Batman Beyond - Burning Passi...

By TaylaDragoHester

From many years later for Bruce Wayne is no longer Batman to still be with Megan to start a bounty hunter bus... More

Rebirth Parts 1 and 2
Black Out
Golem
Meltdown
Heroes
Shriek
Dead Man's Hand
The Winning Edge
Spellbound
Disappearing Inque
A Touch of CurarΓ©
Ascension
Splicers
Earth Mover
Joyride
Lost Soul
Hidden Agenda
Bloodsport
Once Burned
Hooked Up
Rats
Mind Games
Revenant
Babel
Terry's Friend Dates a Robot
Eyewitness
Final Cut
The Last Resort
Armory
The Eggbaby
Zeta
Plague
April Moon
Sentries of the Last Cosmos
Payback
Where's Terry?
Ace in the Hole
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
King's Ransom
Untouchable
Inqueling
Big Time
Out of the Past
Speak No Evil
The Call Parts 1 and 2
Betrayal
Curse of the Cobra Parts 1 and 2
Countdown
Unmasked

Sneak Peek

18 2 0
By TaylaDragoHester

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 30 – Sneak Peek

Reporter Ian Peek introduces another episode of The Inside Peek where he reveals the secrets of Gotham's elite. He prattles on about how the trainer of a heavyweight boxer is flirting with the boxer's girlfriend, how Rocker Jamie Jerald is illegally getting spliced, and, for the headline story, Paxton Powers's indecent behavior at a private party. Well, no one likes him so that's understandable. Megan watches this to hate people like Ian is.

"(People like him make me sick...)"

False reports he did about Megan Tsuki in the past, not so friendly with each other. Matt McGinnis eagerly watches this last segment, but his mother shuts off the television. Terry, nearby, tells his mother to lighten up since it's just entertainment.

"Come on, Mom. It's just entertainment." Terry said to his mother.

"You wouldn't find it so entertaining if you were on the receiving end." She retorts that he'd think differently if it was him on the show.

Later that night, a crime boss, Jimmy Lin, sneaks into City Hall for a meeting with D.A. Sam Young, to secretly testify about his gang's activities. Lin is anxious that he will be found out, but Sam assures him that they are completely alone. Neither of them know that Lin has been followed into the building by a mysterious man seemingly composed of flashing blue and black matter, capable of passing through walls. Unnoticed by either man, the mysterious figure films Lin's testimony, until Sam sees him and summons a guard. The mystery man manages to disable a guard, then Batman and Batwoman arrived.

"(I sense trouble nearby.)" said Gwen.

"Trouble in City Hall you mean."

Once Batman said that, Bruce was surprised to be happening in the office itself.

"City hall? Better be careful." he said.

"Always am."

"We'll be fine." said Batwoman.

"Yes, Terry, but you've never had to face politicians before. And Gwen needs to be on your feet." he said back.

The two attacks to person together, but all his punches seem to pass through empty air while the mystery man is perfectly capable of hitting Batman.

"Hey, ghost boy!" Batwoman uses her fighting styles to fire attacks to pass right through this person. "I missed...? What is this person?"

Finally, the man starts a fire and escapes, entirely unharmed by the flames.

"Batwoman!"

While Batman is down, for Batwoman deals with the fire just in time to help out her partner only for the person to escape.

"I got this." she said. "Good thing you're not dead, Bats. Still, that person's annoying on what he does."

"(More than that, he's too good having some type of tech ability to turn invisible...You think Megan can help us out?)" she asks her other self and Terry/Batman.

The man touches a device on his belt, switching off the blue and black energy field and revealing himself to be Peek. Oh, boy! In physics class at school, Terry learns that solid matter is mostly composed of empty space and asks if it's possible for some objects to pass through others. His teacher, surprised at Terry's sudden interest and for Gwen to try to get more information about it, for the teacher explains that most scientists believe that to be impossible, but there was one who thought otherwise. For Megan tells them what she learned from the facts.

