Batman Beyond - Burning Passi...

By TaylaDragoHester

From many years later for Bruce Wayne is no longer Batman to still be with Megan to start a bounty hunter bus... More

Rebirth Parts 1 and 2
Black Out
Golem
Meltdown
Heroes
Shriek
Dead Man's Hand
The Winning Edge
Spellbound
Disappearing Inque
A Touch of CurarΓ©
Ascension
Splicers
Earth Mover
Joyride
Lost Soul
Hidden Agenda
Bloodsport
Once Burned
Hooked Up
Rats
Mind Games
Revenant
Babel
Terry's Friend Dates a Robot
Eyewitness
Final Cut
The Last Resort
Armory
Sneak Peek
The Eggbaby
Zeta
Plague
April Moon
Sentries of the Last Cosmos
Payback
Where's Terry?
Ace in the Hole
King's Ransom
Untouchable
Inqueling
Big Time
Out of the Past
Speak No Evil
The Call Parts 1 and 2
Betrayal
Curse of the Cobra Parts 1 and 2
Countdown
Unmasked

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

112 2 0
By TaylaDragoHester

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 39 - Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

A gang of Jokerz launch a raid on Gotham Shipping to steal a large piece of electronic technology with three forklifts. Another Jokerz gang here, I'll explain who the six of them are...

*Bonk 'Ben "Bonk" Knox' - In the normal time stream, Bonk was a hulking man with brute strength, but little finesse or judgment. He was strong enough to match Batman's enhanced strength, but neither quick enough nor smart enough to beat him in a fair fight.

*Chucko 'Charles Buntz' - Chucko was a nasty bullying type who truly enjoyed inflicting misery on others. A head enforcer for his Jokerz gang, he was a lot stronger and faster than his flabby gut would lead one to believe. True to his sadistic nature, Chucko's face was always hidden behind his mocking clown mask.

*Dee Dee (Dee 1) and Dee Dee (Dee 2) ' Delia Dennis and Deirdre Dennis' - The twins were Olympic-level gymnasts and experts at tumbling and hand-to-hand combat. They proved difficult for Batman to defeat in combat initially, due to their cooperation.

*Ghoul - Ghoul is not much of a physical fighter, virtually always being the easiest member of the gang Batman has beaten (usually with one punch). He does seem to have a vast knowledge of technology, as he was able to locate equipment for Joker's plan. With his upgrades in an alternate future, he was considerably much more of a threat although he was still brought down easily when confronted by the Justice League.

*Woof - Woof was a giggling criminal who was spliced with DNA from a hyena, and joined the gang of Jokerz led by the resurrected Joker. While most spliced individuals managed to keep their humanity intact, the effects on Woof were more extreme, and he had become nearly feral. He would often be paired with Ghoul, during various robberies committed at the request of their leader.

"Let's have some fun, people!" said Ghoul. "Come, Woof!"

"Right!" same with Chucko.

"Let's do this!" Bonk too.

"Lots to do tonight, huh Dee Dee?" one Dee said to her sister.

"The sooner, the better, Dee Dee." and the other one.

The robbery is interrupted by the arrival of Batman and Batwoman for her to start things off with some fireworks.

"Well, look at this Bats! Six trouble making Jokerz gang people are at it again for us to stop."

For her to show up for Gwen/Batwoman were ready...

"(We won't let any of you hurt the many lives.)" she said.

And so does Batman to show up out of the shadows.

"It's a school night, boys and girls. I'm gonna have to call your folks." he said.

A fight ensues, which turns into a pursuit in the skies of Gotham City. One of the forklifts the Jokerz are using to carry away the equipment, piloted by Bonk, takes off to fight Batman, leaving the equipment and the other craft to crash.

"Hey, the craft...!" Batwoman tires to slow it down from the fall. "So heavy..."

Batman overcomes Bonk and Batwoman stops Woof and Ghoul single handily, and Bonk craft crashes. The equipment crashes to the ground, but Chucko manages to retrieve its memory chip and escape with the others before the equipment explodes.

"(They got the memory chip of the thing!)" Gwen then asks her boyfriend a question. "(Now what?)"

Seeing the mess they made, the Jokerz need to be stopped.

"For one thing...this ain't coming out of my pay check." said Terry/Batman. "Either way, Gwen, we'll stop them."

For both Gwen and Terry are puzzled as to why the Jokerz would be stealing advanced technology. With Megan trying to get something from her computer on any clues.

"Relax, you two. I'm working..." she said. "Once we do find out more about these teen clowns, the better we can stop them and their leader, whoever it is. This might take a bit, Bruce."

Bruce Wayne theorizes that they're engaged in industrial espionage.

"They might be stealing it to selling it."

"Don't think that way, Bruce, that's not like you." Megan said while holding her husband. "No, it has to be something else."

Gwen wanted to know too as she tries everything to aid Megan.

"Don't think you're the only one with hacking skills, Megan, you taught me a lot." she said. "The least I can do is to help out."

Just then, Terry sees a news report that Wayne has announced his return to active leadership of Wayne Enterprises, to the disappointment of acting Operations Manager and rival-for-corporate-leadership Jordan Pryce.

"That guys seems to be full of himself..." Terry resolves to wait for the Jokerz to make their next move. "Still, I think this might lead us to something, Gwen."

To make their next move soon enough.

"Yeah, this is our only lead we got."

However, Terry does end up feeling the after-effects of a bite given to him by the spliced Jokerz member Woof in the earlier fight.

"Man, that hurt...It still won't stop us from dating." he said to grab hold of Gwen. "Let's hit the towns."

"Are you sure in that condition, Terry?" she worries.

He decides to go on his date with Gwen that evening to catch up with Dana and her friends, despite the fact that such an injury would be difficult to explain, and Bruce's advice that he get a good night's rest instead.

"Try to get some sleep when you can." Bruce tells Terry. "You'll need it. And Gwen, try to come back later, unless you're spending the night..."

The two blushed.

"Nice one, Bruce! It proves they love each other a lot." Megan makes a joke.

"Oh, Uncle Bruce...!" said the shy Gwen. "Please..."

Bruce then gives Terry something to have when needed, on two things.

"What's this?"

"I see you really love Gwen a lot, Terry. Try to take your time until she wants to and then...for protection for you both to put on and the pill." with Bruce telling Terry that to know what he was doing.

Talk about embarrassing but it was important.

"Okay, I get it!" Terry hides it. "I'll get more on my own next time. And yeah, I do love Gwen. A lot."

With the night for Terry and Gwen were having...some of the fun tonight, Terry is so tired that he not only falls asleep at the dance club but seems to be dozing through the dances, and even talks to the wrong girl by mistake.

"Sorry, Dana, a long night he had with Uncle Bruce." Gwen tries to explain. "(Talking to the other girl, he must be really tired.)"

Dana is initially annoyed but soon pulls Terry off the dance floor to sit down and talk over coffee instead.

"I'll help you out, Gwen, it's the least I can do. Keep lover boy close to you and not on another girl."

"Thanks, Dana, you're a good friend." Gwen smiled.

"Don't mentioned it." Dana gets Terry some coffee to have.

