Batman Beyond - Burning Passi...

By TaylaDragoHester

From many years later for Bruce Wayne is no longer Batman to still be with Megan to start a bounty hunter bus... More

Rebirth Parts 1 and 2
Black Out
Golem
Meltdown
Heroes
Shriek
Dead Man's Hand
The Winning Edge
Spellbound
Disappearing Inque
A Touch of CurarΓ©
Ascension
Splicers
Earth Mover
Joyride
Lost Soul
Hidden Agenda
Bloodsport
Once Burned
Hooked Up
Rats
Mind Games
Revenant
Babel
Terry's Friend Dates a Robot
Eyewitness
Final Cut
The Last Resort
Armory
Sneak Peek
The Eggbaby
Zeta
April Moon
Sentries of the Last Cosmos
Payback
Where's Terry?
Ace in the Hole
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
King's Ransom
Untouchable
Inqueling
Big Time
Out of the Past
Speak No Evil
The Call Parts 1 and 2
Betrayal
Curse of the Cobra Parts 1 and 2
Countdown
Unmasked

Plague

25 2 0
By TaylaDragoHester

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 33 – Plague

For something weird to be seeing...within the darkness were snakes, mess up people, creating something for power, and such for one to witness it all to see more than one Gwen Grayson to be going down the drain to be die. So painful to make Gwen scream to almost set the bedroom on fire to wake up in fear and seeing a snake.

"(Hey!)" Gwen other half helps her out. "(Wake up, stupid!)"

This allows Bruce and Ace to hear her.

"Gwen! What's wrong?!"

"Snake!" she points out. "Uncle Bruce! Get rid of the snake! I hate them.

How did a snake get into the Wayne Manor? As well as Gwen was scared of snakes, Ace chases it out of the place to still feel weird on how it go in or why Gwen's powers lost it to set the bed on fire with the bracelet still on her. Bruce putting it out, this wasn't the first time Gwen had these nightmares.

"This is the seventh time this week, Gwen, your dreams are not normal." he said.

"I know...But what am I supposed to do about it..." Gwen hated it all. "What are these nightmares telling me...? Snake people and the other clones of me being killed."

For hearing the word 'people snakes', Bruce might know who it might be.

"I'll have to get Megan to work on this tomorrow. We'll find something out, I promise."

For Bruce to comfort Gwen and Ace too, she cries to fear what the dream might be real or not.

"Okay... (I hope whatever's going on, it'll be solved somehow.)" she said to herself.

The next day...Gwen 'tries to be strong to tell both Terry and Megan on what happened', as those two, Dana, and Chelsea wait for Nelson's return from Saint Denis at the Gotham Airport.

"He must of have fun like we did." said Chelsea. "Nelson changed...a little."

"Yeah, just about." and Dana to see that Gwen wasn't feeling well lately. "Gwen, are you feeling well? Besides from your powers not too hot?"

She hangs in there for her friends.

"I'm fine, Dana, thank you. I just had one of the nights to seeing snakes. I don't like them."

Terry stays close to his girl.

"Never liked snakes to almost got bitten badly." he said. "It'll be okay."

"I'm scared of snakes, Terry, I don't hate them to have all of them killed. I love animals still..." said Gwen. "Just the snake people I image to do something to me...It felt so real to keep having my bedroom on fire. I don't know why."

That is weird. Nelson goes to customs, and the agent finds a vial of an unidentified green fluid. Nelson claims he not to know anything about it and suggests that it was snuck into the bag while he was in the bathroom. The customs agent appears to believe him and lets him go while confiscating the vial. After Nelson leaves, the agent turns the vial over to a Kobra agent and reveals that he's capable of changing his face as if it were made of clay. Ew...Nelson catches up with the group.

"Miss me, ladies? Hiya, Gwen." he said. "What about you, Dana?"

Somehow 'at some point', those two are slowly getting along well.

"Yeah, yeah, welcome back."

Player...For Gwen to stay close to Terry to still calm all day.

"Looks like Nelson doesn't love you anymore." he said.

"For him and Dana to be getting...a bit closer for them is a start. A little." Gwen sees them. "But yeah, nothing that Dana can't talk some sense in to. Besides us in our relationship is going well."

And then Nelson heads out but Stalker intercepts him before he can reach his car.

"Whose nature boy." ask Nelson.

Scaring Dana and Chelsea, for both Terry and Gwen knew it was right away.

