Elemental | jjk

By x_its_mia_x

Prophesied love is complicated. Even more so for two stubborn souls with the most unpredictable powers known... More

Preface
Chapter 1- Right, I Lit the Flame
Chapter 2- Him
Chapter 3- He's...Different
Chapter 4- Damn
Chapter 5- Curiosity Killed the Cat
Chapter 6- You're Kidding Right?
Chapter 7- Earth
Chapter 8- I Need You
Chapter 9- Calm
Chapter 10- Feelings
Chapter 11- Choose Your Words Carefully
Chapter 12- Rain On Me
Chapter 13- You're Gonna Be Hard Work
Chapter 14- Arguments
Chapter 15- How Could You?
Chapter 16- Cruel Trick of Fate
Chapter 17- Everything Happens for a Reason
Chapter 18- Saved by the Bell
Chapter 19- Do You Mind?
Chapter 20- Strip Tease Gone Wrong
Chapter 21- Investigated
Chapter 23- Do I Deserve This?
Chapter 24- The Plastics
Chapter 25- Never Have I Ever
Chapter 26- Party's Over
Chapter 27- The Nightmare
Chapter 28- He Wants Me Dead
Chapter 29-Barbie and Ken
Chapter 30- They Broke Up?
Chapter 31- Kook
Chapter 32- Breaking Point
Chapter 33- I'm Sorry
Chapter 34- Do It
Chapter 35- Baby
Chapter 36- The Lock
Chapter 37- The Trip From Hell Pt.1
Chapter 38- The Trip From Hell Pt.2
Chapter 39- The Dress
Chapter 40- Moving Day
Chapter 41- A Lesson in Dance and Manners
Chapter 42- Snow White's Without Her Seven Dwarfs
Chapter 43- Little Bit of R&R
Chapter 44- Frustrated
Chapter 45- The Truth
Chapter 46- Their Eyes
Chapter 47- The Ball Pt.1
Chapter 48- The Ball Pt.2
Chapter 49- The Ball Pt.3
Chapter 50- The Aftermath
Chapter 51- The Prophecy's End
Chapter 52- I Love You
Chapter 53- Things Have Changed
Chapter 54- Tell Me Sweet Little Lies
Chapter 55- I Miss You
Chapter 56- We're Not Who We Used To Be

Chapter 22- We're Watching You

13 2 0
By x_its_mia_x

song: post malone- circles

"Grey was it?" The woman speaks looking at me like this is the last thing she wants to be doing today.

"Yes." I nod almost too distracted by the amount of files surrounding me. The room is beautifully ornate looking a little like something from Harry Potter.

"Well as I'm sure you're aware, you are the first elemental we have had at this institution."

I look at her and remain quiet. She seems the type to only want answers when she asks a question.

"And with that comes a lot of challenges for us because you are unpredictable and elementals we have come across in the past have caused..." she pauses thinking of the right word before settling with, "problems."

Great, yet another person telling me I'm not wanted.

"Now, when it comes to your classes, I expect you to participate and learn to control your power. When it comes to anything outside of class, I expect more restraint from you. Until you have gained an adequate knowledge of your power and are in control of your emotions, you are expected to act with caution."

What is that supposed to mean? She couldn't possibly be talking about the guys right?

"Now Seokjin is our head boy and representative of his classmates. He keeps me informed of everyone's progress." She says looking to Jin.

I follow her gaze seeing him standing tall, hands behind his back not daring to show any emotion.

"And I have to say I'm not overly impressed with your start here Grey. You have missed quite a few classes and caused a scene in some of the ones you did attend. I know it can be difficult to do new things and have this new life thrust upon you, but one thing you must understand is that we have rules here and you are no exception. In fact, you are the one we are most eager to follow them."

I look to Jin wondering what he could have told her. I mean was it just that I was late? What did he say about class? Does he know half the stuff that the other boys do?

"I have come to keep a close eye on your studies and I would like for you to try learn control quickly. It's important for elementals to have a grasp on their power because it can take over if they do not learn how to keep it at bay."

I nod knowing that already I can feel my power trying to take control. She's pissing me off.

"I will watch from afar and Jin will keep me updated so please go along with your regular routine. We will not interrupt unless you do not listen to what we have said. Now for the rest of the day, we have informed your teachers you will not be in class. Instead you are to take these books, go back to your dorm and learn a little more about elementals. Please be dismissed."

I nod giving one last look to Jin who hasn't moved a muscle the whole time and leave the room. Making my way back the way I came, I go straight to my dorm not wanting to have to deal with the others asking me all about what just happened.

Finally arriving at my room, I place the books on the coffee table and get something to eat from the kitchen. Bringing it back with me to the sofa, I flick through the first book already bored and sigh finishing my food before I even dare to look at those books again.

*********

After sitting for a while procrastinating, I decide to pick up a book. I'm gonna have to get through them eventually. Before I even read half a page, I hear a scratching sound coming from the front door so I get up listening out for it again. What the hell is that?

I open the door slowly checking for anyone but instead see a black cat sitting looking up at me, a small purr coming from it. As I look down confused it sprints into the dorm past my legs and I quickly shut the door searching for where it went. Seeing it on top of the arm of the chair I make my way back to the sofa and it follows me until I sit down.

"What are you doing here?" I mutter to myself utterly confused at how there can be an animal in this school.

It purrs again looking at me sadly so I lift it onto my lap and stroke it whilst lifting up the books to read them once again. After getting through one of them, unfortunately it being the shortest of the pile, I give up having had enough for today.

"I think that's enough reading for today. It's hard enough being an elemental never mind reading about them." I sigh.

Am I really talking to a cat? This place is making me go insane. The cat turns to look at me. It almost looks sad. Can a cat look sad?

"What is Jimin gonna say when he sees you here later?" I say looking at the cat confused.