The Jokerz return to their lair, an abandoned candy factory. Chucko offers the memory chip, explaining that it was all he could get away with when Batman and Batwoman interfered. Their leader, hidden in the shadows, angrily smashes the chip with his fist and proceeds to berate them for their incompetence. Bonk is angered by this, and tells his fellow gang members that not only is their new leader is having them steal a lot of high tech equipment instead of money, but also that he never even explained to them what he planned to do with the components that they stole for them if he even had one.

"We're so sick and tired of this doing for you, man! Where's our fair share, huh?!" Bonk was mad. "It's all about the goods with no plan, is that is? Unless this guy really has one!"

This fact made the Jokerz think it over and then glare angrily at their leader. When Bonk shouts that he wants out, the leader responds by pulling a gun on Bonk. Terrified, Bonk takes back his statements, but the leader pulls the trigger ― and a comical 'BANG!' flag pops out. Bonk breathes a sigh of relief ― and the leader pulls the trigger again, shooting the flag into Bonk's chest like a dart, whereupon his bloodstream is quickly flooded with Joker venom. Wait, he's still alive?! Huh!? The leader steps out of the shadows, revealing himself to be the original Megan and Batman's old archenemy, the Joker.

"You know kids, a lot has changed while your old uncle Joker's been away. New Gotham, new rules...even a new Batman and Batwoman taking over. But now I'm tanned, I'm rested, and I'm ready to give this old town a wedgie again!" He now sports a skin-tight purple outfit, short green slicked-back hair, and is oddly lacking in eyebrows. The terrified remaining Jokerz swear their allegiance to him, and Ghoul begins searching the net for places to acquire a new piece of equipment while Dee Dee takes out the trash (by disposing of Bonk's eerily smiling corpse). "Bonk?" Joker checks to be killed thanks to him. "Oh, right. Dead."

Bruce, Gwen, Megan, and Terry arrive at an evening gala at which Bruce plans to inaugurate his return.

"You'll be fine." Megan kisses Bruce quickly to act like his friendly and tough bodyguard. "Okay, people! Step aside! Move it!"

Said speech is immediately interrupted by familiar hysterical laughter.

"Another one of the Jokerz members...?" questioned Gwen.

"(But not alone...)" Gwen's inner voice added.

The spliced half-hyena Jokerz member Woof then jumps into the crowd of spectators. Megan Tsuki steps in the play the bounty hunter hero with her powers to throw things at Woof.

"Get back, everybody!" she fights on. "Gwen, stay with Terry and Bruce to use a little of your fire powers carefully. Not to much since you two can't change into crime fighting duos yet..." with Megan saying that, she gets to work. "Bad, dog! Heel!"

During the distraction, Chucko and Ghoul break into the Wayne Enterprises lab downstairs and steal the desired technology, as well as gassing security. Up above, Bruce easily overcomes Woof with his cane to Megan's powers to hold and kick back.

"Not good...Trouble down below the Jokerz are hacking into the computer systems here!" Gwen said to checking it out. "(Time for Terry and I to get to work.)

After checking on Bruce, Terry and Gwen dash off to suit up.

"Let's go, Gwen!"

"Okay!" she transforms. "Burning passion. Batwoman!"

For Batwoman to appear, it was show time.

"Time for round two against these loser clowns, Gweny!"

However, Wayne is then attacked by the newly arrived Dee Dee twins and is down on the ground when the Joker makes a dramatic entrance onto the stage, much to Bruce's shock and horror.

"Hello, Gotham! Joker's back in town!" he said with an evil laugh.

"It can't be...!"

Same with Megan to try to save her husband.

"Bruce! I got...!" she was shock to stop attacking to see an old enemy again. "(No...! This can't be...Joker?!)"

The now-costumed Terry and Gwen return but is occupied with Woof as Joker and Dee Dee board a hovercraft.

"Hold it, Bozo the Clown and gang!" shouted Batwoman to fire a warning shot. "I'll turn you all into a crisp!"

"It's good to see old Brucey again. Megs, love the look to look a little...out dated!" said the Joker. "And what do we have here...? The Batwoman with fire powers, this one I like. Ah, the new boy. Ears are too long and I miss the cape, but not too shabby. Not too shabby at all."

When Terry tries to pursue and Gwen, Joker detonates a series of explosives, causing further chaos. Batman, Batwoman, and Megan were forced to save civilians rather than pursue.

"I can't believe this...!" shock Megan.

"You two know this clown boss?" Gwen senses something wrong with Bruce and Megan. "(I never seen these two look so horrified of the man before, if so then we got a real big problem on our hands.)"

Good thing all of the people were saved, but another machine was stolen by Joker and the other five Jokerz members.

"So...Now what?" Batwoman asks.

On the way back to Wayne Manor, Bruce assures Terry and Gwen that saving the civilians was the right choice.

"You two did the right thing."

"Yeah, but with the Jokerz still causing trouble, Uncle Bruce, Terry and I can't stop them or the boss himself." said Gwen.

"No kidding..."

"Megan?" Gwen sees if Megan was fine.

"I don't want to talk about it!"

Something big must've happened to make Megan freak out this much worse than before since Joker's back. Terry muses aloud that the Joker seemed pretty vigorous for a man who should be in his mid-80's.

"If your old enemy is back, how is this Joker alive. Robot? Clone? Alien? Mutant?" he asked.

"I can even feel anything from the clown no matter what I try..." Gwen got nothing. "Sorry, Terry."

When Terry tries to get some feedback speculation on the suspect (Clone? Robot? Suspended animation?), a grim-faced Bruce simply orders him to carry on driving.

"Shut up and drive."

"Yes, sir." Terry keeps on driving.

In another part of Gotham, the now middle-aged Tim Drake sees a news report on the Joker's re-appearance and is horrified. Something must've happened to him a while back with Joker too, but what...? Undaunted by Bruce's aloofness, Megan tells the two who to ask more than him or her.

"You guys want some answers about Joker...? Go to Barbara, she'll tell you everything no matter how many times you ask of her."

And with that, Gwen and Terry try talking to Commissioner Barbara Gordon for information and receives much the same reply from her: it isn't his business and that if Bruce ordered him to drop it, he shouldn't concern himself with it.

"What can you tell us about clowns?" Terry asked.

"In this town, they're never funny." Barbara meant business.

So much for getting some answers...

"Sorry to bother you, Barbara." Gwen said. "I just want to say that we had to come here...Uncle Bruce won't say anything, and neither will Megan. And I never seen those two scared of anyone or anything before until last night. But please tell us everything if you do know. Thanks."

Barbara does say this part for Gwen to hear only.

"I'll think about it."

As Terry and Gwen leave, they pass by Drake, who has his own appointment with Barbara.

"(Hmm...Another familiar feeling from Bruce, Megan, and Barbara's past, huh?)" Gwen's inner said to the real one. "(I wonder who could this one be?)"

In the Batcave, Bruce runs a voice comparison between the Joker at the ceremony and his old recordings: They are identical.

"You got anything, Megan?" he asks his wife.

Trying to hack a bit further to get the same as Bruce did to be harder to go through it over and over again.

"Ah!!! What does it look like, Bruce? I got nothing!" she was mad. "This never happened to me before! I get things right to solving it, but not this one..." Megan looks at Ace. "And it's not because I'm old, okay?!"