"Stalker!" the two-couple said.

Stalker snatches Nelson and carries him to the top of the building. Threatening to kill Nelson, Stalker demands to know where the glass container ended up. After getting what he wants, Stalker unceremoniously releases Nelson and searches the airport.

"Nelson?" Chelsea checks on him.

"I might need some clean shorts..."

Terry and Gwen go to what needs to be done.

"Stay put you guys while we get help, and for me to all for backup to the others..." Gwen moves away to transform somewhere private. "Get ready to go as Batman, Terry. Burning passion. Batwoman!"

Both Batwoman and Batman soon arrived and attack Stalker as a team, who claims doesn't want to fight.

"Don't move, weirdo!" said Batwoman. "I recall you trying to kill me the last time...So now we're going to stop you from whatever it is you're trying to do next."

"Stop!" Stalkers tell them that he doesn't want to fight.

Like they'll believe in them.

"Why?" question Batman. "So you can attack more bystanders?! You try to kill my partner!"

Batman doesn't believe him but Agent Bennett arrives and says that Stalker is telling the truth. Oh, god...How can we forget about this guy?

"(Him again? Last time we saw him is when he tried to capture Zeta.)"

He explains Stalker is working for the NSA to track down Falseface, a mercenary working for Kobra. He explains that Kobra intends to release a lethal super-virus onto the city unless paid a ransom of ten billion credits.

"They're a type of terrorists that must be stopped." he said to Batman and Batwoman.

The name of the group Kobra catches Gwen's attention.

"Gweny...?"

"(That name Kobra...I know that from somewhere in a dream, but why...?)" Gwen had trouble thinking. "(Batman, they might be telling the truth. I sense something bad from them to have to do with the past form Powers' doing.)"

Kobra means business to be powerful and dangerous to mess with them. The virus had been tested on a small island community and eradicated all life on the island.

"You're kidding!" shock Batman.

"I wish we were." Bennett was serious.

With no other way to track Falseface, they turned to Stalker for help 'since he got arrested afterwards from the train accident to still be in one piece'. As for Kobra, Megan tells the rest about it since her husband told her to look it up for him and Gwen's sake to tell Terry about it as well.

Megan: Kobra...Little is known about the origins of Kobra, but they had long admired the power of the dinosaurs. They envisioned them as the only life form capable of ruling the world once again. So, for years Kobra sought a way to splice human genes with dinosaurs' DNA. Until they could achieve their main goal, Kobra used cutting edge technology for robberies, extortion and terrorism, which led them to clash with Batman on a few occasions. Kobra was ruthless and unforgiving. Every member of Kobra was expected complete allegiance and devotion to the organization, and any protocol breach was punished with a gruesome death in a pit of vipers. Among their interrogation techniques, Kobra used a sensor that turned one's thoughts into pictures. This way they could weed out traitors among their ranks. There were several Kobra branches around the world, and each cell seemed to have its own leader. The hierarchy of Kobra was depicted by color and garments. The ones on the bottom were foot soldiers, identified by their green spandex uniforms. They responded to members who donned an orange variation of the same spandex uniform, with golden bracelets on their forearms and forelegs, and a green exorcism or hooded cloak. There were also scientists, technicians, or assistants who wore these garments. However, Main Operators usually had a small amount of facial hair. Within the infantry there were assassins that ranked above the rest. They were trained in specific fighting techniques, or armed with special weaponry, such as electrical flail or edge weapons. Altogether, these combatants were more dangerous and deadlier than the average foot soldier. You guys...I think that this has a lot to do with Gwen. And with it, she reminds me of myself when I had trouble knowing about myself.

She was right, for Gwen says this out of nowhere...

"(Then let's help Stalker on this one.)" she said. "(Terry. Megan. Uncle Bruce. As much as we hate what he did to me before, stopping Kobra is more important because I can learn more about myself to see why they made me to killing off my other clones. Please! And others will die if we can't get the virus away from the bad people, Bennett can be hard to stop to at least think of others' safeties first.)"

Guess they have no other choice, for it to be all true. Reluctantly, Batman and Batwoman join up with Stalker with Bruce assuring him that it's necessary.

"Gwen's right, others will die if you don't do this."

"I'm worried about Gwen to act like this and had Stalkers almost killed my girl." Terry/Batman tells Bruce that. "Any leads?"

"Try out the Muscle City Sweat shop." he said.

