Healer

By PopDat_Sonic

the story of slim & cash. More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
Epilogue

14.

17.5K 828 501
By PopDat_Sonic

Slim🖤

"Call me when you need some love."

After finishing with work, Slim laid on her bed, reading a new book she'd picked up.

She was a tad bit bummed out about Cash, so she was in a mini hibernation mode which consisted of just working and staying home.

Although she was sad, she knew she'd bounce back, so she tried to maintain a routine and not let the situation alter her moods too much.

Her and Cash weren't serious, she had to keep reminding herself not to take it to heart for real. But for some reason, what he did still hurt her deep.

She didn't typically date, especially after what Los had done to her in high school, so giving Cash a chance was big for her.

It had been about two weeks of her and Cash not talking. The first week, he'd text and call all day, this week she guessed he decided to give her space.

"So youre having my baby, and it means so much to me..."

Slim spent the rest of her afternoon reading and listening to her different playlists, until it was time for her to leave the house.

___________________

"Hey Pilar!" Slim smiled as she entered her  home.

After their phone call, Pilar and Slim really connected leading to Pilar selecting Slim as her doula.

Today was one of their first official appointments.

"Heyyyy, are you hungry?"

"Oh no girl I ate lunch not too long ago, but what you made?" Slim asked.

"Just some spaghetti, something quick for the kids." Pilar told her.

Pilar and her husband had two other kids, during both births she just never felt comfortable, so this time she wanted to try an intimate home birth with a doula.

"Okay so are you ready to get started?" Slim asked.

Pilar nodded, "So what exactly do we do in this appointment?"

"Well after our initial meeting, I kinda got an idea of what you want your birth to be like.. but we need to discuss specific details now and I need to layout all your birthing options. It's all about making you and your family feel good."

Pilar gave Slim a smile.

"Okay so I seen something's on Tiktok.. like delaying clamping the cord and I really want a water birth."

Slim nodded, "We can do both of that."

"And my midwife said y'all met, did you like her?" Pilar asked.

"I did! She's really nice." Slim said.

The two spoke some more about the things Pilar wanted, and with some suggestions from Slim they were able to create a plan that Pilar liked.

——————————————————

Cash

"That boy sickkkk." Red laughed as Cash sat on his couch, moping.

"Nigga, shut the hell up. Damn!"

Red looked at him and laughed even harder, "Don't be mad at me, do not be mad at mf me."

"I'm finna leave," Cash shook his head.

"Wait so you thought she was messing wit Tay after she cleared everything up when her mama said sum?"

Cash just side eyed him, he'd already explained the situation to Red, now he was just being extra with the questions.

"Ight bruh imma chill," Red said.

As he said that, Dior came out of her room.

"Mmm.." She sounded as she made her way to the kitchen.

Cash mugged her, "Just keep on walking."

He already didn't like her.

"Nigga, I do as I please," She sassed.

"Yeen even been paying yo half of the bills, so ion see how you doing as you please somewhere that ain yours." Cash said.

Red stayed quiet. It was true, Dior hadn't paid towards their mortgage or other bills in 4 months and since that was his cousin, Red just decided to pay all of it and not say anything.

Now Cash knew it wasn't his place to really say anything, but he also knew his friend wouldn't. To him, what Dior was doing wasn't fair, especially since they had an agreement on how bills were to be paid before they moved in together.

If she didn't have the money, she could've said that to Red.. but instead she's stayed silent about bills.

"Whatever Cash," She rolled her eyes and went into the kitchen fridge.

"Yea whatever.."

Red stood up with his phone and looked to Cash.

"You tryna go onna block?"

Cash shrugged, that wasn't his type of scene anymore but it would be nice to see his friends.

"Who all there?" Cash asked

"Just Moonie, Zo, and Yamir."

"Ight bruh, imma drive myself 'cause I gotta leave from there." Cash told him.

In reality, Cash just wanted to have his car, just in case.

Rylo Rodriguez- Thang for You played as Cash raced Red to their old neighborhood.

Once they pulled up, he groaned seeing that it was more than 'just Moonie, Zo, and Yamir.'

"My nigga, Cash." Zo smiled as he dapped him up.

"Wassup wit y'all boys?"

"Shid tryna run up this paper," Moonie said.

Yamir stayed quiet, out of everyone him and Cash used to be the closest. But as Cash pulled away from the streets, him and Yamir also pulled away from each other.

He never meant for it to happen like that, it just did.

"What's the word 'Mir?" Cash greeted.

Yamir nodded his way, "Not shit.."

"How my lil nephew?"

"He straight," Yamir scoffed.

Deciding to leave it alone, Cash got on his phone to text Slim. He had slowed down on blowing her phone up, but he missed her.

"You tryna light up?" Red asked.

Cash looked up from his phone and shook his head.

"Cash not tryna smoke?!"

"That boy heart-broke." Red told them.

"Ahh shit, what you done did?"

Red chuckled, "Nigga knew he was in a situation and still went to fuck with Camila."

Yamir shook his head and mumbled something.

