RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.3) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celti... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Volume 1-3 End Song

Chapter 34

266 11 0
By ZANE_555

Bright white light is all that Ruby could see. She could barely hear some voices. Voices like her Uncle Qrow.

Qrow: "It's alright. I got ya, kiddo. I got ya."

Hearing radio static in the background as well as her father's sighing.

Tai: "Damn it. Nothing."

Qrow: "Just turn it off. Without the CCT, there's no point."

Tai: "Ugh, communication down across the entire kingdom, no way to contact the outside world... and Ozpin's still missing."

Qrow: "Yeah."

Tai: "This is bad, Qrow."

Qrow: "Yeah, it is."

She then overhears another familiar voice.

Y/N #1: "I'm Y/N L/N. It's nice to meet you, sir."

Tai: "You're Y/N. Qrow's lone student and one of my daughters' teammates."

Y/N: "That's right..."

Tai: "You're injured. Please, rest up in the guest room."

(The Island of Patch)

Inside of the Xiao Long/Rose Cabin, Ruby is asleep in an unfamiliar bed, wearing gray pajamas. Birds are tweeting and sunlight is streaming onto the wall behind the bed's headboard. After a few seconds, she slowly wakes up, rubbing her eyes and looks over to see her father asleep in a chair. She sits up and sighs quietly, causing Taiyang to stir awake, making him run over to kneel by her bed. 

Tai: "Ruby! You're awake!"

Ruby: "Ugh... w-what happened?"

Tai: "Your uncle Qrow found you, unconscious. He got you out of there, though, and brought you home safe. You've been... unconscious through the whole summer. I'm just so happy to see you awake."

Ruby is visibly scrawny and when she tries to move, she tremble in her motion, her muscles being weakened a considerable amount during her coma. Looking down in thought for a split second, then looks over to her father.

Ruby: "Wait! Yang! Is she alright!? And Y/N! What happened to him!?"

Tai: "Y/N is fine. He's sleeping in the guest room and Yang... she's uh... she's gonna be alright. I think she's just... I think it's just gonna take some time for her to get used to things. She's too strong to let this stop her." 

The man covers his eyes for a moment, sniffling, then looks up to Ruby, smiling.

Tai: "I'm just glad to have my girls back at home."

Ruby: "What happened to the school?! And Vale?! Were they able to clear out the Grimm?"

Tai: "Things at Vale are under control, but the school... It's... it's not that simple. That thing, whatever it is, doesn't seem to be dead. Don't get me wrong, you did a number on it. But it's not disappearing. It's... kind of... frozen. I know that doesn't sound too bad, but it keeps attracting more Grimm to the school."

His response makes Ruby confuse as she tilts her head a bit. 

Ruby: "I did... what?"

Tai: "Hmm...?"

Ruby: "You said I did a number on it. What do you mean?"

Tai: "I... Look that's not important right now. We can talk about it later. Things are just... kind of a mess."

Qrow: "It's always a mess."

Ruby and Tai look to see Qrow and a bandaged-up Y/N suddenly standing in the room, near the door. Qrow finishes off the contents of his flask before continuing.

Ruby: "Y/N!"

She tries to get out of her bed only to stagger and wince in pain a bit.

Y/N #1: "Hey, Ruby. Just stay in your bed." 

Tai: "Y/N. You shouldn't be up by now."

Y/N #1: "Hehe. Sorry, I wanted to check up on Ruby again."

Qrow turns to the sitting Tai. 

Qrow: "Mind if we have a minute?"

Tai: "What, I can't stay here?"

Qrow: "Tai. Please."

Tai stands up, sighs, and then leans in to kiss Ruby on the forehead.

Tai: "I'm glad you're alright. I'll go make us some tea."

Taiyang stares down at Qrow on the way out, but Qrow doesn't appear to care only looking down. Qrow then turns to Y/N.

Qrow: "You too, kid. I need to chat with her about... you know..."

He goes to point at his eyes, which makes Y/N sigh.

Y/N #1: "Sure, just tell me when you're done talking, okay?"

Qrow: "Sure thing."

Qrow goes to pat him on the shoulder before Y/N waves goodbye to Ruby.

Y/N #1: "Love you."