"Calm down." Bruce holds Megan's hand.

"Sorry, it just...I'm more worried about Terry and Gwen's safeties more than having our old enemy back in Gotham."

Terry and Gwen both returned and Terry realizes that the Joker, whom Bruce never mentioned once, must have been the greatest ever of Bruce's old foes and even Megan's.

"It wasn't a popular contest."

"Uncle Bruce, was he insane to hurt others for no reason?" Gwen asked.

"Something like that." he answers back.

"More than you know, Gwen..." so did Megan. "I was kidnapped a lot to be fish food, gassed, thrown off, almost killed, to be fish bait, shot at, and...Well, shot at again that almost coast me my life."

What did happen to Megan to make her scared of Joker? Then Terry asks how it's possible that Joker could still be alive, and Bruce says it's impossible: The Joker died years ago, and Bruce watched it happen.

"But how's this possible?" Terry asked.

"It's not...he died years ago." Bruce tells them. "Megan and I, we were both there to see it all."

Terry concludes that Joker was planning a crime so heinous that Bruce had no choice but to kill him.

"If he's really dead, then that means..." Gwen gets it. "You didn't...Uncle Bruce?"

"You killed him." Terry added. "You and Megan saw Joker doing something so bad, you ha no other choice but to stop him."

Even Gwen's other self didn't think so either.

"(Dang, man!)"

"Well, what do you guys think?! We had no choice!" Megan only said that part and leaves it be. "Sorry..."

Bruce does not give an explanation but tells Terry that he wants him to hand in the Batsuit, reasoning that since Terry avenged his father's death, he has no need to continue wearing the cowl. Same with Gwen to turn in her Batwoman suit to be no more without it.

"Terry. Gwen. I want for you two to turn in you Bat suits."

"Why?" the two asked.

"There's no reason to be Batman and Batwoman anymore since it was for revenge. One to set free, while the other to get back from those who killed your father." he tells them. Bruce thanks Terry for upholding the reputation of Batman but declares that he was wrong to 'force this life' upon Terry. And for Gwen to be free now from now as Powers' living weapons to be used on.

"Uncle Bruce, you're hiding something to keep us out, aren't you? Don't do this to us..." Gwen begs of Bruce.

He takes Gen's suit out of her hands.

"I have to." he said.

"Megan! Say something..."

"For once, Gwen, I have to agree with him." she stays out of it to stand by Ace's side. "It's for the best."

Gwen lost her suit now, but Terry refuses to give up the suit, saying that fighting crime as Batman is what makes him a worthwhile person, after so many years as an irresponsible, lawless teenager.

"Gwen...!" he say something. Hey, I was the one who broke in and swiped the suit, remember? Yes, there was my dad's murder, but we come from two different worlds, Mr. Wayne. I wasn't like you, or the kids you took in. I was a pretty kid once, ran with a rough crowd, broke a lot of laws to say nothing to my folks' hearts. The kind of punk you wouldn't have wasted a second punch on back in the day."

"Your point?" Bruce questions Terry.

"I'm trying to make up for past sins and protecting the woman I love to live a normal life. The state says my three months in juvie wiped me clean, but my soul tells me different. Every time I put on that suit, it's my chance to help people who are in trouble, I guess on a personal level. It's a chance to look like a worthwhile human being again, in my eyes, if no one else's. It's what I want, Bruce."

Bruce listens quietly, but turns away, calling Terry a 'stupid kid' and claims that he doesn't know what he wants, much like his previous sidekicks.

"Stupid kid. You don't know what you want. None of you or Gwen ever did."

A stunned and angered Terry retorts by throwing the Batsuit at Bruce's feet and leaving.

"Why, Uncle Bruce?" Gwen leaves in tears to catch up to her boyfriend. "(Me without the other me coming out...but my powers to control...) Terry, wait!"

It was hard for Ace to see them leave and Bruce to do the right thing for Megan to support on her husband to make a hard decision.

"Bruce, you had to do it."

With Terry back to his house, to not be alone since Gwen ran off to check on her boyfriend to be gone for a bit. Trying to fly around town carefully without getting caught, she finds his place to hang out with him.

"Gwen?" Terry was surprised to see her. "You followed me?"

"Sorry! I know. I should've stayed, but I needed Bruce and Megan to have time for themselves and us to lose the job...This is bad. I want to do more, but we can't!"

Almost burning the carpets to stop to put it out herself, this was going to be rough for the two of them.

"Hey, I get it. It's okay." he said. "I'm glad you're here. Make yourself at home."

Gwen does to sleep in the spare bedroom in the house.

"Thanks, I'll unpack and check out with you for a bit before I got to bed." said Gwen. "At least we have each other-!"

But Terry stops Gwen from going anywhere to hold her in his arms.

"Wait."

"What's wrong, Terry?" she was confused.

"Please...Sleep with me tonight, Gwen."

He was serious about it.

"Sleep with you...?"

"It'll be fine...I got you and I won't let you go, Gwen. I love you so much." Terry means it. "I'll be gentle..."

Gwen allows it for her and Terry to get to bed together to have a full night of making out and such, even with protected sex to not let something happen by accident.

"Oh, Terry...Yes, take me. I love you so much." Gwen means a lot.

They hugged, kissed, stayed that way for a long night to have their moment of love to feel special for them to fall asleep and to have their first...safe type of sex feeling ever 'thanks to Bruce lending Terry a condom' and pills for Gwen to take just in case. Ha! Well, they enjoy waking up the next morning for Terry's mother and Matt were awake to get Terry to come out of bed.

"Terry, time for breakfast!"

"Yeah, get up already!" said Matt.

The two got up to be in bed and... how odd to be in this type of feeling.

"Oh, no! I didn't tell your mother or brother I was coming over!" Gwen felt bad. "Now what?"

Terry thought about something.

"Go get clean up in the bathroom while I keep them business, Gwen, then sneak from the window to come in the front." he tells her. "Hurry, to make it look like you want to spend the night once my Mom knows."

With Terry coming out first, Gwen goes to d that carefully and in time without any of the two seeing her.

"Thanks, Terry, I'll be seeing you in a bit. (That was still wonderful...)"

Winking, it was a close call to make their night worth it...Gwen does it to make it around front to have breakfast with Terry there as he looks like he got up on his own.

"What a woman..." said the happy Terry.

Right from there, Terry is having breakfast and reveals to his mother and Matt that he is no longer working for Mr. Wayne. And then Gwen knocks on the door for Terry's mother allowed her in.

"Well, hello Gwen. Come right in. I hope you're hungry for breakfast."

"If you're inviting me to join you this morning, thank you, Ms. McGinnis." she joins with Terry. "Morning, Terry."

"Morning to you too."

What a close call...Later on that night, Dana, Chelsea, and Blade attend a club to have a girls' night out, for Terry to them and leads Gwen to dance, much for the other girls to try hooking up with other guys...

"Hey, Dana, are you coming?" Chelsea asks her friend.

"I'll catch up. I want to see how Terry and Gwen are holding up from working so much.""

She was staying put while the others have a good time.

"Then do it soon." Blade tells Dana.

A nice night to get out and a nice way for Terry and Gwen to show their love.