"Speak up," Cash said.

"I said that hoe don't bring you nun good."

Cash ignored him as he went back to his phone.

"Y'all need to squash whatever weird shit y'all got going," Zo said.

Zo was the youngest out of everyone, but he always had the most mature mindset.

"I ain got shit to say to that nigga," Yamir said.

"That's the problem, niggas just stopped speaking to me out the blue."

Yamir scoffed, "Shit wasn't out the blue, green, or purple."

Red let out a small laugh causing both Cash and Yamir to mug him.

"Ight so what it was?"

"I get you done 'changed your life' after the coma and shit, but you done forgot about the niggas that's been there."

"I reached out to y'all, especially you Yamir."

Yamir shook his head, "I wasn't tryna just text.. I was tryna see you and you giving the run around 'bout you busy."

"A nigga was busy, that's when I'd just started getting my businesses together."

"Man fuck you." Yamir said before pushing past him.

"You tryna run 'em?" Cash asked as he propped himself off of his car.

"Shid it's whatever, you know how I get down."

Cash pulled up his pants and made his way toward where Yamir had walked to.

"Y'all niggas chill.." Zo said.

"Nah, he the toughest nigga.. wassup wit it?" Cash shrugged.

Yamir turned around before he threw a punch at Cash, hitting him in his jaw.

"Oh shit! Nah, let them boys box it out." Red said as Zo went to pull them apart.

Feeling the pain run through the left side of his face, Cash began to throw hits to Yamir's face.

At this point, they were in the middle of the street fighting.

All of Cash's hits were connecting, but so were Yamir's.

The fight just intensified as both of them took their anger out on each other.

"Ight y'all chill, Moonie get him." Zo said as he pulled Yamir back.

"You forgot who taught you how to fight?" Cash chuckled as Moonie held him back.

"Nigga fuck you."

"Yea ight, both of y'all get in the car." Red said before unlocking his car doors.

"Where we going?" Cash asked.

"To see Slim, look at how y'all look."

Yamir now had a busted lip from one of Cash's punches, while Cash had a bruise forming under his eye as his jaw swelled.

"I could drive myself." Cash said

"Look he'on even trust his car 'round the us." Yamir said.

"Nah, I just don't wanna ride with yo bitch ass."

"Bruh, would y'all shut the fuck up?..." Zo said, "I could just drive yo shit up there, Cash."

Cash nodded as he passed him the keys before getting in his passenger seat.

"Y'all need to stop that shit." Zo said as he followed behind Red.

"Mane that's him."

Zo shook his head, "That's both y'all. Y'all used to beat niggas together on that street, now y'all beating each other?"

"Man..."

________________

Slim's House

Slim sat on her couch, smoking as she FaceTimed Nyla.

"Let's go get lunch tomorrow," Slim suggested.

"Ouu you seen that new place I sent you on Tiktok?" Nyla asked.

Slim nodded, "Mhm that's why I said sum about going out."

Nyla smiled, "I love food so-"

Slim's doorbell rang before someone started to bang on the door. "Who the fuck?"

"Who is that?" Nyla asked as Slim moved to her door.

She looked through the peephole to see Red with 4 other men.

"Girl, it's Red and some niggas." Slim said before opening the door.

"Red and some niggas?"

Red smiled as he pushed past Slim, "That's my baby mama?"

"Hey bae!" He said as he took the phone from Slim and flipped the camera. "Look at this shit, lemme tell you what happened!

"What is this?" Slim questioned as she eyed a bloody Cash and Yamir. "And who is he?"

"This Yamir dumbass.. him and Cash got to fighting and Red said you gon help them." Zo said.

"Imma help?"

Cash smacked his lips, "Yeen even gotta help that nigga, just me."

Slim laughed, "I should help just you?"

"Slim, you could just ice these niggas up?" Red asked.

"They got hospitals and shit, why y'all didn't go there?" She shook her head.

"Slim..."

She eyed both of them and sighed.

"Well Yamir looks like he gon need stitches.. Cash you could just get some ice out the fridge." She said before guiding Yamir to her desk area.

"Did Cash do this to you?" She asked as she cleaned the blood off of Yamir's face.

"..Yea, but yo pretty ass gon help me?"

She ignored him before stepping in between his legs a little.

Cash eyed the two as he placed an ice pack on his jaw and under his eye.

After cleaning and numbing the area, Slim began the stitches. "It may still hurt a little."

"Ahhh.." He let out in pain before gripping her thigh a little.

"Aye!" Cash made his way over and pushed Slim back.

"Cash move.."

"You want this nigga touching all on you?"

"Nigga who is you? You interfering wit my treatment." Yamir said mugging him.

Cash scrunched up his face, "Nigga who are you?!"

"Y'all both need to stop. Cash chill and Yamir don't be touching up on me, if it hurt for real grab this pillow.." She said before continuing the stitches.

Cash stood near her and hovered to keep his eye on Yamir.

"Oh my gosh..." Slim mumbled as she continued working.

