thelxiepeia | s.stilinski

By elsiecherry

lottie bailey never expected to fall in love with her best friend, then again, she never thought her other be... More

before you read
contents
graphics
part one
cast
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
part two
cast list
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
interlude
part three
cast list
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six

chapter eight

1.2K 53 137
By elsiecherry

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 1.08 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'you two 'hairy, lairy biker' rejects have just woken me up from a well-earned nap and now you're stealing our alcohol?'

✧༺♥༻✧

"Can you at least tell me what we're doing out here?" Scott asked Stiles as they, along with Lottie, made their way through the woods in the dark.

"Yeah, if I'd have known the woods were going to be involved, I wouldn't have worn these shoes." Lottie sighed, looking down at her once pristine white trainers.

"When your best friend gets dumped-"

"I didn't get dumped. We're taking a break." Scott interrupted.

"When your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break," Stiles started before taking out a bottle of Jack Daniels from his jacket, "You get your best friend drunk."

"I hope you brought me something else. I'll volunteer myself to the Alpha before I put that battery acid down my gullet." Lottie said, smiling as Stiles pulled out another bottle of Peach Schnapps just for her. "I don't know how you fit that in there but I'm glad you did."

"That's what she said." The boys responded in unison, smirking at the girl.

"You've been watching too much of 'The Office' , you're on a ban from now on. Now can we sit? My legs hurt." Lottie asked, plopping herself on the ground by a rock.

"Perfect location. Now, bottoms up." Stiles said as he handed the bottle to Scott who clinked his bottle against Lottie's and took a swig.

✧༺♥༻✧

A couple of hours and half a bottle of Jack Daniels and a full bottle of Peach Schnapps later, Stiles and Lottie were very drunk.

"Dude, she's one girl. There are plenty more girls in the sea." Stiles mused as Lottie wobbled to her feet, sitting next to Scott on the rock, laying her legs over his lap as she snuggled into his side.

"Fish in the sea." Scott corrected, putting an arm around a sleepy Lottie.

"What? Why you talking about fish? I'm talking about girls. Especially ones with brown hair, blue eyes, five foot one, funny as hell..." Stiles listed off attributes of a person whose name he couldn't quite picture.

"You mean like-" Scott cut himself, glancing between his two friends with a grin on his face. They'd be perfect for each other but it would most likely be an impossible task getting them to see that, he'd have to let it pan out between the two of them organically. "What happened to Lydia?"

"Who? Oh Lydia... She was beautiful... She... What was I talking about?" Stiles asked, looking up at Scott and a sleeping Lottie with a cheesy grin on his face before he noticed how glum his friend looked. "You don't look happy. Drink."

"I don't want anymore."

"You're not drunk?"

Scott stared into the fire they'd made earlier in an old metal trash can, pensively, "I don't feel anything."

"Maybe it's like not needing your inhaler anymore. Maybe you can't get drunk." Stiles mused, thinking out loud. "Am I drunk?"

"You're wasted." Scott replied with a light laugh, adjusting Lottie who grumbled incoherently in her sleep.

"Yeahhhhhh." Stiles agreed, putting his fist up for a fist bump but was ignored. "Dude, I know it feels bad. But you gotta' remember. As much as being broken up hurts... being alone is even worse. Wait a minute. That didn't come out right. I need another drink." Stiles sighed, reaching for the bottle, only to take a step back in surprise as another hand grabbed it first. Standing to his feet drunkenly, Stiles made his way over to his friends.

"Well, look at the little bitches getting their drink on." One of the two older intruders laughs at the three of them, waking Lottie up from her nap. Something only Stiles and Scott knew was an awful thing to do.

"Who the fuck just called us little bitches?" She grumbled, untangling herself from Scott, rubbing the sleep of eyes as her sight set on the two figures in front of them.

"Give it back." Scott demanded.

"What's that, little man?" The shorter of the two asked mockingly.

"I think he wants a drink." His friend responded.