"Feeling well?"

"The medicine I take helps out thanks to Megan. It helps my powers and protection. I'm fine." Gwen said while dancing. "Right now, I just want to be with you more tonight and our friends. Teen can do this if they play it safe, so it's fine with us."

"Yeah, it'll be between you and me." Terry said. "I think a little off will happen. Let just give Bruce some time. He'll come back."

"Okay."

However, as Terry and Gwen are dancing, they are approached by two girls who drag Terry away from Gwen and while they distract him, to make her get upset.

"Coming through." one girl said.

"Excuse us." and the other.

"Hey!" Gwen got mad.

"Oh, no!" Dana helps her friend out. "If anyone's getting to Terry it's either Gwen or me!"

Ghoul suddenly appears and kidnaps Dana as Terry breaks away from the girls and begins to search for Dana.

"(Where did she go...?)" Gwen loses her friend. "Dana...? Terry, something happen to Dana!"

Unknown to Terry or Gwen, that the two girls are actually Dee Dee in disguise and begin to follow them.

"Dana's missing?" Terry joins with Gwen.

At the same time, Bruce is in the Batcave where he is creating the antidote to Joker venom, suddenly Ace begins to bark which makes Bruce realize that a stranger has entered the Manor. With Megan getting her powers, baton, and guns ready, she goes upstairs.

"Ace, I'll be behind you. Bruce, stay put."

Ace rushes out of the cave to confront the intruder but becomes hurt. Bruce is concerned for Ace and goes to check on him but a gas bomb appears just as Bruce is hiding the antidote. Just then, Bruce hears a thud of Megan getting hurt...Enough for Bruce to find Megan getting stabbed to be bleeding on the ground and wasn't moving.

"Megan...! Megan!" Bruce was horrified to see his wife get hurt.

The Joker appears before him and begins to attack Bruce. Megan sees the horror to be unable to do anything, but to watch the horrors.

"Bruce...!" she goes out cold.

Back at the nightclub, Terry and Gwen were still searching for Dana when Terry's attacked by the Jokerz for both Gwen and her other self to warn him.

"(Kid! Behind you!)"

Chucko doesn't know why they've been sent to attack an apparent nobody, but as long as they have fun with it, they don't mind.

"I don't why the Boss wants you two out of the way...Oh well, as long as it's fun."

"No!" Gwen uses some of her fire to save Terry's life to fight back.

As Terry fights them off, Dana breaks free from Ghoul for Gwen to help her out and calls out to Terry for help as Ghoul recaptures her.

"Move over, babe!" Ghoul shoves Gwen aside.

"Leave our friend alone!"

Terry fights his way to Dana and Gwen tries to rescue her alone, but Ghoul throws her aside and as Terry rescues her, she falls unconscious.

"Dana...!" Terry got worried. "Gwen, help me take her to the hospital."

Terry manages to send the Jokerz running and Gwen to start off some small sparks, but Dana is sent off the hospital as she became injured during the fight.

"I got her!" Chelsea helps out.

Gwen was very worried of her friend to be in this condition to get better soon thanks to Chelsea and Blade helping out.

"(Hang on, Dana...Terry and I are here for you, my friend.)" Gwen hopes that Dana will get well. "(Hang on for us.)"

Realizing that the Jokerz' boss must know his and Gwen's secret identities, Terry calls Bruce in an attempt to get answers.

"I can't get a hold of Bruce." he said.

"I can't get anything from Megan either." Gwen tells her boyfriend. "It's been cut off completely."

However, when Terry gets Bruce's answering machine, Gwen and Terry rush to Wayne Manor, realizing that Bruce not picking up at night meant something bad must have happened.

"(Those darn Jokerz are behind it all! Gwen's back to the big house now!)" said Gwen's inner self. "(They might be in danger like Dana was!)"

"Uncle Bruce! Megan! Ace!"

Terry and Gwen both arrived at the Manor and sees that it has been badly vandalized. They find a hurt Ace near the entrance to the Batcave.

"Ace!" Gwen rushes to Ace's side. "Oh, you poor dog."

In a hurry, Gwen and Terry entered the Batcave to find the words 'Ha! Ha! Ha!' scribbled across the floor of the Batcave in red, mirroring how his father's place looked when he was seemingly killed by Jokerz. Along with Megan on the floor to be bleeding out while out to hold on from the blood to come out fast.

"Megan!" Terry tries to help her out. "Gwen, can you close the wounds?"

She does it to save Megan's life in time.

"She'll be fine, but she's weak." she said. "We still got to get Megan to a hospital...Wait!" Gwen sense something must've happened to Bruce. "Uncle Bruce...! Where is he?!"

Horrified, Terry immediately runs down the stairs with Gwen after helping out Megan to find Bruce slumped against the computer, slowly laughing himself to death from Joker venom.

"Tube...Under...the table..."

Bruce manages to direct Terry to an overlooked vial of anti-venom lying under the chem table. Gwen helps him out.

"Terry, use it!" she said.

Terry grabs it and injects Bruce, whose rictus grin relaxes as the exhausted man falls unconscious.

"Call 911." Terry tells Gwen.

Unsure of who else to turn to, Terry calls Barbara in for help and Gwen wanted in too. After she ministers to a shallowly breathing Bruce and Megan 'to get more blood in her to take time to heal' and Terry checks on Ace, Terry demands answers as he is a part of this conflict and therefore deserves them.

"(What an ordeal...)"

"We know." Gwen tells her other self. "Megan's lucky to be alive to get more blood into her, Bruce needs to rest like Dana, and Ace wasn't hurt at all." she tells Barbara about the mess. "Please, Barbara...If you know what's going on, just tell us already."

They must know what Joker wanted and what he did before the real one was killed, all of it...

"We're part of this, Barbara. Please tell us."

Once Terry said that, she tells them everything...

"Very well." she begins.

Barbara reluctantly gives in and admitting that time has not made relating it any easier, tells Terry and Gwen the true story 'pay attention here, it's important':

Some forty years earlier, after Bruce's old ward and partner, Dick Grayson, had left to establish himself in another city as Nightwing 'to know about his future right now', leaving the second Robin and Dick's successor, Tim Drake, is kidnapped by Harley Quinn and the Joker while he was out patrolling alone.

"Harley...?" surprise Robin to go out cold from Harley's hammer.

"Got him, pudding!"

Joker appears to be laughing for him and Harley have plans to use on Tim Drake/Robin. Plans like what...? After three weeks of unsuccessful searching, Joker sends Batman, Megan, and Batgirl a clue that leads them to the place where Tim is being held: the original Arkham Asylum (the old building had been partially demolished, and the asylum had been moved to a newer high security building).

"In here..." Megan tells the two where to go to next.

Upon their arrival, the Joker explains that he and Harley were 'getting on' in years as they realize that none of them are getting younger, and it is time to think about a family. They did not want to go through the joy of childbirth and couldn't legally adopt. But since Batman 'always had a few spare kids' tagging along, the Joker had 'borrowed' one of them.

"We remember you had some spare kids spraining around, so...we borrowed one." Joker shows the two.

He then reveals Tim, who has been brainwashed and disfigured into a miniature version of himself to make him their own son, dubbing him as 'Joker Jr.', much to Batman, Megan, and Batgirl's horror.