"An atom is mostly empty space, but empty space is mostly not empty. The reason it looks empty is because electrons and photons don't interact with the stuff that is there, quark and gluon field fluctuations. It actually takes energy to clear out space and make a true 'empty' vacuum." she said. "I hope that answers your question there."

"It did for the most parts, thanks." Gwen needed to hear the rest from her.

But her inner self was still confused through the whole thing.

"(But how does that explain the person who made something like this? I hate guessing games.)"

Later, Terry and Gwen talk to Bruce and Megan about, who reveals that the man worked for Wayne Enterprises: Nabuo Taka, a research scientist who believed he could 'phase' molecules to allow them to pass through solid matter.

"But what would Taka wanted to use it for?" questioned Terry.

However, Taka can't be the mystery man, as he died in a fire years ago.

"In other words, it couldn't be him." said Bruce.

"No... But someone else who has his gadget does." Gwen took a guess. "I guess we'll just have to get the man to find out."

With Megan seeing where Gwen was getting at to have another thing to say about it.

"And get him for good for breaking int and spying on people's businesses. That's a big crime."

The Inside Peek comes on again and Peek reveals the events of the previous night, talking about Lin's meeting with Young. Terry realizes the connection and heads out to see Peek.

"I guess we were right the man, Gwen." Terry said to his girlfriend. "Why don't we have Batman and Batwoman pay him a little visit."

"Whenever you're ready, Terry." she said to holding her boyfriend's hand.

His show finished; Peek starts having stomach pains. Weird...Batman and Batwoman confront Peek at the studio, but Peek denies any knowledge.

"Batman and Batwoman?" surprised him.

And Batwoman once again acts serious to be a bit silly.

"Hey, I'm on TV. FART!"

"(Don't say that!)" Gwen tells her to stop.

Getting back to the matter at hand...

"You were saying..."

Batman tells it straight with Peek.

"I'm saying that you, or someone who works for you, figured out a way of moving through walls."

Once the Dark Knight said that, Peek just laughs.

"Moving through walls?" he questions the Dark Knight. "If I could do that I'd be a very rich reporter."

"You are." Batman said back.

"Just admit when you did and stop this, won't you?" Batwoman warns Peek.

However, before Batman or Batwoman could further interrogate him, Lin and a gang of thugs enter and try to kill Peek. Megan enters in with her spray cans smoke bombs to stop the men...

"Batman, go see if Peek's still breathing!" she stops the rest of the members. "I can handle them!"

"(I'm on it!)" Gwen somehow feels Peek out. "(He somehow ran outside)"

Batman stops them but loses sight of Peek, who escapes and plants a camera on the Batmobile for Gwen/Batwoman to follow him.

"Well, well..."

"Hey!" Batwoman uses some fire to keep Peek away from the Batmobile. "Keep back! I can't hurt you, mister, but I can get the Batmobile on fire to protect our things from people like you..."

Just then, he pulls out water to hit Batwoman with get weak for Gwen to turn back and allowing Peek to keep her quiet.

"You brought this upon yourself..." he said.

For Batman to find Peek to go missing again, he does find the Batmobile looking well. But Gwen was out and badly hurt for him and Megan to see.

"Oh, my God!"

"Gwen!" Terry/Batman checks on her. "What happened?"

She got beaten up from getting weak by water.

"Sorry...Terry...he caught me by surprise and wouldn't stop punching..."

"She took some hits to defend herself, but the smack to the head might be weakening Gwen." Megan said to help her out. "Terry, you better go back to the Batcave, and I'll meet you two there. Want to take the car to go easy for her."

Good thing Megan was around to help out.

"I'm sorry, Terry." Gwen felt bad.

As long as Gwen was still breathing, that's all that matters the most.

"It'll be okay, you're fine. Just get better." he kisses Gwen. "I'm counting on you, Megan."

"Just shut up and get going."

