AGAINST ALL ODDS [The Golden...

By Zion204

[every chapter contains 2-5k word counts or more, depends to the author. which means Longer Chapters! so enjo... More

Introduction
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 12

306 12 2
By Zion204

"So you're saying Master doesn't have a body anymore?" Ao Lie asked, walking beside His Granddaughter who can't seem to let go of his Sleeves. "Well it's kinda complicated" Sandy Scratched his Head, eyes looking back to pigsy "Well yeah he doesn't have his body anymore and he just kinda floats" he Shrugged, remembering the times the monk would walk pass walls, Pop out his head behind the bathroom doors and accidentally Finding people taking a dump or He's just floating up the ceiling sleeping or Just Zoning out.

"But he looks alive to me right now"

He said, pointing to his master and then touching his Face "Long Ma Not my face please" He Chuckled but The Dragon only Tilted his head and Squished the Monks Cheeks "we don't know too but maybe it's the scroll" Mei nodded and Tripitaka kinda agree to that too. He's just. Floating ya know? But the scroll having the power to create a whole world that looks exactly the real one?.It must be it and that's why he looks Just like the old days.

"Aren't you....scared Master?"

"Eh. I'm used to it"

He Grinned, and Ao Lie Sweatdropped. "Anyways Putting aside your Shenanigans. We need to keep on going" the monk Beamed, and Ao Lie stopped on poking the monk right on his Cheeks "so were just gonna go straight?" Pigsy Deadpanned, the monk simply smiling "Well I'm kinda tired running around so we'll just walk. Maybe then you get to see what you really wanna see when you're in a Cicada Teleportation" Tripitaka Grinned, following the monk behind Mei could hear the sound of sands. And a soft ring As if following the Monks Steps, sands of gold Circled around them and Dragged them down.

Mei yelped, but a hand Held her still. She glanced up only to see her grandfather.

"woah...I've never saw you draw your power to-"

"To its Potential?"

Tripitaka Chuckled, Glancing beside Him. Ao Lie nodded "yeah....how....powerful are you exactly Master?" He asked, but the Monk stayed silent. Ao Lie....in their Journey he only sees the great Monk use his power to draw sheilds or seal some demons and heal people. But he never saw how....like this "Well....you haven't seen what The Golden Cicada Can really do in times of dire" The Monk mumbled, making Mei Frown. "But anyways, you dears stay close to me and follow okay? You may be in a Cicada Teleportation right now but you still are prone to getting seperated or lost" He smiled, Hearing this pigsy and Tang did not hesitate to stick close to Sandy and the blue Giant Standing Beside Mei and Ao Lie.

"What a strange child you are...."

"Perhaps this explains alot as to why the master takes interest on you"

The Green forest calmly Accompanied by the wind. Strangely its very calm despite of everything that's happening. He could feel his knuckles cracking, the smell of grass touching his nose and the sound of Leaves rustling along the wind.

He Gasped, opening his eyes and jolting up a Stick almost Hit his Forehead. Pointing right on his face He looked up and Blinked to see a girl with Raven hair and Wearing a Grey Hanfu "good you're awake. I was waiting for you to regain consciousness" She spoke calmly, throwing away the bamboo stick and now looking at him.

She remained sitting on a Rock, He looked around, Red Robes dangling up the trees and bamboos, he could hear faint danglings too. Soothing to hear it with the wind "are you Okay now?" She spoke, snapping the young boy back he nods "Uh. Yeah. I'm-I'm okay" he nodded again, Standing up and dusting himself she then stood up and glance to him "Well then Follow me. The Master wishest to see you" She said, and leads the way walking inside the large Stone Gates Mk Raised a brow, not complaining but simply following behind the Mysterious Girl.

"Hey miss uh...I haven't seen my Friends around and we kinda got seperated....again-but! Uh-"

"Have you seen a pig guy with a rake? Or um a Glasses Guy that looks so smart? How about a Girl with a cool as sword? oooor a Blue Giant?"