Going through his leads, Bruce suggests the trio checks the Muscle City Sweat Shop where they discover Kobra agents preparing for the virus' release.

"I never seen Gweny like this before so for her to lead and for me to use the powers is sometimes rare." said Batwoman.

"It's our only shot and to help Gwen." Batman lets Stalker go in first. "After you."

"You don't trust me? Your girlfriend does as if I know who she already is like you are."

Now's not a good time to be fighting right now.

"You were out to kill me and her, remember?"

"(We just don't want to die from a virus is all.)" said Gwen.

"She's right." said Stalker to move in first. "Besides, there are worse things than an honorable death."

The crime fighting duo follow Stalker next.

"Bet you it's a short list." Batman added.

Batman insists that they quietly observe the agents and plan their next move, but Stalker impatiently attacks the group.

"Even I would never go so low to make a dumb move." Batwoman said. "This guy's a villain, but he does have some honor...Some..."

Batman scolds him for his recklessness and points out they can no longer interrogate the agents for information.

"Thanks a lot!"

Now Batman tells him...

"Maybe I was a bit reckless." said Stalker.

"You think?" Batman questions him.

Just then...

"(You guys, I got something.)" Gwen picks up a clue. "(This disk might have something we need.)"

Fortunately, they find a disk with a floor plan for Gotham Manufacturers Plastics.

"I hope you're getting this down, Gweny."

For Batwoman to say to her other half, it was taken care of from her hacking skills.

"I got it." she said.

For Stalker to say this to Terry/Batman.

"Two halves of one body of a girl...How odd she can still be herself to control fire." he said.

"That's why I love her, she's smoking hot. Pun aside." Batman said back.

Out at the company, a security guard walks into the security room and disables the guard. Falseface then disables the security system and lets Kobra in. Inside, Falseface marvels at the unmarked creds and learns that Kobra intends to coat them with the virus. Every time that the creds are passed from hand to hand, the virus will be transmitted.

"With it, we can transmit the disease very easily..."

"Wanna bet?" Batman appears.

With Batman, Batwoman, and Stalker arrive and fight the agents. And for Batwoman to brighten things up with her fire to put an end to her nightmare.

"Okay, boys! You and me let's go...Because I won't let you get to us at all – for Batwoman's in the house!" she said. "Burn, baby, burn. Ha! I always wanted to say that."

Somehow, one of the Kobra members remembers Gwen's powers to know she's Batwoman, of the last clones they haven't got rid of or capture for power.

"The fire girl...There's one left remaining..."

"Fire girl?" the rest were shocked.

During the fight, however, the vial is nearly smashed open, and Stalker is deterred from capturing Falseface in concern for Batman failing to save it. Fortunately, he manages to hit Falseface with one of his tracking grenades and Batman manages to prevent the virus from being unleashed.

"I got it..." said Batman to hear a Kobra member laughing. "Ah, hello? We just kicked your scaly butts! Why are you laughing?"

However, Kobra One explains that they infected Falseface with the virus as a backup and since he's left the building, he can easily evade capture and will infect others.

"We must go after Falseface next, this far from over." Stalkers tells them.

Luckily, Gwen can feel him out to also tracking the man down.

"(I know where he's going!)"

Stalker, Batwoman, and Batman go after him and find Falseface right away.

"So they know who we are, Gweny, big deal! We'll stop more of them later. But you do remember now, right? So that's go so far! Let just go!" she tells her other self. "There's always tomorrow to save the day and many lives first!"

Hold up on stopping more Kobra members later to not stop Gwen from stopping the backup virus.

"Stop! You have the sickness." he said.

Like Falseface believes he does to not remember when it happened to him.

"Yeah, right!" Unfortunately, Falseface fails to believe Stalker that he's infected and disables him with a taser.

"(Stalkers!)" Gwen was shocked.

"Go, you two...he must not escape..." he said before passing out.

Batman and Batwoman continue on after Falseface but temporarily loses sight of him.

"(Stop this, Falseface! We're telling you the truth!)" Gwen tries to tell the villain. "(Kobra are not to be trusted, they put the virus into you to spread real soon! Listen to us!)"

Fortunately, Falseface tries to imitate Nelson, a disguise that Batman can easily see through. And his real face, ew...! So gross!

"Nice one!" said Batwoman.

"How did you know?"

"Not enough pimples." Batman said since he knows what his rival/pal looks like.