"What am I gonna say when I see Jimin here later?"

Hadn't thought about that part. I haven't prepared myself. I don't know what he expects now.

Ignoring the thought for now, I open the second book lying back on the sofa the cat still on top of me as I read through a couple of chapters before falling asleep. It was really boring. I thought it'd be interesting to learn about elementals but it's not. At all.

********

After waking up half an hour later, I put the TV on for some background noise and hear the door open behind me. Is it that time already? I wonder if he's alone or if the others are here too. I turn around quickly as he shuts the door seeing that it's only him and turn back stroking the cat for reassurance.

Okay Grey, you can do this. Calm down.

"Hello love." He says heading to the kitchen and grabbing an apple from the counter before making his way over to me.

"Jimin look what-" I begin to tell him about the cat but he interrupts already having spotted it.

"Want to tell me what the hell you're doing?" He raises his voice as he looks at the cat.

Has he gone mad?

The cat sits up on my knee almost as if it's looking back at him.

"Get off her." He says lowly looking as if he's about to explode

"Jimin!"

He ignores me, his frown growing bigger, "Stop hiding and get off her."

"Jimin why are you talking to the cat?" I say still looking at him utterly confused by this whole thing.

He laughs unamused looking at me and pointing to the now really heavy lump on my legs. I look back down seeing Yoongi lying across me, head resting on my lap and shove him off jumping onto the back of the sofa.

"What the fuck?!" I shout looking down at him on the floor.

"Eh...ow." He grumbles rubbing his back as he gets up. "I mean did you really have to push me off? You didn't mind a minute ago."

"I thought you were a cat a minute ago!" I exclaim.

"Yeah but aren't I still just as cute?" He grins.

"What the fuck is going on? Can someone please explain how the hell that happened and why he's acting so...weird."

"I am not acting weird, you just don't know me very well." Yoongi huffs offended.

"Yoongi is a shapeshifter. He can transform into other living things." Jimin says arms crossed as he looks at his friend unimpressed.

"Including plants." Yoongi says proudly.

"Whilst I'm sure this is all fascinating to Grey, I'm more interested in finding out why you were here in the first place never mind as a cat snuggling up to her."

"Look, Jin is under a lot of pressure with you know who being here, so he asked me to help out keeping watch and with my power it's a lot easier to do that discreetly. That's why I was here this morning."

"So you came here just to watch Grey? You must've known I wasn't out of class yet."

"Well I was hoping she'd start talking about you while you weren't here."

"And what good would that do you?"

"Well you guys are doing each other right? So I hoped she'd talk about feelings or something and I could pass it on. Seeing as she doesn't want Grey to have any distractions."

Did he think we'd slept together last night when he saw us?

"Why couldn't you just ask? Spying on us isn't fair."

"No, but it's fun." He laughs.

"Can you just leave? We don't need anymore of this crap today. And just in case you were thinking about coming back tomorrow, you can save yourself the trouble. I'm gonna catch Grey up on what she's missed tonight and tomorrow she'll be in every class."

"Glad to hear it," he says about to leave before he turns around ready to speak again, "but seriously Jungkook is gonna kill you when he finds out about...this." He chuckles pointing between us.

"He knew what he was getting himself into." Jimin says flatly.

"But do you?"

"I know enough."

"Be careful Jimin, you know how he feels about this and if you don't take it into consideration, you'll be the one getting hurt."

"It's not just about him Yoongi. It may be written in some file, but that doesn't mean it's actually true."

Are they talking about the prophecy? I'm starting to feel guilty. I should've told Jimin about Jungkook.

"And that's what makes this all so enjoyable. I mean who would've thought that she'd be here all of five days and already she's lost control in class, started a war between you and Jungkook, had a go at Jin and hooked up with you. If that's not following everything we've been told, then-"

I interrupt him with a slap across the face. Tears well in my eyes as I feel Jimin pulling me back.

"You think I'm just some experiment? Just someone you can test to see if I fit what you all expect elementals to be like?" I raise my voice at him feeling nausea rising in my stomach.

"Grey calm down, your power-" Jimin begins.

"I know." I huff, pulling out of his grasp and stepping towards Yoongi again.

I can hear the weather raging outside I don't need anyone to tell me it's me.

"I'm just following what you guys tell me, but I don't want to be treated like a child. And I'm not sleeping with Jimin okay?"

"Well technically..."

I turn to Jimin looking at him flatly, "Do you want slapped too?"

"Depends where you slap me." He winks.

"Do you ever think with your brain and not your dick?" I roll my eyes.

"Not when it comes to you."

"Jimin can you at least wait until I'm not here? I don't need to know about...any of this." Yoongi says walking away disgusted.

Jimin laughs at him shouting one last thing before Yoongi leaves, "Expect to hear it more." He smirks hugging me from behind as I sigh and Yoongi looks at us once before shaking his head and leaving.

~~A/N~~ I start back at uni tomorrow so hopefully I'll have a bit more motivation to write. I'm working on a totally different book yet again so now I have so many unfinished books sitting in my notes. Hopefully I'll get around to posting them all at some point. Thanks for reading! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.7K 137
BTS Star and K-pop idol Jeon Jungkook has always wanted to meet his soulmate, fall in love, and have a fairytale ending. But not all dreams get to co...
473K 19.3K 58
❝[...], you seem to always find a way back onto my path.❞ What happens when two old friends and more precisely, two ex-lovers, meet again after thei...
47.5K 1.2K 69
Kim Y/N is a normal girl living her life on her own along with her beloved friends and family. Suddenly,a guy named Jeon Jungkook showed up in her li...
345K 17.6K 19
yoongi was wrong - jimin thought - true love really does exist, he just hasn't come to terms with it even though it's standing right in front of him...