He Grinned, buy the girl remained silent as she walked. The long hallway remained dark that only the Torches could Give light, The murals of the God's was Carved up. Something that gave MK shivers.

"How about a Monk?"

He blurted, and that stopped the girl 'gotcha' He Grinned, hope Blooming in his Chest "so you saw Master Tripitaka!" He Gasped, but then she continued on walking. Mk followed suit "Wait! Okay that's cool! How about a Girl? Wearing orange clothing and her eyes color in gold?" He Rambled, but then stopped once the girl opened the door revealing a large area.

"Woah...."

"I can't Tell you everything exactly but the Master will."

She Nods, she held no harm or Killing intent to this young boy but She did hear a few Things from her Master "this is the temple of the Tilted moon and three stars" she smiled, welcoming the young boy in and Closing the doors "only few are lucky to be selected and become A student under the Teachings of the Great Master Subodhi" She said and Mk stared at the Whole scene.

There's a lot of students here, from young to adults and maybe even teenagers. Training to Master their skills and also studying "the Master Has honed Powerful Sages for Many years. And all of them are under his teachings" She exclaimed.

"Master Subodhi....so this must be the place where Monkey king learned it all!"

"His...His abilities"

He Grinned, Looking around the place, weapons Displayed on the walls and Books Stacked perfectly and so are Scrolls "Monkey king....-right!" He Gasped, remembering his mentor.

"Where's Master Subodhi? I need to see him. It's really important!"

"I-well-"

"Woooow now who the Fuck is this Shortie?"

Standing infront of them, The girl Sighs while Mk snapped his head to the two Boys who's around his age "some Fresh tuna you are and asking The Acolyte here about the Master." The boy scoffed, but Mk being Mk only Frowned "you really think you're worthy to see Master subodhi?" He snarled, Glancing Back to the girl she only Shaked her head as if telling him to not pick a fight.

"Uuuuuhhh-not really but I just really. REALLY need to Talk with him ASAP"

"Dream on Headbands no one has even seen the Master for 50 years"

"What the fu-50 YEARS?! What kind of bullshit-look I need to see him right now!"

"Then try Headbands" the two snickered poking Mk right on his Forehead, Mk Grumbled and smacked the Boys Hand "between us we've nearly learned 2 of the 72 transformations" they Grinned, taking a stance Mk Blinked.

2? As in wait-as in 2 out of the 70?

'Bro? How long have you guys been training here? I dunno years?'

'But only 2?!'

'It's like-I only learned that for like one day and a second!'

Smirking at this Mk smugly Looked at them and crossed his arms. I mean bro It's not Everyday He gets to use his mean bitch as face to rub some salt on People "woooow Dude 2 huh? Well I can Give you some pointers on the other 70!" He Grinned, and with a Snap a flash of gold Blinded them. Towering the two Mk fought the 2 Boys with his Gorilla form, showing off his Mastery by Repeatedly going from eagle to gorilla, Tiger to a Bull and suprisingly even going to the Things the students didn't know yet.

Like Being a Butterfly a Spider and a roach.

"Come on catch me!"

He laughed, shrinking to the smallest size as possible, suprising All of the students.

Bro just Showed off another teaching of the master and they are Hella confused as fuck.

Mk Grinned running quickly and Sliding under the gap of the door as he entered with a triumpath smile "AHA! See that's why you don't mess With Someone-woah!" He Yelped, suddenly going upside down he dangled up and Blinked seeing an old man and staring at him. "Master?-its you! Master Subodhi!" He laughed, letting the boy go he returned back to his normal Size.

"This is so Cool! It's an honor to Meet you Master!-wait that sounds weird maybe calling you Master Subodhi will be fine"

"But! I know this may sound weird and doesn't make sense I know but! You see I need to know where are my Friends are-"

"No need to ramble all of the nonsense" cutting him off the Master Crossed his arms and looked at the young boy "for I know what you exactly need to know. The question is do you?" He whispered, Making him Frown "you know who I am?....but....this is the memory scroll there's no way you know exactly what's happening" He Gasped, but the old Master simply Smirked and Stroked his Beard.