Lucky for Gwen to get treated for Megan to deal with head injuries like this, for Gwen will be fine...Weak and dizzy but fine to still be alive from getting beaten up from Peek, so mess up! Unaware of the camera, Batman returns to the Batcave, talks to Bruce and removes his mask. All of this is caught on the spy-cam by Peek. For Bruce can't do anything about arresting Peek like this.

"Peek isn't really a criminal — unless being a reporter counts."

"But Bruce...He try to kill Gwen." Terry tells him.

Soon enough, Megan arrives to help out Gwen to try to recover.

"Gwen...? What happened?!" Bruce was worried.

"Uncle Bruce...He got me with strong water and try to punch me to my death." she was upset for not trying. "Please forgive me..."

Megan shows the rest on camera.

"It's not much, but I got a little on what he did to Gwen. But I still need more time to look up on the device he uses to turn invisible with..." said Megan. "This might take away."

"I stand corrected...He can be arrested for battery and assault." Bruce changes his mind. "We just need more evidence. Gwen, you did fine, and you had me worried. Try to rest up."

Gwen tries to for Terry to keep her company.

"I'll help you to your room." he carries Gwen. "I'll make Peek pay for this."

"Thanks, Terry, you're the best."

Gwen's other self was resting up to recover, so she'll be okay too. The next morning, Terry is woken up by Matt who alerts him on news about Batman. For Megan to see this, it was good to spit out other morning drink.

"What the heck?!" she was shocked to look up more into it to hack through the systems herself. "When did her...?"

Getting up, Terry sees a teaser for Peek's latest episode, revealing footage of the Batcave, including blurred out images of himself and Bruce. Even Gwen sees this on TV to not like this at all.

"(I would've sense it out if Peek didn't get the jump on me...! This is bad. Terry's in trouble.)" Gwen tells Bruce about it right away. "Uncle Bruce!"

Peek promises to reveal the secret identity of Batman and his mentor later on the night edition of the show. Terry receives a call from Bruce after Gwen and Megan told him what happened, who has found the spy-cam, but can do nothing to stop the show from airing. While Terry blames himself for their situation, Bruce accepts the fact that their identities are going to be revealed but is annoyed that someone like Ian Peek had to be the one to expose them.

"I always assumed I'd be found out sooner or later. It's just galling that a piece of garbage like Peek had to be the one." he said. "Megan, I'm going to need your help."

She gets right to it right away without stopping for once.

"Leave it to me, honey." Megan kisses Bruce. "I won't be outsmarted by reports like Peek. I really hate him."

As for Gwen...

"What about me? I want to help."

"Got a match on Peek's DNA hair. Try to feel something out from it for me, okay?"

"What for...?" Gwen didn't get it.

"Trust me..." she puts her fate in Gwen's hands. "You can feel something out from it a little."

And so, she gets to work on it the best she can do while Megan does the other, one step at a time. At Peek's office, he has trouble with his stomach again and gets medicine to soothe the pain. He notices Batman's sudden arrival and invites him inside, but addresses him by his real name, startling him. Peek reveals upon discovering Bruce Wayne's involvement, realizing Terry's identity was simple and proceeds to question him that Bruce Wayne was the original Batman and love interest of Megan Tsuki.

"I don't care what you do to me. But he doesn't deserve this." Terry tells Peek. "He's done too much for this city to wind up in the middle of a media circus. And you leave Megan out of this too."

Ignoring his questions, Terry reveals that while he doesn't care what happens to himself, he demands Bruce be left out of this, considering all he has done for Gotham.

"He means a lot to you, doesn't he?" he questions Terry.

"Yeah, he does. And so does Gwen Grayson..."

"Oh, and Gwen must be Batwoman...I heard what happen to her, I had to defend myself is all, but she's alive, right? And I believe you." said Peek. "I really do. That's the trouble with this business. You meet so many liars you forget what sincerity sounds like. Want to say it all again while I've got the camera running?" Peek realizes how much Bruce means to him but still refuses, then mockingly asks for an interview, causing Terry to leave.