"Sorry to interrupt. You two 'Hairy, Lairy Biker' rejects have just woken me up from a well-earned nap and now you're stealing our alcohol? Nope, not happening." Lottie fumed, cracking her knuckles, groaning as Stiles stopped her from taking a step forward by wrapping his arms tightly around her middle.

"I want the bottle." Scott repeated, not an ounce of fear radiating off of him as Lottie stood in between her two friends.

"Scott, let's just go." Stiles suggested.

"You brought me here to get me drunk, Stiles." Scott replied, unnervingly calm. "I'm not drunk yet."

The taller of the guys daringly takes a challenging swig from the bottle, looking pleased for himself. That is until Scott stands from where he'd been sitting on the rock next to Lottie, not a glimpse of the usual cheery smile he adorns.

"Give me the bottle." Scott repeated, taking a deliberate step forward, eyes not leaving the two intruders who began to glance at each other nervously. There was something so eerie about how calm Scott was.

"Give me. The bottle. Of Jack." Scott demanded one final time as his eyes glowed yellow. Lottie tugged on Stiles' arm pointing at the claws that were extending from Scott's right hand, reaching for the taller of the guys.

"Scott." Stiles called out. Scott paused before swiping the bottle away from the guys, launching into a nearby tree, unflinching as it smashed into pieces. The guys left pretty quickly after that.

"Please tell me that was because of the breakup. Or better yet, because tomorrow's the full moon." Stiles asked as they made their way back to the Jeep, Lottie on his back half asleep. "Going home now. Yeah?" Stiles questioned as Scott helped lie Lottie along the backseat and Stiles into the passenger seat. But Scott doesn't answer, instead keeping his hand on the door and an ear in the direction of the woods, as if he's listening to something in the far distance.

"Guys? I love you both, but I need my bed. Actually I don't care whose bed it is at this point. I just need the world to stop spinning. Can we please move?" Lottie mumbled in the back, making Scott shake his head and take the girl to his house after dropping Stiles off, wanting to make sure she didn't choke on her vomit in the night.

✧༺♥༻✧

"You alive in there?" Melissa McCall called out to Scotts room, making Lottie clutch her hands over her ears.

"No." She called out with Scott.

"Lottie?"

"Present. I'm dead though."

"Not ready to go back to school?" She asked, ignoring Lottie's comment, going back to questioning Scott.

"No."

"Want to stay home another day?"

"No." Scott answered.

"Yes." Lottie said at the same time.

"This isn't just about what happened at the school, is it? It's Allison, right? You want to talk about it?" Melissa asked following Scott who'd got up and made his way to the bathroom.

"Not with you." He sassed back.

"Hey, I've been through a few breakups myself. Disastrous ones actually."

"I don't care about your breakups. And I'm getting her back." Scott replied harshly, slamming the door in her face.

"I feel like I shouldn't excuse your son's behaviour, since he's your son. But still, sorry about him. He's under a lot of pressure at the minute. Don't excuse his tone." Lottie dug at the boy, knowing he could hear her. "But yeah, don't take that personally."

"I just- I leave him alone too much you know?" Melissa said, standing in the doorway.

"Trust me, that boy is never and will never be alone. Me and Stiles are like his shadow. We'll never let him be alone." Lottie smiled as Melissa came over and hugged the girl.

"Thank you Lottie." Melissa sighed, inhaling deeply. "Want to tell me why you smell like my early twenties?"

"Not particularly. I'd love some Advil though if you have any going spare." Lottie smirked cheekily as Melissa rolled her eyes, nodding.

"I'll leave them on the side."

"Thank you!" Lottie called after her. "Scott McCall, what have I told you about using that sort of tone on your mother!" She whispered to the boy, who had just thought he was off the hook.

"I- I-"

"I- I- I- I don't care." She mocked his stuttering before sighing. "She's doing her best. Just like you are. We are all doing our best. And we will continue to do so. Now please move so I can vomit in your toilet."

