ENSHROUDED

By Aishatuh_M

Living with the teenage thought of life always being a bed of roses, Aisha Umar Faruk got her life damaged at... More

01
02
03
04
05
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
•Complete

30

406 59 10
By Aishatuh_M

With pain written all over on her face, Aisha stared unbelievably at Abba. "You slapped me?" That came as a question as she palmed both her cheeks with her hands. She wasn't looking at his face today, she was looking right through his soul and he felt the fire of her eyes burning his skin.

He threw the nylon that had her phone in at her face but she didn't flinch, her eyes were looking intently at him. "I did, and you dare lay your hands on her again and see what I'll do to you." He turned to look at Nuriyya but she had rage clouded on her eyes, "Nuriyya..." He tried to utter when she cut him off.

"Don't say a word more, Muhammad." The moment she called him that, he knew he was doomed. Nuriyya had never called him Muhammad unless he had angered her to the point that it would take them days to reconcile. She did that now, and it was solely because of Aisha.

"Don't bother to follow me, I'll be safe." She uttered through gritted teeth and looked at Aisha, her hands still placed on her cheek. "You'll surely regret this, Aisha." Her words were enigmatic as she stomped out of the balcony and Abba watched as she opened the entrance door and slammed it back with so much anger.

"That's your phone, if you like, call Baba now and tell him what happened. On Monday, I'll come to pick you up." He was out of the house in a flash, all Aisha was left with were the burning feeling his hands brought upon her cheeks and the pain that struck at her heart. She stared at the moon and wished it were human so she would have someone to converse with.

With so much pain, she stood up and the pain in her back reminded her of what he pushed her on. She was sure if she was to be properly examined, nothing could stop the doctors from seeing small fractures and internal wounds in her body. No tear dared dropped down her cheeks, because it felt like she had used up her tears for today. She was in so much pain, yet all she felt was the itching her heart made and numbness. It felt as though she was expecting someone even more painful and shocking than this, but she got what she expected less.

She turned off all the electrical appliances in the house and trudged to her room with her back aching in pain. She had only spent a month together with Abba, but it felt like a year. And whenever she looked at herself through the mirror, Aisha saw the exact opposite of that vibrant girl that was in love with the loveliest man she had ever set her eyes on. Abba maliciously cut off that rope, her only source of happiness and treated her badly that she felt she deserved nothing good in this life.

She put her phone on charge and went in to take her to bathe. With each step she took to the bathroom, she felt a rope being tied in her chest and it was suddenly becoming hard to breathe. She slumped on the floor and a gurgle of her tears escaped her lips. She clutched her chest tightly and cried even more bitterly. The pain was supposed to be felt physically, he slapped her not dived a knife into her heart, but she felt the pain at the pitch of her stomach as it slowly moved to every crevice and corner of your soul

Aisha, get a hold of yourself, this isn't the end of the world. You'll be fine, it's only a trail. She said to herself and got back on her knees with so much aplomb. She felt weak from the inside and she wanted nothing but to have this pain twinging her heart to wash away. As she took her to bathe, Aisha wished the water that was dripping on her body would move directly into her heart and wash it away. It should wash everyone that had ever resided in it, Nasir included.

It took her sometime before she slept, but what she had been grateful for was, she could finally be able to be free. After all the days and weeks she spent with Abba unmoved from the house, she was sure they were going to spend this weekend in Nuriyya's room. And she felt like from the time she started going to school, she wouldn't be in pain anymore. As she closed her eyes, Aisha fell into a slumber smiling weakly at her slowly growing strength.

Turning to the other side of her bed, she felt the burning sensation of the morning sun as it shone in her room. She groaned and softly opened her eyes. There stood her stepmother, who was a Sudanese. No matter how she tried to detest this woman, she could not. She felt a certain feeling of happiness slowly seeping into her soul and she smiled weakly and sleeping at her. "Good morning, Ilham. Thank you for disturbing my sleep, may Allah bless you."

Ilham softly smiled and walked over to the window and closed it back. She knew the best way to wake her was by setting the sun directly on her face. She often said whenever the sun shone on her skin, it felt as though a punishment from Allah for all she had committed. That's why she hardly ever gone out during the daytime.

"You should come down soon, Daddy is leaving for Cairo and he wants to see you before he left." It had only been a year since Daddy got married to Ilham, she had been their maid for all the years she could remember. When Daddy told her that he was getting married to Ilham, she was furious that she left the house and it took him days before he located her. But after the marriage, it seemed all good.

