Blood and rose

Por nekoharley22

A young girl named Rose is one of the most popular girls in school. At least in the eyes of most of the boys... Más

Character Introductions
Chapter 1: A usual day
Chapter 2: Mr. Edwards
Chapter 3: The Hunt
Chapter 4: Taste
Chapter 5: Blue skys
chapter 7: The Field Trip
Chapter 8: A Lovers Quaral
Chapter 9: Warmth
Chapter 10: Taken
Chapter 11: The castle
Chapter 12: Findings
Chapter 13:Escape
Chapter 14: Healing pool
Chapter 15: Control
Chapter 16: Fishy business
Chapter 17: The truth
Chapter 18: Atlantis
Chapter 19: flowing through the motions
Chapter 20: Strange magic
Chapter 21: A strong ruler
Chapter 22: Ancient spells
Chapter 23: Silver
Chapter 24: Silver part 2
Chapter 25: Alive
Chapter 26: Full house

Chapter 6: The Dome

9 0 0
Por nekoharley22

Matthew's POV

Before last night, I didn't think I would ever do something so stupid, yet so logical at the same time. It was all for the sake of our safety. For both me and Rose. But it felt like the worst possible decision I could have made. I have been hungering for her. Craving her in every possible way. Yet I declined her attempts for romance. And as torture, the beautiful image of her was ingrained in my mind. And her soft lips were only a memory now.

As much as I had wanted her I had only done this to myself. But I knew deep down that it was for a good reason. I know that if my people had ever found out about me having relations with a vampire, that they would surely go after her. And her having such little understanding of how the dynamic between our people is. I just couldn't do that to her.

As I had continued my walk towards the dome, my mind would continue to spiral. Thoughts upon thoughts would cloud my mind. And every single one of them, would be of her.

I would walk and walk until I would enter a cave. And in this cave, there would be a large boulder at the end, where you would reach the darkest end of the cave. Too heavy for any human to lift. Too heavy even for their little machines. And upon lifting it and placing it to the side, there would be another much more beautiful Forest, in a somewhat enclosed area full of other caves, that were known as pocket rooms. The moon would glisten down on it all. This was the dome.

When entering the dome, it was mandatory for all of us to be in our strongest forms. The strongest that we could control that is. There are three forms that we are capable of taking.

The first being the base form. In this form our eyes change color, our teeth and claws become sharper and our senses become more powerful than they were previously. Although we already have certain strengths without any transformation at all, this simply heightens them.

Our secondary form is the Wolf form. It varies from person to person, but most are capable of having wolf ears, a tail, and fur all over their body while leaving their face uncovered. Some only have it on their torso and arms, while others have no fur at all and only obtain wolf like hands and ears. But again, it can vary in many different ways.

The third form, is our final form. And it is know as the Beast form. For centuries it has been the only form that many of our kind find the most difficult to have control over. It is the strongest and is capable of destroying mountains, some have even said that it can break entire meteors, but it is because of this uncontained power, that it is so difficult to control. Very few have been able to control it, and most never even achieve the form at all.

I would then take my strongest form. My Wolf form, as I entered the dome.

Luckily this form, as well as the first, were the least painful to change into. And as soon as I entered, A familiar little one, took notice of me.

And as soon as he saw me, he became his usual excited self. His name was Edgar, and he was one of our pups. But he was a special one to me. He reminded me of myself as a child. And I had always been close with his father.

Edgar: "Uncle Mat!"

He ran to me, I would kneel down to his level, and we hugged each other happily. His large tail would wag as he giggled. I would rub his hair and smile.

Matthew: "It seems you've gotten your second form."

Edgar: "I have! Doesn't it look super cool! I'm just as strong as you now, hehe."

I would smile at the little one. And nod.

Matthew: "You are even mightier than Vander himself."

Vander was our leader. He was the only one in our pack, who was capable of taking on the third form, without going completely berserk. Everyone looked up to him, and respected him. He was a good man. And he was like a father to everyone in the pack.

Edgar: "Well I wouldn't go that far Uncle. He's way stronger. Papa told me that he can break mountains and stuff! I wanna get that strong one day."

Matthew: "You will little one. One day."

I would pat his head, and stand up.

Matthew: "Where is your father anyway? Stuffing his face I assume."

Me and Edgar would giggle.

Edgar: "Yeah, he's over there near the feeding den. I already ate, so I'm just chilling out."

I would give him one last pat on the head, then make my way over to his father. The feeding den had all types of food, from meat, to desserts, to any other flavor you could think of. As I entered, I would smile, once I took notice of Thomas, stuffing his face full of donuts.