✧༺♥༻✧

"Don't you have a test to get to?" Stilinski asked Stiles and Lottie as he made his way over to the two in the school hallway after spotting them waving crazily at him.

"I already took it." Lottie answered with a shrug, Stilinski turned to Stiles.

"What's going on? Did you find Derek yet?" Stiles asked, ignoring the question.

"We're working on it. Go take your test. Go."

"Dad, listen... " Stiles struggled to find his words, taking a breath as Lottie held his hand and rubbed circles onto the back of it. "This is important. You need to be careful tonight. Especially tonight."

Stilinski glanced down at his son's intertwined hand with a hidden smile, "I'm always careful."

"Dad, you've never dealt with this kind of thing before. At least not like this." Stiles persisted.

"I know. Which is why I brought in people who have. State Detectives." Stilinski reassured, pointing to a group of men further down the corridor. "Now go." Stiles ran ahead, smiling back at his father. "Little Lotts, why are you still here?"

"I told you, I already took the test. I don't wanna sit in there. Can I hang out with you?" She asked sweetly.

"No."

"Can I hang out with you... please?" She asked, fluttering her eyelashes.

"Stop quoting 'Shrek' and catch up with my boy. Don't cheat but maybe hint at an answer or two? God knows that boy needs it." Stilinski mumbled.

"Okay boss. Catch you later." Lottie laughed, running after her friend as Noah watched on, smiling.

Lottie made it to the classroom too late and the test had already begun, turning with the aim of heading to the library, she made it five steps away before Scott came barreling out of the class in a panic.

"Scott? What- what's happening?" She asked as Stiles came bounding out afterwards. "What is going on?"

"I have no idea." Stiles answered as the two ran after their friend, all the way to the locker room.

"Scotty? You in here?" Lottie called out kindly.

"Lottie? I cant..." Scott tried to talk but his breath came out in pants.

"Can't what? Control it? Are you changing?" Stiles asked. Scott gasped in reply, choking for air.

"He can't breathe." Lottie mumbled in realisation. "Stiles he can't breathe!"

"Let me get his inhaler out!" Stiles replied as he rummaged through Scott's backpack that he'd picked up. Catching the inhaler as Stiles threw it to her, Lottie held it against Scott's lips.

"Come on, deep breaths for me." She soothed as he followed her instructions.

"I... I was having an asthma attack?" Scott asked as he slumped down to the floor, breathing relatively normally again.

"No, you were having a panic attack. But thinking you were having an asthma attack stopped the panic attack." Stiles explained.

"How did you know that?"

"​​I used to get them after my mom died. Not fun, huh?" Stiles told him as Lottie's face crumpled, wishing she'd have known.

"I looked at her and it was like someone hit me in the ribs with a hammer." Scott told his friends who had joined him on the floor.

"Yeah, it's called heartbreak. There's like two billion songs written about it." Stiles retorted.

"My personal favourites include but are not limited to: 'The Last Time' by Taylor Swift & Gary Lightbody, 'Death by a Thousand Cuts' by Taylor Swift, 'Right Where You Left Me' by-"

"Taylor Swift. We get it, you're a whore for the woman. Now is not the time." Stiles scolded.

"Fine. But when you go through a heart-breaking, soul-destroying break-up don't look to me for music to help you through it." Lottie sassed back.

"Guys?" Scott interrupted.

"Sorry Scotty. Carry on."

"I can't stop thinking about her."

"Well, think about this: her dad's a werewolf hunter. You're a werewolf. It was bound to become an issue." Stiles suggested, only to realise how unhelpful that statement was. "Okay, that wasn't helpful. But yes, you got dumped. And it's supposed to suck."

"It was more than that. It was like I could feel everything in there. Everyone else's emotions."

"It's got to be the full moon. So we lock you in your room later like we planned. That way the Alpha, who is your boss, can't get to you either." Stiles confirmed the plan that he'd come up with.

