Aspire - Kanthony's continuat...

Da miss_islemeadow

What if you did not have to wait for season three of Bridgerton to arrive in order to know what happened to K... Altro

Author's Note
Chapter 2 - Where Babies Come From
Chapter 3 - Good Intentions
Chapter 4 - The Ball
Chapter 5 - How to Build a Treehouse
Chapter 6 - Modistes, marriages and mares
Chapter 7 - Under the Autumn Moon
Chapter 8 - A Night at the Opera
Chapter 9 - The Persuasion of a Prince
Chapter 10 - Damage Control
Chapter 11 - Past and Present Evenings
Chapter 12 - An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 13 - New successes, old sorrows
Chapter 14 - The Wedding Anniversary
Chapter 15 - Charades
Chapter 16 - Bloomsbury
Chapter 17 - The Nursery
Chapter 18 - O, Christmas Tree
Chapter 19 - Christmas at Aubrey Hall
Chapter 20 - February 6th
Chapter 21 - Familia ante omnia
Chapter 22 - Summer of Love

Chapter 1 - The News

2.3K 30 8
Da miss_islemeadow

Aubrey Hall, June 1815

The game of pall-mall was quickly afoot after Hyacinth had recovered the runaway ball from Newton. Anthony faced his unprecedented third annual loss of the game after Eloise had knocked his ball way too far into the bushes to be able to get on top of the game again. Kate's ball met the same fate in Daphne's hands and Benedict's in Colin's, and after a fierce final fight between Colin, Eloise and Daphne, the third Bridgerton son emerged as the winner.

"Haha, look at that!" Colin rejoiced as he swung his mallet and his ball rolled neatly through the last wicket.

"Was this your first ever victory, brother?" Benedict teased and took a sip of his flask.

"Well, as long as Daphne or Anthony did not win, I guess we can all be quite satisfied." Eloise sneered. "Or perhaps we should have let the viscountess win the game, being the new lady of Aubrey Hall?" She chaffed and took a bow towards Kate.

"Oh, please do not insult me with such a pointless act! I am quite sure I shall beat you all next time, even if it will only be my third time playing this brutal game." Kate laughed, just as Anthony strode up the hill after finally finding his ball underneath a large hazelnut bush.

"Did Colin really win? Congratulations brother, though I do swear my line of losses will end with this particular game." He stated and patted Colin on the back.

"Well, your wife just declared that she will be victorious in the following game, so we shall look forward to a most interesting revanche." Daphne smiled.

"I would not expect any less from her." Anthony said, wrapping his arm around Kate's waist and planting a kiss on her temple. "Come along now dearest family, I believe the duke will arrive at any moment!"

The duke did arrive shortly after all the Bridgertons, Duchess Daphne and Lady Agatha Danbury had sat down by the large table decked outside in the garden.

"Hastings! I am glad you finally arrived, but I am sad to inform you that you just missed our game of pall-mall." Anthony greeted him, standing up and shaking his hand happily.

"Bridgertons, godmother." Simon smiled as they all rose. "Please, do not get up. I am glad as well to be here and see you all, after such a long time." He sat down on the empty chair next to Daphne. "And most of all I am glad to see you, viscountess. We met ever so briefly at your wedding and I am looking forward to getting to know another poor soul married into this crazy mallet-swinging family." He grinned and looked at Kate on the opposite side of the table that was filled with fruits, sweets and chilled beverages for the hot summer day.

"I am pleased to meet you too, Your Grace." Kate smiled. "Daphne has told me so much about you and little Augie is such a lovely child. And I must congratulate you on soon receiving another, Daphne just told us the wonderful news this morning!"

"Yes, congratulations to you both! Most wonderful news indeed!" Anthony proclaimed with a smile and stood up again. "I shall propose a toast; to my dear sister and my dear friend for being blessed with a second child!"

"Hear, hear!" Violet smiled, as they all joined in on the toast. "And hopefully that child will soon have a cousin." She added, with a wink of her eye towards Kate and Anthony.