"I am The wise Master Subodhi young man. There is little I do not know"

He sighs, seeing this young boy he Irked once he jumped with such energy and even cheering "aww yeah! This means you can help me find Monkey king and possibly the others! Oh! Maybe also Defeating the Curse!" He gleamed, eyes Sparkling At such thought that he has the Master Subodhi Beside him and saving his friends and Beating that Curses Ass for good.

"No Giant Avengers threat World ending calamities! Yes! Just The Monkie kid Chillin with his friends once this is all over and saving lives around the city-"

BONK!!!

"Hush Your Tongue and Stand up Straight! My Goodness gracious Buddha You Talk too much! I won't even ask where you get all of the energy to run around like a toddler!"

Scolding him Mk hissed feeling that bonk strike so hard right on the spot. Which is his Head, wait where did Subodhi Even get that Stick? "This isn't about the Monkey king young man. There's something more at play here. Something about you." He pointed out and He Flinched once that Stick points to him "me? I'm just a Noodle delivery Boy but also a hero...if ya know what I mean" He Grinned wriggling his eyebrows Subodhi Groaned and Pinched the boys Ears.

"Ow! Hey! That's the second!"

"Hah. And you believe that?"

Rubbing his Ears, Mk pouted and looked at the Old Master. Subodhi simply sighs "my students who's under my Teachings has spent lifetimes to try posses the fraction of your power. Am I to believe that Sun Wukong Is the greatest Master in history?" He Frowned, stroking his Beard and humming Mk only Shrugged

"maybe? I mean he's strong and he's really great-"

BONK!!!

"Bullshi-OW!"

"Wrong! I am The Greatest Master in all of history!"

The Old Master Grumbled, with his Staff that he just Bonked Mk with he sighs again and stood up properly while Mk is still groaning in pain "However, even I admit my mentorship is not the sole reason for Sun Wukong's absurdly fast learning, just as his is not reason for yours." Now Standing infront of the balcony, Mk Blinked, suddenly feeling his palms starting to sweat.

"Tell me of your childhood. Your parents."

Suddenly asking, Mk flinched once the old Master asked him that. His heart dropping down "Oh, well... um... I..." He stammered, clenching his Sweaty Palms, avoiding the old man's Gaze Subodhi raised a brow once he saw how The young boy suddenly turned quiet.

"Oh?"

He Spoke, But Mk still avoided his eyes while thinking And Rubbing his Shoulder it's as if the Wise Masters Question hit a Sudden nail. Something that Triggered Mk and he didn't know why. It's uncomfortable and worst....he's trying.

"You do not remember?"

The Old Master blurted but Mk stopped him "no!-No I remember! Just....give me....give me a minute!" He Panicked, avoiding his Sharp eyes again and Looking down, he Gripped his Wrist and closed his eyes, forcing his Head to remember and Run through his Memories.

"What the-Hey! Pigsy there's a Small kid outside!"

"Hah?! Like kid, KID?"

"Yeah!"

He stared up the Tall man wearing a Glasses, catching his Curiosity to see that object on his face He Tilted his head, not even caring if he was Covered in Mud, twigs and Leaves "aw geez! It's raining hard!- h-hey Kiddo! Come in you're not safe outside!" The man Panicked, holding the boys hand and pulling him inside the Noodle shop.

"Tang..."

He Blinked, frowning in confusion once that memory Flashed inside his mind. That happened? "And?" Waiting for him, Subodhi stood patiently waiting for the Young boy to finish. Mk shakily Glanced to the wise Master, Sweating he closed his eyes again.

"Where are your parents?"

"I think we should give him some clothes pigsy he's gonna Get cold"

"Alright alright I'll go get some Spare clothes."