Since the busted lip cut wasn't too deep, Yamir didn't need too much, allowing Slim to finish fairly quickly.

"You're all done these stitches are dissolvable so you should have no problems, just make sure you ice your eye and your knuckles too." She told him.

Cash had also blackened his eye a little which was now beginning to swell.

"Yeen hear me?" Cash said as Slim began to put her materials up.

"What Cash? Damn."

"You could look at me too?" He asked quietly as he was taken aback by her attitude.

Slim sighed before motioning to her chair, to which he happily sat.

Seeing a little blood on his face, she made sure to clean it with alcohol causing him to jump a little.

"Nah, why yeen use that peroxide on me?" He looked up at her with a mug.

She just smirked and continued, "Red go get him a new ice pack."

"Ouuu he got you good," She laughed looking at his jaw.

Cash ignored her before laying his head against her stomach. "Uht uhn, Ja'More move."

"I'm hurt, Slim." He sighed dramatically.

Slim just rolled her eyes before placing the new ice pack Red brought.

"Mane this who you heart broken over?" Moonie asked.

Slim looked over at them in confusion.

"Yea, that's Slim!"

"Cash you one dumbass, you tryna fuck wimme?" Moonie asked.

Cash smacked his lips as he mugged them.

"I'm getting paid for this." She said ignoring everyone.

Moving away from him, Slim began walking to her guest room. "Yamir and Cash come here."

They both hesitantly stood up and followed.

"Move nigga." Yamir said shoving him into the room.

"Y'all need to stop it." Slim said before cutting her eye at them.

"You see it's him!" Cash huffed.

"Sit down."

The two listened as they sat on opposite ends of the bed.

"Y'all are obviously friends.. so why are you guys fighting?"

Cash smacked his lip, "He weird."

"Nah nigga that's you." Yamir laughed.

Slim just stared at them, causing them to shift uncomfortably.

"I guess I was just missing you." Yamir told him.

Cash chuckled, "You gotta funny way of showing that shit."

"Cash!" Slim fussed. "He's trying to tell you how he feels."

"Ight, if you missed me why yeen just say that? I tried reaching out and you was the one ignoring me."

Yamir sighed, "I was just mad.. you know how I get. My bad bruh."

"It's all good, I apologize too." Cash said as he turned to his friend.

"We cool?"

"Yea we cool."

Slim watched as they did that little dap-hug niggas do.

"Ight, imma get outta here and let y'all talk." Yamir said eyeing the two.

Once he walked out, Cash looked to Slim.

"Slim.. I'm sorry."

"I know."

"I miss you."

"I know."

"And I never-"

"Yes I know, you never 'meant for no shit like this to happen'.. I heard that shit already." 

She laughed thinking about all the messages and even voicemails she'd gotten from him.

"Please just gimme a chance to make this shit right with you," He said.

"Cash lemme ask you sum.."

"Wassup mama?"

"You serious about me? Or is this a game?"

"It's not a game for me, Slim."

Slim sighed, "You don't trust me.. that's the first step for anything."

"I do, Slim."

"No.. I told you that I was done with Tay when my mama said that shit. I can't control him sending me flowers, and you know I initially thought it was you so that's why I texted you."

"I know that now, but I just jumped to the conclusion that y'all was still fucking around, so I hit up Camila." He explained.

"...Which I now know was wrong to act impulsively like that."

Slim shook her head, "What if something happens in the future and you act impulsively again? You have to trust me."

"I know Slim, be patient wit me.. teach me how to do this relationship for real."

"Cash, don't let me waste my time and my energy."

He nodded, "Just gimme the chance.. imma do right."

Slim blew out a breath, "Okay." 

"Gimme a hug." He smiled before opening his arms.

She walked towards him and allowed him to wrap his arms around her waist.

The two stayed in the embrace for a few moments until Slim yanked his head up by his locs.

"What the fuck?!"

"That Calamari bitch need to be blocked." She said looking him in his eye. 

She let go of his hair and watched him dig the phone out of his pocket.

"Hmm, see she blocked. Yeen gotta worry bout her or nobody else."

Slim nodded, "And Tay is blocked too.."

"Yeen have to do that, I trust you."

She smiled, "I wanna give you that same courtesy."

thoughts?

how you feel ab Slim taking him back?

how do you feel ab Slim and Cash's characters in general?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 1.3K 34
π™ž π™Ÿπ™ͺ𝙨𝙩 π™ π™šπ™šπ™₯ π™π™žπ™’ π™¨π™–π™©π™žπ™¨π™›π™žπ™šπ™™ 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙀π™ͺπ™œπ™ π™©π™π™š π™¬π™šπ™šπ™ π™šπ™£π™™.
4K 159 14
π˜šπ˜—π˜π˜• π˜–π˜π˜ π˜–π˜ π˜π˜™π˜–π˜” "π˜‰π˜“π˜π˜•π˜‹"
331K 16.2K 28
This forever my world, y'all just living in it. Based off the book "HER" you don't have to read that before this, but I suggest that you do.
308K 9.3K 29
i'll love you forever (short story)