Shades

By authorsommy

"He has no fucking right to fucking touch you!" "You can't tell me who I can and cannot hang out with" He fin... More

Blue
is not
just a feeling
Everything
is deserving
of a
second chance.
Life
is tough
but
so are you.
The strongest
hearts
have
the most
scars.
There is
always
more
to people
than
they
let on.
Hear
the hell
in

of sadness.

18 7 2
By authorsommy

Kate looked down at the floors. Why did she come out from her hiding spot again?

"Apologize to him right this instant" Noelle ordered.

Kate scoffed. If Noelle knew what this Damien guy had said to her, she wouldn't be telling her to apologize. In fact, she would even do worse than punch him in the face.

"You're going to apologize, doll?"

Gosh, he was teasing her again.

"Are you going to send your boys after me if I don't?"

"You're funny" he finished with his glass, dropped some bills on the table and left.

He acted so smoothly and that irked Kate.

"Gosh, he is so full of himself." She grumbled as she continued glaring at his tall figure leaving the bar.

"I can't believe you punched Damien in the face"

"How do you know him?"

"Who doesn't?"

Kate looked at Noelle drily.

"It's Damien freaking Carter! Who doesn't know him?!"

Kate blinked twice.

"Oh my gosh, Kat" Noelle slapped her forehead. "He's only the hottest guy in college. Smart, plays basketball and has like... the cutest smile ever...?"

"Hmm," Kate nodded.

"Hmm?!" Noelle yelled in disbelief. "I tell you how you punched the hottest guy in college and you're telling me 'hmm'!?"

"He's not that hot"

"Oh he's very hot" Noelle argued.

Kate shrugged. He really wasn't that hot to her.

"Girl, how can you not know him?"

"Uh, guys don't chase after me night and day. How could I know him?"

"Now that's just sad, Kat. You know that's not true"

"Whatever" she mumbled and handed the bills on the table to Noelle.

"You can keep it since you need it so much."

She nodded and avoided Noelle's gaze. How was she so lucky at times?

"And besides" Noelle continued. "This is the first time I'm seeing Carter face-to-face. God, he has such gorgeous eyes"

"True. But I like yours better"

Noelle had sparkling baby blue eyes, almost as clear as the ocean.

"Of course you do. I'm your bestest bitch"

"Stop calling yourself that" Kate laughed.

They worked for a few hours before Noelle decided it was time to go home. Kate couldn't argue, she was afraid Damien's guys would come after her once it was dark.

***

Opening the door to their apartment, both were shocked to meet Parker sprawled on their couch with a bag of chips on his stomach.

"How did you get here? And what are you doing here?" Noelle asked as she threw her purse to God-knows-where and walked to the kitchen.

"Kate left the keys with me!" Parker called out and lifted the keys from his pocket. He sat up and glared at Kate.

"What?"

"You took my baby"

"You left her with me" She threw his car keys at him and sat on another couch.

"I remember these keys being in my pocket, Katherine" he sassed.

"Did you get laid?"

"I did"

"So stop pestering me"

Noelle walked in with a tray of two glasses of orange juice.

"I can't believe you left Kat so you could satisfy your stupid desires." She shot Parker a disgusting look.

"She deceived me. Never call me to babysit ever again"

"Where's my money, then?" Noelle asked.

"You paid him?" Kate looked unbelievably at Noelle as she picked a glass.

"No, she didn't" Parker defended.

"We made a bet" Noelle smiled and stretched out her palm as Parker dropped a bill in it. "Nice doing business with you, Par"

"I can't say the same about you"

"Hey, did I tell you who it was Kate hit last night?" Noelle asked Parker. When he shook his head, she continued excitedly, "It was Damien"

"Who?"

"See, not everyone knows him, Elle," Kate said with an eye roll.

Noelle ignored her and continued excitedly with Parker, "Fucking Carter. The basketball guy"

"Damn!" Parker laughed. "Why do you have to do that Kate?"

"And get this", Noelle continued. "She doesn't even know who he is"

Parker gasped, "Katherine Sophia Nervoh!"

"That is so not my middle name. And what's the big deal about this guy anyway?"