She sighed dreamily and got down her bed. The coldness that seeped through her legs was the kind of coldness she felt in her heart, always. And it had always been like that for all the years she grew up to be herself. Only that her coldness was turned to warmness whenever she was together with Ilham or Daddy. She knew it was expected of her to call Ilham with a name more respectful, but she couldn't find herself too. And Ilham was fine with that as well.

She briskly had her bathe and got ready in a swift, if not Baba, no one will ever make her do that. She got down the stairs and met him there. Seated on the dining table as he sipped his morning coffee while he read the daily newspaper. She smiled at herself and rushed towards him, she hugged him from behind; closing his eyes with her warm palm.

"Who's in the garden?" He sang, dropping the newspaper as well as his cup of coffee on the table while he laughed.

"A little fine girl." Ilham sang together with him as they set the table with one of their maids.

Daddy laughed as he sang the next line, "Can I come and see her?"

She giggled as he turned her to his side while she fried his eyes, "No no no no!" she sang and he laughed while taking her into an embrace.

"My princess is looking all lovely today. Had a goodnight, Aisha?" She looked warm from the warm and nodded her head like a baby while she sat down on the chair beside him.

"Daddy, I had the best night yesterday. All thanks to Ilham, she gave me one of her Sudanese massages until I fell asleep." She said, and they flashed Ilham a loving look as she came out of the kitchen.

"Daddy, you should eat. Humaira is bound to making you miss your flight numerously, and you said this was the only flight to Cairo, right?" Ilham looked at Humaira and smiled at the glare she sent her way.

"Ilham, why are you doing this to me? Daddy, won't you stay a little while for your Aisha? I promise to be a good girl and not cause any trouble. I won't be in a fight with anyone and I'll make sure I dodge the police. Deal?"

Both Ilham and Daddy laughed while they shook their heads. Humaira would never change, that they were sure of. She was always either in a fight with people on road, at the police station because she caused a chaos or anything sort of a crime. Because of the number of times Daddy had bailed her out, he even got an acquaintance in the police that now acted as her father whenever she was taken there and she would be brought back by him home. And then, Daddy would take over.

"Aisha, you should eat. I'll have the driver take you around anywhere you want before I come back. And also,  one of my bodyguards will have to stick by your side. Ilham, make sure she never gets out alone." Humaira looked at him and wished she can scream out her annoyance, that bodyguard of Daddy he always stocked her with was one of the most boring men she had ever since. And no matter how Humaira wanted to outsmart him, he was way smarter than she had ever thought.

"But, Daddy..." She tried to protest but when Daddy looked up from his plate and flashed her a look only she knew of its meaning, she ducked her head back into her plate and sighed defeatedly. "Fine, I'll go out with them."

She had hugged Daddy closely when he was leaving and wished him a safe return. "Aisha, make sure I won't get a call from the police station while I'm away. Can you be a good girl once, for Daddy?" He asked, and Humaira smiled while she nodded her head and hugged him again. But in her mind, she knew no one dared get in her way and go scot-free, that was a vow. Especially men.

As soon as Daddy was out of the living room, she turned and flashed Ilham one of the looks she has sure swept her off her feet. Ilham turned away and tried walking to her room when Humaira got in her front and smiled mischievously at her, "Ilham, it's either you let me out or I'll use one of my ways. I'm dangerous even on myself, you know?"

Ilham looked at her and groaned, "Humaira, I'm tired of making you a bad girl, but what more chance to do I?" She looked disturbed, and for a split second Humaira felt bad for her, she had been forcing Ilham into letting her out of the house whenever Daddy grounded her or said she wasn't allowed to go out unless with a driver or one of his bodyguards. Which she hated the most, especially the bodyguard.

"You love me that way, just call them and ask them not to bother coming today. I'll stay indoor all day." Se smiled, and Ilham heaved a sigh before she called the number and said as Humaira planned.

Humaira hugged her and smiled, "You shouldn't worry, Ilham. I'll be fine, I promise. I just need to teach someone a lesson, that's all."

Ilham squeezed her ear and Humaira yelped while she struggled out of Ilham's hold. "While teaching your lesson, make sure you don't end up in the cell. Be back before 4 pm."

Humaira laughed as she walked to her room, "You know that is never possible when Daddy isn't home, and I'm not leaving home until after two more hours. I'll try my best to be back before midnight. Stay safe and smile a lot, it makes your wrinkles disappear."