-------

"What do you mean your neighbors didn't see the kids parent with him? Should mothers or dads walk beside their kids?"

"I don't know Tang but....folks here just said the kid is just wandering around Dirty and stumbled here in my shop..."

--------

"Here kid you can draw some random stuff while I'll work..."

He stared in silence, touching those colored sticks and A white paper on the table. "Why don't you draw some Characters here in my book?" Sitting beside him The man with glasses Grinned and Showed him a drawing of a Stranger, with a crown and a Beautifully Made Staff, beside him are people he doesn't know. From a dragon,A pig, a Blue Giant and a Man wearing a red Robe.

He Awed seeing those people, especially the Guy with a crown. Gently taking the book Tang Smiled once he saw how The boys eyes gleamed seeing the Monkey kings drawing.

"While you're drawing I can tell you a story."

"That's it!"

He Gasped, Sweating and Panting, Subodhi Looked at him "Stone! Monkey kings stone! Mister Tang kept telling me stories about Monkey king!" He said, loud enough for the old Master to hear him "please. Master Subodhi take me to Monkey kings stone" He spoke, and so the wise Elder Nodded.

"Very well then. But only because you said please"

The Master Smiled, Delighted hearing the young boys Request and his manners, Mk scooted close to him, opening his palms a Bright White light Pulled The two forward, seemingly Traveling through the lands, He gasped. Now the two standing infront of a Small stone 'the mountain...were here!' Mk Grinned jumping in excitement.

"Yes! Thank you so much Master Subodhi!" He Grinned, and the old Master simply nodded. Well despite being such energetic boy atleast he never forgets his manners infront of an elder.

"Monkey king?! Monkey king! It's me Mk! I'm here now! We can go back and go back with the others!" He Grinned, calling out his Mentor and walking around the Area, not daring to touch the stone infront of him "Monkey king? Hey are you there?!" He called again, head turning around. His eyes wandering through the trees and large Stones.

"Where is he? That's his stone...."

He mumbled, Sighing he turned around to face the small Rock frowning as he looked at it

"but...."

"I have not brought you here for your Teacher young one."

Stepping in the Quiet ground, the old Master sighs "Although this was the stone from which Sun Wukong once sprung, it appears, over time, it was used to form another. A simple creature with no past, no family, and no name. There is a reason you are at the center of these stories. A reason you can harness the power of the Monkey King himself." He spoke, circling around the Area as he touched the old Stones around.

"Are you....saying I was born the same as Monkey king-"

"Wrong"

He sighs again, looking back to Mk with a Frown "without question you were not born from the stone as he was. Who or what you are, even I do not know the answer. But of one thing I am certain. Fate has plans for you. Great plans or foul?" He mumbled, the old man turning his back.

"Time will tell. Afterall you cannot rush the flow of the universe. And so is time itself"

"But-but it can't be! Im-I'm just-I'm just a Delivery Boy!-"

"Or The Kings Succesor?"

Silence......

Kings....

Succesor....

"Time.Will.Tell"

Crumbling grounds, the Sun Cried Ink. As if Reminding him of how Thic the Blood can be if there is an unanswered Truth. Of how that Truth could Unravel possible dangers and Pain that could Shackle his future.

The clouds Blowed, clearing the dark Grey sky, His back Shivered once The Clear puddles of water Turned Ink. Circling around he Stood stiff once he felt a presence behind him.

"I just Love Of how Painful the truth can be."

He Trembled, slowly turning around as he stumbled back, this is just a Joke right? RIGHT? Who's is this? It's the Ink Demon that's for sure but WHO is this? Who is the form the Demon using? "W-who are you?" He panted, and the Ink Demon Hummed and Smirked.

"Me?"

"Truth of course!"

The Demon Cackled. The wind Passing through his Skin. He felt threatened, he's not safe at all. Whatever this demon would tell him. He's gonna hear all of it just like the Ladybone Demon. And it's gonna be stuck inside his head.

