Batman Beyond - Burning Passi...

By TaylaDragoHester

From many years later for Bruce Wayne is no longer Batman to still be with Megan to start a bounty hunter bus... More

Rebirth Parts 1 and 2
Black Out
Meltdown
Heroes
Shriek
Dead Man's Hand
The Winning Edge
Spellbound
Disappearing Inque
A Touch of Curaré
Ascension
Splicers
Earth Mover
Joyride
Lost Soul
Hidden Agenda
Bloodsport
Once Burned
Hooked Up
Rats
Mind Games
Revenant
Babel
Terry's Friend Dates a Robot
Eyewitness
Final Cut
The Last Resort
Armory
Sneak Peek
The Eggbaby
Zeta
Plague
April Moon
Sentries of the Last Cosmos
Payback
Where's Terry?
Ace in the Hole
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
King's Ransom
Untouchable
Inqueling
Big Time
Out of the Past
Speak No Evil
The Call Parts 1 and 2
Betrayal
Curse of the Cobra Parts 1 and 2
Countdown
Unmasked

Golem

101 5 0
By TaylaDragoHester

Batman Beyond 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode# 3 – Golem

It's a typical day at Hamilton Hill High School and nerdy Willie Watt feels the effects of biology when he sees Blade Sommer. He tries to talk to her, but Nelson Nash arrives in his car and shoves him away. Gwen sees this to be walking by in shyness for someone to get bullied.

"(Nelson's so mean to this person...Trying to talk to someone he likes for this bully to get in the way is very mean. I feel bad for the person.)"

Willie confronts him but is pushed into Nelson's car.

"Ah, now look what you done!" he stops to see Gwen to be watching while trying to hide. "Ah, is Gwen trying to be a hero or something."

"Gwen?" Willie sees her.

She comes out of hiding a little.

"Nelson, is it?" she tries to be strong. "What you're doing to Willie is very wrong. Go bother someone else and quit harassing Blade."

"Harassing? Me? You saw this nerd making a scratch on my poor car, I'm only teach him a lesson." Nelson moves in closer to Gwen. "If Blade doesn't want to go out with me, maybe you do."

Gwen tries to stay strong to not let her powers take over.

"Sorry, I don't like mean people."

"Leave hr alone, Nelson." Willie tried to help her out.

"Shut it, nerd." he said back to holding Gwen's hand. "Come on, Gwen, I'm a nice guy once you get to know me..."

Nelson gets angry at the fact that his car was almost scratched and prepares to beat Willie up and makes his moves on Gwen but is stopped when Terry intervenes. Even when Nelson was moving in closer to Gwen.

"Lay off them, Nash." Terry warns his rival. "Don't you have anything better to do?"

Saved for Gwen was very happy to see her friend.

"Terry!"

"You think I'm afraid of you, McGinnis?" Nelson questions his rival.

"I don't know. Are you?"

Nice one! Nelson just glares at Terry to stop.

"He's not worth it." he said to Willie to turn to Gwen next. "You'll get to like me soon enough, Gwen." Nelson then turns to Terry. "But you are, McGinnis. Someday."

Well, luckily for Willie got away with a ripped shirt.

"You okay?" Terry asks.

"Yeah...Fine." he leaves to say his thanks. "Thanks for helping me, Terry. And Gwen, thanks for standing up for me."

Once he leaves, Terry was a bit worried about Gwen was having Nelson move too close to her.

"I hope Willie will be fine."

"He's smart to know what's right and wrong." he tells her. "Are you hurt, Gwen? Stupid Nelson keeps on bothering you. If you don't like him, walk away."

"I do, really." Gwen tells Terry. "You know what I am around others. Even with this bracelet, I still don't want to use my fire powers on him for everyone to know my secrets unless I'm Batwoman...Or the other me. And I hate feeling weak."

Feeling bad, Terry had to try cheering Gwen up somehow for him to place his arms around her waist.

"Don't say that, Gwen, you're strong. I've seen your skill. You can do anything; you can fight back to still be a cute and kindhearted as you already are."

Having a moment, for them to be blushing and turning away.

"Ah...I didn't mean to stare!" Gwen freaks out.

"No, its me. It was nice I was saying to you, I'm already with Dana. Stupid!" so was Terry. "But you know what I meant."

That was something new that no one didn't see coming.

"Well, I'll take your word for it, Terry, thanks. I just need time to think something over to do than use my powers. (And I hope I'll find out how with some help.)"

