𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧, the folk of...

By michaelises

"𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑜𝓎 𝒽𝑒𝓇." (cardan... More

𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢
𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓘
𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓘𝓘
𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓘𝓘𝓘
𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓘𝓘𝓘𝓘
𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓥
𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓥𝓘
𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓥𝓘𝓘
𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓥𝓘𝓘𝓘

𝖒𝖆𝖉𝖜𝖔𝖒𝖆𝖓 🥀

882 30 27
By michaelises

(madwoman)

"she came in like a calm storm of rage"

ANOK YAI AS
BRITHA LONGDALE "The Hawk"

BRITHA LONGDALE had a unique ability among the world of ELFHAME. No, she was not mortal nor was she faerie. She and the rest of her beloved family were of something else entirely. They were a family that came from a longline of witches and warlocks, one that lost its own home world about twenty years ago. There were many tales that were talked about how the Longdale family came to be all the way from where they were from to Faerieland. They say an enemy line of elves overtook the land with fire and rage as a claim of rivarly and deceit most of all. However even after those tales, they were not fully accepted by the faerie. Not because they were sorcerers and were different from the rest of them only,

but they were a family to be feared and not crossed with.

In Britha's case, she was described as peculiar, cold, not particular one for social standings all the time or bonding with others ( she says she's rather terrible at it) and on top of that a terrible liar, she stays quiet half the time because of it, or so she says. Most people deem it as a cover up for her blunt honesty. When Britha was a baby she was given a gift by the GODS her people had worshipped. The GODS that gave every power to her family and line of witches and warlocks. This gift however was sought after by most due to how dangerous and unpredictable they deemed it. And due to her being born with it, she had to pay the price for it, unwillingly. But she learned to accept and use it to her advantage, as a weapon. And thats how she found out it was more than she bargained for.

"men are natural in battles, but a woman in battle is truly bloodthirsty."

-cate tiernan

Backstory: The Longdale family is a powerful line of witches and warlocks that recently established in Elfhame. There is many mystery that surrounds them and where they came from but they most of the time keep to themselves and don't bother with the faerie folk, except for Ember Longdale who took his fathers, Saquinexs position as the current head of the family. He is now an official member of the High Kings court as an important member and advisor, due to him quickly earning the position the people call him the "master of manipulation" as a foul nickname. With that the disclosed information of the Longdale family was exposed with more people being curious. The family has been known to practice all sort of different magic among the members, Ember being fire, Sanquinex being enchantment and sealing, Nyathera being seer magic and illusion, Allora being flower magic while her twin brother Jaser being water magic. Caris was the only member who didn't posses any magical power the family was blessed with, only due to her being a faerie from a well respected family who married Ember as a sign of peace. One High King Eldred approved of himself.

And what off the lovely Britha the power she posesses, that could be seen as a blessing but as well as a curse. One that intially divided the whole family, One that caused the demise of her mother, Trista. But they all came to one conclusion as she was the eldest and current next person in line as the head. She must be surveyed, watched and protected at all costs. But if she were to lose control.

Thats where everybody's head would spin.

hello hello hello welcome everybody. I couldn't resist as i have many many stories filled up in my head, i couldn't help but jot down this one as i am currently obsessed with The Folk Of The Air series. It brought me out momentarily from my writers block, i've been meaning to write something new for sometime now.

Now i hope you guys liked the insight and background i gave for our main Britha and her family. They are quite important as they will be a big factor in this story and Britha herself will have her own story as well to correlate that while also not trying jumble everything into the plot of the main series, yes she will have her own arc as well.

Now for love interests I have not listed just one person, I wanted to head this into the direction of various x oc but also have cardan AND jude as her main love interests, cause honestly thats like a dream come true they both baddies i really couldn't decide fr. maybe in the end of the series it will be a poly relationship 👀 but we will never know! so sit tight for the ride to find out! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 62 14
CHARACTERS BELONG TO HOLLY BLACK Jude Duarte has brought her high school band, Nightfell, back together after years of being broken up just for this...
111K 7.2K 56
BETWEEN TWO LUNGS | ❛ hell hath no fury like a woman scorned . . . ❜ in which a spy of t...
73.2K 2K 14
Jude Duarte is the Queen of Faerie, but few people know that. Married in secret then banished to the mortal realm, Jude has to find her footing again...
65.7K 746 31
𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐑 ( outer banks ) ( jj x...