"Truth?"

"Ooooh Mk~ you'll hear it! Once you do then ask."

"Who am I? Where did I come from?"

"WHO are we?"

[---○---]

One Thing that Azure found Unsettling. Is of how She....resembles someone familiar that he can't see clearly. A memory so blurry that the only thing he knew was that this person is a Man, Wearing a dark hanfu and his long locks.

Blurry. So blurry.

A Blurry memory.

The longer he sticks close to the young child his Attachment to her grows. He can't possibly Leave her alone around the mountain, he constantly Drags her away in danger or Sometimes feeds her Some Rice cakes. The young one keeps insisting that she doesn't need to eat cause she's full but Azure stubbornly still Fed her.

He sits still in the abandoned Dining Area, the place that him and his Fellow Sworn brothers would Circle and Feast. Talk and have fun with no Strains against the Heavens.

"Hey Azure! Ya sure you don't want to Play Monkey Mech with me?"

Popping out with the controls and the VR headset. Donghai Grinned and Showed him the extra control, she really wants her new friend to Try the game. Ya know like Chill and fun!

"Thanks Kid but I'll pass" Azure Chuckled, Fiddling on the memory Scroll. "You can go and rest I'll just Stay here" he smiled, and she Groaned "sheeesh okay then. Just call if you need something!" She Waved, going back inside Monkey kings Hut to play the game.

He stayed there. Silence Accompanying him with the Sun Peeking through the Cracks,the walls with their faded Paintings of old Tales.

He could feel it.

It's close.

"Wait...." He whispered to himself, closing his eyes as he Traced his palms on the Dark Bamboo.

He Frowned, to see a Small smidge of gold on one section of the scroll. he took it out and Inspected it. One Section having a Smidge? Was that even possible? Wait. No its not a smidge.

But the Symbols melted. As if a strong heat just Made it like this.

"What the...."

He doesn't really know But....it wouldn't possible for any heat to Melt the Carved symbols on the Bamboo. The Underworld itself Made the Memory scroll as a Prison for the sinned souls. "I shouldn't dwell too much with this" He sighs, returning the Black bamboo to its original place-

CRACK!

The Bamboo cracked, until it shattered. He jumped, eyes widen once he saw the bamboo Crack and shatter to pieces-

"It's no Use..."

"Azure....If one thing that I'll sacrifice its my life."

"No! I made an oath to protect you at all cause! I'm not abandoning you!-"

"LISTEN TO ME!"

The shattered pieces. Like burned Ashes it formed a Memory covering the whole area. The memory itself Dragging The Lion down.

"GO! A safe Path is hidden behind the castle Gates! Lead The remaining Troops!"

He Frowned, to see that Man again "what about you?" He turned around, Blinking to see himself....he looks....so young is that really him? But how come he didn't remember This memory?

"Leave them to me...."

"Afterall...."

"It's time to serve my Purpose"

The Wind Blowed, covering his eyes he gasped seeing the Sky turned Bloody red. Nothing but strong Flames Bursting through the Grounds and Soldiers Fighting against one man who stands in the middle of a Blazing Fire.

"Azure!"

Blinking, Donghai Poked his shoulder "dude you Okay?" He looked around, to see that he's back. He Glanced back to the memory scroll, seeing that it has now a missing bamboo.

'It burned to Ashes...'

"Yeah-yeah I'm fine..."

He nodded, and Donghai Tilted her head. "Okay? I thought something happened to you" Hearing that Azure Chuckled, his eyes Slowly Looking back to her.

"Nothing really, just Zoning off. Anyways Why don't we Look around Monkey kings Stuff Again? You might find something that's yours"

"Oh! Cool! Let's go! Monkey king got Some of Nezha's Weapons and I wanna see them!"

The Golden Cicada Season 4

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 56.5K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
137K 5K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
605K 14.7K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...
130K 3.5K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...