Now Peek had to say about Gwen's condition.

"You try to kill her...!"

"After she got in my way." he said back. "I'm still doing my job kid, like it or not."

Terry returns home and finds that, along with the rest of Gotham City, both Matt and Mary are excited about seeing the show.

"I thought you said it wouldn't be entertaining if you were on the receiving end." Terry tells his mom.

Yeah, no kidding – that she did.

"Yeah, well, what do I know?" Mary brushes off her earlier remark, as Terry ironically convinced her 'it's just entertainment'.

Meanwhile, as Peek is getting ready for the show, he takes a tablet for his stomach pains, but it seems to have gotten worse by now. He looks down in horror and sees that his body is partially 'phased' even without the belt. Soon Gwen gets something to feel out for a little of Peek's hair was invisible to turn in seconds.

"(Huh?! Did the hair just...?) Megan!" she alerts her friend. "Peek's hair just turned invisible completely!"

"Let me see..." Megan scans it a bit more to then reveal something shocking from her computer to be very bad for the sneaky reporter. "Gwen, we have to tell Bruce to tell Terry about this now and fast. And if you're going to fight, be on your toes."

She has some fire to use with her inner self to back Gwen up a bit.

"I think I got some fire power to use while recovering."

At Terry's home, his mother and Matt are getting ready as the show is just about to begin.

"Mom, Matt, there's something I need to tell you."

"After the show, dear." she said.

Terry, however, deciding it's best they learn the truth from him first, confesses that he's Batman.

"No! It can't wait!" Terry says it. "I-I'm...Batman."

However, his mother and brother just laugh.

"My brother Batman?" said the laughing Matt. "Yeah right!"

"Seriously, I am!" he said.

"Terry, please!" his mother finds it hard to believe to not be true.

The show starts to air but is abruptly postponed. While Matt and Mary are disappointed, Terry becomes suspicious and discreetly telephones Bruce, but there is no answer, so he goes to investigate. But Gwen does call her boyfriend.

"Gwen?"

"Terry, Megan and I are heading to the TV station. Uncle Bruce's meeting with Peek." she said. "But that's not all we have to tell you...Just meet us there!"

"And hurry!" Megan yells on the phone.

Terry will join with the two girls. Bruce appears at Peek's studio in response to an urgent summoning. Peek says his body is slowly becoming completely intangible and asks Bruce to use his company's resources to find a cure. Bruce states that there are other companies, but Peek states that Bruce's had Taka, causing Bruce to question what he had to do with the situation. Peek then confesses that he was the last to interview Taka before he died, but Bruce denies that Taka would've talked to someone like him. Peek tells him he's a resourceful man and that he has all his research and his belt. This makes Bruce realize that Peek not only stole the belt but was also the one who started the fire that killed Taka. Peek admits it and shamelessly defends his actions saying he had to have it in order to kick his career into high gear.

"Were you also the one who hurt my friend, Gwen Grayson?" he asks Peek.

From there, Peek admits to everything.

"Gwen as Batwoman...? I did, okay? I had to...Her powers were strong to get into my scope of the century and for her I had to knock her until tomorrow to use her weakness against the girl-!"

Now Bruce was mad.

"She almost died because of you!" angered Bruce.

Disgusted, Bruce refuses to help him, and Peek threatens to expose both him, Gwen, and Terry. Bruce sees his body further deteriorating and keeps walking. Desperate, Peek tries to give back the footage by throwing it at Bruce's feet, but he still refuses.

"Please...help me...!

Enraged, Peek attacks and nearly kills Bruce but Batman arrives and saves him. With Gwen using her fire to trap Peek and Megan with her gun out.

"You tried to kill me!" she said.

"Don't move, Peek!" Megan had him now. "You're under arrest for assaulting Gwen, spying on others, breaking into people's places, and trying to kill Mr. Wayne!"

"I second that." Batman said as well.