Ruby nod to him as he left the room, closing it. As Qrow approaches Ruby's bed, he grabs the chair and drags it with him. He then spins it around to face the bed and sits in it with a significant slouch, crossing one leg over the other.

Qrow: "So, how you feeling?"

Ruby: "Um... I kind of hurt... all over."

Her uncle just chuckles lightly before resuming.

Qrow: "That makes sense, after what you did." 

Ruby: "You guys keep saying that! That I did something! What are you talking about?!"

Qrow goes to sit on the chair Tai was sitting on, leaning forward to her.

Qrow: "What's the last thing you remember?"

Ruby: "I ran up the side of the tower, and when I got to the top, I..."

After a moment of silence, Ruby gasps, realizing what happened as sadness plastered in her eyes. 

Ruby: "Pyrrha! Is she...?"

This makes Qrow look down on the floor. 

Qrow: "She's gone."

Tears begin to appear in Ruby's eyes as she starts crying a bit.

Ruby: I... I... I got to the top... and I saw Pyrrha... and Cinder... Cinder..."

The girl starts gripping her blanket upon saying that name before continuing.

Ruby: "And then everything went white..."

Qrow: "Anything else?"

She then wipes the tears from her eyes. 

Ruby: "I remember... my head hurting."

Qrow: The night you met Ozpin, what was the first thing he said to you?

Ruby: "I... I don't know."

Qrow: "Okay, tell me what first thing he told you?"

Ruby: "Uhm... he said my full name and then said I have 'silver eyes'."

Qrow: "Silver eyes... that's an extremely rare trait."

Ruby: "So?"

Qrow: "You're special, Ruby. And not in the 'Daddy loves his special angel' kind of way. You're special the same way your mom was. Remnant is full of legends and stories, some of them true, some made up. But there's one Oz told me from a very long time ago. Back before Huntsmen, before Kingdoms, it was said that those born with silver eyes were destined to lead the life of a warrior. It's why people like the Grimm Reaper exist with that supposed gift."

Ruby: "Oh yeah! You told me about the Grimm Reaper before."

Qrow: "Yep. Looks like you both got something in common."

Ruby: "Me? With a legend? So cool."

Qrow: "You see, the creatures of Grimm, the most fearsome monsters mankind had ever encountered, were afraid of those silver-eyed warriors. They were the best of the best. It was said that even a single look from one of these fighters could strike a Grimm down. Heh. It's a ridiculous story."

Ruby: "But... you think that I might be..."

Qrow: "Well, a giant monster is currently frozen on top of Beacon Tower. And you're here, safe in bed."

He gets to his feet and walks over to a window, leaning on the sill and staring outside.

Ruby: "Wait, wait, how did you know what Ozpin said to me... the night we met?"

Qrow: "All those missions I go on... all the times I'm away in some far-off place... it's been for Ozpin. But he's missing now. Something's been set in motion. With Oz gone, I'll have to pick up where he left off."

Ruby: "Then what can I do? If I'm so special, then I can help, right?"

Qrow: "You really wanna help? Get some rest. You're in no condition to go anywhere right now."

He then starts heading to the door before stopping and looking back at his niece. 

Qrow: "Besides, our enemy's trail leads all the way to Haven. That'd be quite a trip for a pipsqueak like you... Catch ya later, kiddo. 

Her uncle leaves as Ruby now sits alone for a while. She looks at the window that Qrow looked out of, then stares at herself in a mirror hanging on the wall across from her bed. 

(Several Minutes Ago)

Tai is at the kitchen, cleaning some dishes and utensils. Before he knew it, Y/N is walking over to him, much to his surprise.

Tai: "Y/N. What are you-"

Y/N #1: "I'm here to help out."

Tai: "But you still need some rest."

Y/N #1: "I said I'm fine. Here see."

He then goes to do some dishes, cleaning them with a sponge before wincing in pain a bit. Tai, in response, grab his wrist, making him stop.

Tai: "Y/N, please stop."

Y/N lower his head, shifting his gaze away from Tai and going silent for a moment before eventually speaking up softly.

Y/N #1: "I'm sorry..."

Tai: "Y/N?"

The man spots the tears rolling down on Y/N's face, clenching his fists on the counter. 

Y/N #1: "I'm sorry... I wasn't there for her... Yang... Ruby... everyone else... I could've prevented this from happening..."

