." Vaemond walked to where he was standing before. "Princess Rhaenyra, you may now speak for your son, Lucerys Velaryon." Otto called her forward.

"If I am to grace this farce with some answer, I will start by reminding the court that nearly twenty years ago in this very -"

Rhaenyra cut herself off and looked behind her. The door was opening. "King Viserys of House Targaryen, the First of His Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm."

Vaera could practically feel the energy in the room shirt when her father walked in. Otto Hightower jumped up from the throne, which was almost comical to Vaera.

It was clear that no one was expecting him to turn up. She looked at her mother's face. Her mother no longer looked full of pride. She looked defeated.

When Vaera was young, her father showing up only because Rhaenyra needed him would've upset her, but she didn't feel like he was her father anymore. He just felt like the king.

As Viserys made his way to the throne, he looked at Otto. "I will sit the throne today." Viserys whispered. "Your Grace." Otto reluctantly spoke before taking a place beside his daughter.

A guard rushed over to Viserys, but he brushed him off and continued walking. When he bowed his head, his crown clattered to the ground.

Vaera saw her uncle walk to pick up the king's crown and help him up the steps. Daemon Targaryen wasn't exactly known for his kindness, but he put the King's crown back on his head before walking back to Rhaenyra.

"I must...admit...my confusion." Viserys said between breaths. "I do not understand why petitions are being heard over a settled succession. The only one present who might offer keener insight into Lord Corlys's wishes is Princess Rhaenys."

Heads turned once again to the Queen who never was. "Indeed, your Grace." Rhaenys stepped forward.

"It was ever my husband's will that Driftmark pass through Ser Laenor to his trueborn son, Lucerys Velaryon." Luke looked up, utter disbelief flashing over his features for a moment.

"His mind never changed. Nor did my support of him. As a matter of fact, the Princess Rhaenyra has just informed me of her desire to marry her sons Jace and Luke to Lord Corlys's granddaughters, Baela and Rhaena, A proposal to which I heartily agree."

Something odd flashed over Jacaerys and Vaera's features for a moment. Jace looked at the girl, who was looking down.

Vaera now had no escape. She was trapped, doomed to marry her brother. She was doomed to stay with him and produce his heirs for the rest of her miserable life.

"Well, the matter is settled. Again. I hereby reaffirm Prince Lucerys of House Velaryon as heir to Driftmark, the Driftwood Throne, and the next Lord of the Tides."

Viserys wheezed as he spoke. Vaera gave a small smile to Lucerys, which he returned. She didn't look at Jace again. She couldn't.

"You break law," Vaemond said suddenly, causing Vaera to frown and look his way. "and centuries of tradition to install your daughter as heir. Yet you dare tell me who deserves to inherit the name Velaryon."

Vaera looked at Aemond, who had a small smile on his face. "No. I will not allow it." Although most of Viserys' features were covered up, the entire court could sense his confusion.

"Allow it?" He asked. "Do not forget yourself, Vaemond." Vaemond suddenly whipped around, pointing at Luke.

"That is no true Velaryon!" He said, making Vaera tilt her head. She was sure this wouldn't end well for Vaemond. "And certainly no nephew of mine." Vaemond looked back at the king.

"Go to your chambers." Rhaenyra directed at Lucerys. "You have said enough." Rhaenyra spoke to Vaemond.

"Lucerys is my true-born grandson. And you are no more than the second son of Driftmark." Viserys said. Vaera was starting to get nervous.

She looked at Aemond and reached for his hand, but he pulled it away. She felt her heart drop for a second before she started fiddling with her fingers, causing little pieces of skin to break and blood to pour from her nailbeds.

Vaera hated to say it, but she missed Aemond. The old Aemond. The caring Aemond. The Aemond who would do anything for her.

Vaera felt her heartbeat quicken as she tugged at the skin around her nails, but then, she felt a hand intertwine with hers, stopping the awful habit.

When she looked up, Aegon gave her a small smile. She was surprised, to say the least. Her eldest brother had never really shown her much affection, but she didn't let go of his hand.

"You may run your house as you see fit, but you will not decide the future of mine. My house survived the Doom and a thousand tribulations besides. And gods be damned, I will not see it end on the account of this -"

Vaemond cut himself off before he spoke further. "Say it." Daemon said softly, for only Vaemond to hear.

"Her children...are bastards!" Vaemond yelled, his voice echoing across the throne room. Aegon could feel his little sister squeezing his hand tighter.

"And she is a whore." A few gasps rang through the crowd as Viserys stood up, still breathing heavily.

"I..." Viserys took out a blade and pointed it at Vaemond. "will have your tongue for that." The sound of steel slicing rang through the air.

Daemon had brought his sword up and sliced Vaemond's head clean in half. Vaera whipped around, letting go of Aegon's hand and shielding her eyes from what she had just witnessed.