Peek continues to fight and raises a gun, but his finger, and then his whole hand, become intangible, followed shortly by his entire body. Still at the mercy of gravity, Peek sinks through the floor, yelling for help.

"HELP!" Peek falls to the ground levels.

"Terry, go after him! I got Bruce and the footage." said Megan. "Go!"

"I want to help, Terry!"

Batman allows it to give Gwen a lift.

"Stay next to me." he said. "And hold on tight...or as long as you like."

Batman and Gwen give chase while Bruce picks up the disc containing the spy-cam footage for Megan to hold on to.

"Should I delete it?"

"It's fine, Megan." Bruce holds on to the disc instead. "I take it that the belt Peek's using is slowly killing him."

"The more someone like him uses it a lot, the worse it'll take hold of your body to eat you alive from the many invisible parts to hurt your body, all of it until it's too late. He murders Taka for it and now it's karma time." Megan learned all about it.

Batman and Gwen just manage to reach the lowest basement level as Peek is sinking through it.

"(I say this is Peek's just defeat to me.)" said Gwen's inner self.

Batman tells Peek to control his solidity so he could pull him up, and it seems to work at first, but he loses control and helplessly sinks into the ground.

"NOOO!" he cries out.

"Peek!" Gwen felt bad to not save him in time. "I know what he did to me was wrong, but he would've got prison time...Not dearth like this...He's gone, Terry, he's just going to keep on flying until he fades away into nothing."

Terry/Batman hugs Gwen to do something without being Batwoman again to do great.

"Hey, we tried. It's ashamed it happened. He should've mess with something that wasn't his or got intto our business. But, Gwen, we're okay. Our secrets' safe."

"It is...And you did help me out a lot."

Gwen and Terry kisses to fall on the ground to make a out a little.

"Wow...What a kisser!" he said.

Bruce and Megan arrived and explains that in his phased state, Peek will likely keep right on falling until he reaches the center of the Earth, remarking that 'it's about as inside as you could get'. What a bad way to go.

"Uncle Bruce. Megan. We did it." Gwen tells the other two.

"What's gonna happen to him?" Terry asks Bruce.

"My guess, he'll keep right on falling till he reaches the center of the Earth. It's about as 'inside' as you can get."

And a very bad way to go for Peek to be nothing left of him but a memory after tonight for Inside Peek is over.

"Well, I guess karma does suck." she said to tell Gwen and Terry to get back up. "Hey, you two. No making out like that...I have a best place you can do it more and then some."

"And where's that at?" Gwen asks.

For Megan and Bruce looked at each other to show from their old hiding spots to become a nice looking apartment places to be built over to for Terry and think about doing with Gwen in the later future...

"It's where a old home use to be for Bruce and I to make out...And now it's rebuilt to a nice apartment place to think about later. Right, Bruce?"

"We did have good times there." he said to hug Megan.

For Terry and Gwen to look at each other to like it to keep it in mind.

"(Without any peeping tom's around should be good to live in, you love birds.)" said Gwen inner half.

Well, good memories, huh? And Peek...Bummer, but he did it all to be a murderer, doing illegal things, be rich, almost murder both Bruce and Gwen, and learn the hard way what happens when you play with something so much to ruin your life and it did. Turning yourself invisible to make you walk through walls and such even sold floors was a bad way a go. Still, I hate reporters like he was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 3.4K 55
"I looked at all of you as a family one night and saw how you all didn't need me. You all were just talking and smiling. I knew that if I walked i...
14K 361 57
When the spy girls find themselves going to Gotham Academy, and when a new sponsor funding WOOHP by the name of Amanda Waller appears, their lives be...
26.1K 546 20
What happens when Y/n the adoptive daughter of The Joker and Harley Quinn Goes to Gotham academy to start a 'Normal Life' and bumps into Damian Wayne...
43.5K 1.2K 29
Karsyn Williams is starting a new life as the daughter of well-known CEO, Thomas Williams. She's left her old life behind and doesn't plan on going...