Willie later visits Willie's father, Frank, a foreman at a construction site, and watches as a worker pilot a giant robot made for heavy lifting, a GoLeM. Frank demands that Willie push Nelson back and 'hit him where it hurts', giving Willie an idea. That night, while Batman tests out his suit's new stealth mode and Gwen's the same with her smoke invisibility at a basketball game, they soon learn that the GoLeM has been stolen.

"Just when the game was getting good." Batman comes back visible again. "Let's go, Batwoman, there's trouble."

Batwoman does the same thing.

"For these types of skills to use from our suits, it makes us look super cool. I love it!" she flies off with Batman. "You kids play well and stay in school."

The GoLeM arrives at the mall just as Blade and Nelson are leaving. As soon as it arrives, Nelson takes off, leaving Blade behind. Nelson tries to escape in his car but the GoLeM grabs it and crushes it. Willie isn't done, however, as he tries to kill Nelson but Batman and Batwoman intervene.

"Look!" Blade points out. "Its Batman!"

"And Batwoman." same with Nelson. "Stop that thing, my car's destroyed!"

From Batman throwing bomb Batarangs at the GoLeM and Batwoman doing the same with her fire-type of Batarangs to melts the parts from it.

"Excuse me, Mr. Bully, but I do think your life's more important that silly old car. Sorry, but its true. While also..." she uses another fire skills to shield Blade and Nelson. "Lucky for me to help you out and almost leaving this pop popular girl behind, so be thankful I love saving others' lives from danger such as a giant robot. Just stay put, would you?"

You said it, Batwoman.

"Leave us alone!" angered Willie.

Angered at the intervention, Willie has the GoLeM attack Batman and Batwoman instead, only to be tricked into having it strike power cables that cause the circuitry to overload.

"Shocking defeat, wasn't it?" said Batwoman to make a joke.

"I think its shut down for good." Batman tells his partner. "That is, if we find the person who was controlling and who stole it to be somewhere."

The overload also feeds back into Willie through the headband remote control. Willie manages to escape and is surprised to see energy still flowing through his body. Following the incident, Blade shows her displeasure towards Nelson for leaving her behind.

"My hero."

Back at the Batcave, Megan studies from the head band and GoLeM project that happened.

"I got something big." she said to have one other thing to say. "Gwen, hey. I hope you don't mind me checking on you while you're training your fire powers once a day."

She hears her friend from the radio to allow it.

"Its fine, Megan, its like your my private doctor."

"Good to know, I like getting commented." Megan smiles on the screen.

"Megan, what can you tell us about the GoLeM machine?" ask Bruce.

Lots of it for Terry, Gwen, and Bruce to hear every detail for Megan to give them to still use her hacking skills to get lots of information. Also cool how she'll help out Gwen sometimes to being her personal doctor too. Anyways, the details please...

"Oh, right. I found something about it. The G.L.M., Galvanic Lifter Machine, aka GoLeM, was a construction robot. GoLeM was remotely controlled by halo-like headband. It was made by Frank Watt who does construction work around the Gotham City with those things, your mind and movement has the Golem do what you're doing when wearing the head band connected to your brain. Also, if damage could hurt you a lot or cause a problem from your brain if you're not careful."

Makes sense there to have Terry and Gwen wonder about the head band part...

"And the whereabouts of the headband?" Terry asked. "Did the police find it?"

"No such luck." Bruce answers.

For Megan to play the cameras on what the GoLeM did the other night to destroy Nelson's car.

"From the looks of it, it tried to go after Nelson and then having the car crushed up."

"He sounds like a real show off." Megan said. "But yeah, someone hated this dude.

Terry tells the others besides Gwen already knowing on Nelson Nash.

"Nelson Nash, he goes to our high school both Gwen and me."

"Terry, do you know anyone who has a grudge against him?" Bruce asks him.

"The line starts with me and goes around the block...twice."

True, for him to have a lot of enemies.

"Besides you, Terry, others hate him for girls won't go out with this guy." said Gwen to stay away from Nelson's attitude. "And not my type thank you."

Morning comes and Willie heads off to school. To spite Nelson, Blade asks Willie out to the dance. Furious, Nelson menaces Willie, but Willie senses that he still has a connection with the GoLeM and feels fine.

"When I get my hands on the jerk who stole that GoLeM, I'm going to make him sorry he was ever born." said Frank.

So much for being the father of the year.

"Maybe he already is." Willie said bitterly.

"What was that?"

