This Love~...

By gracexmoormeier

[UNDERGOING EDITING] luke hughes, your college friend invited you to his draft party the year he was seeing i... More

playlist
hughes fam
anxiety
drafted
lake house
pink skies
ellen time
neighbor
the archer
move in with me
article
realization
beach day
early birthday
saying goodbye
crash
mini her
haunted
again
hatred
this love
woah
fast forward
bonus chapter: first date
A/N

hands tied

3.7K 30 10
By gracexmoormeier

"and how you held me in your arms that september night, the first time you ever saw me cry"
——taylor swift

today is the day of the beach party abby invited me to. we collectively decided to not tell the boys where we were going so they wouldn't show up and be total buzzkills trying to be overprotective.

i later realized that that could've been one of the dumbest decisions i've ever made.

abby slept over at the hughes lake house in my bedroom with me so we could wake up and get ready together.

i slept with my heatless curlers in all night and abby just decided on using a curling iron in the morning.

once we woke up it was about 11:30; don't judge, we were gossiping all night. as soon as we were up we laid our dresses out and i took my hair out of the wrap.

"let's go get some matcha, we don't want to be bloated when we put our dresses on."

we walked down the shop after letting ellen and the boys know where we were going, at least we did for this time, and grabbed some matcha, i got mine with lemonade in it since it isn't my favorite thing in the world.

"so, whatre your thoughts on the party tonight?"
"i'm excited, i haven't been to a party since the frat party my friends from home went to for halloween."
"you know, for some reason i always get denied from frat parties."
"my friend got denied from one that i didn't cause the guy was totally eye fucking me. we went to another one where no one was monitoring the door."
"you didn't want to get some action?"
"hell, no." we laughed. "he was a senior it was so nasty." i shuddered.

"well, i plan to find me my summer romance."
"why not just talk to trevor?"
"eh, i don't know. he hasn't brought up anything about last summer. i know guys can be stupid but if he doesn't see this going anywhere i'm just gonna move on, you know?"
"i guess, yeah."
"but what about you and jack? anything else happen?"
"no not really. we haven't necessarily had a moment alone since the day before yesterday."
"yesterday at the bar i swear he had the cutest look on his face, he looked at you like you were the only girl in the world."
"really?"
"yeah, it was so adorable. ellen saw it too we both laughed at him together."
"of course she did, i swear that woman knows everything."
"eh, they say it's a mothers instinct."

we both made it back to the house and we walked into the kitchen to see everyone eating.

"hey, guys."
"hey, girls."
"what the hell are you drinking?" luke asked us.

"wanna try?" i handed him my drink.

he took a sip from the straw and instantly gagged, trying his hardest to not spit it out.

abby and i both laughed at him as he immediately drank the water he had next to him.

"that's nasty, how are you drinking that?"
"i'm used to the taste by now." i said.

"we are going to go get ready." abby grabbed my arm and ran with me upstairs, it seems we've been doing a lot of that lately.

she begins curling her hair while we listen to music together and i touch up my curls, adding some hairspray so hopefully they stay.

we decided to just do our skincare routine for right now and then once it gets later we'll do our makeup because the party isn't until sundown.

we watched a few movies together, me forcing abby to watch miss americana, because she needs to get educated.

"this movie just made me view taylor swift in a whole other standpoint."
"seeeee, this is why i love taylor swift."

we both laughed and sooner or later it was seven so we were doing our makeup and getting in our dresses. once we were done we took some pictures and posted them to insta.

delilah.paisley vaca bestie
tagged theonlyabby
liked by lukehughes_06, trevorzegras, connorpaisley and 494 more...

user- who is this?? why do nhl boys follow her??

lukehughes_06- where are you going dressed like this??

trevorzegras- i think jack just went into cardiac arrest
delilah.paisley^ LMAO
user- jack?? jack hughes??

user- how do luke and trevor know her?

connorpaisley- have fun, lil sis
delilah.paisley^ thx big bro 😎

theonlyabby- we're so hot!

abby and i finished getting ready and we walked down the stairs to see everyone in the living room watching something on the tv.