"He's not the Alpha. And I think we need to do more than lock me in my room." Scott started, looking glumly at the two of them.

"Why's that?"

"Because if I get out... I think I might kill someone."

"Fuck."

✧༺♥༻✧

"Don't be naked!" Lottie shouted as she blindly made her way back into the locker room later that day, planning on dropping Stiles his hoodie that she'd borrowed in Bio earlier that day.

"Lottie? What are you doing here? I don't care, you can stay." Coach Finstock told the girl as she peeked through her eyes and saw the room of boys were decent. Waving to everyone, she made her way over to Stiles. "Due to the recent pink eye outbreak- -thank you Greenberg--the following players have made First Line on a probationary basis. Emphasis on probationary." Lottie clutched Stiles hand in anticipation as he stepped forward slightly.

"Rodriguez, Taylor and..." Coach started, Stiles standing on the bench eagerly, "Oh, for the love of crap. I can't read my own writing. What is that? An S?" Jumping slightly, Stiles nodded his head enthusiastically. "No. No, I think it's a B. Yeah, that's definitely a B." Coach determined as Stiles slumped back down as Lottie rubbed his back comfortingly.

"So that's Rodriguez, Taylor and Bilinski."

Gasping in joy, Lottie jumps into Stiles' arms as he hollers, laughing loudly.

"Bilinski, shut up."

"Yes, sir!" Stiles replied.

"Go Bilinski!" Lottie shouted as Coach sighed walking off.

"I'm first line. I'm actually first line, I can't believe it!"

"You did it Bilinski! I'm so proud of you! I need to make Greenburg a thank-you card for giving those guys pink eye!" Lottie cheered, stretching up and kissing Stiles on the cheek, leaving the boy a mumbling mess as he raised his fingers to the spot that felt hot from where her lips had once been as Scott walked over.

"Stiles-" Scott started.

"It's Biles. Call me Biles or I swear to God I'll kill you." Stiles whispered under his breath, still watching Lottie with a dazed look on his face whilst she was laughing unaware of his gaze.

"One more thing. From here on out we're switching to Co-Captains. Congrats, McCall." Coach informed the group.

"What?' Jackson fumed across the room.

"Jackson, this takes nothing away from you. It's about combining separate strengths into one unit. Your unit and McCall's unit. Making one big unit." Coach explained. "McCall, it's you and Jackson now." Teammates went up to Scott and slapped him on the back in congratulations.

"Wow, one best friend joins first line and another becomes co-captain. I'm so proud." Lottie wipes away a fake tear, as she beams at the boys who smile back at her.

"All right, asses on the field!" Coach shouted, blowing his whistle. "Lottie! You too! You can tell me which one of these wussies runs suicide laps." Lottie grinned mischievously, poking her tongue out at Jackson who rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Can you believe this? You're a Captain. I'm First Line. I'm First freaking Line!" Stiles jumped excitedly, using Scott's shoulders to propel himself into the air even higher as Lottie laughed. "Are you not freaking out? I'm freaking out."

"What's the point? It's just a stupid title. And I could practically smell the jealousy in there." Scott sighed, the effects of the moon getting to him. Stiles paused.

"You smelled jealousy?"

"It's like the full moon's turned everything up to ten."

"Can you pick up on stuff like desire?" Stiles hinted.

"What do you mean 'like desire'?" Scott queried.

"Sexual desire?"

"Oh Stiles- really?" Lottie asked, groaning.

"Sexual desire." Scott repeated.

"Yes. Sexual desire. Lust. Passion. Arousal." Stiles confirmed.

"You know what? I'm not staying for this. I'm going to grab my bottle and I'll be back and if I have to hear about either of you sniffing out arousal again you're both running suicide laps till you pass out." Lottie sighed, walking away. Sometimes being friends with two horny males was exhausting. 

As Lottie walked away and she was out of ear-shot, Scott questioned Stiles.

"We aren't talking about Lydia are we?"