"And with the great diligence put into that matter, I am sure it will happen quite soon indeed..." Benedict guffawed, mostly to Colin, but loud enough for the whole table to hear and for Anthony to give him a murderous – but also slightly amused – look. The corner of Kate's lip twitched as well and underneath the table she let her fingers absentmindedly caress her belly. She had felt the changes in her body already for quite some time. It was getting ready, making itself prepared for something new, something big to happen. She had noted the increase of her appetite, the swelling of her breasts, the peculiar fancies regarding different kinds of foods and the changing of previously well-known smells. And now at last, even the quite evident absence of her monthly courses. Nevertheless, she still felt like she did not want to get Anthony's hopes up, perhaps in vain, and had refrained from sharing these suspicions with him before she was undoubtedly certain of her condition. Soon she would call on a doctor and know for sure, this she had decided. She stopped caressing her belly through the smooth fabric of her purple dress and squeezed Anthony's hand instead, sending a quick smile his way. Simon smirked fondly at their affection.

"Now, please tell me. I must know everything about your travels to Bombay, Lord and Lady Bridgerton." The duke requested, as they had all settled after the toasting.

***

The next morning Kate woke up early to a strongly nauseating feeling plaguing her body. Anthony was still fast asleep, his gorgeous body lying naked under the heavy velvet blanket. But Kate had no time to admire her husband like she usually did, if she happened to wake up earlier than he did, because the nausea had grown even worse and she had to jolt up from the bed and vomit into her chamber pot. Anthony stirred in his sleep but did not open his eyes, so Kate tiptoed silently and moved the chamber pot with a disgusted face all the way to the toilette. Slowly she drank a glass of water to wash away the foul taste in her mouth, before sneaking back into the master bedroom silently like a cat.

Kate sighed and cast one more longing look at her peacefully sleeping husband. The auburn morning light sifting through the curtains cast a soft light on his dark curls and stunning face, his sturdy nose and beautiful lips, but the demanding rumble in Kate's stomach forced her to walk away from the tempting warmth in Anthony's arms. Quickly she donned a simple light blue dress and woollen shawl over her nightgown and headed outside to the large hallways of her husband's ancestral home. Now it was her home as well. Kate smirked at the thought and even though the chill of the night was still lingering about in the corners of the great building, she could feel it welcoming its viscountess warmly.

"Good morning, Aubrey Hall..." Kate whispered and smiled to herself. She had loved the building ever since the first time she had laid her eyes upon it, much like she had done with the lord of the house, although she had complained that he was blocking the view of her first glimpse at Aubrey Hall. It seemed like forever ago, even if it was a mere year. So much had changed since she first set her foot here. She had arrived with Edwina and their mother to make sure her sister would be the lady of this particular house, but faith had intervened and now she was the viscountess Bridgerton and lady of Aubrey Hall.

If there was something Kate had learned in her seven and twenty years, it was that no matter how well laid one's plans were... Love, fate, or perhaps both, could ruin them as easily as a gust of wind blows away the seeds of a dandelion. And oh, how much she did love. Most of all Anthony, obviously. Their burning passion towards one another had not cooled down one bit during their half-year-long honeymoon abroad, quite the opposite actually. In addition to that passion, a deep love and companionship had grown between them like a blooming vine of roses, taking the place of that shy and cautious newly found love that they had harboured for each other in the beginning of their acquaintance. They had shared a wonderful adventure together during their long trip to her childhood home in Bombay and back. She knew all of his secrets and he knew all of hers. She had heard all the stories of his upbringing in England and he never grew tired of hearing her stories from India. But still she felt like she learned something new about him every day, and loved him more and more deeply for every passing moment.

But she did not love just Anthony, she loved the entire life she had got with her marriage to him. She loved all of the Bridgerton siblings. She loved how passionate Benedict was about art and Francesca about music and how delightful it was to speak with them about it. She loved Colin's openhearted approach to everything he experienced and everyone he met. She particularly loved Eloise and what an intelligent and independent young woman she was with all her radical ideas. Last, but not least, she loved the childish joy Gregory and Hyacinth spread around the house. Then there was Violet, who had welcomed her into the family more openly than any daughter-in-law could ever hope for, and of course Daphne, who she already had built a strong friendship with. As Kate hurried down the stairs to the morning room she thought about having to seek out Daphne as soon as she would wake up. The servants were just starting to set up the table as Kate entered the room and made startled curtsies or bows when she arrived.

"My lady, you're so early! We've just begun to deck the table, I'm afraid it's not quite ready yet!" One of the maids squeaked.

"It is quite alright, I know I am here much earlier than the viscount and I usually are. I do not expect any company or a fine setting at this hour, but I would love some Indian tea and some wheat rolls with bacon." Kate smiled and sat down. "... And maybe a croissant or two, with strawberry jam and a piece of chocolate. And some pickles. Actually... A lot of pickles."