"Uh, the big deal is that you've been in that college for two years and don't know who Damien Carter is," Parker said matter-of-factly. "I mean if girls weren't so hot, I'd totally be gay for him"

"Right?" Noelle concurred.

Kate looked at her two friends. Why were they so crazy at times?

"Well, I don't know who he is. Big deal"

"Yes, big deal!" Noelle seconded. "Didn't you date Justin? And he's part of the team. I'm sure you followed him to his training sessions and games. How did you not meet Damien?"

"Can we not talk about Justin?" Kate swallowed.

"Yeah, Elle" Parker spoke through gritted teeth.

"Ah, shit, I'm so sorry Kat" Noelle apologized.

"It's okay"

She felt a lump in her throat as she stood up and headed to her room. She was glad neither of them tried to stop her but still felt their eyes following her until she disappeared into the room.

Kate sniffed as she pulled her clothes for a shower. Why did his name have to bring back so much hurt? She stood in front of the mirror as she looked at her slim figure in her undergarments.

Her not-full-practically-small breasts, her non-existent hips and her small curve of an ass. She tied her curly brown hair in a bun and cleaned her eyes.

That name. Justin. Justin Aveoli.

She and Justin had been together since senior year in high school. They were the It-Couple, always turning heads and making people jealous wherever they went. They had so many dreams, including going to the same college. And it had worked. She had thought she found love with Justin, everything was finally going Kate's-way, until college.

They had broken up six months ago and she didn't feel like she loved him anymore. So why did she always feel this way when she heard his name? Sometimes, scared. Other times, hurt.

But they say it was hard to forget your first love, especially if that first love had broken up with you in such a horrible way.

A knock came on the door and Kate didn't move an inch to put on her towel, knowing it was only Noelle that could come to her at a time like this.

"Kat" her best friend's soft voice rang softly as she closed the door and walked to her.

"Elle" Kate choked out as she looked at her in the mirror with teary eyes.

"Oh, Kat" Noelle hugged her and smoothed her hair to calm her. "You don't have to feel like that, Kat"

"But it's true"

"It is not true," Noelle said defensively, still holding her.

"Elle, I–"

Noelle released her and held her face. "Listen to me, you are drop-dead gorgeous, Kate. And I'm not just saying that to make you feel better. I mean, do you look at yourself in the mirror? You have the physique any girl would die for. Do you even see these legs?" Kate looked in the mirror again with a scoff. "And let's not even talk about your physical look, you're the most spirited, down-to-earth person I have known. You are ravishing, inside and out. Don't let anyone tell you less."

"Elle..."

She trailed off, not knowing what to say. It was things like this Noelle said often. It would make her feel better for a while but she knew those ugly feelings would come back. They surely would. But right now she was going to throw that aside. She was going to forget all of that. For Noelle.

"God, I love you" she sniffed and hugged her.

"Yeah, I'm your bestest bitch. Why wouldn't you love me?"

Another knock came from the door and Parker spoke, "You guys have been there for a while, are you having a threesome without me?"

"Ew! Shut up Parker!" Noelle yelled.

Kate laughed. What would she do without these two in her life? Yup, nothing, absolutely nothing.

--------------------------------------------------
So we had a little exposure to Kate's life...
Sorrows, sorrows, prayers 😪
Well this is just the beginning 😉❤️
What do you all think about Damien😩cause I already LOVE him😂❤️❤️

Next update will be in a day or two, stay Shady guys✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 38K 71
"Can you honestly believe your sister is marrying Damien- fucking- Gray??" "Yeah." "Aren't you excited? He's rich. He's hot. And now you get to see h...
7.1K 202 18
"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked, confused. Did I have something on my face or what? Weirdo. "You..." He trailed off, without finishing...
6.6M 185K 44
Published by Blvnp Incorporated This book is a sample and only has the first five chapters available. You have been warned. *** #2 in Falling For A...
6.7K 1.3K 72
"I..." "Stop it!" he shouts, stopping me in mid sentence "I hate you." "B-But why? Why do you hate me?" "Oh! You know the reason." "If I would've...