"What- I what- I mean maybe- I don't- okay no I'm not talking about Lydia." Stiles fumbled.

"You wanna know if Lottie feels any of that for you right?"

Groaning defeated, Stiles looked up to the sky praying it would give him answers, "Fine, yes, from Lottie to me. I've felt these feelings, I can't put into words, but they are all I can think about. I have to know if I have a chance with her. I will not risk or ruin our friendship over nothing. She means too much to me."

"Why don't you just ask her?"

"I just told you. She means too much to me. And she's too kind. She'll politely reject me and tell me nothing will change but everything will have changed. Also because you asking saves me from utterly crushing humiliation. So go over, ask if she likes me, see if her heartbeat rises, pheromones come out. Anything. Please." Stiles pleaded. The feelings he'd been having had been plaguing him, he couldn't pinpoint when they started but he was well aware that they were here now and judging by how his heart pounded every time he so much as heard her name, those feelings weren't leaving anytime soon.

"Fine." Scott agreed begrudgingly.

"I love you, you're my best friend in the whole world."

Lottie was making her way back through the locker room when she bumped into Scott. Picking her bottle up off the floor she glanced up at him, she noticed there was something was off about  his demeanour but dismissed it due to the moon.

"Hey Scotty? You okay?"

"Does Allison still like me?" He blurted out.

"Um, Lydia would probably be better to ask. Allison doesn't really talk to me about you, conflict of interest and all that." Lottie replied.

"Oh." Scott looked down, looking like a kicked puppy. Lottie sighed sadly, lifting his face up to meet her gaze.

"It'll all work out in the end. I'm sure one day this will all just be a blip. If you two are meant to be, you'll be. Whether it's in five minutes, five months or five years okay?" Lottie smiled as he opened his eyes, only to frown slightly at the unfamiliar eyes staring back at her. "Scott?"

"What if I'm not meant to be with Allison? What if I'm meant to be with you?" He asked, taking a step towards her.

"Well- I- Scott you know that's not what this is." Lottie replied, stunned, pointing between the two.

"But it could be. Let me show you how it could be." Scott muttered, lunging at the girl, stealing her lips in a kiss.

Before he could take it any further than a peck, his jaw went swinging to the right as Lottie punched him. Wiping a stray tear from her eye, she glared up at Scott.

"I don't know what the fuck has gotten into you, if its the moon or what, but you best get it out of you! Scott is my best friend, but whoever this is," Lottie shouted, gesturing to the boy in front of her, "is not him. So fix up and fuck off until you've sorted yourself out." Lottie finished, walking away and back out to the bleachers, wiping away the extra tears that had started to fall. Not noticing Stiles watching her, his face falling when he saw her upset.

"Hey. What happened?" Stiles asked Scott as he came back out.

"What?" Scott asked, snapping out of his daze.

"What do you mean what? Did you ask her? Did she say anything? Did she say she liked me? Imply she liked me?" Stiles rambled.

"Yeah. Yeah, she likes you. In fact, she's totally into you." Scott lied as Stiles jumped in the air, punching his fist with a shout, not noticing the dark look settling on Scott's face as he made eye contact with Lottie - who promptly flicked the finger, no longer upset but furious.

Practice continued as Scott grew more and more aggressive against his own teammates until he flipped on Danny and sent the boy to the floor, shouting out in pain, causing Lottie to run over.

"What the hell's wrong with you? You just took Danny down." She heard Stiles say as he took Scott away from the crowd.

"Danny, sweetie, are you okay?" Lottie asked, taking his helmet off of him gently.

"Ah," He groaned, "Lottie my little angel. I'm all the better for seeing you." He charmed as he tried to ignore the pain.

"EMT's are coming." Coach informed them as Lottie took her sleeve to Danny's bloody nose.

"You not going to make an excuse for him?" Danny asked.

"What excuse is there that made what he just did okay?' She retaliated, not only talking about what he'd done to Danny but about what he'd done to her too.