Placing a hand on his shoulder, Tai responds back. 

Tai: "Hey, don't beat yourself over this. You don't have to blame yourself for everything."

Quickly, Y/N turn to Tai, tears coming out of his eyes. 

Y/N #1: "But I do! This was the whole point of my training with Qrow, the reason I hone my skills... to become a huntsman... and yet... despite all of my power... I couldn't do anything...!"

Tai: "Y/N..."

Y/N #1: "I never wanted to feel like this... ever again... to feel weak... helpless..."

He then lowers his head, gritting his teeth as tears drop down from his face. Tai goes to place both of his hands on Y/N's shoulders.

Tai: "There was nothing you can do, Y/N. There was nothing anyone could do. We all didn't know what was happening before it was too late. You're just a kid, of course I don't blame you for what happened. From what Qrow told me, you did the best you could do. So, don't blame yourself."

His remark makes Y/N silent for a few moments before taking a few deep breaths.

Y/N #1: "Okay... I'm sorry for shouting like that."

Tai: "It's okay. I'm just glad that my daughters are safe and sound."

Y/N nod to him in agreement.

Tai: "You should head back and rest, okay?"

Y/N goes to rub off the tears from his eyes.

Y/N #1: "Sure."

Y/N head upstairs just as Qrow leave Ruby's room and walking up to him.

Qrow: "Hey, kid. You feeling any better?"

Y/N #1: "For the most part, yeah."

Qrow: "Well, I'm done with my chat with Ruby. You can go check up on her now."

Y/N #1: "Okay. Oh, and do you know where Yang's room is?"

Qrow: "Oh, I'm sure Ruby will show you where it is. See ya, kid."

Y/N stare after his mentor, walking downstairs and out of sight. Soon enough, Y/N walk over and open the door to Ruby's room, seeing Ruby still on her bed. The moment they lock eyes, Y/N immediately rush over to Ruby and hug her, which she embraces it. Ruby hug him tightly as Y/N speaks up. 

Y/N #1: "I'm so glad you're okay. I really am."

Ruby: "You too."

They then begin to kiss one another for a few minutes before parting ways, locking eyes once more. Ruby's eyes shift over to Y/N's left arm.

Ruby: "Your arm is back."

In response, Y/N look to where she's looking at until he gives her a reassuring smile.

Y/N: "Oh yeah. The nurses and doctors manage to find my arm and stich it back together. Now it's good as new."

Ruby: "Oh..."

Ruby shifts her eyes away from him for a moment before looking back at Y/N. 

Ruby: "Y/N... help me get up."

Y/N #1: "Why?"

Ruby: "I want to check up on Yang."

Y/N #1: "Funny, I was planning to do the same thing, but Ruby you need rest and something to eat."

Ruby: "I will but, I need to go see her... please, Y/N..."

Letting out a sigh, Y/N responds back.

Y/N #1: "Fine, I'll do it."

Ruby gives a warm smile, kissing him on the lips. 

Ruby: "Thanks, Y/N."

With his support, Y/N helps Ruby slowly get up from her bed and with wobbly legs, walk towards Yang's room. They find Yang, who sits alone in a spare bedroom, staring out a window. Her remaining piece of Ember Celica rests on the nightstand next to her bed. Ruby and Y/N stands in the doorway.

Ruby: "Yang?"

She waits for a moment, but when she receives no response from her, Yang finally replies back.

Yang: "Ruby... Y/N..."

Y/N #1: "Hey..."

Yang turns her head to look at her younger sister and boyfriend, tears now in her eyes. Ruby lightly runs over and hugs her.

Ruby: "I'm so glad you're okay!"

Yang: "But I'm not."

Y/N #1: "I'm sorry... I wasn't there, Yang... I'm really sorry..."

As he said this, Y/N goes to join in on the hug as Yang replies.

Yang: "It wasn't your fault, Y/N..."

Y/N #1: "I know but, I shouldn't have been there. I couldn't save you... I couldn't save... Pyrrha... Penny..."

Ruby frowns and releases the hug, which Y/N does the same, trying to hold back the tears swelling up in his eyes.

Yang: "It's all gone, guys... the school, Penny, Pyrrha, and..."