"No..." Megan sees that Tim was really out of it. "Joker...! Harley...! What the heck did you two do to him!?"

Joker takes off with Batman and Megan in pursuit, while Barbara fights Harley through the ruins of Arkham.

"Megan!"

"Right behind you, Batman!" Megan follows her man.

In the fight, they both end up getting blown over a cliff, with Batgirl catching onto a ledge, and with her other hand, having snagged Harley by the cuff of her sleeve. With all her might Batgirl attempts to pull Harley up so she can also grab onto the ledge, but the cuff tears from Harley's weight; she falls, screaming, and vanishes into the dark pit far below. Was she dead...?

"Why, Harley...?" Batgirl questions herself. "Why you go so far with Joker?"

Arriving in the asylum's old operating theater, which Joker has converted into a cinema, Batman and Megan see 'home movies' of how Joker tortured and brainwashed Tim.

"Oh, my...God...!" Megan was horrified to cover her face next to Batman.

From his hiding place, Joker narrates the story, saying that Tim held out for a long time but finally broke down and revealed all of Batman's secrets, to also love Megan to be two different people, and delivers the final bombshell by calling Batman 'Bruce', mocking the revelation of Batman's true identity by dismissing him as nothing more than a scared child in a play suit crying out for his parents.

"What's the matter, Batman? No witty comeback? No threat? Then I'll provide the narration. I'll begin with how I peeled back the layers of the boy's mind. Oh, he bravely fought it at first. You would have been so proud to see him so strong. But all too soon, the serums and the shocks took their toll, and the dear lad began to share such secrets with me. Secrets that are mine alone to know...Bruce. It's true, Batsy. I know everything. About you and Megs love to already be married. And kinda like the kid who peeks at his Christmas presents, I must admit, it's sadly anti-climactic. Behind all the strum and Batarangs, you're just a little boy in a play suit crying for mommy and daddy. It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic...Oh, what the heck? I'll laugh anyway."

Now this was personal, even for Megan...

"Joker...! Hey, Bruce...KILL THAT SON OF A GUN!"

Finding his hiding place, Megan fires some gun shots at the glass, as Batman engages Joker in a brutal fight and is ready to kill him but Joker manages to get the upper hand, disabling Bruce with a knife in his leg.

"Oh, right...I forgot about your wife...Too!" Joker stabs Megan straight through her hand.

"AH!"

"Megan!" Batman panics.

As Bruce lies helpless and Megan couldn't move her hand to get her gun, Joker tosses a gun to Tim, telling him to 'deliver the punchline' and finish Batman first.

"Stop, Tim! You don't have to do this! Remember who you are...!" Megan tries to talk to her young friend to be breaking into tears. "Stop it!"

Batman softly calls Tim's name, and his young partner hesitates.

"Tim..."

After a moment of warring with himself while laughing, Tim shoots Joker fatally, Joker's last words being...

"That's not funny...that's not..." Joker gasps before he stops breathing and dies.

"Joker's dead...!" shock Megan. "Tim's back."

As Barbara runs in, Tim suffers a complete nervous breakdown, drops to his knees and begins to cry.

"It's okay, Tim." Barbara/Batgirl was there for him. "It's okay."

Batman limps over with Megan helping him out, as Barbara gathers Tim into her arms to comfort him. And what happened next? Barbara tells Terry and Gwen the rest about it...Bruce, Megan, and Barbara bury the Joker deep under Arkham and take Tim to Leslie Thompkins, who helps him back to sanity over the course of the next year. The only other people who know what happened are James Gordon, Barbara's father and the original Police Commissioner who helped cover the incident up for the sake of his friendship with Batman and Megan Tsuki. Barbara sadly notes that with his final act of cruelty, Joker had in many ways gotten the last laugh after all—and the physical and mental wounds from that time have never completely healed.

"(Now it all makes sense, that's why Bruce nor Megan didn't say anything.)"

Gwen gets it now since her other self does.

"They weren't letting Terry or me stop being Batman and Batwoman to not stop their enemy, they were worried we would become like Tim almost did..." she remembers about Tim Drake. "(He's the one who when into Barbara's office the other day!)"

Terry asks what happened to Harley; Barbara tells him that they never found her body, but even if she did survive, it's doubtful she'd be stirring up trouble after all these years.

"Without Joker around..."

"She was nothing." Terry finished for Barbara. "Love can make you do weird things on certain people."

Barbara also reveals that after Tim recovered, Bruce forbade him from ever being Robin again, blaming himself for what happened and swore that he would never endanger another young partner. Tim soon left after this, choosing to make it on his own. He tried reconnecting with his mentor once or twice, 'but you know Bruce', Barbara notes as Terry can't help but wryly smile. As for Barbara 'and sometimes Megan', she checks up on him now and again: Tim eventually married, fathered two children, and restarted his career as a top-level communications engineer.

"Between Megan and me always want to see how Tim's holding up, Bruce's wife always tells him the good news every day." she said. "He's better than he ever was before."

Terry feels sorry for Tim after hearing the torture that he went through and believes he deserves a happy ending, but says Tim is still the most likely connection to the now-returned Joker.

"In any case, Gwen, we should go check on Tim." said Terry.

Good idea, for Megan left them the Bat suits to put back on.

"In any case, Terry, let's go ask him a few questions..." Gwen was in transforming next. "Barbara, we'll sole this problem to stop Joker and the Jokerz gang once and for all. Burning passion. Batwoman!"

As Batman and Batwoman, they go to questioned Drake.

You two might as well show yourselves, I heard you both coming a mile away."

Wow...Tim still had it for Batwoman and Batman de-cloaks.

"How did you know, old man?" ask Batwoman.

"I'm no Boy Wonder anymore, but that old training never goes away, even at my age."

For Tim to hang in there, and who denies any involvement and expresses resentment about his past life as Robin: all of them ― Megan, Barbara, Dick, and himself ― gave it everything they had, but it was never enough for Bruce's impossible standards.

"(We know it's been hard; you can at least say hide to Uncle Bruce in person.)" Gwen tells Tim.

"Any regrets, Mr. Drake?" Batman asks Tim.

For Tim to even had a vein hope that one day he would succeed Bruce as Batman, but eventually grew sick of his life to the point that he detests even looking at his old Robin suit. Soon for Batman to disappear, so does Batwoman to take off.

"Thanks for the tip, buck-o, we'll take it from here. And you take it easy."

Looks like the mystery must still be solved.

"I wish I knew what it meant again..." he said to him.

Finding Drake, a dead-end, Terry and Gwen then suspect Jordan Pryce.

"(Yeah, you know what...? I think Pryce might know something about Joker...Here's the thing, Terry, I don't think he is.)"

"What makes you so sure?" Terry/Batman asks her.

"(It's not that I know for sure, yet...but I know he has something to do to make it big than Uncle Bruce to tip off the Jokerz. That's what Megan would know about it. But still, it won't hurt to check it out.)" she said. "(I know where he might be.)"

And go there right away to see for themselves.

"Man, I love when you think, babe."

However, Terry and Gwen find both Pryce and the Jokerz on the Wayne Enterprises yacht and proceeds to eavesdrop.