"True, well thank you for coming to my rescue. I'll call you later." Danny thanked Lottie as he was carried off by the EMTs.

"Jackass." Lottie greeted as the boy walked up to her side.

"I would ask what your friend has been up to, but looking at you, I'm more interested in what you've been up to. Or should I ask who?" Jackson asked with a smirk.

"What?" Lottie asked.

"Your lipgloss is smeared." She quickly wiped her finger across the corner of her mouth with a gasp. Meeting the very heartbroken eyes of her best friend who swallowed and walked away. Something in her chest twisted sharply, taking her breath away. 

✧༺♥༻✧

"Stiles?" Lottie asked as she climbed into his Jeep. "Are you mad at me?"

Scoffing, he pulled the car out of the lot, "Nope. Why would I be mad?"

"I don't know but ever since you heard Jackson make that comment about my lipgloss, you've been quiet with me." Lottie fiddled with her fingers in her lap.

"Gee, I wonder why. You know I actually thought-" He cut himself off, panicking at the thought of telling her.

"You thought what?" She asked quietly.

"I- it doesn't matter, just don't be making out with each other in front of me okay?" Stiles replied.

"What? Stiles no. I'm not making out with Scott. I don't see him like that, not now, not ever." Lottie said adamantly.

"Then why was your lipstick on his face?" Stiles asked, grumpily.

"He came into the locker room when I was coming back from getting my bottle, asked me about Allison, then acted all weird and said maybe him and Allison weren't meant to be together, maybe he and I were and let him show me how it could be and lunged. It was barely a peck before I punched him. Look." Lottie explained quickly, lifting up her first to show her knuckles already bruising as Stiles slammed the brakes.

"I'm going to kill him." He muttered as he clutched her hand in his gently, blowing on them allowing the cool air from his lips to soothe the redness.

"It's got to be the moon. It doesn't excuse it but I'm not gonna hate him forever. Provided I get a killer apology and maybe a some of Melissa's homemade brownies." Lottie mused thoughtfully, trying to calm her best friend down as well as herself as she began to feel flustered, as his eyes met hers as he place a peck on her bruised knuckles.

"Lotts, you don't have to forgive this. I'm sure as hell not going to, not for a long time." Stiles argued, starting the car up again.

"I won't forgive the act but I'll forgive the person." Lottie smiled sadly. "At least it wasn't my first kiss eh?" She asked, nudging him.

"Nope. He's too late for that." Stiles smirked proudly, thinking back to when he and Lottie 'got married' when they were seven.

"November 26th. You know Bilinski, you've been slacking on the anniversary gifts." Lottie laughed.

"I'll make it up to you someday." Stiles told her as they pulled up to Scott's house as Melissa exited the house.

"Promise?" She asked, holding up her pinky.

"Promise."

"Hey, Stiles, Lottie. Scott's not home yet. You want me to unlock the door?" Melissa called out to the two.

"I had a key made." Stiles held the key up as Lottie burst out laughing at the look on Melissa's face.

"That doesn't surprise me. Worries me. Doesn't surprise me." Turning to look at Stiles with concern spread across his face as he dropped his bag on the floor with a clunk.

"School project." Lottie lied with a grin effortlessly.

"He's okay, right?" Melissa asked.

"Who? Scott? Yeah. Totally." Stiles answered.

"He doesn't talk to me that much anymore. Not like we used to."

"He's just had a rough week, Mumma M, you know the whole school thing and Allison. He's okay." Lottie reassured.

"Yeah. I get it. Okay, be careful tonight. Full moon, you know." Melissa replied, causing Stiles and Lottie to gape at each other, before Lottie slapped him on the arm, muttering to act natural.

"What?"

"There's a full moon tonight. You should see how the ER gets. All the nutjobs come out." Melissa explained.

"That's so cool." Lottie replied, pushing Stiles up the stairs to the front door.

"You know, it's how they came up with the word lunatic." She elaborated as she shut the door with a wave.