She knew it wouldn't end well for Vaemond, but she didn't think it would go that far.

"He can keep his tongue." Daemon said as the guards around him unsheathed their swords. "Disarm him!"

Vaera could hear the metal of the guards' swords as she looked at Aemond. He still didn't even spare her a glance.

He didn't even flinch when Vaemond's body dropped to the floor, but his smirk faded into nothingness.

"No need." Daemon cleaned his sword off. Vaera was still turned around.

She was sure she would throw up everything in her stomach if she turned around. Jacaerys looked at Vaera, concern spreading across his face.

When Aemond saw Jace looking at his sister, he wrapped his arms around her. "Do you want me to take you to our chambers?" Aemond asked, faking concern.

Vaera didn't speak. She slightly shook her head and stared into the distance as her brother held her.

Viserys groaned as he fell back on the Iron Throne. "Call the Maesters!" Alicent yelled as she rushed over to him. "Father?" Rhaenyra walked closer to the king.

"Please, my love, you must take something for the pain." Alicent picked him up. "I will not cloud my mind. I must make things right."

Viserys was helped down the steps of the throne by the Maesters. "Vaera, the ordeal is over. Let me take you to our chambers."

Vaera let go of Aemond and he took her hand as he led her out of the throne room. Jacaerys wanted to follow them. He wanted to make sure Vaera was alright, but his mother stopped him.

"You should check on Baela." Rhaenyra said. She was staring at the path that her father walked. Jace nodded as he walked to Baela.

Aemond finally made it to his chambers with Vaera, where she immediately collapsed onto her bed. Aemond sat beside her.

Veara wondered why her brother had shown kindness to her. She wondered if Jace actually cared about her. She pushed the thoughts down as she turned around to look at Aemond.

"Are you alright?" Aemond asked. "As alright as anyone would be if they saw a man's head being cut in half..." Vaera trailed off. Aemond grabbed her hand.

"You know I care for you, right?" Aemond said. "Do you?" Vaera asked, venom lacing her words. "Of course I do. You're my sister." Aemond gave her a small smile.

She knew he didn't really mean it. She knew years of resentment made him a cruel person, but she couldn't help but wonder if he did care, even if it was just a little.

She looked at the door once again, waiting for Jace to knock on it. Waiting for him to show that he cared, but the knocks never came.

She looked at her brother, giving him a small smile. "Have you ever realized how beautiful you look?" Aemond asked. Vaera didn't answer.

He put his hands on his cheeks and pulled her face closer to his, placing his lips over hers. His hands were rough and scarred.

Vaera knew she had to pull away, but just couldn't bring herself to do it. The kiss felt good. It felt real.

She didn't know why she thought it was, but she didn't stop Aemond when he began placing soft kisses down her neck.

Aemond's hand made his way to her back as he undid her corset, but she put her hand on top of his, finally stopping him. She wanted to kiss him, but she did not want what he wanted.

"Stop. We shouldn't do this..." Vaera looked at Aemond. She didn't want to do this. "We are to be married soon. What difference does it make?"

Vaera hesitated for a moment, before letting go of his hand, letting him continue. Aemond continued kissing her neck and finally undid her corset.

The corset was pushed away by Vaera's hand before it clattered to the ground, and Aemond lifted his hand under Vaera's dress, which she grabbed again.

"Please stop." Aemond's brows furrowed as he looked at his sister. He didn't want to hurt her or make her do anything she didn't want to. But he also didn't want to lose her. Not to a bastard anyway.

"What's wrong?" Aemond asked. "I...I just don't feel like it. I'd rather give you my maidenhood when we're married. I mean, I've never -" Aemond cut her off.

"I know. I'm sorry." Vaera felt a fleck of hope invade her thoughts. She recognized the person in front of her. He felt like the old Aemond.

"If it is what you desire, we shall wait." He said, making a ghost of a smile appear on her face. Maybe he did care...

☆☆☆

A/N- I can not stress this enough, I HATE Otto Hightower. Also, for some reason, the fourth prologue chapter doesn't wanna publish, so if you read it, you're gonna know what's going on in a later chapter, but if you didn't, you'll find out ig ~D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 998 16
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ๐‹๐„๐’๐’ ๐๐‘๐ˆ๐๐‚๐„๐’๐’ โ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—บ ๐—บ๐˜† ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ฑ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐˜€๏ฟฝ...
6.7K 420 10
Guided by the Fourteen Flames of Old Valyria, Valarr Targaryen, Bastard of the Blackwater, restores glory to a house that would rather forget his nam...
87.8K 1.9K 24
Her eyes was on one person and that person was Jacaerys Velaryon. Copyright ยฉ RHAXNYAS 2022 All Rights Reserved. No part of this manuscript may be re...