"Of course, my lady, I shall bring it at once." The maid curtsied with an amused smile and scurried away. Kate sighed, still feeling a bit queasy and grabbed the newspaper that had already been delivered to the table. She scanned quickly throw the lines of small printed words, until her eyes stopped at the presentation of the fact that the annual Hearts and Feathers Ball would be once again arranged by the Bridgerton family this week at Aubrey Hall, but this year it would be hosted for the first time by the new viscountess, Lady Kathani Bridgerton. Kate was still not used to seeing her own name printed in prestigious British newspapers, let alone being Lady Bridgerton and not Miss Sharma. The newspaper also pointed out the excellence of this event, since royal guests were on their way. The new Lady Bridgerton's sister, princess Edwina of Prussia, along with her husband, were attending the festivities, in addition to all the other honourable members of the ton. Kate sighed even deeper. As much as she was looking forward to seeing her sister again after being apart for six months, the pressure of being in charge of such an event was weighing heavily on her. Luckily both Daphne and Violet had offered to, or rather insisted on, aiding her in every way.

***

Much to Kate's delight Daphne had woken up earlier than Anthony and the rest of the house, giving her a chance to speak to her in private.

"It seems to be such a lovely morning outside, would you care to join me for a walk?" Kate asked Daphne politely after they had finished breaking fast together.

"Of course, dear sister-in-law! I would be delighted." Daphne smiled and grabbed Kate's hand as they rose up. Newton had apparently sneaked out from Hyacinth's room and dashed down the stairs from the second floor to the entry hall just as Kate and Daphne were about to head outside. "Oh, I believe he wants to join us." Daphne laughed.

"I am surprised he does, he seems to be mad at me for leaving him behind for half a year. He is more Hyacinth's dog nowadays than he is mine." Kate smirked and opened the door, letting the dog out and the fresh morning air in as they stepped outside.

"Oh, I do love the mornings in the countryside..." Daphne exhaled and grabbed a soft hold of Kate's arm. "And I do hope you feel as much at home here as we do. For you are indeed a Bridgerton now." She smiled warmly at the other woman.

"I do, Daphne, I certainly do." Kate responded with a happy sigh. "I still sometimes feel like this is a fairytale, or a wonderful dream I am soon going to wake up from and find myself alone in a cold bed somewhere..."

"Do I need to pinch you then?" Daphne laughed wholeheartedly. "I assure you, this is your reality now. Our reality." She smiled as the nurse wheeled Augie towards them in a beautiful white lace-covered stroller. Daphne let go of Kate's arm and started to push the stroller ahead of her instead. Kate smiled at the adorable little baby boy still asleep amongst fresh linen. "And I do not suppose your bed will be cold anytime soon either, considering it is my oldest brother you married..." Daphne added with a smirk.

"Yes, indeed..." Kate laughed a bit awkwardly. "That is also what I wished to talk to you about. How did you... Did you feel... Sick, in the mornings, when you first began to expect Augie...? Or now, with your second child on its way...?" She asked a bit cautiously. Daphne halted so suddenly that the stroller jerked and Augie whimpered in his sleep.

"Oh, Kate...!" She gasped and took Kate's hands in her own. "Yes, yes I did! I understand it is quite common in the early stages of one's pregnancy! Congratulations, how wonderful –"

"I have not told Anthony yet!" Kate interrupted her. "Because... Maybe I just had too much to drink last night, or maybe I ate something bad..."

"No, you did not have too much to drink last night. I did not see you drink anything, apart from water. I am quite sure this is the real thing. You must have felt some other changes as well? And how about... Your courses?" Daphne inquired and was now squeezing Kate's hands even tighter.

"I have not had them in two... Or maybe three months. I lost track of time on the trip." Kate pondered. "But please, do not say a word to Anthony...! I want to be the one to tell him, but I want to be certain of it first. I will call for a doctor first thing tomorrow. Tonight my sister and her husband will arrive before the rest of the ton, and there is still so much to do."

"Of course I will not, it shall be your wonderful privilege to share this news with your husband." Daphne smiled and gave Kate a hug. "Oh, I am so happy for you both...! But that reminds me... As you are in fact the lady of the house, I do hope you do not mind me inviting an old friend to join us this evening as well? Her name is Lady Marina Crane, her husband is away in London and she lives close by, but she sits there all alone with her two children at the moment. And it would be lovely for Augie to have someone to play with, at least this summer, before his sibling and cousin arrive..." Daphne added in a carefree tone, smiling even wider and laying her hand on her own belly.