Looking at each other, Lottie and Stiles gulped a breath before letting themselves into the McCall household.

"You have everything sorted right?" Lottie asked as they made their way up the stairs.

"Yeah, all sorted and r- OH MY GOD!" Stiles jumped as he saw Scott sitting in his room in the dark. Flickering on the switch, Stiles steps into the room. "Dude. You scared the hell out of me. Your mom said you weren't home yet." Stiles told the boy who stared at the bag Stiles put down on his bed as Lottie hovered in the doorway.

"I came through the window." Scott replied in a trance-like daze.

"Okay. Well, let's get this set up. Check out what I bought..." Stiles said, unzipping the bag.

"I'm fine, Stiles. I'm just going to lock the door. Go to sleep early." Scott told them, ignoring Lottie's presence completely.

"You sure about that? Because you've got this serial killer look going on. And I'm hoping it's just the full moon taking effect because it's starting to freak me out." Stiles pressed, not convinced.

"I'm fine. You should go now."

"All right, I'll leave. If you take a look in the bag and let me show you what I bought and maybe you use it and maybe you don't. Sound good?" Stiles bartered. Unzipping the bag and taking out lengths and lengths of metal chains that even had Lottie's jaw drop, she wasn't sure where on Earth he'd gotten it from.

"You think I'm going to let you put these on? Chain me up? Like a dog?" Scott spat, his demeanour changing instantly.

"Actually, no." Stiles replied, lunging too quickly for the werewolf, handcuffing him to the radiator, stumbling back as Scott lunged for him.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Keeping you safe Scotty." Lottie mumbled sadly, walking out of the room and heading to the living room.

"And giving you some payback. For kissing Lottie." Stiles added, meeting Scott's hateful gaze with a glare of his own.

✧༺♥༻✧

"I brought you some water." Stiles poured the bottle he'd brought Scott into a dog bowl he'd brought in the bag, determined to have a conversation with Scott about his actions whilst Lottie was downstairs.

"I'm going to kill you!" Scott shouted, making Lottie flinch from her seat, curling herself into a ball.

"You kissed her. The one girl... And for the last three hours I've been telling myself it's just the full moon, he doesn't know what he's doing, he'll be totally normal tomorrow. He probably won't even remember being a complete scumbag, total bastard, sonofabitch, unbelievable piece of crap-" Stiles ranted, so unbelievably hurt by the actions of his best friend.

"She kissed me." Scott mumbled, loud enough for Stiles to hear him.

"What?" Stiles' voice cracked on the word.

"I didn't kiss her. She kissed me." Scott repeated himself, louder this time. Loud enough for Lottie to hear as she stood up, blood boiling. "She kissed me. And she would have done a lot more. You should have seen the way she had her hands all over me. She would have done anything I wanted. Anything!" He shouted, making Lottie storm up the stairs taking two at a time.

"Shut up! Okay? Shut the fuck up! You lying little-" Stiles had wrapped his arms around her and pulled her out of the room, pressing her back against the wall, resting his hands either side of her head.

"Look at me. Look at me!" Stiles said, lifting her chin as she kept her eyes closed and breathed deeply, trying to calm down. "Come on, look at me Lotts."

Slowly opening her eyes she met his and suddenly felt like she was underwater, she couldn't hear what he was saying, all she knew was that he was there and she needed him. In a way she'd never felt before. It was like she was seeing him in a whole new light, the way he was looking at her lit a fuse somewhere in her. Unbeknownst to her, she'd never look at him just as a friend again.

"...okay and I'm sure it'll be over before we oh-" He was cut off by her wrapping him up in a bone crushing hug, one that took his breath away. "Hey, hey, you okay?" He asked, rubbing her back, smiling as he felt her nod.

"Yeah, just thank you." She breathed out.

"For what?"

"For being you."

The two had been sitting outside Scott's bedroom across from each other playing catch with a dog toy that Lottie had brought with them when Scott started calling out again.

