My Boyfriend's Dad

By LunaNovaStarr

She's human. He's a Lycan. She's Dating his son. she's his mate. He's a king. what happens when a father's so... More

Chapter 1 intro
Chapter 2 Mate
Chapter 3 dinner
Chapter 4 break up
Chapter 5 Raphael
Chapter 7 Talk
Chapter 8 theories and plans
Chapter 9 Dream
Thanks Guys
books

Chapter 6 Black River

2.4K 51 2
By LunaNovaStarr

POV: Raphael

When I had gone to get Haven for dinner I saw she had been crying. She tried to cover it up but I still saw. As much as Midnight and I don't like it this was going to happen. She just went through a break up and already has trust issues with men. She was bound to be upset.

I gave her her space and let her process. We had watched some movies call teenage mutan ninja turtles. Apparently I have the same name as one of the turtles. I noticed all during the movies her phone kept going off and she would roll her eyes or huff out of annoyance. She would always answer. I wonder who was on the other end of that phone.

I'm sitting at the breakfast table in the kitchen sipping my coffee and going through some emails on my phone. I do this every morning. Wake up at six am. Do some light stretches. Go for a run in human form. Normally if I was home I'd do some training to but I'm here so a run will be fine. Then I shower and eat breakfast. By nine o'clock I'm sitting going through my emails with a cup of coffee.

I smell Haven before she enters the kitchen. She is my new favorite scent. She smells delicious. "Good morning Haven." I greet. She just doesn't some kind of growl. It was cute. Midnight wanted to growl back at her but I held him off.

She goes directly to the coffee pot grabbing a mug and fixing her coffee. My mate sure does like coffee. I don't like having her consume that much caffeine though. It's not good for her but I don't think she cares.

She gulps down the first cup like she did yesterday. She drinks three more cups after that. I wanted to stop her at three but I have to remember that I can't just control her or make her feel controlled.

"Morning." She finally says. "Feeling awake now?" I ask. She nods yes. I mind link an omega maid to bring Haven her breakfast. Stacy comes in and places a plate on the table for her. Stacy is the lead omega tasked with keeping this estate in order.

"Eat." I say motioning towards the plate. She sits down and slowly eats. I watch her every move. She must have felt my gaze on her because she looks up and her eyes glow that purple for just a few seconds again. This will happen every time she looks at me.

I look into her bright beautiful emerald green eyes. Haven stares back. I get lost in her eyes. "Al... I mean Sir all the bags are now packed in the car. A box of mint chocolate chip cookies are on the island for you." Stacy says breaking us from our trance. "Oh yes. Thank you Stacy." I say.

Stacy makes these mint chocolate chip cookies that are amazing and my favorite so any time I come she always sends me home with a box of them.

"As soon as you're done eating we'll head out. Your bags are already packed in the car." I tell Haven. She nods and finishes her food.

Twenty minutes later were out the door. My car is already out front waiting for us. I open her door for her. She gets in the car with a very light blush.

I get in the car buckling up. I put the car in drive and drive the Black River pack. Black river is Jax's pack. Liams pack is called the Golden Moon Pack.

The official name of my pack is the Moon Wolf pack. My pack is the royal pack. I only have warriors in my pack. I do have some omegas and the warrior's mates. Mostly the mates of my warriors are warriors too or they train to be. Not all of them are though. There are other jobs they can do in the pack.

Caroline's mate is a warrior. Her name is Penelope. Yes my daughter has a female mate. Once upon a time that type of deal would have been look upon. She used to get a lot of crap for it. Those two have over come a lot.

I turn the radio on turning the volume just low enough to be heard quietly. I reach over for the cookies offering one to Haven. She hesitantly takes one. "So where exactly do you live. Where do I drop you at?" I ask her. She tells me her address. "I still live with my parents." She answers. "How's Luke been. It's been a while since I've seen him." I ask making small talk because I mostly just want to hear her voice and savor it. I'm staying in Black River only for a day. Then I'll go home and start the process of preparing for Haven to come with me. I need an excuse to see her again after this.