"Ha! Look at that, Bats!" Batwoman rubs it in her partner's face. "We knew this Pryce guy wasn't Joker!"

After the Jokerz try to kill Pryce, they rescue the man before a giant laser beam from a satellite destroys the ship.

"A giant laser?!" surprised Pryce.

Gwen senses danger coming in.

"(Incoming!)"

Although Pryce is not the Joker, Batman plays a recording of the conversation between Pryce and the Jokerz for two police officers nearby, revealing that Pryce has been helping the Jokerz steal the technology in exchange for them trying to kill Wayne for Gwen was right all along. Pryce is then arrested from one of Megan's students, a good bounty price on his head. One thing gets worse, Gwen gets soaked with ice water to weaken her, allowing all five members of Jokerz to kidnap her for Batman couldn't save his girl and hold on to Pryce's dear life.

"Gwen!" he was mad. "Let her go!"

"Can't move...! So cold...!" Batwoman was out for the count.

"(No!)" Gwen was being taken away. "(Batman! Uncle Bruce! Barbara! Megan! Ace! Help me!)"

This was really bad here...With the cps taking care of Pryce and Barbara, he needed to know where they would've taken Gwen to by any means by using her gadgets on what Megan made for her.

"(I'll save you, Gwen.)"

Elsewhere, at Joker's hideout to do something that he made on a man bum to inject into him to become a monster to work to making him fall down to his doom to use on Gwen next.

"Another member is a girl, Dee Dee."

"This should be very fun, Dee Dee."

Woof finds Gwen hot to know she's Batwoman, same with Chucko and Ghoul.

"So why have the hot Bat with us, Boss?" Chucko asked.

"Like that Bozo was tested out on a new serum. I had a main squeeze girl once, but I never saw her again..." he looked sad to be crazy again. "Nah, must be old and half dead by now. So it may me next of having a new Harley Quinn member on my team. As cute as Gwen Grayson's powers are...I love her fiery passion more to use against the Bats than to be my girlfriend, just in case I become deep fried clown. Ha! So with this, she'll be stronger, faster, crazier...! But also smiling with laughter's of joy. I can handle her."

For them to allow Joker to do whatever he wants without getting killed like Bonk did.

"Sure thing, Boss, whatever you say." said Ghoul. "Make this lovely lady your own Harley Quinn version.

"Good..." Joker injects it into Gwen's body. "Unlike with Batman's younger Robin, this one will only take a second to take effect. Get ready for the next thing, kiddies, it's almost show time."

As the five got ready for Joker to prepare for another event form his machine, Gwen wasn't feeling well well to start to act weird before Dee Dee twins can give her a makeover next. Hang in there...! Terry returns to the Batcave, frustrated with his inability to solve the case and without Gwen's help, it'll be even harder to do.

"Ace, this is going to be harder than it looks..."

As he muses aloud to Ace, Bruce appears in his bathrobe, having partially recovered from the toxin.

"Have you try solving things on your own?" Bruce questions Terry while patting Ace.

He confesses that this is why he didn't want Terry or Gwen going up against the Joker, impostor or not, fearful that something similar would happen to him as it did with Tim all those years ago. Even to Megan, for she survives both cuts by Joker now, she comes back down to feel a bit better so far.

"If you're going to stop Joker and save Gwen's life, I'm in. You'll need a hacker."

"Welcome back, Megan." Terry was happy to see her again.

"Look, Bruce, I get it. You did them a favor, they knew, and now we put this mess behind us and find some clues to get to Joker's whereabouts and fast." Megan tells the boys to get to work.

Looking around the Batcave, Terry notices something odd: even though Joker smashed the costume displays, only the Robin costume was deliberately damaged during his attack.

"He smashed it because the old Robin did shoot him." Bruce said.

"A ghost fore revenge?" Terry didn't think so. "Gwen said that she wants Tim to talk to you on his own to have not the love he use to be Robin then stopping criminals-!" Remembering Tim's resentment, Terry deduces that he may be behind this new Joker.

"Wait..." Megan gets it. "Tim has been acting a bit different this week before...Don't tell me! I also know why Joker wants from Gwen...Another Harley Quinn, his version of nightmares."

"You may be right, Megan." shock Terry.

"Am I not?"

Bruce is hesitant to consider Tim a suspect again, but Terry shows him on the Batcomputer how the stolen technology components, when utilized by a communications expert like Tim, could form a transmitter allowing him to hijack a military defense satellite — the same kind that destroyed the yacht.

"If it's true, then the laser must be shooting off somewhere nearby to let it go off from the skies in seconds." Bruce thought about it too.

Somewhat chipper at the promise of a new lead, Bruce orders Terry to go after Tim and begins typing away at the computer. Terry remarks that he would also like to bring Ace along this time.

"He's not the only one going..." Megan uses a machine robot she made to control to aid the two. "I can't go until I have the energy back into me, but my hacking hand control robot can. Terry. Ace. Bruce. Let's put an end to this nightmare and rescue Gwen."

Batman was back in action long with Ace and Megan with Bruce backing him up.

"Now we're talking!"

Terry tries to confront Tim at his job site but discovers that he's been tricked by a hologram.

"Terry! Get out of there...!" Megan tries to warn him from the robot. "And it's too late..."

Laser traps seal him in and motion-detecting blasters are mounted on the walls. Joker appears on a video screen, revealing that Tim has indeed joined forces with him. With his help, the Joker has taken control of an Hyperion class defense satellite, which he intends to use to bring Gotham under his control.

"You're welcome to try and stop us, but—heh-heh—I'm not taking bets on that happening anytime soon. Toodle!" he had one more person to go stop Batman. "Oh, honey...clean up time!"

And out of the shadows to be using some fire power to be laughing, out of control, and out of it...Gwen herself to be look and dress like Harley Quinn to kill Batman.

"Gwen?!"

Losing it, she is chasing after Batman for the lasers to help her out. The robot couldn't hold Gwen back 'under Megan's control', she gets to hacking them all to destroying it.

"Batman, try talking to Gwen, she's in there! She has powers differently like mine to sense things out!" she gets to work! "Hurry and be careful!"

Terry manages to escape the booby traps set at Tim's lab and takes off in the Batmobile, being chased through Gotham by another giant laser beam. For Megan's robot has got Terry covered, the wild mind-controlled Gwen chases after Batman to be insane laugh to not stop to use her special hammer to kill him. Ace bites down on Gwen to snap her out of it, only to get burned a bit to stay strong.

"If you don't get her out, Terry, Gwen will be gone for good!" Bruce tells him.

"Now you tell me?!" Fighting it off in the Batmoblie was hard to do against the strong Gwen for Terry/Batman. "Gwen! Stop this! It's me, your lover Terry! Batman...Remember?"

Joker was way ahead of Terry and Gwen wasn't listening to still be out of her mind.

"Aren't you the nasty tattle-tale? And hurting my new Harley, come on..." he said. "Ratting me out before I have my fun! Papa spank!"