Willie leaves the room.

"Nothing." he said back.

From the school, Blade goes with Willie to the dance to get back at Nelson who likes her and now he's mad and a lot more to not have Gwen notice him either...That's unfair! For Blade to play with people's love emotions like it was nothing, its wrong! For Willie to feel scared to have control of the GoLeM now without the head band for Terry to see that something's wrong for Gwen to sense out a type of electrical sparks of a type of fire to pick it up from Willie himself.

"Ah, Willie?" she was confused. "Was that you are sparking?"

"Oh, pardon me Gwen."

Once he leaves, she had to tell Terry something.

"Ah...Terry...Something's up with Willie, but I don't know what it is just yet. (Does he has something to do with the GoLeM since his father has it?)"

Later, Willie heads into Jokerz Territory to test out his new way of communicating with the GoLeM. He chases the gang off and expresses how things are looking up. That's not good...The night of the dance comes for Dana and Terry to have fun together.

"Its nice for Mr. Wayne to give you the time off, Terry. And having Gwen along will find her the right guy." Dana said. "Otherwise, I've gone alone."

"By yourself?" Terry questions his girlfriend. "That would be sad." he turns to Gwen next. "Just stay with us, Gwen, we're going to have tons of fun."

She dresses nice to have a good time.

"Ah, yeah...Sure." she was feeling shy. "As long as I'm with my friends."

Dana would do anything to help out others like Gwen to be a good person.

"I'm glad I'm your friend, Gwen."

And with Willie goes with Blade. Blade, however, regrets her ploy as she is immediately ridiculed by her peers. With Nelson arrives to see if he could dance with Gwen.

"Alone tonight, Gwen? How about we dance..." he sweet talks with her.

Gwen makes the right call to stay with Terry and Dana.

"No thank you, Nelson. You're not my type and you hurt others. I rather go on a date with my friends than with a man who doesn't have feelings. (Stay cool, Gwen, you can do this.)"

She walks off to hang out with Terry and Dana to be proud of her for standing up against Nelson.

"Way a go, Gwen, you were great!"

"Not bad. Maybe there's some cuteness in you to act so strong...!" Terry stops to say something else differently. "For other girls to be jealous when you get someone who's a cuter guy than Nelson is!"

Well, Terry was being nice to have mix feelings for Gwen.

"Ah, thanks Terry..." she said. "(It did feel wonderful. I guess I have to keep on trying to ignore some people and fight back somehow. I'm glad I can hold back my fire powers with Uncle Bruce, Terry, and Megan's help.)"

So much for him trying to make his moves on Gwen again. Soon Nelson comes to Blade's rescue and pleads for another chance. Hesitant to hurt Willie's feelings, Blade refuses, but Nelson decides he'll take care of him. He takes Willie to the docks and insists that Willie step aside and shoves him into the ocean when he refuses.

"If anyone's going to make a move on Blade, Gwen, or even my Dana and not McGinnis's, its going to be me."

Nelson and his friends have a laugh but are unaware that the GoLeM is coming. Now Willie has not only lost it, but he's a full monster compared to the GoLeM itself. Well, looks like Nelson's real crush is Dana Tan, who knew.

"I won't be ignored, Blade..." he said in a wicked way.

A slow dance starts, and Nelson has Blade again. Willie arrives; soaking wet and people start laughing at him. Gwen sees the horror to try helping out Willie.

"Oh, no..." she runs up to him to check on Willie's conditions. "Willie, did Nelson hurt you again? Are you feeling well?" Gwen couldn't touch Willie too much from the water. "Could someone hand him a towel?"

Dana also decides to take pity on him and offers to take him home.

"Come on, Willie." she helps out Gwen. "Gwen, Terry, and I will take you home."

"No." he said. "I don't need your help; I don't need anyone's help at all." Willie refuses, saying that he needs no one's help, and summons the GoLeM.

Now Gwen knows what was wrong with Willie and who stolen the GoLeM.

"Its you with the GoLeM!" she takes Dana to safety to hide somewhere else next. "Dana! Take cover! Terry is doing the same, we'll be fine! (Please help me out, I want Nelson to learn something, but not to get killed.)"

Bruce tells Terry to hide for him to go as Batman, he does the same with Gwen.

"Gwen, the GoLeM's here, both you and Terry get ready."