Matthew: "You just couldn't help yourself, could you?"

He would look in my direction and roll his eyes, as he attempted to speak with his mouth full.

Thomas: "Oh shu uuu batrd."

Matthew: "Please speak after you've swallowed your food."

It would take him a minute, but he would eventually swallow the rest of his food.

Thomas: "I said, shut up you bastard."

Matthew: "Thank you for the warm greeting."

He would roll his eyes again.

Thomas: "What do you want Mat."

Matthew: "No need for the attitude. I simply came by to say hello. That and... Well... Since you are one of my most trusted friends, I... Sort of wanted to talk with you about something."

He would squint his eyes at me.

Matthew: "....What's that look for?"

Thomas: "What did you do?"

Matthew: ".... Nothing."

Thomas: "You wouldn't get like this if you hadn't done something."

Matthew: "... Get like what?"

Thomas: "Don't play dumb. You're acting all serious. That and you have this weird sad aura about you. It's like a sad rain cloud is hovering above your head.

Matthew: "I don't have a sad rain cloud."

Thomas: "Yes you do."

Matthew: "No I don't."

Thomas: "Yes you do."

I would sigh. And grab his arm, pulling him to the side. At least far enough away to were nobody else could hear us. I would try to whisper as quietly as possible.

Matthew: " Look... There's... There's a girl."

Thomas's eyes had grown wide.

Thomas: "You? Like a girl?"

My cheeks got a bit rosy and I scoffed at him.

Matthew: "Why the hell did you say it like that."

He would lift his glasses and poke at my cheek.

Thomas: "Holy crap. You're blushing!?"

I would smack his hand away, and grunt angrily.

Matthew: "Try to fucking stay quiet you moron."

Thomas: "Okay okay sorry."

He had a stupid smile on his face, and as annoying as it was, I trudged on with the conversation.

Matthew: "Look... I can't really tell anyone about it now but-"

Thomas: "So which wolf is it? Is it Tiffany? No no it can't be her, you always thought she was annoying. Maybe Alex? I mean that might make a bit of sense... Since you're so secretive about it though... Then... No way, is it Vanders daughter Danielle?"

I would huff as he continued to ramble.

Matthew: "Oh my gosh, just shut the hell up!"

I'd give him a good wack in the head.

Thomas: "Owww. What the hell you ass hole."

Matthew: "Says you."

He would rub his head and pout.

Thomas: "Okay okay, I'll shut up."

Finally I could tell him. I sighed, and crossed my arms, leaning against the caves walls.

Matthew: "The girl... She's... A vampire."

Thomas stared at me in disbelief. And I couldn't look at him for long. I know how crazy it sounded. How wrong it might seem to most of the others.

Thomas: "Mat... Are you being serious."

Matthew: "...yes."

His expression would become as serious as mine was.

Thomas: "Have you been spending time with her frequently?"

Matthew: "No... Not to much... I mean she is one of my students at the college I work at. But other than that, we rarely see one another."

I knew that this would be to much for him to hear so quickly, so I decided to keep the fact that I'm feeding her, under wraps.

Thomas: "Mat... All I'm gonna say, is to be careful. If Vander ever found out... He..."

Matthew: "I know. I'm aware."

He would lean against the wall as well.

Thomas: "What's she like?"

I would chuckle, and smile.

Matthew: "She the most adorable thing. So kind. Always putting everyone's needs and feelings first... And... I told her we couldn't be together... But you know what she said?"

Thomas: "Hmm?"

Matthew: "... She told me that she would wait for me."

Thomas: "Wow... That's quite a statement."

Matthew: "It is..."

We would talk about other things. About how his wife was fairing in her 5th pregnancy, and how his daughter and three boys were doing in school. He had always been my best friend. One of the kindest people I'd known. And one of the most understanding.

I couldn't help but think, that maybe one day, her and Thomas could meet. And we could all sit together, eating and laughing. No more malice. No more anger. Simply peace.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

18 3 4
In a declining, pre-apocalyptic city where vampire/human society is barely hanging on by a thread, Elise, who is just a human, gets to attend the onl...
1.8K 145 23
Monsters and mythical creatures are real. They are very real indeed, as well as magic. We just can't see it... There is an island on our world, one...
10.4K 265 17
Rose was a 25 year old woman who never knew anything out of the Ordinary lived a normal life and owns a small book shop in London but one day a myst...
5.3M 142K 80
I was walking down the hallway when all of the Sudden I feel a hand grab me and pull me into a janitors closet . I let out a scream , not knowing w...