I'm The Princess's Twin?! (Lu...

By read_write_work

"Who Made Me A Princess?" was a story which was for the Lovely Princess Athanasia. I loved as how she had gon... More

Author's Note.
1. What Kind Of Farce Is This?
2. Ara and Athy.
3. Claude de Alger Obelia.
4. The Boat Scene.
5. (Athanasia) I Love My Sister!
6. His Sleeping Face.
7. What A Spectacle!
8. You're Awake.
9. I Became An Aide For The Emperor.
10. Mr. White.
11. I'm Called What?!
12. Holy Beasts and A Pretty Mage.
13. My First Ride.
14. Recovering From Near Death Experience.
15. Overwhelmed.
16. The Deal.
17. Escorts.
18. Happy Birthday.
19. Debutante: Part 1.
20. Debutante: Part 2.
21. Into The Darkness.
Q & A
Q and A 0.2
23. The Most Charming.
24. My Private Library.
25. Jeanette.
26. You're Cheesy.
27. Final Goodbye.
28. Is She Gone?
29. Roles Reversed?
30. The Forgotten One.
31. Place Where She Died.
32. War.
33. Birthday Celebration.
34. This Is My Ara!
35. A Swordsmaster.
36. A Festival?
37. Outing.
38. A Demon.
39. Don't Show Me Your Face!
40. Worry.
41. Who Did She Take After?
42. Reconciliation.
43. Pinky Promise.
44. Lucas?!
45. She's Dying!
46. Athelinda and Lucas.
47. Meeting the Alpheus Boy.
48. Creepy and Cheesy.
49. Premonition.
50. I Think I'll Die Soon.
51. Bring Her Back.
52. Ara's Memories.
53. I'm Sorry.
54. The Council Meeting.
55. What Next?
56. Manipulating Kindly.
57. Welcome Home, Jeanette.
58. Towards The Last Step Of The Plan.
59. Let's Get The Show Started.
60. Punishment And Praise.
61. My Cute Second Sister.
62. Everything Is Turning Good.
63. Final Showdown.
64. End of Final Act.
65. Back To The Tedious Office Work.
66. Ara's Guide On How To Be A LadyKiller.
67. Date.
68. Why Do You Like Me?
69. I Don't Need Anything Else!
70. I'm Happy!
71. Epilogue: Content.
Q & A
Bonus Chapter.
Bonus Chapter 2.
Bonus.
Bonus.
Bonus

22. Tea Party.

1.8K 78 17
By read_write_work

ATHANASIA POV.

After two days, despite me telling Ara to rest she was back on her usual routine.

"She can train and fight amongst the knights but is scared of water?" Dad had said and Ara being Ara had simply stared at him blankly.

Now that I think about it, I really could see the stark similarities between Dad and Ara. Ara did everything for me and Dad because she loved us, she always tried to work harder and never left a chance to support me.

I wondered why she wanted to give everything only to me, I mean, I knew she loved me a lot even more than Dad but... I couldn't just take everything and give her nothing. That's why when Dad suggested that he was thinking of making Ara the Crown Princess I agreed to it in a heartbeat. That was the kind of title that only Ara could handle, she had worked hard since childhood only for me but it was time that she was recognised for her talents and efforts.

Ara was the youngest high-tier Mage and the only female swordsman in the Empire who was close to becoming a swordsmaster at the age of 14.

I was so proud of her.

If I had to admit it very honestly then, I was alive and happy today only because of Ara.

"Wow, I've never seen a more beautiful garden." I was brought back to reality as I heard the excited feminine voices.

Ah, right. I was holding a tea party.

"This is a garden my Father made for me, since I love roses so much. It's one of my favourite places as well."

"My goodness! His Majesty truly has a kind heart."

I had recieved a lot of letters and so did Ara but she just chucked hers in fire without even looking at them. While I didn't get permission to leave the palace.

When I asked for permission Dad just said, "How arrogant! Who do they think they are, ordering you two to visit them!"

"I'd rather you should just arrange one here." Ara had suggested and I took that idea.

"Actually I thought he was a bit scary when I saw him at the ball, but I was wrong."

"To build such a garden! He must really cherish you, Your Highness."