"hey, guys. what ya watching?"
"happy gilmore."
"oh, i love that movie." i chuckled.

"really?"
"yeah. i watched it all the time with my brothers when i was little. my older brother played hockey when he was younger but quit in college."
"we gotta get going, see ya guys later."
"hey, please be safe." jack said looking at us, more specifically, me.

"yeah. we will be." i gave him a reassuring smile and headed out the door with abby.

we walked towards the beach and once we got there it was already full of drunk young-adults and teens.

"let's go get a drink." long story short, abby got drunk and i was only slightly tipsy, trying to keep an eye on abby.

she ended up finding some guy and i'm pretty sure they headed to his car to go fuck, but i really wouldn't know. i was sitting alone by the water when a guy came up and sat down next to me.

"hey, beautiful."
"hey?"
"you here alone?"
"no, my friend went to go get another drink."
"how about i take you somewhere and we can have some fun."
"no thanks im good."
"oh, come on, let's go." he grabbed my hand.

"dude, i said no."
"and i said let's go."

TRIGGER WARNING: SEXUAL ASSAULT

he pulled me up and pulled me away from the party.

"let me go." i resisted and tried pulling away from him but his grip was too tight.

he pushed me up against a tree and before i knew it he was kissing down my neck. his breath smelled of alcohol and he was sweaty.

he grasped my ass and chest in his hands trying to feel every part of my body.

i was kicking him with my legs when he pulled away.

"i'm gonna go grab a friend. he might wanna play with you too." he took his belt from his pants and tied it against a tree branch. "don't move."

he walked away and i quickly tried releasing myself from the belt. i couldn't but then i remembered that my phone was in my bra.

i picked my leg up and somehow kicked it out of my dress, it landing on the ground. thank god for the years and years of cheer.

with teary eyes i tried getting to my emergency contact with my bare feet, but couldn't. then i remembered i still have siri on.

"hey, siri." i got its attention. "call lukey."
"calling lukey."

"delilah, what's up?"
"luke- please help. i'm down at the beach." i choked on my tears. "please i think he's coming back and with someone else, i'm tied to a tree- just please get here quick."
"ok, deli i'm on my way, can you get fr-"

the line went cold.

"luke. luke?? someone please help me!"

i called and sobbed but to no avail, no one came. i was too far away from the party. i stood there trying to release my hands from the belt.

i stood there for what felt like forever before i saw two figures walking over. no. no no no no, please someone help. i kept thinking.

"delilah!?" i heard a call from the opposite direction.

"luke! luke please i'm over here and they're coming back!"
"delilah, oh my god." he ran over and untied my hands.

i watched as the two guys saw luke, jack and trevor run over and they ran away as fast as their feet could take them.

i fell into luke's arms as he untied me and sobbed into his shirt.

"i got you, i got you it's ok." he held me into his chest as i hyperventilated.

"hey, hey, hey, look at me." i heard from beside me.

i looked over and saw jack kneeling down next to us. he grabbed me off luke and sat me down in his lap so i was looking at him. i put my head down and started scratching my arms, something i always did when my anxiety took over. my neck was my next victim, i could still feel the guys grimy hands all over me.

jack grabbed my hands and held them with one he sat against his chest so i could feel his heartbeat.

"you feel that? try to just concentrate on my heartbeat ok? take big deep breaths for me, gorgeous."

i listened and took shaky breaths until they mellowed down and became slow and constant.

"good. that's good, pretty, you did it." he held my face in his hands and gave my forehead a kiss, holding my head to his chest as i stayed in a ball on his lap.

"i'm so sorry, i should've never come here." i whispered.

"no, no do not be sorry for those sick sons of bitches, ok? this is not your fault."
"where's abby?" trevor asked.

"actually, yeah. where the hell is she she should've never left you alone?"
"i- i don't know, she walked off with some guy."
"shit."
"come on, we're going to find her and then bring you guys home."

jack helped me stand up and kept his arm wrapped tightly around my waist as we walked back towards the party.

there we met a distressed looking abby who seemed to be looking for something, or someone.

"oh my god, delilah, what happened? where were you?"
"why the hell did you leave her alone? she just got sexually assaulted by some guy cause you didn't stay with her and went to go hook up with some random ass dude!" jack yelled.