Ilham smiled at herself, she never had a daughter but she knew what having a daughter felt with Humaira. Even though she was hard to deal with, not just sometimes but anytime, she was proud that she got to be Humaira's maid and now she was finally her stepmother.

As soon as Humaira got into her room, she picked up her phone from the nightstand and dialled a number, "Make sure you have him carefully tied before I arrive. I'll be there in 20 minutes." She ended the call and got her bag set and she wore a kimono over her jeans and shirt.

Silently, she walked towards her window and looked down, she was certain the guard's Daddy had to roam around her room's window had left to escort him to the airport. She rolled down her rope to the floor and threw her bag down as well. Slowly and expertly, Humaira slipped down the rope until she was successful on the floor. She smiled at herself and straightened her kimono before she took her bag and rolled the rope in her hand.

Triumphantly, Humaira smiled at herself. She knew if she was to follow the main entrance of the house, there was no way she was going to escape the bodyguard and also the driver. She took her car's key from her bag and unlocked it. By the time she was getting out of the room, that was when the bodyguard got alarmed and she waved at me tauntingly before she sped out of the house.

"Ahh, this feels like life." She laughed and sped off.

As soon as she got to a house Daddy gave her a gift with, she packed in front of the house. Ever since the time Daddy gave her the house as a gift, he handed Ilham the keys and asked her to keep it for Humaira. But one day she got her ways with Ilham and she gave her the keys under the name that she was going to take a look around the house. She made sure she went and changed the keys before she got back home and gave Ilham the other keys she had made useless.

She had hired six men guarding the house for her and doing whatever she wanted them to do for her. Whenever she wanted to teach someone a lesson, she only gave them the address and also his or her name, and she'll make the person tied to a rope. This had taken her to the police station more than times she cared to count, but she always found her way out without Daddy knowing.

She stayed in her car for a while before she out on her sunshade before she unlocked the door and went out, not forgetting her belt that was always in the back of her car. As soon as she entered the house, she found him tied to a rope as she ordered and they had circled him. His eyes dripped with fear as he looked at her and shook his head, "Humaira, you can't be here, it's a dangerous place," His voice trembled as he spoke.

She motioned for the guys to leave and they disappeared into the house. "I'm the dangerous person here, Dawoud. I asked them to brought you here to me and tie you up so I can teach you a lesson. You can't cheat on me and break up with me. You can't dump me and go scot-free, you know?" She was getting more enigmatic with each step she took towards him.

"What are you talking about? You're the one that cheated on me and started dating someone. I only ended our relationship, was that a fault as well?" His eyes had grown up like saucers when he saw her rolling up the belt on her wrist as she smiled mischievously at me.

"Your fault here is, why did you let me fell out of love with you? After that, how dare you to break up with me?" She took steps towards him and she could see the way his heart was pounding his chest. "I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry, Dawoud. If you like, you can always report me to the police station, I'll get them to abduct you again before I even get out. And if that happens, I won't be the one that'll do the lesson. They'll teach you the lesson themselves."

Before Dawoud got a hold of what she was saying and what was happening to him, he felt like the first strick his body and he didn't know when he let out a yelp. And he watched, as Humaira mercilessly beat him up while he had nothing to do but cried. And even to cry out loud, her men will come out to warn him that he was disturbing them with too much noise. She didn't stop until she was tired and she left the house and called their number on her way to the place she found peace.

"Take him back home, warn him too. But if you hear about me being in the police station, you know what to do next." She looked at the leather belt sprawled on her passenger's sit and flung it at the back of her car. She laughed and put on some music to rejoice her victory. No one dared to break Humaira's heart. Because she was her kind of karma.

Wattpad has stopped me from replying comments again😭💔 I'm seeing y'all tears for our Dearest Aisha🤧 I wish I can reply y'all but wattpad has blocked me, I can't. Please keep writing them.

The complete book is available on both okadabooks and selar. Link on my bio.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.4K 5.7K 12
"Khadijah you aren't the only one forced in this marriage" "Yusuf have you ever been-" "You have always used that against me sayin...
50.8K 5.7K 49
The things I knew that were once unethical, were bound to be saintly. The dreams I dreamt once upon a time, seemed to be an epitome of nightmares. Th...
515 38 12
"It was not something to be digested easily, Areesh. You can't just talk about separation. It's not at all forgivable." She said shaking her head and...
79.7K 6.6K 42
He bent his head and spoke into my mouth, his lips hovering over mine, but not kissing me "If you know how hard I'm trying to control myself, you wou...