"Yes, of course! I want you to still feel like this is your home as well. Your friends are my friends, and they are always welcome." Kate replied, feeling emotional by Daphne's joy.

"How wonderful!" Daphne laughed. "Now, come along dear sister." She grabbed a hold of the strollers again and continued their morning walk through the gardens. "There are a few things you need to know about Lady Crane and her history with this family..."

***

The prince and the princess were welcomed later on that day with all the expected extravagance. Large arrangements of purple, white and yellow flowers lined the walk up to the house, a long red carpet was laid out and all of the Aubrey Hall staff and every single one of the Bridgerton family were lined up to greet the most honourable guests.

"You would think it is the Queen of England herself coming, and not my baby sister with her husband..." Kate sighed as she stood next to Anthony, waiting for the royal carriage to finally arrive. She was dressed up in her finest gown and jewellery, with a corset way too tight to let her feel any comfort. Her nausea from the morning had not yet totally vanished either.

"Come now, dear wife..." Anthony spoke softly with a smirk. "She might be your baby sister, but as society goes, she is royalty now and must be welcomed in such a manner. Ah, here they are..." He murmured as the golden carriage drawn by four sparkling white Spanish horses rolled in and halted in front of them.

"Mother!" Kate could not control her exhilaration and ran to hug her stepmother as soon as she appeared from the carriage.

"Oh, dear daughter...!" Lady Mary laughed and hugged Kate tightly. "I missed you so much."

"And I missed you too..." Kate cried out, her voice muffled in Mary's hair.

"What about me? Did you miss me at all, didi?" Edwina, who now had stepped out of the carriage, laughed and opened her arms when Kate rushed to her next.

"Of course I missed you, bon!" Kate exclaimed and squeezed her sister fondly. "Look at you, you are so beautiful and glowing! A true princess!" She burst out, with tears gathering in the corners of her eyes. "I am so sad I missed your wedding, I heard it was marvellous."

"Yes, well... You were abroad, and this time I actually managed to get through my wedding when you were not present." Edwina teased, aiming her pun both at her sister and Anthony, who had walked up to meet them as well. Kate blushed and Anthony stared at his toes for a moment. "Oh, come now you two! It is all water under the bridge. Look how well everything turned out for all of us! But now, please let me introduce you to my beloved Prince Friedrich." Edwina smiled and took the arm of her husband, who was the last one to appear.

"Your Highness." Anthony took a deep bow. "You are most welcome to Aubrey Hall."

"Lord Bridgerton. Lady Bridgerton. What a lovely estate you have here! Princess Edwina and I are sincerely happy to finally spend some time with you, now that we are of the same family." Prince Friedrich smiled politely. "We have looked forward to participating in your famous ball of feathers and hearts." He added in his German accent.

"And my wife and I are delighted to hear that. Come, you must have had a long and tedious journey. We have prepared our finest guest chambers for you." Anthony smiled, signalling towards the house. The prince and Anthony walked side by side along the red carpet up to the congregation waiting by the stairs, while Kate grabbed both her stepmother and half-sister by their arms.

"I have so much to tell you both..." She almost shrieked with excitement.

***

Later that evening an abundant dinner was served in the great dining hall. All of the guests had gathered; the Bridgertons, the Duke and Duchess of Hastings, Lady Danbury, the latest royal arrivals and of course Daphne's surprise guest, Lady Marina Crane.

"... And then we went on this splendid hunt one day! Can you believe it, Your Highness, riding elephants instead of horses and shooting tigers instead of deer or foxes! I actually even managed to shoot a tiger myself. I must show you its pelt, it is right up here in our library..." Anthony rattled on a bit too excitedly.

"Oh dear lord, this is even worse than when Colin arrived home from Greece..." Eloise groaned. Benedict laughed, but Colin looked slightly offended and took a big gulp out of his wine glass that was almost empty. He had already gone through three of them since he had sat down at the same table with Marina.

"Actually it was I who killed the tiger, my dear... You simply wounded it." Kate teased.

"Well, it was a successful team effort then." Anthony smirked at her.

"How wondrous indeed!" Prince Friedrich laughed keenly. "Now I almost regret that we did not follow in your footsteps to India. My wife had to settle with a honeymoon in Prussia."

"Do not speak of settling, my dear, I had a most spectacular and delightful honeymoon as well!" Edwina smiled. "Prussia is such a beautiful country and the people are so welcoming."