"He's fine. Annoying" she says mumbling that last word. If I had been human I would not have heard it. "Well siblings can be annoying. My kids annoy each other too." I say.

Her phone buzzes and she rolls her eyes. "Speak of the devil" she mumbles again. I'm guessing it's Luke. A minute later her phone rings and she answers. "Yes. What do you want?" She says right off the bat with no hello. I listen iron the other side of the conversation using my enhanced hearing. "Well hello to you too. Did you not have your coffee this morning?" Luke says sarcastically.

"Yes I did. Now stop texting me. I'm fine. I'm safe. Ok. Don't worry so much. How am I suppose to move on if you keep hounding me?" She rants at him. I whistle at her reply. She glares at me. "Was that Liam? Put him on the phone." Luke says. Havens heart rate increases. "Uh.. he's driving. He can't talk right now." She lies. She hasn't told her family yet.

"What? No it's fine just hand him the phone." Luke continues to get her to hand the phone over. "No. Luke. He's driving and it's not safe. You wouldn't want him to be distracted talking to you and driving only to hit a tree or something now would you?" Haven argues back at Luke. I chuckle at her reply.

"Wait that doesn't sound like Liam. Are you with Liam right now? Where are you?" Luke demands of her. She glares at me again since mt chuckling gave her away. "Fine. Liam broke up with me ok. His dad is driving me home right now. Ugh want to talk to him?" She yells in the phone.

"Oh my. Haven I'm so sorry. What happened?" A tear slips from her eye. "I..I don't know. Everything was fine but yesterday morning he just ended it and left." She admits to him. "And Alp... Raphael is taking you home? Sorry Alpha King no disrespect my sister doesn't know about this world if your listening." Luke say mumbling the last part to me so low that Haven doesn't hear. I know what he was doing. He almost slipped up but corrected it and had to call me by name for Have's sake.

"It's fine Luke. When I get there I do need to have a meeting with you and your parents. I will mindlink you the when later." I mindlink him. I'm able to mindlink any wolf i want. They can link me back as long as I keep the line open.

For every other werewolf and Lycan they can only mindlink their own pack. My sons can mindlink me and anyone in my pack because they're my sons. If Caroline lived in another pack she could do the same.

Now you can be in a different pack and still mindlink someone apart of a different pack but this only applies if you are family. You may only be able to mindlink your family members. This is called a family link.

"Yes Alpha King. May I ask what its about?" Luke links back. "Hello? Luke are you there?" Haven says. "Finish your phone call with Haven first." I order him. "Yes I'm here. Sorry I was a little distracted." He says awkwardly in the phone. "Um ok?" She says. "Anyway just be safe Haven. I love you. Talk to you later." Luke ends the call after Haven says bye.

"Alpha King?" Luke comes back into the link. "Yes. Um all I can say at this moment is it's about Haven. Don't worry she's safe with me." I tell him. "OK Alpha King." He replies. I cut the link off and grab another cookie eating it. "Want another cookie?" I ask her.

"No thank you. I don't like chocolate and mont together." She says. "What!? Thats the best combination." I say. How can my mate, my fated not like mint and chocolate together?

"No. Chocolate and coffee is the best combination if your talking chocolate cookies that is?" She says. We then enter a debate on the better flavor combination for different things.

I got to know her a little better with some of her likes in food. I learned that she would rather a brownie over cake. She likes anything strawberry flavored. She doesn't like vanilla flavored things by itself.

I would answers back what I liked as well. Like how my weakness us cookies. I like bananas and anything that is peanut butter and chocolate. She agreed on that one.

Haven ended up falling asleep. On our way. I'm about an hour out to the pack when Liam mindlinks me. "Hey dad."

"Hello Liam. Whats up?" I say. "Not much just checking in." He says. He's worried about Haven. He cares for her and I don't think that will ever change. He's trying not to make me mad by referring to her specifically. It wouldn't make me mad but I can see how he would think that. If he wasn't my son it definitely would piss me off and cause some jealousy.

