Midnight Rain

Door raingelic

when you choose career over love, is it wrong? or, was it right to take the chance? - "Take the opportunity... Meer

Midnight Rain
01
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11

02

485 23 7
Door raingelic

CHAPTER TWO

———

"Y/N?"

I shaked my head, clearing my throat. I stood up from my seat, forcing a smile to appear. "Oh! It seems like both of you two know eachother." The Chief Prosecutor spoke, surprised.

Sana, the girl standing infront of me was about to speak but i cutted her words off. "Oh, ye..!" I instantly interrupted her, "No, sir." I spoke. She turned her head, widening her eyes.

The Chief Prosecutor nodded his head, "I see, it seems i have mistook both of you as close friends." He laughed. I chuckled, "We're just acquaintaces before, but we lost contact. I haven't been updated about her, until today." I told him, sarcastically.

I placed my hands inside my pockets, still forcing a smile. Sana felt awkward, trying her best to force a smile after appearing infront of my sight.

It had been so long.

"So, Y/N!" The Chief Prosecutor clapped his hands, turning his head back to me after calling my name. "This is your new client, Minatozaki Sana from the K-pop Girl Group TWICE!" He introduced, Sana smiled shyly and bowed.

I looked at her, seeing the differences of her appearance from before and today. "Greetings." I smiled, "I'll be looking forward in working with you, Ms. Minatozaki." I formally addressed her through her last name. Sana nodded her head.

She took a seat infront of me and i sat down as well while the Chief Prosecutor was standing behind the client, the Chief Prosecutor moved a little bit closer to me and patted my shoulders with a formed gentle smile on his lips.

"I'll leave this client on your hands, make me proud." He stated, taking his leave. I was about to speak, but he already closed the door which left me and Sana all alone inside one office.

This is awkward.

Fuck.

Lord, please take me away.

I closed my eyes, holding into my hands tightly underneath the desk. Sana cleared her throat, taking away the silence that filled inside the office for a few small minutes.

"It has been a while, it's nice seeing you." Sana extended her hand.

I moved my eyes on her hands, taking it slowly to give her a small handshake. I removed my hands quickly, trying to be professional.

"It's nice seeing you as well.."

And i hope i don't see you again after this.

Those words are what i wanted to finish, "So.." Sana fidgeted her fingers while looking down at the floor. The tone of her voice were obvious, she was nervous.

"You heard about my situation, right?" I nodded my head, preparing the papers infront of me. "Yes, i did. The Chief Prosecutor already explained the details before you arrived." She hummed, "I see.."

She lifted her head, looking at my direction. "You're a Prosecutor now." She said, "I thought you wanted to become a Doctor?" I stopped myself from doing things that i was currently doing after hearing those words.

"People change, Ms. Minatozaki." I smiled, "And please refrain from talking about past affairs in these kind of matters, we'll be talking as a Client and Prosecutor while you're inside my office." I took note, reminding her about the rules and etiquette that people have to follow inside my office.

Sana nodded her head, understanding my position. "Right, yes. I'm sorry." She apologized, i shaked my head. "No need to apologize, you did nothing wrong." I assured, moving the prepared papers to the side.

I held into my hands tightly, interwining both of my right and left hand together. "Why did you become a Prosecutor?" She questioned, being killed by her own curiousity.

"Remember what i said, Ms. Minatozaki." I smiled forcefully, a vein popping out of the side of my jaw. This was a behavior that happens when i'm with someone i dislike and i can't glare at them while i'm in the position of handling matters for them as a Prosector, especially since they are my clients.

Sana noticed my intimidating aura that surrounded my whole presence, she closed her mouth and the office fell into deep silence. She was having a hard time communicating with me, well.. it's no use anyways.

"Have you been well?" She still tried.

Remember what she did to you, Y/N.

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breathe before opening my eyes again. I turned my eyes back to her, nodding my head with a forced smile. "Yes, i have been well." I told her, "I hope that would be the last personal question you'll ask because we will talk about official matters now." Sana sighed.