Batman tracks the Joker to the abandoned Jolly Jack Candy Factory. He is attacked by the Jokerz to join with the in controlled Gwen but fights them off easily. One exception is Woof, but this time, Terry has brought along an equalizer, and Woof discovers that an encounter with Ace is a rather painful experience. Nice one! For Megan uses her robot to stop the weapons from Ghoul, Chucko, and the two Dees to be over and done with for Batman to stop the rest, but Gwen to try killing Batman with a knife.

"Ace, stay back!" he tells the dog. "I will save you, Gwen!" Batman uses some foam to cool off the fire to weaken Gwen to have her other self-kick in to clear out the venom.

"(Hey, Gweny! Get your stupid head together! Terry's trying to save your sorry butt while Joker's making you into his own sick puppet! Get up!)"

Working so far, Megan had handcuffs of fireproof to hold her down.

"Do it!" she said.

Terry pins Gwen down to help her fight back.

"Gwen! I know you can hear me! Remember the nice we dance? The friends we hang out with. Megan, Ace, Bruce, Barbara, and Dana who help you get through the day, and me! The night we have to show our feelings with one another to control your powers to be yourself while the other half backs you up, you can still do this. Don't become another Harley to this old Joker! We can stop this, but I need your help...Please, Gwen you mean a lot to me...I love you."

Kissing her on the lips, to feel a spark and warm feeling to have Gwen to back to normal self and the anti-venom by Joker was into her to never take affect ever again.

"Terry..." she kisses him back. "Thank you. Ah, man...Bite marks and shots..." Gwen hugs Ace. "I don't blame you, boys, thank you too."

Megan and Bruce were happy to hold and kiss each other too to have Gwen back.

"It worked!"

"Easy there, Megan." Bruce smile. "Save your energy on the robot."

"Yeah, I know..." she does so carefully.

She gets back to work while Gwen tries to recover to be Batwoman in a bit, without the mask part to have on to not take full transforming right now.

"I'm glad I'm not in Joker's puppet anymore, I almost lost myself. Listen, Terry, I know what's going on." she leads Terry/Batman the way inside Joker's hideout. "But you have to trust me if you want to stop all of this. Megan, if you can hear me...hack through the main frame of the computer system while I do the rest from the inside. Ace, you guard her machine while Terry and I go on in to see Tim."

Ace understood to wait for them and on guard, while Megan handles the rest by hand.

"Give Joker heck for me, you two." Megan tells them.

Inside the factory, Terry and Gwen find an unconscious Drake.

"Get up, Drake." Batman helps him out.

"Where's Joker?" Gwen asks him.

Awakening, Drake appears to be re-living the trauma of his kidnapping and how he killed Joker.

"I...I don't know where he's gone too..."

Bruce, able to hear and see what's going on via the suit's visor and mic, is visibly saddened by Tim's words.

"He's telling the truth." Bruce tells them.

Terry is also concerned, but then Drake calls him 'Terry' and turns on him, disabling him with an electrical device.

"(No...!)" Gwen knew she feels out Tim had part of Joker still because he was the old Joker. "Terry! He knows who we are-!"

With Batman down, Gwen was grabbed hold by Tim 'or seems to be the real him right ' to be grabbed by the hair. To his, Gwen, Megan, and Bruce's horror, Drake then bursts into hysterical laughter, and transforms into the Joker.

"My God...!" shock Bruce.

"So that's how he did it." same with Megan.

"Drake...?" and Terry.

"I knew something was wrong with Tim!" Gwen couldn't break free. "Terry! I can't transform or Joker will kill you...!"

The Joker reveals the truth behind his resurrection: using genetics technology that he stole years ago; he copied his consciousness and DNA onto a microchip and planted it onto the back of Tim's neck while Tim was his prisoner. To the casual observer, it looks like an innocuous mole. This allowed him to live on after death, hidden away in Tim's mind through the chip. He had to remain dormant inside Tim's brain for most of the past decades but has been gradually getting stronger. Whenever the chip takes control of Tim, he transforms into the Joker, Tim attributing any residual memories of his actions in this form to nightmares. Joker then demonstrates that he can use Tim's voice to lie to his family should they grow worried. Soon, the Joker intends to take complete control of Tim's body.

"Mr. J's on the rebound, baby! My comeback party's gonna set the whole town on fire!" said the mad clown. "My fire, not yours, Gweny. Sorry, but it was fun setting off some fireworks while it last to put the rest of it out now."

Using Gwen as a hostage, she and Terry/Batman were in danger and Megan couldn't do nothing but to hack through allowing Gwen to do the rest if she can.

"You won't get away with this, Joker!"

"But I just did, see?" The Joker prepares a satellite strike on Gotham, explaining that he plans to begin with either Wayne Manor, the hospital Dana is being treated at, or Terry's house (by way of carving a smiley face on the city with the satellite's cannon), in order to crush Terry's spirit. "Adios, Brucie and Megs. I guess I should salute the both of you as a worthy adversary and all that, but the truth is, I really did hate your guts and love." he blows a raspberry. "Got any last words, crime fighting losers?"

Terry had one for Gwen sees him having a plan...

"Yeah, sic him!"

But before he can fire, Terry sics Ace on him and has the dog's powerful jaws destroy the electrical device and Megan to do the same to hack through it.

"In your face!" said the happy Megan to hack through Batman's suit. "Go, Terry!"

Ace runs for the Joker again to rescue Gwen next but is fended off by his signature joy buzzer.

"No!" she tries to defend her dog friend. "Don't you hurt him!"

"I'll turn him to a hot dog when I'm done...!"

Before Joker can finish off the weakened Ace and try to kill Gwen for it, Terry tackles him to the ground; the joy buzzer flies from his finger across the room to activate alongside a large bundle of cables for the satellite's guidance system, shorting them out even from Megan's doing, and Gwen doing the rest.

"(Hey, Gweny!)" her inner self said.

"I'm trying!" Gwen doesn't give up.

This causes the damaged system to turn the beam on and send it directly towards itself inside the factory. The Joker declares the game over for the time being and attempts to escape, but Terry seals the factory.

"We're taking you in!" Batman said. "Gwen, you can do it. You need to take control to slow down the laser until we stop this!"

They face off in a final confrontation. This incarnation of the Joker is a much tougher physical combatant than his old self and soon shows himself to be more than a match for the young Batman, as having access to Tim's memories gives him knowledge of Batman and Robin's skills.

"You're out of your league, McGinnis. I doubt Gweny will stand a chance either." said Joker. "I know every trick the original Batman and Robin knew at their peak."

"Maybe, but you don't know a thing about me or Gwen." he said.

Not knowing from Gwen's skills, he could tell from the fire powers and some of Batgirl's move was the same to some hacking skills from Megan to get it.

"You? What's to know? You're a punk, a rank amateur! And Gweny's a sad person with so many things on her mind, sad huh? A costumed errand boy with a girl he loves to be taking orders from a senile old man and a bodyguard wife!" As Joker gloats, Terry retorts that Joker doesn't know a thing about him and proceeds to prove it by fighting dirty and catching the Joker off guard, landing a few good hits on him.

Bruce reveals to Terry that Joker, due to his vanity, likes to talk, and advises him to ignore his foe's words and just power on through. Coming to an epiphany, Terry changes his battle plan when he realizes that he likes to talk as well. With Gwen to help out while hacking to fire away with real fire.