"Yes, Uncle Bruce." Gwen then transforms. "Burning Passion! Batwoman!" she was now the crime fighting heroine. "Party! Well, well, what do we have a here? A real party crashing who doesn't know how to play nice. Again, I blame both the bully and the queen bee. Hurting people's feelings can be a sad thing." she saves Blade from Nelson pushing her aside. "Stay close to me, lady, if you wish to live and learn a lesson."

The GoLeM attacks and forces everyone to jump into the water. Nelson is nearly killed but Batman arrives and saves him.

"Thanks again."

"Don't mention it." Batman drops Nelson to safety in the waters to then joining with Batwoman. "Is Blade okay?"

"Scared, but she'll be fine. Now, let's have a real dance with the giant robot!" she said. "Let's tango!"

Fortunately, before the GoLeM can kill Batman for Batwoman's grappling fire tries slowing them machine down, only for Frank to arrive and implores Willie to stop.

"Willie!" he shows himself. "So, it was you. Stop doing this, right now."

However, Willie, still bitter toward his father for his harsh treatment of him, orders the GoLeM to attack Frank.

"But you told me to fight back and I am." said Willie. "Who's the tough guy now to fight back, huh?"

This is not happening for a father to be killed from his only son.

"(Willie, don't do this!)" Gwen pleaded to make Willie stop.

Batwoman agrees with her other self is saying.

"A son turning against a busy tough father? Now just plain crazy!"

Once again, Batman and Batwoman intervenes and manage to blind the GoLeM.

"How are you doing this?" Batman wanted to know.

"Something from the malfunction from the headband shock, zap, and boom into that nerd's brain cells that Megan told us about. Nasty side effects." Batwoman remembers hearing. "This might be bad for someone at this young age."

Willie keeps on attacking at the two heroes.

"A pretty good accident for me, wouldn't you say? I love it!"

Trying to get them for Batman and Batwoman flew away from the heavy hits.

"(But he's your father, Willie!)" said Gwen. "(You can't do that to someone!)"

"Oh, yes I can." he keeps on attacking.

Batman use some bottle of acid to mess with the computer screen from the GoLeM to hurt with Willie's eyes too. For Gwen to see the weakness.

"Seems like hitting the robot will also hit the nerd." said Batwoman. "Batman, I think you just found out the weakness."

"(Then its our only chance we have.)" and Gwen.

However, Frank is put into a bad position as he cannot swim and is dangling over the ocean.

"Jump!"

"But I can't swim!" said Frank.

Now Batman has to save the man.

"Perfect..." said the Dark Knight.

Willie grows angrier than ever and attacks again. Batman manages to save Frank and then goes to a rocket ride in the carnival. Using two grapples and Batwoman sets off some firebombs to set the robot flying, they both manage to reel the GoLeM into the ride and destroys it.

"Fast, people! Faster!" said Batwoman. "Wee!"

As it collapses, Willie cries out, having now lost what power he had.

"Noo!" he runs over to GoLeM. "Come back...Come back..."

So much for helping out Willie for Gwen really wanted to only to see a bad person underneath it all.

"(Sorry, Willie, I could've helped you.)"

Frank goes to have a talk to his son before he gets send to jail.

"Go to him, you might be seeing him for a long time afterwards." Batman tells him.

And so he does to miss some, blames himself, to also be proud on what Frank kind of did on his own to fight back. Again, some father he turned out to be.

"Sure caused a lot of trouble. Guess that means he's not a wuss anymore."

"Good ahead and tell yourself that, mister, but you won't learn anything after today." said Batwoman to take off with Batman. "Let' get going, Batman. We did try, but it all went down the toilet somehow."

Willie is sentenced to three years in juvenile hall where he is still bullied. However, he shows that he still has his powers, causing a television to explode without even touching it. He then gets up and walks away. The other kids are afraid of him now as they step back in fear, and Willie creepily smiles. And this is what happens when you mess with someone who tries to fight back, it turns them into a monster.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179 0 12
When Tim Drake became Robin he left his entire life behind, including his best friend. Not satisfied with his disappearance, Y/n drops out of school...
48.7K 1.6K 24
Batman or Batdad?? Terry, Damian, Stephanie, Tim, Jason, Cassie, Carrie all together in one house was probably enough for poor Alfred but then comes...
107K 4.4K 41
[ how do you know so much about criminals? ] ━━━━━━ damian wayne x fem!original character started december 2022 [1 in batman 1/12/23] [1 in catwoman...
266 6 1
Matt gets sick after an accident which occurred while attempting to follow Batman. Terry finds himself going into the past with the current Flash in...