Harry-Dementor

By Harrypotter195604

When things go very wrong before his fifth year, Harry Potter tries to pretend everything is normal... while... More

Prologue
1- A New Home
2- My Precious
3- Return To Hogwarts
4- Ambassador of House Elves
5- Classes
6- Remedial Potions
A/N
7- Hurting
8- What Are You?
9- Snacks
10- Miscommunication
11- Revelations
12- A Very Dementor Christmas
13- Plan C
14- Plan D
15- Ron Meet Ronnie
16- Interrogation
17- The Perfect Day
18- Truant Dementors
18.5- Dobby's Bachelor Party
19- Actions Have Consequences
20- Drunk Dementor
21- A New Family
A/N 3
22- Summer Of Love
23- Battle of Longbottom Manor
24- New Tides
Epilogue

A/N 2

1.1K 32 4
By Harrypotter195604

A change that I've made that I should probably address here is the dementor lifespan. We really don't know much about dementors from the books, so I took license to make them more like creatures than like an immortal demon.

They are natural creatures of the world that serve a purpose in my story, extremely misunderstood, but natural all the same. As a natural creature, they do eventually die. They cannot get sick, grow old, or be killed, but their magic eventually fades, and they cease to live.

Theoretically, they and all the souls they had consumed would then pass into an afterlife. They will always live to reach the top of a wizard's lifespan since they cannot die from anything besides natural means, but they will eventually die just as all creatures in the world.

If you notice, my vampires are not immortal either. This is to distinguish the creatures of the world from what Voldemort is unnaturally doing to himself in twisting and breaking his soul.

Also, I don't see immortality as a blessing but as a curse to see all you know or will ever know grow old and die around you. If the dementors were trying to help Harry, I wouldn't want them to curse him in the process.

Lastly, this all has the added advantage of making it to where, if Harry takes care of Jamie, he will for at least most of his life be able to walk and interact in both worlds.

This is my reasoning, whether you agree with it or not, I hope you can enjoy the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 1K 18
By: Roozette Once there was a potions accident... Ha! Harry turns five, much to the distress of the I don't want to be a Death Eater brigade Publishe...
113K 3.1K 119
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚�...
32.8K 661 9
In the year 1976 at Hogwarts. It's the start of Six year and things are normal... If you ignore the 'Evans obsession', 'Dark lord having alliances to...
9.3K 227 23
Just the title. Harry Potter is going into his 6th year at Hogwarts and likes to smoke weed. That's it. He has an accident that lands him with his 16...