"Did you meet the royal family in Bombay?" Lady Mary asked Kate and Anthony.

"Yes, and what noble, kind and welcoming people they are as well. Everyone spoke so warmly of your late husband." Anthony replied. "Your father." He added, with a smile towards Kate and Edwina. "And the palace, I have never seen such a vast glimmer of gold and vibrant colours! Strange instruments and food so spicy that your eyes tear up!"

"Do the maharajas truly have several concubines?" Benedict wondered mischievously.

"Benedict! That is hardly a suitable topic for a distinguished dinner such as this." His mother scolded him. "I am so sorry, Your Highness, my sons tend to have a vulgar sense of humour sometimes... But what about you, Lady Crane, have you made any interesting travels recently?" Violet asked with a polite smile, desperate to change the subject.

"Unfortunately I have not, Lady Bridgerton. With two young children there is no time for such luxuries." Marina replied with slight discontent. Kate had noticed a weird look between Marina and Colin earlier, and after what Daphne had told her about their past, she did not wonder what had caused that look.

"But you must agree that a life with children is the most joyful of adventures indeed!" Violet smiled warmly. "We just heard wonderful news from the duke and duchess, they are expecting a little sister or brother for dear Augie!" She proclaimed and the ones around the table who had not yet heard the news fell into heartfelt congratulations. Kate nibbled at a piece of venison and felt the nausea of the morning slowly creeping into her body again.

"Pray tell, Lady Crane, why did your husband not join us on this joyous occasion?" Colin suddenly asked when the congratulations had died out.

"I am afraid he is away on business in London, Mr. Bridgerton." Marina answered stiffly. "It was so kind of the duchess and all of you to invite me here. It is lovely to enjoy the company of other adults every now and then..." She added, trying to sound a bit more polite and forcing a smile on her face. Daphne replied to her smile courteously.

"Is it not rather thoughtless of a husband to leave his wife alone with two young children for such a long time? Would you not agree, Anthony? I believe you would not want to let Lady Kate out of your sight, let alone remain in different cities for long periods of time." Colin said brusquely, his speech already slurring from all the wine he had consumed.

"Brother, perhaps you are feeling a bit unwell and need to rest upstairs." Anthony stated demandingly, when he realised what was happening at his royal dinner. "You clearly tired yourself in the pall-mall field yesterday. I bid you good-night."

"Yes, I am tired. I am tired of all this newlywed bliss and baby news at this table, when it is clear that not all of us are as happy. Look at poor Lady Crane, she is clearly miserable in her marriage!" Colin lashed out. Kate tried to swallow her venison, but felt like it would rush back up at any moment. The nausea started to squeeze her stomach like an iron fist.

"Colin! You will leave this table at once and apologise to Lady Crane for that untruthful insult!" Anthony snapped like a whip and stood up at his end of the table, staring at Colin with his most threatening viscount look.

"Anthony, I really need to..." Kate gasped and tried to stand up as well when she felt that she could get really sick at any moment.

"Not now, Kate..." Anthony hushed and turned his gaze back at Colin. "Leave, brother."

"Come, let us go upstairs..." Benedict tried to salvage the situation and grabbed Colin's arm firmly. Colin stood up, but winced himself free from Benedict's grip.

"I would have made you happy Marina, if you just would have let me! Those should have been my children!" He cried out, waving his finger at Marina who had turned all pale.

"But they are not your children, Colin, because you are a child yourself!" Marina suddenly cried out, when the shock in her face had turned to rage instead. "And neither are they my husband's, they are the children of the only man I ever truly loved! Sir George Crane!" She screamed, now standing up, leaving the entire table in a silence so deep that you could cut it with a knife. A silence, that was then abruptly cut by Kate trying to escape with a screech of a chair, but being too late, and vomiting on the side of the table.

"Oh, good heavens!" Lady Danbury gasped.

***

Anthony paced impatiently outside of their bedroom as the doctor was examining his wife for what seemed like an eternity. He had thrown away his tailcoat and rolled up the sleeves of his undershirt, wiping sweat from his forehead with his arm. Daphne walked slowly towards him along the dimmed hallway.

"Brother..." She said softly. "How is she doing?"

"I do not know, the doctor is still inside with her." Anthony snapped back aggravatedly, continuing his restless pacing back and forth.

"I am sure she is quite alright, do not worry yourself. Perhaps it was all the... Excitement, at dinner, that got to her." Daphne pondered and leaned her elbows at the railing, looking down at the now empty hall, when all the guests had scattered away from the ruined evening back to their own bedchambers.