"Please let me out. It's the full moon. I swear. You know I wouldn't do any of this on purpose." He started, earning no response from his best friends who just glanced at each other, pausing their game. "Please let me out, Stiles. It's starting to hurt. It's not like the first time." Stiles put his head in his hands, trying not to let what Scott was saying affect him. Lottie got up and sat next to the boy, pulling his head into her lap and she gently stroked his buzzcut.

"Come on, Stiles, Lotts, please. It hurts. I can't take this. It's the full moon, it's Allison breaking up with me. And I know it's not taking a break. She broke up with me. And it's killing me. I feel so completely hopeless. Please, just let me out." Scott begged.

"We can't." Stiles muttered softly.

Scott snapped, he began to yank at the handcuffs till his wrists bled as he screamed at the door, at his friends who were teary eyed the other side of it. The first glimpse of moonlight crept into his room as the pain began to take over and a cry escaped his lips.

Scott's pained gasps and cries turned into wild thrashing as Stiles and Lottie got up, Stiles giving the girl his hand to help her up.

"Scott? Are you okay?" Lottie called out as the thrashing got louder until it abruptly stopped.

"Scott?" Stiles asked, peering round the doorframe, Lottie peering in too. What they saw was a broken set of handcuffs, a small pool of blood, an open window and a missing best friend.

"Well shit."

"Shit."

"Time to take Roscoe for a spin."

✧༺♥༻✧

Stiles was tearing down the streets at a speed Lottie loved tearing around the corner until he slammed on the brakes.

Leaning forward Lottie turned the volume off as they spotted several sheriff's department squad cars parked up next to an ambulance at the side of the road. Looking at Stiles she saw his face drain of all colour.

"No. No. No. NO." Stiles panicked, launching himself out of the car, towards the ambulance, Lottie speeding after him.

"Hey, where's my Dad? Sheriff Stilinski? Where's the Sheriff? Where's Stilinski?" Stiles began to ask the patrolling officers.

"Hi there. Have you seen Sheriff Stilinski? Anybody?" Lottie helped, panic setting into her bones as they couldn't find him. Stiles spun around in a circle, placing his hands on his head whilst tears sprung to her eyes at the potential harm his father could have come to.

A few feet away a gurney is rolled out of the woods behind them. Stiles turned green and Lottie lurched forward to grab his arm tightly. They made their way over to the gurney, pushing through people who were shouting for them to stop. When they reached, Stiles turned away, he couldn't look. So Lottie took the weight off his shoulders. Looking down Lottie saw the charred remains of a man, but that was just it, it was a man, but not Noah Stilinski.

"Stiles, it's not him." She whispered to him.

"It's- are you-"

"Stiles, I promise. It's not him. It's one of the guys from the other night." Lottie explained, recognising the man.

"But- but where's my-"

"Stiles?" Noah Stilinski called out to the boy. Stiles spun around, his whole body feeling lighter. "What the hell are you doing out here?" Noah asked, but Stiles couldn't answer. He stumbled over to his father and engulfed him in the tightest hug he could muster. Noah hugged him back as he glanced over his son's shoulder to look at Lottie.

"Is he okay?" Noah mouthed to the girl, who smiled with tears in her eyes.

"He is now." She replied softly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.4K 645 42
β—€ β—₯ In which a girl who almost have nothing left, meet a cute, sarcastic boy in the midd...
132K 4.1K 95
π–πž 𝐑𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐒𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐰𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐒𝐧𝐠. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧π₯𝐲 𝐭𝐑𝐞 π›πžπ π’π§π§π’π§π  Riley Winters thought nothing good would come...
4.3K 37 30
~ DISCONTINUED ~ She was well known around the supernatural community. Most of them with knowledge knew all too well who she was. Or at least until s...
182K 4.3K 94
"You fell in love with the feeling. But you didnt fall in love with me." She was the confident girl, he was the awkward boy. Could it be anymore obv...