"i-i'm sorry, i didn't know-"
"yeah, no shit, abby."
"yo, hey. this isn't her fault either, chill dude. i know you're upset, angry even, and so am i but don't take this out on someone who has nothing to do with it." trevor defended.

jack just huffed and continued walking away with me back towards the house. we walked in silence, he let go of my waist once i could clearly see where i was going and now we were left with our hands occasionally brushing against each other's.

"i think trevor is upset with abby."
"why? he just defended her."
"abby told me they had a thing last summer. she didn't think they were anything anymore cause he never mentioned it to her after."
"yeah, well we of all people know he's stupid."
"yeah..."
"hey... are you ok, delilah? i mean- i know that you aren't, no girl should ever have to go through something like that, but can i help, in any way?"
"you've already helped but just coming to get me."
"if you called i'd always come and get you. no matter how far away i am, if you need me i'll always be there."
"thank you... really."
"you don't have to thank me delilah." he grabbed my hand in his as we made it to the house.

"did you tell them anything?" i whispered to jack.

"no, i didn't. we just told them that you wanted us to go pick you up."
"can we not tell them? i just don't want this to be a bigger thing than it already is."
"i won't tell them. you can when you're ready. i'll tell z and  luke too, ok?"
"ok. thank you."
"stop saying thank you."
"sorry."
"stop saying sorry."
"sorry. oh- oops." he chuckled at me and opened the door to the house, letting me in first.

"hey, delilah, how was the party?" alex asked as we walked in.

"it was ok. i just got tired and wanted to come back." i smiled slightly.

"go ahead and get some rest, honey."
"goodnight, dells."
"goodnight." i waved softly and headed up the stairs with jack.

once we got back to my room i just sat on my bed placing my shoes on the floor and pulling my knees to my chest. jack sighed and went through my clothes, pulling out a pair of shorts and running across the hall to another room.

"here, you should get changed." he handed me my shorts and a hoodie. new jersey devils, 86.

i took the clothes from his hands and he went to walk out when i grabbed his arm making him turn around.

"can- can you stay?" i looked in his eyes.

"uh, yeah, yeah. i'll just wait in here, you change in the bathroom?"

i nodded and walked towards the bathroom, shutting the door softly. i didn't really feel like being alone so i quickly slipped out of my dress and threw on the clothes.

i walked out of the room and jack looked at me and smiled.

"you're so tiny and cute." he said looking at me in his hoodie.

i loved this hoodie; it smelled just like him. you would think for him being an nhl player and having money he'd be wearing expensive gucci cologne, but he smelled almost the exact opposite from a name brand cologne.

he smelled like vanilla and cinnamon which happens to be one of my favorite scents.

i blushed and tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

i almost drowned in his hoodie, being 5' 3" isn't very fun sometimes.

"come on, pretty, let's get you in bed."

he grabbed my hand and laid me down in my bed. he grabbed a makeup wipe he probably found on the dresser and gently wiped all the makeup off my face to the best of his abilities.

he threw it out in the side trash can and sat on the edge of the bed tucking me in the covers.

"comfy?"
"yeah.."
"hey, if you need me at all i'm right across the hall. even if it's four in the morning and you just can't fall asleep wake me up, ok?"
"okay."
"okay."

he handed me the turtle stuffed animal he picked out for me when i first got here and turned the bedside lamp off.

"goodnight, deli."
"goodnight, jack."

he got up and walked out of the room, gently closing the door behind him. my eyes fluttered shut and soon enough i let the darkness consume me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.9K 1.3K 40
It's the most horrible time of the year for Miracle Zegras, especially when hearthrob, boy next door and-her childhood crush-comes home for the holid...
70.3K 1K 23
- being rewritten. (go read crazy for you!! the rewrite!!) " you're crazy " " crazy for you " ♉︎ ₊ ❜ luke hughes︙🌊 ✦ * 💭 ⊹ © 2023 mr...
186K 2.5K 50
❝𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 "𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶," 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 �...
121K 1.8K 47
sequel to Dessert • • • • Jack Hughes x OC