A sad look on her eyes appeared, losing the bright spark she held after witnessing my presence. I raised my eyebrows, "Is it bothering you too much?" She nodded her head from my question. She didn't speak, but i could see her hands trembling.

I scoffed, "Don't worry." I tried to assure her. "I'll protect you from those accusations." It's my job as a Prosecutor anyways.

The bright sparkle on her eyes returned, lifting her head. "..Thank you." Her lips didn't form another forced and awkward smile, it formed a sincere, geniune, and bright smile specifically for my eyes to witness.

"This is what i do as a Prosecutor." I huffed, crossing my arms while leaning back on my chair. "So, no need to thank me." I turned my head, looking down at the floor as i avoided staring into her eyes that captivated my attention before.

As years passed, i had to admit it. She became more attractive, she was a beauty with a gorgeous figure. I had to give her that.

I cleared my throat, shrugging away all of the praises and compliments i held for her. It wasn't the time to think about those kind of things, it was time to think about work. It was my duty as a Prosecutor to fulfill my responsibility over my client in the court to prove the defending party to be guilty for their actions.

"I'll convince the public and the court that you are innocent." I told her out of nowhere, "Because i know you." I continued my statement without staring into her eyes.

But, even if i didn't see her look at me. I could feel her bright smile.

———

"Your past came back?" Jennie questioned, holding her laughter. "Oh my god, Y/N!" Jennie laughed, she was unable to hold into her laughter. I rolled my eyes, "Shut up, will you?" I grumpily responded to her tease.

"That must've been SO awkward for you." Jennie sarcastically stated, being aware of my past after ranting out to them while i was drunk before which led for me to have no choice but to tell them about everything because they couldn't stop persuading me into telling more about the story of my past.

Rosé looked at me, concern filling her eyes. "How can you focus on your duty now? This will get in the way of your work." Rosé told, crossing her arms. "She came back and you have to protect her because she's a client, a victim in a bullying case since she's currently a famous idol." Rosé sighed.

"I can do it, trust me." I assured, Jennie rolled her eyes. "Can you, really?" Jennie doubted, "Come on, Y/N. We know you're not over her, yet." I glared at her, "What do you know?" Jennie shrugged.

"Your eyes can tell, girl." Jennie spoke informally, she was safe since we were talking inside a coffee shop. "But, don't be so harsh on her." Rosé pointed directly to the image of the girl from before that was posted in the billboard along with a few other familiar ladies on her side.

"You know what she did." I argued, Jennie placed a bread on my mouth. "We know, but you know her situation now." Jennie said, "Don't make it worse for her." Rosé continued Jennie's words.

Jennie turned her head at Rosé, nodding her head. "It would be a bad choice adding fuel to the fire, Y/N. Confront her when things are finally okay." Jennie adviced, Rosé munched on her food. "I don't want to see her." I scoffed, taking a bite of my s'mores.

"How can you find the answers to your whys? The answers that you've been looking for? When will you find the right time to ask the reason for her sudden ghosting?" Jennie bombared me with questions, taking a sip of her coffee. I lowered my head, staring at the floor in silence because i didn't know the right words to say after hearing her words.

It was a sudden realization for me.

When will i find the answer to the day you suddenly left?

When will i finally hear the reason why you left?

When will my whys turn into it's okay, i understand.

When?

———

ikaw ba, if bumalik ex mo..
babalikan mo?

© raingelic 2023

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2.6K 97 14
!Misachaeng story! ・Not suitable for the young ・Some mature language ・includes murder! What will YOU do if you were put in the middle of two goddess...
6K 88 10
Just gxg one-shots/imagines of you and Sana! (Fluff, angst, smut, whatever you desire! I'll be taking requests!) - @sanasnicole
65.9K 3.2K 81
"In the end, we only regret the chances that we didn't take" "You will just know that, that someone is important to you when she is already gone" "Do...
205K 8.5K 37
Read to find out ;) (Sana x neutral reader) Start: 1|6|22 End: 2|19|22