"Well, actually, Dad had ordered but it was Ara who had designed this whole place." I spoke. I couldn't just not tell them, they couldn't just keep praising Dad and not Ara.

"Really? Oh, my. I didn't know Her Highness was even talented in such a thing!"

"To be honest, she seemed just like His Majesty when I saw her at the ball. Both of them held the same posture and expression. Though Her Highness looked really pretty when she smiled."

I smiled at that, Ara did look really pretty when she smiled.

"Your Highness and His Majesty looked picture perfect on the day of the Debutante."

"Even Her Highness Amara and her partner!"

"Yes, you and Her Highness looked like fairies from story book."

"I was really shocked when I saw the stars in the ballroom after you and His Majesty danced and even after Her Highness Amara danced there were some beautiful butterflies and flower petals."

"That was Ara's magic."

That earned some squeals.

"I had only heard that Her Highness Amara was a very strong Mage I didn't know she could make something so beautiful."

"Come to think of it when Her Highness danced with her partner I could have sworn that they were flying!"

Because they were.

"Both of them were Mages, after all."

"So magical!"

"But, is Her Highness Amara not going to be present for this tea party?"

"Ah, she had her training so, she said she wasn't so sure if she'd come or not." I said and then looked down at the tea cup.

I really wanted Ara to be here, I wanted to show her off a little. After all, it was only her who was unconditionally by my side.

"If my beloved sister calls me who am I to say no?" I gasped as I heard Ara's voice close behind me.

I whirled around to see her standing there.

"Ara..."

"Ah! Y-You just appeared... out of nowhere."

"I used teleportation, since I was running late." Ara spoke as she looked at the girls.

She was usually dressed in shirt and pants at home but I guess today she'd decided to use a coat and cravat that made her look effortlessly stylish just like how she praised Dad.

"Ara!" I stood up and hugged her.

She chuckled lightly as I patted my back gently, I hadn't seen her properly in these days since she was always working, the only times I did see her was when she'd arrive for her meals or for tea time.

"Oh," she said as she looked down at me and held me at an arm's length.

"What is it? Do I not look good?" I asked as she eyed me.

"Man, is it just me or you're growing more and more beautiful with passing days?"

"It's just you, Ara." I giggled.

She'd usually just praise me like this.

"Blessings and Glory upon the Star of the Obelian Empire."

I and Ara looked back at the ladies who stood curtsying to her. Well, she was the Crown Princess after all.

"I swear I can't get used to this." She spoke in my head and I simply smiled.

"Please be seated." Ara said and the ladies sat down.

Ara pulled the chair back for me and I looked at her, she just acted so chivalrous sometimes that I couldn't help but blush.

"You don't need to do that." I whispered to her and she smiled down at me as I sat down.

She reached out and touched the side of my head and I felt something being adjusted in my hair.

I reached out and touched my hair finding something like a rose, I looked at Ara who simply gave me a wink before she sat beside me.

"I apologise for being late, ladies. I hope you won't mind introducing yourselves to me." She said as she sat leaning back with her legs crossed, her aura and gaze demanding respect.

"My name is Helena, of Marquess House of Irain. Um... By any chance, do you remember me?" The dark haired and clear green eyed girl who sat the closest spoke and I smiled.

"We danced together at the ball. I do remember you." I said with a smile.

"The white lilly actually suited you better." Ara spoke and Helena's cheeks slightly dusted pink.

"T-Thank you, Your Highness."

I turned my eyes to the next lady, and the introduction went on till my eyes fell on the certain girl.

"I'm Jeanette Magrita." She said, "I returned the ribbon you dropped that night, Your Highness."

I released a sigh as everyone around was nearly blinded by her beauty. Well, she was the Jeanette after all, the female lead and the protagonist of this story.

"I remember thank you." I replied smiling.

"Now that I think, I should have just burned that thing when she was handing it to you." I heard Ara say in my head and I gave her a smile.

"Please keep your cool, Ara." I replied and she released a sigh before she turned away.

Ara was really not the one to hide her displeasure with something. Hell, she wouldn't even back down in front of Dad then anyone else in the world was as good as dust to her.

"If your name is Magrita then, does that mean you're the second cousin of the son of the house of Alpheus?" The girl sitting beside Jeanette asked and she smiled at her.