A fight ensues and takes the combatants into a factory. Falseface starts a fire, then attacks Batman with a length of pipe and the same with Batwoman to fight back with her own fire.

"(This place is going up into flames, Batman, and I can only shield you at this rate!)" Gwen tells her partner.

Batman can hold up his own but there is an explosion, and he is trapped under a falling ventilation duct after pushing Gwen/Batwoman out of the way.

"Look out!"

This looks bad!

"(Batman!)"

She tries to use her strength to save him.

"Don't be stupid...!" she said. "Dude, you're going to kill people! Stop this!"

Here he comes for Batwoman tries to defend Batman.

"You think my face looks bad? Wait till I'm done with yours."

Falseface prepares to kill him but suddenly falls over in pain for Gwen knows what it means.

"(The virus has spread!)" she said. "(He's not going to make it.)"

Batman explains that the virus has taken hold.

"Impossible." he said. "After all I've done, Kobra wouldn't...they couldn't..."

Kobra uses people is all to get the job done and nothing else.

"What did you expect from a pack of vipers?" Batman questions Falseface.

Despaired, Falseface runs away. Unable to free himself, Batman believes himself to be doomed for Batwoman couldn't save him alone, but Stalker arrives.

"Stalker?" surprised Batwoman. "Well, don't just stand there...help us out!"

Much to Batman's surprise, Stalker refrains from killing him and instead releases him.

"Hurry!"

"(Oh, thank you, Stalker.)" Gwen was happy. "(I think this makes us sort of even now.)"

The three escape to find that Falseface has collapsed. Yep, he's dead for Gwen and Megan to arrive to confirm it.

"Dead." she said. "I'll get back up to place the sick body to be somewhere safe to study the virus if something happens next time. And Gwen, we'll get Kobra...I'm glad you've shown to save the world and learn more about yourself."

"You said it!" said Batwoman.

"(It was nothing really...)"

A right choice to make until they stop Kobra next time...For Gwen had no problem waiting whatsoever to work something out little at a time. Once Megan left with the corpse, Batman asks Stalker why he saved him, and he explains that it was just so that he and only he would be the one to kill him when the time is right.

"You risk your neck to save me."

He does have his reasons with Batman.

"It was not your time, nor hers." said Stalker. "When you die, it will be by my hand, and my hand alone."

Better than being killed by a deadly virus is...okay...?

"Thanks." said Batman. "I... guess."

I guess Bennett's job was done with Stalker to move out to be seen...I don't know when, but both Batman and Batwoman will be ready for him if they do, and more with Kobra as well since Megan got a lot of information about them to tell Bruce about it; with Gwen and Terry to have some alone time at his place of the bed room to save a lot of lives today for her to stop what made her into a living weapon of a half human and clone.

"Terry, will I ever be free from this nightmare?"

"I think you will be, Gwen." he said to hugging Gwen. "Bruce, Megan, Ace, Max, and me...We're all with you on this one. And your other half."

Of course who can forget about Gwen's other self.

"I sure hope so...I still want to be myself and not a monster, they know who I am under the mask."

For her to cry, Terry won't allow it.

"Hey, it's okay, Gwen, I'm here for you. I'll always will and love you forever." he said.

"Terry...Thank you." said the happy Gwen.

The two kissed to be making out together from to enjoy it very much so for Gwen was human enough to still be loved.

"(For life as it is...Kobra nor Powers from Derek's son won't stop us, we are free. To do whatever and whenever to help out others and those to help us out. I won't let Gweny to ruin her chance in life to still have friends, a stepmother with a husband, a stepfather to one day see, a person to care for her, and someone to love...We want to learn more to keeping these things and we will.)"

Elsewhere at another Kobra hideout, one of them reports about the creation of theirs of Gwen to be their main target to have capture real soon.

"She's alive. This will soon be the time Kobra may strike back again with her powers to use, fire power."

That doesn't sound good at all...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 182 26
Being Batman's daughter isn't all fun and games. After finally convincing him to take me with him, I became Batwoman. People often confuse me as his...
14K 539 10
Jason had never thought the day would come when a girl would catch his attention. Especially a young child who he soon feels responsible for. Jason b...
26.1K 546 20
What happens when Y/n the adoptive daughter of The Joker and Harley Quinn Goes to Gotham academy to start a 'Normal Life' and bumps into Damian Wayne...
266 6 1
Matt gets sick after an accident which occurred while attempting to follow Batman. Terry finds himself going into the past with the current Flash in...