"I got your back, Terry!" she said while working.

"(Likewise!)" and her other half.

It was sort of working...

"What are you doing?!" Joker questions him.

What does it look like, clown?

"Fighting dirty."

Terry as himself or Batman was fighting back really hard.

"The real Batman would never..."

"Told you you didn't know me." he keeps on fighting.

Hiding in the rafters, he plays mind games with the Joker, taunting him about his obsession with Batman, spending years trying to get a laugh from someone with no sense of humor, and his sloppiness as a comedian, insisting, like the Joker told Bruce decades ago, that he's 'pathetic'. Gwen fights back to fire another hit on Joker.

"Burn!"

"Oh, this one can fight back..." Joker kicks her to hitting her to the ground. "But you're too slow!"

Imitating the Joker's laugh at the ridiculousness of the 'Clown Prince of Crime', that he isn't funny or frightening, the psychological attacks which Joker has never suffered from the previously silent Batman sending his opponent into a crazed rage. An angry Joker throws a handful of grenades at his opponent, sending Terry crashing to the floor and Gwen to lose against the clown.

"Terry!" she couldn't break free. The Joker pins Terry to the ground, pulls off his mask and begins choking him. "Leave him alone!"

"Take another step, sweetheart, and the boy gets it..." Joker warns Gwen to stay back to get it. "Good girl."

Something had to be done, but there was...

"Terry, please get it!"

Terry capitalizes on the Joker's distraction and revealing the Joker's joy buzzer 'for Gwen to the item to Terry to get it' that he'd retrieved and hidden in his hand, and with a strained, measured 'ha, ha', reaches up and destroys the microchip with a prolonged electrical surge, thus destroying the Joker once and for all and restoring Tim.

"C'mon, McGinnis! Laugh it up now, you miserable little punk. LAUGH!" he couldn't hear Terry say it so loud. "I can't hear you!"

"Ha...ha." Terry places a joy buzzer on Joker's microchip.

This also allows Gwen to burn it up as well.

"Bye, Joker..." she said.

With this, Tim Drake was back to his old self for Megan or Gwen don't see any traces of Joker to be there no more. He was finally gone.

"Yep, he's finally gone for good."

With Tim getting help from Batman and Gwen to turn into Batwoman.

"(I got it done, now we get out of here!)" Gwen said. "(You got it?)"

"He's good to go." said the other half.

"Huh...?"

With Tim feel weak, he'll be just fine.

"We got you." Batman helps out too. "Let's go, Ace."

Terry escapes with Tim, Gwen/Batwoman, and Ace before the satellite destroys the factory, taking the guidance system with it and killing the beam. The satellite then drifts off into space 'allowing Megan to hack through to never happen ever again afterwards. In the city jail, the Dee Dee twins are revealed to be the granddaughters of the elderly Harley Quinn, who survived the fall all those years ago.

"You rotten little scamps! I struggle to make a good home for you and this is the thanks I get?!" said the old Harley Quinn. "Break a grandmother's heart!" she spanks the girls with her walking stick. "I hope they throw the book at you!"

She bails them out while lamenting what disappointments they are (punctuated with a sharp smack across their backsides with her cane).

"Oh shut up, Nana Harley." the two twins said.

I don't think anyone will know about the twins having Harley Quinn as their grandmother, and they never will...Barbara visits Tim in the hospital, assuring him that she's covering up for the Joker's

crimes, of which he is completely innocent.

"Is it over, Barbara?" he asked.

"Yes, Tim, it's all over."

For the couples came by...

"How are you feeling, Tim." Gwen asks.

"I owe you big time." Tim said to Terry and Gwen.

I guess he knows about who they are to keep it a secret.

"Forget it."

It was nothing for Terry and Gwen to do some good, they just like to help out others.

"It's our job." Gwen said with a smile.

"(It felt great!)" and her other self.

"For what it's worth, Bruce couldn't have chosen anyone better to put on the mask." he said to the two.

"Coming from you, that means everything." Terry said back.

"Thanks." and Gwen. "I knew you cared from back then..."

Terry and Gwen also come to visit, and they are all surprised to see Bruce and Megan there.

"Good work, you guys." Megan was happy. "You did something we try to do...sort of, but it all worked out, right?"

"And you guys want to see Tim?" ask Terry.

The Dark Knight explains that it's where he and Megan should be.

"Is where I should be..."

"Bruce really wanted to." Megan explains to them.

One more thing Bruce tells Gwen and Terry something before they leave to see Dana.

"Terry. Gwen." he calls them.

"What is it, Uncle Bruce?" Gwen asked.

"I've been thinking about something you once told me, Terry, and you were wrong. It's not Batman or you Gwen as Batwoman that makes you two worthwhile. It's the other way around. Never tell yourselves anything different."

The four old heroes mend their fences. Terry and Gwen leave together, but not before both Tim and Bruce stop to tell him that he is truly worthy of the mantle of the Bat, and that Terry was wrong: it wasn't Batman that made Terry worthwhile; it was the other way around. Though neither expresses it overtly, both are respectful and moved. Tim reconciles with Bruce and Terry leaves with Gwen to see Dana next.

"Hey, you two...What did I miss?"

"Where do I even start...?" Gwen tells her everything. "(I tells what I learn on what Batman and Batwoman did against the Jokerz who hurt you to be stopped in the end.)"

The next night, Terry and Gwen stand at the top of a high building to be making out and then stopping to getting to work next, looking out over the city they protect.

"If you guys are done, can we go save Gotham again?" ask Batwoman. "I want some action from what I almost missed out!"

"More later then, Gwen, let's get going." Terry was ready to go as Batman.

For Gwen was too for her other self with more fire power was under her control to still be the best heroine heroes.

"(More love later, Terry, the people come first who need us.)" Gwen was in. "I'll follow wherever you go, Terry, always will."

Like Bruce before him, this is the life he has chosen, and Gwen to be helped by Megan to do what needs to be done as a team. Terry pulls on his mask, spreads his wings, and flies off into the heart of Gotham City for Gwen as Batwoman to follow them.

"Let's move out!" the two-crime fighting duo said.

"(Now we're talking.)"

All good things to have good memories, bad ones, saving others to seeing them again like Tim, the have Joker to be nothing but a memory now for Megan, Barbara, and Bruce were happy that it never happens again afterwards; for Terry/Batman and Gwen/Batwoman for two of her to save lives and stop villains from causing trouble in Gotham...To leave Harley Quinn old lady be, to show some love like Terry and Gwen, and always Bruce and Megan to never lose their love. From the past, to the present now, and more to future – who knows what will happen as time goes by to let it happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 3.4K 55
"I looked at all of you as a family one night and saw how you all didn't need me. You all were just talking and smiling. I knew that if I walked i...
26K 546 20
What happens when Y/n the adoptive daughter of The Joker and Harley Quinn Goes to Gotham academy to start a 'Normal Life' and bumps into Damian Wayne...
13.9K 361 57
When the spy girls find themselves going to Gotham Academy, and when a new sponsor funding WOOHP by the name of Amanda Waller appears, their lives be...
27.3K 1.1K 34
Three years. He had been missing for three years. One disagreement with his Father, and argument with his best-friend, and he had disappeared. When...