Island of Storms [Sakura]

By TheEmpress_Stella

After a major mission went horribly wrong, the Leaf shinobi were ordered to retreat and abandon those left be... More

Thank you for choosing this story!
Chapter 1 | Urgency
Chapter 2 | Unease
Chapter 3 | Rouse
Chapter 4 | Adjustment
Chapter 5 | Strength
Chapter 6 | Small
Chapter 7 | Comb
Chapter 8 | Secrets
Chapter 9 | Enevaration
Chapter 10 | Missive
Chapter 11 | Decisive
Chapter 12 | Bizarre
Chapter 13 | Raid
Chapter 14 | Recollection
Chapter 15 | Map
Chapter 16 | Guilt
Chapter 17 | Breakfast
Chapter 18 | Vision
Chapter 19 | Repaired
Chapter 20 | Rebuild
Chapter 21 | Faith
Chapter 22 | Terror
Chapter 23 | Anger
Chapter 24 | Home
Chapter 25 | Cargo
Chapter 26 | Paint
Chapter 27 | Vase
Chapter 28 | Tears
Chapter 29 | Drinks
Chapter 30 | Midnight
Chapter 31 | Wisteria
Chapter 32 | Passage
Chapter 34 | Curry
Chapter 35 | Visitor
Chapter 36 | Revival
Chapter 37 | Homecoming
Chapter 38 | Transfer
Chapter 39 | Flight
Chapter 40 | Confess
Chapter 41 | Arrival
Chapter 42 | Family
Chapter 43 | Honey
Chapter 44 | News
Chapter 45 | Greeting
Chapter 46 | Learn
Chapter 47 | Arrangement
Chapter 48 | Isobu
Chapter 49 | Mail
Chapter 50 | Paper
Chapter 51 | Report
Chapter 52 | Shuji
Chapter 53 | Taste
Chapter 54 | Succession
Chapter 55 | Care
Chapter 56 | Victory
Chapter 57 | Letter
Chapter 58 | Raikage
Chapter 59 | Conference
Chapter 60 | Resignation
Chapter 61 | Freedom
Chapter 62 | Hachidori
Chapter 63 | Land of Fire
Chapter 64 | Matatabi
Chapter 65 | Patient
Chapter 66 | Cabbage
Chapter 67 | Dinner
Chapter 68 | Head
Chapter 69 | Wedding
Chapter 70 | Return
Chapter 71 | End
Act II
Chapter 10 and Life Update

Chapter 33 | Race

59 6 0
By TheEmpress_Stella

The woman's jade eyes moved to Gaara.

"We have the location of Shukaku," she stated. His brow creased slightly. "The One-Tail."

His siblings watched him take a deep breath.

"What do you mean?" he asked slowly. The man behind the Kage stepped around to the map of the nations on the wall.

"We've set a goal to try to locate all of the tailed beasts," he began, explaining the situation to all of them. "To do so, we have to locate all Akatsuki hideouts. We are aware of the one that Gaara was taken to when the one tail was extracted and the one located in Amegakure. A few days ago we asked the villagers about anything interesting they'd found on their travels, and a group of ex-sailors reported a large cave in the Land of Hot Water. Sakura has made an agreement with the daimyo of the land that we are able to take any remnants of the Akatsuki as long as we destroy the hideout."

"Why do you want to find all of them...?" Kankuro asked. Instead of answering him directly, she kept her focus on his brother.

"I would like to know if you would be willing to allow him to live here. As a citizen," she clarified as she held up a scroll. Kurama approached and took it before turning back toward the door.

"May I say something?" he asked, glancing at the woman at the desk. She gave him a smile and a nod.

"Shukaku can be a giant ass," he started. "But he's still my brother. I don't want him to be stuck in some seal or getting chased around forever. I know you had problems with him, but he's not inside of you anymore."

With that, he left. The young man took another breath, his sister placing a hand on his upper back in silent support.

"I have no opposition to this..." he stated as he looked at Sakura. "But... I would like to help retrieve him."

She smiled and gave a nod. She was not sure what his reasons were, but she would allow him to do so.

"Kakashi will be leading the mission, you may accompany him along with the rest of the team. Kakashi will brief you."

"Understood..." he murmured. Sakura turned her attention to the whole of the group.

"Tenten, were you planning on showing them around?" The brunette gave a nod of confirmation. "All right, do any of you have any immediate questions?"

After a short silence, folders were distributed to the group. "Those folders contain documents you will need to fill out and return to the receptionist by the end of the week."

"Did the envelope Oginku hand off to you have blue slips in it?" Kakashi asked, crossing his arms as he leaned against a desk that was on the side of the room. Shikamaru confirmed.

"Right..." Sakura started, grabbing a folder from her desk before she opened it and flipped through the papers. Finding the one she had been looking for, she looked back up at them. "Those were put in there a few days ago, but the system has hit a bit of a hiccup, so you'll have to fill out the usual forms."

She looked back down at the folder and flipped through it for a moment more before giving them a smile. "Well, if none of you have any questions for me, I think you're free to go."

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

"Here we are!" Tenten, Shikamaru, and the three siblings passed through the large archway that was at the edge of the city, stepping out into a large expanse of green fields. She motioned to her direct right and Shikamaru saw her house from Konoha sitting proudly next to the wall of the city. It seemed larger when not hugged by other houses. "This is my place, moved from the streets of Konoha!"