"Actually, I was raised by the Alpheus family ever since I was little, so he's like a big brother to me." Jeanette spoke.

"I'm envious that you had him to escort you..."

"After seeing him person I knew the rumours weren't an exaggeration. So tall and handsome."

"Didn't he just look like a statue of Fioreze?" The girls squealed and started fangirling.

Suddenly the talk shifted to boys and I turned to see as Ara picked up her tea cup and stared off into the distance. She didn't like such social gatherings, another trait she had from father and currently, she was just doing what father would do. She's zoning out.

"That reminds me, the Princess danced with him too, right?"

Suddenly everyone looked at me excitedly.

"I saw that too! He was asking the Princess for the next dance too."

I suddenly shivered lightly as I felt a cold gaze on me. I couldn't turn to see at Ara who was most probably looking at me as if to know my answer.

"You two looked like a scene from fairy tale."

"If only they'd seen you stepping on his feet." Ara spoke in my head as she turned away again.

Ara!!! Ah, my dark past!

"What was it like, Your Highness?"

I turned to the girls and said, "I was honestly surprised. I never expected to be asked to dance by the son of House Alpheus. I've heard a lot about him, so I was curious too."

"Kya!" They squealed again.

"So talk of him made it all the way into the castle walls, as well."

The girls started excitedly talking and just came to notice that these were just the average girls. The book of "The Lovely Princess" was so full of jealousy and torment so I was a little nervous.

"Lovely Princess" was a novel solely for Jeanette, for Jeanette, by Jeanette and about Jeanette.

So it was common for the girls approaching Ijekiel to disappear even before they got a chance to be remembered. And any characters who got on Jeanette's bad side didn't end up well.

Well, everything in this world exists for Jeanette in the first place anyway.

Except for...

I turned my head to look at Ara who was still zoning out, she was staring at a butterfly again. She usually never said but she did like them because they were delicate and their existence was fleeting. She had told me this once that life was like that so, all I had to do was rely on her and she would protect me from everything. She treated me like the delicate butterfly and I guess, it was only her who would do that.

It was only Ara in this world who would genuinely love me till the very end. If there was one thing in this world which I could say belonged to me then, I'd say it's Ara.

"What about the man who danced with Her Highness Amara?" A girl asked looking at Ara.

"Man?" I looked at Ara as I thought she'd only danced with Dad, Lucas and Felix, did she dance with someone else?

"Yes, a very tall and handsome man!" The girls squealed.

"He seemed quite older but he was too handsome to miss at the hall!"

Ara grew rigid and I looked at the girls as they were praising this stranger and I turned back to Ara. I frowned a little as I saw her jaw clenching. Why was she angry all of a sudden?

I reached out and placed my hand over her back and she relaxed slowly.

"Who was that man, Your Highness? It seemed like you were acquainted with him!" Helena asked and Ara looked at her and the eager girls.

Say what?!

"I don't understand why these girls are interested in that damn bastard." Ara spoke in my head and saw her sigh lowly.

"Who was it, Ara?" I asked and she looked at me.

"It's better to not think about that man," she spoke and a gust of icy wind passed through the table making everyone shiver.

"If you want good lives then stay away from such people."

The faces of the girls held smiles but they had gone pale at Ara's words. It seemed more like a threat than a warning.

Just who was the man that only Ara knew and even disliked so much?

Were there really some sides of her that I didn't know?

***

Welcome to the Season 2 everyone!

Well, I wanted to say something to you guys but I forgot, I'll just include it in tomorrow's update.

Anyways, tell me how you found this chapter?

It was a bit small I know but as a start I thought of putting something light since the intense chapters are close and you might want to throw this book away because it might get a bit overwhelming.

Have a great day everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 545 10
The youngest grandaughter of the High Priest of Tรฌrvitae is met with a terrible truth. Given a revelation by the Holy "World Tree", she suddenly rem...
200K 8.9K 25
A girl transmigrated into our all time favorite manhwa, Who Made Me a Princess; but not as the protagonist, Athanasia. She instead, transmigrated int...
64 0 26
"The realization and truth of my life confused me. My stepmother was actually my father. The man I knew as my father was really a stranger. I was hal...