She then halted her sentence, looking over at her severed arm.

Ruby: "Yang, where are Weiss and Blake?"

Yang: "Weiss's father... came for her."

Ruby: "What? What do you mean?"

Yang: "No one outside of Vale knows what happened here. Before the tower fell, the last thing people saw was Atlas robots attacking innocent people and Grimm destroying the city. Everyone's scared. No one knows who to trust. So, Weiss's father came to take her back to Atlas, where he thinks it's safe. She's gone."

Y/N #1: "Well, at least she's safe and sound."

Ruby: "Well, what about-"

Yang: "And Blake ran! 

Y/N #1: "What?"

Yang: "Sun saw her go. After we got to the city, she just... ran!"

Ruby: "But... why!?"

Yang: "I don't know... and I don't care."

Ruby: "There has to be a reason she-"

Yang: "No, there doesn't! Sometimes bad things just happen, Ruby!"

Ruby is quite taken aback by her sister's remark and outburst.

Y/N #1: "As much as I hate to admit it, she's right, Ruby. Bad things happen to good people, whether you like it or not."

Ruby: "So, what do we do now?"

Yang: "You can do whatever you want... I'm gonna lie here..."

Ruby: "Yang..."

Yang: "Just... Just leave me alone..."

Ruby slowly leaves the room, but she pauses in the doorway, looking over her shoulder to say one last thing.

Ruby: "I love you."

Her sister doesn't respond back, merely staring at the window in her room. Sadden by this, Ruby goes to leave her be, leaving the door open for Y/N. Taking a deep breath, Y/N walk over to Yang.

Y/N #1: "Yang, I-"

Quickly, Yang turns to Y/N with a sad expression on her face. 

Yang: "Everyone keeps leaving Y/N... and I... and I don't know if I can take it anymore..."

She then places her hand on Y/N's hand, grabbing it.

Yang: "Please, I want you stay here with me. We can forget about all the fighting, all the Grimm, and just live out the rest of our lives here... together."

Y/N #1: "Yang..."

He ponders for a moment, his eyes gazing upon Yang as she does the same. Before she knew it, Y/N release from her grasp and proceeds to hug her warmly, which she embraces it, starting to cry a bit.

Y/N #1: "Don't worry, Yang... I won't abandon you... I won't ever abandon anyone..."

Upon saying this, Y/N place his lips onto Yang's lips and they kept kissing one another for a few moments before separating. After that, Y/N close the door shut to Yang's room, leaving her be. He then turns to Ruby, who is leaning against the wall near the door.

Y/N #1: "Hey, Rubes. You... hear any of that?"

Ruby: "I mean... it's not like I was eavesdropping or anything like that..."

Y/N #1: "Right... got it..."

There was a moment of silence between the two before Y/N break the silence. 

Y/N #1: "So, Rubes, what are you planning to do?"

Ruby: "I'm... I'm going to Haven."

Y/N #1: "You're going after them, right? Cinder?"

Ruby: "I am. I can't just let them run free... not after everything they've done."

Y/N #1: "Yeah, I agree to that. Cinder and her lackeys need to pay for Beacon... for Vale... for everyone they hurt and kill."

Ruby: "Well, I'm with you on that. But didn't you tell Yang that you'll be stay here with her?"

Y/N think this over for a bit before responding.

Y/N #1: "Yang's strong. I'm sure she'll be fine here. She needs time to... process everything that happened so far."

Ruby: "Okay then... Uncle Qrow said the enemy's trail led all the way to Haven."

Y/N #1: "Good, we have a lead. Better than nothing. We can start there."

Ruby: "He said it would be quite the trip to take though... are you sure the two of us can manage?"

A small smile form on Y/N's face.

Y/N #1: "Don't worry, you're talking to a guy that spend two years traveling around Remnant. Besides, it won't be just the two of us..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 190 43
Here is the sixth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doing is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing...
8.8K 270 47
Here is the fifth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doing is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing R...
33K 329 19
You are Y/N L/N, a Huntsman who graduated from Atlas Academy. His team had gotten killed on a Search and Destroy mission and he was the only one who...
4.7K 93 17
This is a fanfic me and my friend have been working on since February of this year. He has an account on Fanfiction.net called purple27gamelord and...