"You weren't lying," Temari mused as she looked around the rest of the land that sat between the gate behind them and another that sat what must have been a fifteen to twenty-minute walk away. The path curved from what they were able to see.

"It's a lot different once you see it, huh?" the brunette grinned. "Well, come on. I want to show you the different ones there are to choose from."

She led them past her home.

The beginnings of walls hugged the sides of the road, streets turning off here and there. It looked as though the walls would be built to separate the road from the homes, and the different clans would be walled off from one another.

"I thought Temari would like this one," Tenten stated as she stopped upon passing the wall that cut off her area from the rest. The others looked to find a moderately sized home that sat just far enough from Tenten's wall to allow for a small garden. "Lady Iro is in charge of this district's overall appearance and presentation, so you won't have much say on the look of the walls or the exact layout of the buildings. But this is where you'll get the style you wanted."

"This place is beautiful..." Temari smiled, having been taken with the location the moment she saw it. The group entered the building and Shikamaru watched as the women made their way around the rooms.

It was rather spacious for its size, and it turned out that the garden was larger than it had appeared from where they had been. The back of the home had an indent, decking running along the edges. After viewing the whole of the home, they stood out front.

"It seems well built I guess... I never thought I'd go house shopping so I don't really know what to look for..." Shikamaru muttered after Temari gave him a questioning glance.

"Could you imagine living here?" she asked. He looked at her in silence for a few moments, imagining what the future could hold for them before he responded.

"Yes."

"Then it's settled!" Tenten cheered as she slapped their shoulders, scaring them. "Now to find Puppet Master's house!"

"Puppet Master?" Temari asked, amused by the woman's title for her brother. Tenten only shrugged before leading them back toward the gate.

"I actually thought about a place after you said you wanted space for your puppets." They entered the gate and took a left, heading down a side street before she stopped and looked up at a two-story home. After viewing the home, Kankuro pulled the for sale sign off of the front door. The group was discussing where to look for a home for Gaara when the young man turned to them.

"Would I be able to view one of those homes?" he asked, pointing up at the nearest mountain. Tenten followed his gesture to look up at the homes that wound around the protrusion.

"Yeah! Of course! Kosai lives up there and from what I hear, there are still some that are empty."

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

"Come on Inari! You can do it!" Kosai called from an outcropping of rocks offshore of the North Fissure beach. Inari grit his teeth as he focused his chakra on the souls of his feet. He took a step off of the sand and onto the shallow water.

"Go Inari!" his friend cheered. He began placing his weight onto his foot and was excited when it didn't break the surface. He placed his other foot onto the water and tried to balance the chakra flow between them when he heard his teammate call out to him. He looked up to see a moderately sized wave coming directly at him.

He let out a yelp as he turned and ran back to the grass line. He heard the wave crash behind him and bent over, panting comically. The laughs of his friend reached his ears and he turned around.

"Why can't we do this at the hot springs!?" he yelled, cupping his hands around his mouth.

"Because they're not done yet!" Kosai yelled back.

"It's almost noon..." Inari observed as he looked up at the sun.

"What!?"

"I said it's almost noon!"

"Oh! We should go see if Big Sister Tenten has any more dumplings!" Kosai referred to a few days prior when Tenten had made beef dumplings. The two boys had loved and eaten almost all of them. Kosai jumped from the outcropping and dropped into the water with a splash. He surfaced and laughed to himself before swimming his way over to the beach. He stepped onto the sand and rang out the legs of his wintergreen swimming trunks.

"Why don't you just walk over? I'm the only one having problems..." Inari muttered.

"A few reasons," Kosai smiled up at his teammate with a grin. He began putting on his shoes. "I need to get better at swimming and I already said that I'm not gonna do it 'till you can. I'm not gonna show off. Plus we're teammates, we need to help each other out."

"Thanks..." Inari smiled as they began walking.

"No problem! Wanna' race?" Both boys grinned and lined up at the beginning of the dirt path.

"Ready..."

"Steady..."

They looked at each other.

"Go!"

They sped off. Inari was in first for the first stretch. He rounded a bar to get on the quicker path but let out a yell. Relying on his reflexes, he slid under the cart of fishing supplies and skidded to a stop. He sat cross-legged on the ground and panted. "Sorry, sir!"

The man who was pushing the cart grumbled to himself and continued. Kosai whizzed past Inari and laughed.

"Now I'm in the lead!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 120 15
March 16th 2018, story is under editing to make sense. (This was my first ever fanfiction. And is still unfinished.) July 19th 2019, story will be li...
76.6K 1.6K 18
-Completed- Started: February 20, 2020 Finished: May 20, 2020 The forth great ninja war has ended, leaving countless deaths and injuries, both to shi...
74.2K 1.8K 48
Shirazaki Y/N, childhood best friend of Uchiha Sasuke, has a complex and conflicted journey ahead. United by a strong bond since their early years, t...
310K 16.6K 60
โ you will ๐™–๐™ก๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™จ have a special place in my heart, and that terrifies me. โž Kohana Akaashi is your basic chip off the block stubborn asshole...