"She's fine son. How about you? How are you holding up?" I ask. "Fine. I guess. I mean I just had to break up with my girlfriend because she's my DAD'S fated mate." He emphasizes the word dad. "I'm sorry son. I know this is an odd situation. But hey. Just think if I can find my fated then you can too." I tell him in encouragement.

"Yeah I know. It just sucks and hurts right now. I'll get over." He says. I feel bad for him. I never wanted to hurt my kids. I do feel guilty about this but what can I do? "If it makes you feel any better your not the only one." I tell him.

"I know. Anyway I got to go three rogues just entered my boarders." He says. "Be careful. Link me when you get done to let me know you're ok." I tell him. Midnight growls at hearing about rogues. He hates them especially now after hearing about how one assaulted our mate.

I continue driving until I get to the address Haven gave me. I wake her up but she does not budge. I see out the window that Luke is coming out. He opens her door and unbundled her seat belt. "Alpha king" he bows his head. "I tried waking her but she wouldn't budge." I tell him. "Yeah she won't. I'll just take her inside." He says lifting her up. I take one last good look at her. Jack then comes out the house walking towards the car.

"Alpha King. It has been far too long." He says. "Yes it has Jack. Has Luke told you that I requested a meeting?" I says

"Yes he did. I apologize if Haven did anything to offend you. She just doesn't know our customs." He says in defense for his daughter. "There is no need for that. She did not offend me. It's about a different matter that I will speak to you about later." I tell him. I pop the trunk so he can get Havens bags.

Once they were all in the house I drive to the pack house. As I get out of my car I'm greeted with my daughter in law, Catalina.

"Raphael its so nice of you to visit." She says. "Yes. Where is my son?" I ask. "He's on his way. He was in the middle of a meeting." She says.

We walk inside and sit in the lounge area and wait for Jax. "Hey dad." Jax greets sitting down in a chair. "Son. How are things?" I ask.

"Fine. But I guess I should take this opportunity to tell you that you're going to be a grandpa." He tells me shocking me. "Really!? Wow. Congratulations." I tell him. I'm not so sure how Lillian will like being called grandma.

"Thanks dad. Are you staying the night?" He asks. I tell him I am. "OK I'll Gloria take you to your room then."

An omega leads me to my room carrying my bag. I take a quick shower. After I check in with my Beta and advisors to check in on things. I don't tell them about Haven yet though. I want to do this the right way.

Not to mention I don't want this to get to Lillian in anyway before I've had time to tell her and deal with the fall out. I don't want to hurt Lilliana. I've been with her for the past 700 years. Now have either one of us been faithful to one another, no. I've had a few little one night stands, well call them. I never had a full on affair type relationship with anyone. No mistresses.

Lillian has done the same. We act like we don't know about it with each other even though we do. It's one of our unspoken rules. It is kept very secret. Personally I couldn't see doing this with Haven. It feels wrong. The thought of another women touching me digust me now. I guess thats due to the mate bond.

As far as I know Lillian has not met her fated either. There was a rumor going around a few centuries ago that she had but it was never confirmed. I don't trust rumors with out hard evidence.

I notice the time and see the It's dinner time. I go down to the dining room where my son and Catalina are. We have dinner together talking and catching up. I still haven't told him about Haven either and I won't. Not until I tell her family first.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

772K 20K 51
I closed my eyes ready for my death when I heard a very loud and dangerous growl, I swear I felt the ground under me shook by it. I opened my eyes qu...
3.5K 249 53
Marigold is the only daughter of the tyrant king of the Fae realm. After witnessing her father murder her mother, she was sent into a powerless exile...
873 201 14
Lycan's were the first beasts created by the moon goddess to protect gods creation; the humans, from Lucifer's creation; the Vampires. Once the dark...
63.8K 4K 42
Secrets...in every family,friendship and relationship exists some kind of secret. They always find a way to exist,to manipulate and control someone's...