"I heard it was your idea to invite Lady Crane." Anthony suddenly spat out and halted.

"Anthony... I did not know that Colin still harboured such strong feelings towards her. I simply took pity on the woman being all alone in that house. And I did hope that her children might want to play with Augie, so he would get to have some friends..." Daphne said with sadness in her voice. "Believe me, ruining your royal dinner was the last thing I wanted to happen." She said and took Anthony's hand in hers. "I am so sorry."

"I know..." Anthony sighed deeply and put his other hand on top of hers. "The fault is not yours, sister, it is entirely Colin's. I shall give him a proper scolding in the morning..." He muttered furiously.

"Please do not..." Daphne pleaded. "His emotions took control of him. I am sure he did not want to destroy your dinner either, or make a fool out of himself in front of the prince. You and I of all people should know how utterly devastating and earth-shaking it is to be a Bridgerton in love..." She smiled softly and Anthony smiled back at her.

"You are right, sister..." He admitted. "And you are wise. Wiser than I give you credit for. I have had a hard time keeping up with what a wonderful duchess, mother and grown woman you have become, sweet little sister." He sighed deeply and closed Daphne into a warm embrace. Daphne hugged him back for a while, but soon burst out in laughter and pushed herself away from him. She looked at him with utter amusement and joy in her eyes.

"What on earth does Lady Kate do to you, brother? You are completely unrecognisable from the angry overprotective man you were just a year ago." She chuckled.

"Oh, you do not want to know what Lady Kate does to me..." Anthony guffawed. "It would not be suitable for your ladyship's ears." He smirked, just as the doctor opened the bedroom door. "How is she? Is everything alright?" He worried, making his way towards the door. "I pray it is not some sort of strange influenza she might have caught abroad...?"

"Everything is quite alright, my lord." The doctor smiled. "This type of condition the viscountess has caught in your marriage bed." He added. Anthony looked confused, but a big smile spread across Daphne's face. "The viscountess is with child, my lord." The doctor explained patiently. "Congratulations are in order."

"With... With child...?" Anthony stuttered, trying to wrap his head around what was happening and that his wife was in fact not dying from a tropical disease. "Oh... Oh!" He exclaimed when the information finally sank in and he rushed past the doctor into the room and up to the large mahogany bed where Kate was lying. Daphne cast a warm smile towards Kate and closed the door, escorting the doctor out and leaving Kate and Athony with each other. "Kate..." Anthony exhaled as he sat down on the bed next to her. "Dearest..." He kissed her forehead gently. She wiped away the tears that had been building up in her eyes all day. "Are you not happy...?" Anthony wondered when he noticed her tears.

"Yes, yes my darling, I am happier than ever..." Kate sniffed and grabbed Anthony's head softly between her hands. "It is just... I have been suspecting this for a while, but I did not want to tell you before I was certain. And now I finally am." She said and kissed him gently. "I am carrying your son or daughter..." She kissed him again, her face beaming.

"Oh Kate, dear Kate..." He mumbled into her hair. "I was so afraid that you had caught some fatal illness during our travels... I was afraid that I would lose you, but instead soon there will be two of you who I cherish the most in all of this wide world..."

"I am so sorry I sabotaged our royal dinner." Kate sighed and let go of him.

"Darling, it was sabotaged long before your little display..." Anthony laughed and wrapped his arms around her. "Do not worry, luckily we were amongst family and not the entire ton..." He added and kissed her hair. The familiar smell of lilies filled his senses, calming his previously ragged nerves. Kate gave out a sound that was the mix of a sob and a laugh. "I am so happy, Kate." Anthony smiled and let his hand fall down on her belly. "I am so happy for the three of us, for our own little family we are about to start..."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

70.3K 1.3K 21
"There are two sides to every coin, the head and the tail. You, sir, are certainly the latter." Madelyn Basset, the Duke of Hastings's little sister...
192K 4.8K 23
Kathryn Bishop had a great life. She grew up with loving and supportive parents and a younger sister who she got along with. Mr and Mrs. Bishop were...
3K 65 20
Miss Amelia Fife is young, beautiful - and utterly penniless. Since her father's tragic passing her uncle has paid for one season in London, and one...
6.7K 153 14
Duty, Honor, and Loyalty are the words that Anthony Bridgerton deemed to be his virtues. Yet if you were to ask Angel she would list out all his faul...